Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


101 to 150 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

"Opening a group line. I will let you know if something approaches the ACN. Good luck everyone. And ..uhm, could you pick me up a souvenir this time around?. I don't want to complain, but you didn't get me one last time you left."

Not sure how the interference works now that we're connected to the ship, but if this messes up communications back to our AI please let me know when it fails


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir boards the alien ship as one of the last, the needler rifle he holds in his hands while in one of the spare ones he holds his microlab, which he uses to scan his surroundings.

It is a hand-held device consisting of a modified chemalyzer. You all recall when Vedrir asked Kit to help him built it.

Vedrir takes a look at the armor.

Can we determine if the alien using this armor is a humanoid? By the number of arms and legs and shape of the torso that must be filling this power armor?


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:
_Wyrd_ wrote:
"Kit, is there an internal com system we can access from here? The crew might now be able to respond to us by ship to ship comms, but maybe we can talk to them directly from here?"

"I'll check!" The goblin almost bounces toward the nearest thing that looks like some sort of panel and tries to access it. After a moment he pauses, dramatically rolls his eyes as if in reaction to someone speaking to him, and engages his suit's environmental protections.

Engineering to find and/or access internal comms: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Fire Starters Loot

The banging from further within the ship continues throughout your time exploring the room.

A.L.I.C.E. opens a channel with Far Portal Station and passes the writing on the outside of the ship. It takes several moments for the station to respond, but A.L.I.C.E. lets all of you know a scientist on Far Portal Station says the writing on the ship's hull reads Breath of Embers in Ignan.

Wyrd investigates the broken onyx pieces and the foot, but can't recall any special significance to the material or its presence in an airlock.

Puzzle, Nomyra, and Vedrir check out the powered armor. Vedrir's investigation of the powered armor reveals it was almost certainly built for a humanoid of similar size to a kasatha. Unlike a kasatha, however, this was designed for someone with only two arms. It looks practically identical to the standard Pact Worlds design for the armor.

Kit rummages around looking for a computer or comms to plug into. The only thing resembling a console in the cargo bay is actually the armor's charging station, so Kit makes his way over to join his companions. Kit attempts to access the console (which would also potentially release the magnetic locks holding the powered armor in place) but can't make it past the console's authorization requirements. It's asking for a keycard.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Time to go check on what's causing that banging?"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle nods to Wyrd's suggestion. "I wonder what it is..." the android murmurs and pauses to listen more closely to the banging, trying to match the origin with percussive patterns in their memory.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Is it possibly to tell if it is the sound of someone hammering, trying to communicate, or periodic like machinery for instance?


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd and Puzzle move toward the doors to investigate the banging coming from farther within the ship. It sounds like someone - or something - banging on the ship's doors or walls. The rest of the party follows close behind.

The doors to the next room to the west slide open with a touch.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Verdir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The symetrical room feels strangely out of place compared to what you would expect on a starship. The walls appear to be made of worked basalt lit by flames hovering over brass scones. The floor is lit by an eleborate moasaic of a red sunburst against yellow tile, and the ceiling overhead rises in a stone cupola bearing the same pattern. In the center, brass vines with leaves of flame climb an empty basalt plinth.

A tiny as in size Tiny, four-armed serpent flies supernaturally in the room above the empty plinth see the slides. It looks up with a grin as you enter.

It speaks in Common. "Welcome to my temple. Speak your wish, and it shall be granted."

The banging continues from beyond the doors to the north of this room.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir looks with interest at serpent-like creature. He quickly uses his micro lab at it trying to identify what it is.

Rules says that any living creature I can identify as a move action taking 20 on a life science roll for living beings and physical science for not living beings. The distance for it si 60 ft. Life science is +9 so 29 vs DC equal to rarity of the creature page 133 CRB.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd looks surprised by the creature and glances at Puzzle

Mystiscm in case Vedrir can't come up with what the thing is: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Fire Starters Loot

Vedrir

Spoiler:
The creature is a rifti protean, a tiny outsider made of chaotic energies. It has no ability to grant wishes. You deduce that the creature likely formed from the entropic energy caused by the transit through the Far Portal. You know the following 3 things about it:
-Creatures bitten by rifti proteans risk becoming confused briefly.
-The rifti protean can shoot energy rays as ranged attacks; the energy in each attack is random.
-The rifti protean also has immunity to random energy; the type of energy can change each round.

Wyrd

Spoiler:
You do not know what this creature is.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir tilts his head as he looks at his device scanning the alien creature. After couple of seconds he says:

"This is a rifti protean made of chaotic energies. He must have been created during transition through the Far portal. Hmmm."

He turns silence for a moment than taps on the screen with his finger.

