TOZ's Passing the Torch (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Game Map and Information.


751 to 800 of 1,503 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC32/T11(18) /F31/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18(25) |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( +2 keen div bond 1/3 used, smite for 2/6 used. Hands 6d6 6/15 used) { eaglesoul 10hrs— } Spectral Wolf {AC24 100/100 hp}

Re confirm? Smite Omrax +2 EO longsword confirm bond pa, smite, haste: 1d20 + 18 + 6 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 18 + 6 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 35
for pa,smite: 1d8 + 4 + 15 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 15 + 8 + 5 = 40

is this caching? Feel free to roll for him

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

Hmm... clearly I need hull cannons that shoot downward! =)
Wait, did Kasimir stop his inspire courage effect? That should be +3... included it in my attacks... if it indeed stopped, subtract 3 from everything (attacks/damages)

The crew yells a warning as the assassin moves under the hull, making his way around to Omrax's flank.

A cry of "Enemy has submerged!" goes up, and immediately men start tossing grappling hooks over the side, hauling them up quickly, before tossing them again... trying to snag the foe below them!

AoO, claw grapnels: 1d20 + 22 + 1 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 1 + 3 - 3 = 33, for 1d8 + 14 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 6 + 3 = 25 damage.

Though they manage to snag a bit of red cloth, and some blood to go with it, they don't manage to stop the assassin from reaching its target.

"Enemy breaching off the port rail!" Mr. Phips yells, as men start pointing in that direction. "Fire portside cannons. Bring her about. Full brace!"

Unfortunately, adjusting the cannons to shoot downward is trickier than expected, and despite the first mate's shouts, none of the cannons manage to get into a firing position.

But the men with the grapnels continue to cast them over, and with their foe easier to see, have a much easier time of it now!

Staggered, so just a single attack... if the assassin fell over for some reason, then they will happily snag the soul eater instead.

claw grapnels: 1d20 + 22 + 1 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 1 + 3 - 3 = 41, for 1d8 + 14 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 6 + 3 = 27 damage.

Hamish, for his part, seems content to direct his men from a safe distance, waving his flaming cutlass around like he actually knows how to use it... which you're beginning to suspect he does not.

yes, he is non-proficient in his primary weapon


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Saviya's eyes grow red, as Omrax's blade is pulled awry by an outside force.

The Gull batters the assassin, unable to pin him down, and the follow up rocks him, but he remains standing.

3d100 ⇒ (81, 70, 32) = 183 Meh, what good is Blur anyway?

Round 4 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn (Staggered)
14 Saviya
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
11 Purple (Damage: 40)
9 Yellow (Damage: 85)
7 Omrax*

The Gull has an AoO, then the bolded party members are up. Edit: There we go.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Inspire courage is still going on. I’ll let you know when I turn it off.


Hawk Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+6,K(Nature,Geography,Nobility,History,Engineering) +17,K-Local +25, K-Dungeoneering +19,K-Religion +18/20 Undead, K-Arcana +27, K-Planes +27
| HP 40/40 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16| CMB +12 CMD 20| SR 20 F +9 R +8 W +11| PER +14 Low Light Vision SM+2| Speed 10' Fly 60' +11 Stealth +15|
Active Conditions:
Skilled-Arcana, Planes, Local

Whisper looks out his protective cage just long enough to identify the repelling spell in play and communicate to his master before diving deep into the safety of his sachel.

Arcana spell in place: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

That should be enough. Proper DC should be 27.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

It does appear to be Repulsion.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 15| Buffs - HP 161/161|AC 26 T 18 FF 23 |CMB +14 CMD 31|F +18 R +16 W +23|INIT +10|PER +30/+33 Bright Light|SM+7|Improved Evasion|
Daily Resources:
Shape 6/6,Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 15/15,Rune 1/1,4-Leaf 3/3,Pearl 3/3,Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 6/6 6th 5/5 7th 4/4 8th 2/2

Rokgurn glides out of the reach of the Assassin (5' Fly). He then prepares to counter the magic of this vile priestess with the power of nature.

Place Magic +1 CL for 1 Round, Greater Dispel Magic will be used to counter Saviya's spell at +4 CL. Total bonus is +18.