"I've sent you additional information on your comm units please have a read before interacting."

Have a read of the spoiler, I find it uncomfortable to describe combat readiness of a being while it can hear us ;)

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Almost scratching his head as he has no idea what this creature is Wyrd remembers just in time that he turned on his armor's protections and would just end raking his gloved hand across the top of his helmet.

After a brief glance at his heads up display he continues as he glances at the others in the party before addressing the creature politly

"We _wish_ to find out what happened aboard this ship, oh granter of wishes."
Diplomacy added just in case: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

It's a good thing that Vedrir's information mentioned I can't grant wishes it would have been a shame to just blow an actual wish on that question ;)


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra looks disappointed when Vedrir reveals that the creature can't actually grant wishes.

"Do you have a name? What are you doing on this ship?"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

After reading Vedrir's message, Puzzle opens their mouth to speak, but Nomyra is quicker with her queries. The android nods as she asks her questions.

After hearing the replies, Puzzle asks the following: "Are there any other lifeforms aboard? Are they in need of assistance? Where did the ship from?"


Fire Starters Loot

The being suddenly flashes with a bright light, replaced by a rotating, floating ring of silvery metal. The ring speaks audibly in the same voice.

"Ohhh! You want to know what happened? To my ship? Well, the great Azeltrianx will tell you if that is your wish. This ship comes from the Empire of the Dawn on the Plane of Fire. I have traveled for hundreds of years, looking for a new place to call home, and now I have found it! I will tell you more, but first, you must dance for me!"

The ring poofs into a cloud of smoke, which clears momentarily to reveal a tiny floating glass vase in its place. As this happens, you hear the sound of applause coming from the creature/ring/vase.

After Puzzle asks their questions the vase replies, "Why yes, there are other lifeforms! Angry Abs the nudie spirit is a mean one! I was playing right through those doors," the vase tilts to the south, "but he chased me out into here!"

"Could you do something about him? I'll grant you another wish!"

The periodic banging continues to the north.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit stops shuffling his feet when he realizes no one else is dancing, then looks around sheepishly to see if anyone noticed. "What's a nudie spirit?"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing the creature change shape from a serpent to a ring to a vase doesn't surprise Wyrd in the least, it even brings a small smile of amusement to his face. It is after all in his nature that things change around him although normally not on their own accord.

"Angry Abs the nudie spirit has been mean to you?! That's just plain rude if you ask me. And he is behind those doors you say?"

Wyrd points towards the south doors

"We might be able to talk to him about that. Can you tell us anything more about him? We wouldn't want to talk sternly to someone else by mistake.

[b]"Are you sure you don't want to us to check what's causing the banging on the doors over there? It can't be pleasant to live in this room with that constant banging I imagine."

Wyrd turns around until he points towards the doors to the north.

and then continues to turn around the room

"And what is behind those doors?" Wyrd indicates the last doors in the room.


Fire Starters Loot

"That was my home, until Angry Abs kicked me out. He said I was wrecking the place, but I was just having some fun... He was very upset."

The vase turns into a tiny serpintine creature, like before, but with four dragonfly wings instead of legs. It spins around to glance behind it, to the western doors.

"And the doors behind me? You must never go there. Only incredible darkness and unspeakable evil await those that enter there!"

The creatures spins back around to look at you quizzically. "And what banging?"

The periodic banging to the north continues.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra'sn eyes widen. "That banging sound! It's coming from right there!" She points her finger toward the direction of the noise.


Fire Starters Loot

"Oh that banging. I dunno. Never been in there." Azeltrianx somehow shrugs with its wings.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"So you won't mind if we go check out what is causing it before we go talk to Angry Abs? The noise is a bit distracting to us." Wyrd asks as he takes a deliberate step towards the door.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir is both fascinated and uneasy with the Azeltrianx. He does not care to speak to it, but constantly is checking his readings on his microlab recording the moments of change between the shapes.

"Noise? what noise? Ahh that noise, yeah let us check it out as that being can be destroying things as we speak."

Says Vedrir constantly holding his rifle lowered to not cause any threat.


Fire Starters Loot

Azeltrianx suddenly turns into a tiny rainbow.

The rainbow exclaims, "No, no, no! You're supposed to go to Angry Abs! That's away from Angry Abs! I don't want to live over there!"

The banging continues.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle regards Azeltrianx with curiosity, perplexed by the rifti's antics.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"What can you tell us about Angry Abs? What was it that you did to make him mad?"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir adds a bit quieter:

"Maybe Angry Abs wanted to check on the banging and you didn't let him? I can see how it could have irritated him."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"We justgonna take a tiny peek into banging room, then we'll go talkta Mad Middle, ok?"


Exocortex AI

You know the name was Angry Abs. Why are you antagonizing the creature?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit smiles his best innocent smile (it's not very good).

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd glances at the creature and tries to figure out if there's a special reason why it doesn't want us to go peek behind the door

Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

as he takes another step closer to the door obscuring his movement by a flourishing twirl which changes his outfit from everyday wear to a party outfit mid twirl, hoping to distract the creature.

I just liked the reconfigurable clothes when I read about them and since you can wear clothes over your armor this should actually work. If he can change into a vase and a circle..I get to chance as well


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -
PU-34LE "Puzzle" wrote:

Puzzle regards Azeltrianx with curiosity, perplexed by the rifti's antics.

Dice (Sense Motive) = 6

Expertise (Sense Motive): 1d6 ⇒ 3 +6 = 9


Fire Starters Loot

The sense motive skill allows you to do one of three things: Detect deception, discern a secret message, or determine if a creature is under a mental effect. Puzzle and Wyrd...

Puzzle

Spoiler:
You determine that the creature has woven in falsehoods into its tale, although which are true or not true you are unable to determine.

Wyrd

Spoiler:
You determine that the creature has woven several falsehoods into its conversation, though you're unable to pick up on every instance. The statement that the door to the west was filled with evil in particular seems like a lie.

"What did I do to make him mad? This."

GM roll

Spoiler:
1d8: 1d8 ⇒ 2

A green line of acid suddenly comes out of the rainbow at Puzzle!
EAC Attack vs flat footed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Acid damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Rolling initiative not because we have to begin acting in itiative order, but if anybody wants to respond by taking combat actions they will go off in the following order.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Verdir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Creature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Everyone but Verdir will have a chance to act before the creature responds only if you want to respond that way; the act didn't seem overly hositle at first glance, but that acid burns!.

Puzzle
Kit
Wyrd
Nomyra

Creature
Verdir


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

The rainbow's attack catches Puzzle by surprise. After several moments, the stunned android looks down, poking a finger through the small hole burned through the sleeve of their clothing.

"Why did you do that?" the android asks, bewildered. Puzzle then winces as the sting of the acid finally registers.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Almost jumping in to unleash the righteous Fury that the attack against his captain triggered Wyrd holds back as he notices Puzzle trying to talk it out and waits to see how the creature responds and if we get an answer to the question; why did it do that?


Fire Starters Loot

The rainbow turns into a tiny mirror.

"You asked what I did to Angry Abs when he was just Abs, so I showed you what I did. Then he yelled at me and told me to leave forever and he threatened me."

"Say, do you want to play a game?"

The banging to the north continues.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra balls up her fists in anger when the creature sends a spray of acid, but she doesn't attack with the captain not reacting. However, she does march directly over to the door where the banging is coming from.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"I think I can understand why," the android murmurs, letting the fabric of their sleeve fall back into place. Louder, Puzzle replies to the now-mirror, "Please don't do that again. It hurt."

"We should go and speak with Abs now," Puzzle begins, intending to take their leave of the rifti protean now they have an idea of what the creature considers 'fun'. Given their adopted monicker, the allure of a potential game proves too much, and the android's curiosity wins out. Halting mid-stride, they ask cautiously, "What sort of game?"


Fire Starters Loot

What does Nomyra do upon reaching the door, if anything? The banging continues beyond it, but not directly on the opposite side of the door; instead, likely from the room beyond.

The mirror replies to Puzzle, "Oh! Let's play... tag!" It floats over to Puzzle entering Puzzle's square due to its tiny size, which would provoke if anybody's holding a melee weapon and wanted to take the op and hovers several inches above their head.

The mirror turns into an floating spiked metal ball, like the head of a medieval morningstar.

"Okay... say when you're ready..." The ball seemingly quivers with anticipation.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra stops short of the door when she sees what the creature is doing.

"Stop it! Your game could hurt somebody!"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

I was afraid that it would be some version of Roshambo game by Cartman from South Park ;) 'I kick you in the nuts. And then you will kick me' kind of a thing.

Vedrir enjoys interacting with this thing less and less.

"Let's go and check on any other room."

Says Vedrir and goes towards the doors where the banging takes place trying to open them.

If there is a lock Vedrir will try to open the doors

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd takes a careful step away from the now spiked metal bal and changes his clothes back to standard travel attire

"I for one, do not wish to play this game of yours"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle's gaze follows the path of the rainbow-come-spiked-ball as he it hovers ominously over their head. "I think it is extremely unlikely I will find enjoyment in your games. I will decline."