I do not think that she has a swift action this round as it seemed that she used an immediate to counter Omrax's attack. But we will see.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC32/T11(18) /F31/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18(25) |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( +2 keen div bond 1/3 used, smite for 2/6 used. Hands 6d6 6/15 used) { eaglesoul 10hrs— } Spectral Wolf {AC24 100/100 hp}

Ok, so I had the right damage if inspire was active. Oh well. All's good. :)


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Yuri swings out at the mantis assassin, crushing his chest and causing him to dissolve into red mist.

Round 4 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn (Readied)
14 Saviya
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
11 Purple (Damage: 40)
7 Omrax*

One mook remaining.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Bombsell clicks her heals to hasten her upward airwalk, then she lobs in a frost bomb at the remaining beastie.

Touch att: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 22 for Cold dmg: 6d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2, 6, 6, 5, 2) + 10 + 1 = 37
Main target: DC 26 FORT or Staggered 1 round
Lob shot ignores cover penalty, but adds range increment. Includes Heroism, Haste, Cognatogen, PBS and range penalty


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Rokgurn, your readied action is triggering and you do not recognize the casting. Do you dispel?

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

Random unknown level 6+ spell? do it! =)

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 15| Buffs - HP 161/161|AC 26 T 18 FF 23 |CMB +14 CMD 31|F +18 R +16 W +23|INIT +10|PER +30/+33 Bright Light|SM+7|Improved Evasion|
Daily Resources:
Shape 6/6,Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 15/15,Rune 1/1,4-Leaf 3/3,Pearl 3/3,Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 6/6 6th 5/5 7th 4/4 8th 2/2

Rokgurn would begin to sweat if his form would allow it. He tries to calm his nerves and attempts to dispel the incoming magic.

Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

He calls upon his last reserves in a desperate attempt to prevent this magical onslaught (Lodge Shirt Reroll).

Dispel Magic: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Bombshell, I need a Fort save.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Fort save: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 = 37


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The priestess gestures at Bombshell, crushing her hand into a fist. The alchemist resists the destructive force, suffering minor fractures through her body. Frowning, Saviya steps aside, the walls of the temple hiding her from sight.

Destruction Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 4, 2, 1) = 28

Round 4 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn
14 Saviya
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir

11 Purple (Damage: 40)
7 Omrax*

Yuri and Kasimir are up.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 15| Buffs - HP 161/161|AC 26 T 18 FF 23 |CMB +14 CMD 31|F +18 R +16 W +23|INIT +10|PER +30/+33 Bright Light|SM+7|Improved Evasion|
Daily Resources:
Shape 6/6,Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 15/15,Rune 1/1,4-Leaf 3/3,Pearl 3/3,Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 6/6 6th 5/5 7th 4/4 8th 2/2

Rokgurn sees her flee.

"Get her. Her guard is fake."

In case anyone else did not know.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 2 | HP 165/165 (raging 221/221) | AC 25 (raging 27) T 15 (13) FF 22 (24) | CMB +20 (23), CMD 33 (34) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +22 (26), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: Lucky # 6; | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri ignores the Soul Eater for the moment and swings his dorn-dergar at the corridor opening, seemingly right at empty space!

Free action: maintain rage (9/32)
Free action: click boots to give self haste (5/10)

Spell Sunder, inspire, +5 weapon enhancement bonus, haste: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (2) + 34 = 36 Started to post this and then realized that spell sunder is once/rage, so I'll have to rage cycle before I can use it again. Oops.

Yuri angrily devotes his attention to the Soul Eater, stepping back 5' and delivering an array of blows to the foul creature.

+5 Furious adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (16) + 25 = 41
B dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (7) + 30 = 37 +4 if it has spells or SLAs

+5 Furious adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39
B dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (5) + 30 = 35 +4 if it has spells or SLAs

+5 Furious adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32
B dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32 +4 if it has spells or SLAs

+5 Furious adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
B dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (5) + 30 = 35 +4 if it has spells or SLAs

CRIT CONFIRM? +5 Furious adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
EXTRA CRIT DMG B dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38 +4 if it has spells or SLAs

Free action: end rage
Out of rage, Yuri's AC actually goes down by 2, to 28 (+2 if within 10' of the Gull), and of course his saves and hp also change. If she targets him with a spell on her next turn he'll use an immediate action (and his headband of havoc) to enter rage.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Yuri smashes the soul eater over and over until it pops, then steps back for a breather.