The android takes a careful step to the side, out from under the unpredictable creature. "We will investigate these other matters on your behalf, now," Puzzle announces, making their way to join their companions at the door.


Fire Starters Loot

As Vedrir walks over and touches the northern door open next to Nomyra, a few things happen in quick succession.

First, the door slides open to reveal a large chamber covered in ornate carpets. Where metal doors don't take up wall space, curtains of red material frame starships flying in formation through fiery skies. Low, plush divans surround hologram projectors and lavish brass tables holding hookahs and VR headsets. Damage from fire and impact mars one of two double doors on the north side of the room.

A small creature seemingly made of lava ceases slaming into the damaged door to turn and look to the south. It exclaims something in a language that sounds like spitting and cracking; like a dry log thrown onto a campfire. It begins to advance on Vedrir!

At practically the same time, the spiked ball shouts, "No! Angry Abs isn't that way! Stop it!" The creature turns into a black tiny floating icicle and seems like it might also have hostile intent!

Slides and maps updated

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Rifti Protean Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Fire Creature Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Before the party can react, the fiery creature moves across the carpeted floor until it's standing across from Nomyra.

Moments later, the rifti protean/icicle fires another acidic beam at Vedrir!

Spoiler:

1d8: 1d8 ⇒ 1

vs EAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The party is up!

Round 1
Fire creature
Rifti Protean
Wyrd
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Nomyra


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Eep!" Kit quickly ducks back around the corner and draws his rifle.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

As the signs of hostility become clearer, Puzzle quickly moves away from the rifti protean, seeking whatever cover is available behind the altar.

"Watch out for this one's craftiness," the android calls out in warning to his crew mates. "It may be able to shift form, but we can mitigate some of the advantage if we each attack from different directions."

Get 'Em on the protean: allies +1 to attack


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir looks through the open doors with interest, as he spots the fire creature he wants to scan it and learn more of it. The rest of the events break the scientific mood completely. Before Vedrir is able to react he gets hit in the back, feeling the acid burning through his armor and clothing.

He takes a protective step away from the fire creature and positions himself behind Nomyra turning around towards the protean.

He uses his microlab with his hand to quickly select a mixture of toxins to hinder its defensive abilities. His rifles a few small tanks release small portions of substances mixing them and injecting them into the dart. Using -2 to AC for 6 rounds. I can select the mixture as a part of the attack action.

He aims with his needler rifle and shoots at protean

Attack vs kac, @protean, get'em: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 3

A long bullet flies towards the shapechanging protean.

Action economy:
Move action: guarded step away from the fire thingy
Standard action: shoot Basic Inhibitor -2 to AC

"Tag"


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra almost seems to relax as battle commences. This, I understand.

first punch!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 = 6
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

second punch!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"I guess it's time to ...play after all"

Wyrd draws his knife as he concentrates on a place far, far away from here and opens up a connection between a place filled with loud roaring engines and a space right behind the shifting creature squeezing all that noise through a funnel to concentrate the impact.

Move to draw a survival knife, standard to cast Hazard targeting only our nemesis in a area attack

Sonic damage for shifty: 1d3 ⇒ 2 DC 12 reflex save to negate


Fire Starters Loot

The rifti protean lets out a shout of surprise as Vedrir's projectile hits the creature/icicle. It tries to resist Wyrd's follow up sonic attack.

Ref save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

And successfully dodges out of the way. Protean -3

The fiery creature dodges Nomyra's first attack but is caught by the second hit. Fire -7

The creature crackles and slams into Nomyra in response.

Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
B&F: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The rifti protean/icicle changes into a floating triangular slice of a pale yellow cheese wheel.

"Ouch! Stop that!" the cheese exclaims.

It fires another beam of acidic energy at Vedrir.

1d8: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Energy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Heroes up in round 2

Fiery creature
Rifti Protean
Wyrd
Vedrir
Kit
Puzzle
Nomyra


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir is his second time and he shots back with his dart, this time without any substance within.

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The protean still has -2 to AC.

Then he turns towards Nomyra and using his automatic tracking from his microlab he selects a Basic Booster to increase her armor. The gun is tracking her for the moment just to shoot the dart at her leg. Nomyra feels a thud but does not feel pain.


I am not sure if I can do this, but basically it is a full attack. 1 at protean the 2nd at Nomyra. The thing is that by shooting at Nomyra with my microlab I hit her and do no damage. Nomyra get +1 AC for 3 rounds.
Darts -3.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra shudders at the huge hit by the creature, but unwilling to back down from a fight, she swings her fists back to try again. She nods in thanks to Vedrir for the biochemical assistance, though she still doesn't really understand how it works.

first punch!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

second punch!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

101 to 150 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.