Round 4 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn
14 Saviya
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
7 Omrax*

Rest of the party is up! I will resolve actions mostly in initiative order, although I don't expect there to be a lot of surprises or interruptions.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC32/T11(18) /F31/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18(25) |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( +2 keen div bond 1/3 used, smite for 2/6 used. Hands 6d6 6/15 used) { eaglesoul 10hrs— } Spectral Wolf {AC24 100/100 hp}

No longer able to see the priestess, Omrax casts blessings of fervor

”Oh Inheritor, shine down your blessings upon us against this wickedness. “

he takes +2

With longsword back in hand he will try to walk up 5’ as he advances and tests to push against the barrier if it still exists.

Will, blessing : 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 = 30

if he can push forward he uses his hasted long striding movement and calls smite on her...as he tries to move into melee


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Omrax overcomes the Repulsion with that save.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

Hrmm... well, no soul eater now either. Guess the Gull can't do much on its turn, was hoping you'd leave that one for me.

"Ware the shoals!" Hamish calls, as Omrax moves forward.

Now will have to mine the bag of unexpected tricks for something else to do.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 2 | HP 165/165 (raging 221/221) | AC 25 (raging 27) T 15 (13) FF 22 (24) | CMB +20 (23), CMD 33 (34) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +22 (26), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: Lucky # 6; | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Since Yuri is no longer raging (at least for the moment) he does not have to save against Blessing of Fervor.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 15| Buffs - HP 161/161|AC 26 T 18 FF 23 |CMB +14 CMD 31|F +18 R +16 W +23|INIT +10|PER +30/+33 Bright Light|SM+7|Improved Evasion|
Daily Resources:
Shape 6/6,Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 15/15,Rune 1/1,4-Leaf 3/3,Pearl 3/3,Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 6/6 6th 5/5 7th 4/4 8th 2/2

Rokgurn replies to the foppish mariner's comment with a grin.

"It is repulsion magic, not shoals."

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC32/T11(18) /F31/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18(25) |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( +2 keen div bond 1/3 used, smite for 2/6 used. Hands 6d6 6/15 used) { eaglesoul 10hrs— } Spectral Wolf {AC24 100/100 hp}

GM please verify if Omrax saves without the +2 from bof

”Stand down lest we be forced to destroy you.“


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

He does.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir waits patiently, ready to cast dimensional anchor if this cleric shows her face a second time.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The high priestess counters Omrax's demand with one of her own. "The gnome Eylysia has been contracted. Leave her to me, and I will consider forgiving your trespass on this sacred site, Pathfinder."

Round 5 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn

14 Saviya
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir (Readied)
7 Omrax*

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

“We do not want or need your forgiveness. If you want the gnome, come and get her.” shouts Kasimir, his evangelist training allowing his voice to carry quite a distance on the wind.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"Ah, you travel with an Asmodean. My condolences, they are unbearably arrogant." The priestess almost sounds sympathetic in her comment to Omrax.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

“It’s not arrogance if you’re actually superior.” replies Kasimir. “But well done, I’m sure your god will understand that killing a giant chicken is the best you can do.”


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"You see? Always chiming in when no one is speaking to them."

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC32/T11(18) /F31/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18(25) |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( +2 keen div bond 1/3 used, smite for 2/6 used. Hands 6d6 6/15 used) { eaglesoul 10hrs— } Spectral Wolf {AC24 100/100 hp}

” We can address virtues and vices of my associates after we have concluded our exchange with thee. I am concerned your window for repentance is rapidly closing. “

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

Clarification: The repulsion area is set on her, right? So if she moves, till should be moving too?
The area wasn't that big, so if we can move her 5' feet south, it leaves an opening

Hamish attempts to follow Omrax, out of the temple, flying straight down the hallway.

"Follow me men! Clearly we need a more steady eye to navigate these shoals!" He cries, as he starts out.

Hamish Will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

What he does will depend on if he manages to get through.

I can't d-door out, but could I pull the eidolon out, if I were outside the temple area, using my maker's call class ability?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

I think that will not work, as it is called out as working per the dimension door spell. Hamish does succeed at overcoming the repulsion however.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 15| Buffs - HP 161/161|AC 26 T 18 FF 23 |CMB +14 CMD 31|F +18 R +16 W +23|INIT +10|PER +30/+33 Bright Light|SM+7|Improved Evasion|
Daily Resources:
Shape 6/6,Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 15/15,Rune 1/1,4-Leaf 3/3,Pearl 3/3,Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 6/6 6th 5/5 7th 4/4 8th 2/2

Rokgurn ensures that Whisper is well packed inside his familiar satchel before attempting to fly through the repulsion field. He hugs the wall benefiting from the Gull's presence.

Will vs Repulsion, bonus from Eidolon: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Based on past rolls that should be a success.

He then flies out the door. He glances briefly at the Cleric and the Paladin bickering before ascending to take cover and be out of sight of the Cleric's spells.

Now hovering just above the roof and out of sight of the Cleric's direct view he targets a Sirocco near the Cleric's location but avoiding the Paladin if possible.

Fire Damage,+1CL, Fort Save DC 23: 4d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 1) + 14 = 26

I am going to leave the targeting of the spell up to you as I do not know what my character can see from that location. Staying out of direct sight of the Cleric is paramount to my character so if he needs to land or be prone on the roof he will be. If Sirocco is not possible then my character will begin summoning with a 6th level slot.

If he needs to double move (and not cast) to be outside of her line of sight he will. It is probably not necessary but I am just saying. The last spell she cast was really nasty. ;)

I just realized that Sirocco is a cylinder spell so the point of origin will be above the roof top and shoot down. I can have line of effect to this point with out being able to see the Cleric directly. Assuming that you agree then just use the red dot on the map as the origin point of the spell.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

Hmm... you didn't mention whether Hamish made it through the repulsion field... (the only # that made it so far was a 30) but Rokgurn reminded me I forgot the bonus from the Gull... so my 27 becomes a 31... which I assume is a success?

Anyway, assuming so, Hamish will attempt to dispel the Repulsion field, now that he can see the source of it (aka: cleric lady)

"Lady, if you wanted the pleasure o' me company, you might want to rethink yer approach." He says, with a heart grin, then concentrates, as he casts a spell.

CL check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

"Man the wheel, Mr. Phips!" He calls back, the way he came. "Lighten the ballast, we'll need a shorter draft ta navigate these shoals! Ware the leveche."

"You heard the cap'n!" Mr. Phips calls, "Full ahead, half sheets! Drop anything that ain't needed, or won't sell. And keep your ears shuttered! That siren still be on the rocks ahead!"

And with that, the ship starts forward once more, trying to get past the hallway, to the enemy out of sight outside the temple.

If the Repulsion got dispelled:
The Seaward Gull stops before entering the gale force, heated, winds of Rokgurn's spell, sails billowing first one way, even that close.

"We sail on the edge of the Eye itself, lads! Hold your lines!" Mr. Phips yells, as the Gull continues on, skirting the edge of the storm to unload the port-side cannons on the Red Mantis priestess.

Single move, stopping before entering the sirocco, (Gull currently has 70' movement), then single attack.
claw port cannons, haste, PA, inspire: 1d20 + 22 + 1 - 3 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 22 + 1 - 3 + 3 = 40, for 1d8 + 14 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 6 + 3 = 29 damage.
If he can't flank, due to wind or circumstance, then subtract 2 from the attack roll, will use reach (and/or lunge) if it needs to.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

No description of the top of the temple, so that looks valid to me.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Fly Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The powerful downdraft forces Saviya to land, blistering heat sapping her fortitude! The Gull strikes hard, but her form shatters into sand, the assassin against the wall morphing to appear as her, unharmed by the eidolons blow.

Round 5 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn
14 Saviya (Damage: 26, Fatigued)
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir (Readied)
7 Omrax*

Grand Lodge

Botting protocols active.

With Hamish lowering the barrier around their foe, Bombshell clicks her boots and moves to engage again, seeking to stymie the cleric from further action!

Touch att: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21 for Cold dmg: 6d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 1, 2, 6) + 10 + 1 = 29
Main target: DC 26 FORT or Staggered 1 round


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Fort Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Saviya resists the debilitating effects of Bombshells icy blast, shaking off the cold as her armor crusts with frost.

Fly Check: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24

Moving out of the heated air, Saviya wings past Omrax and Bombshell into the temple, cutting a sharp turn past Yuri.

Round 5 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn
14 Saviya (Damage: 55, Fatigued)
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir (Readied)
7 Omrax*

GM loading, please wait.

Edit: Provoking AoOs from Omrax, the Gull, and Yuri. We will see if actions change based on those results.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

"Enemy sail, breaking free!" One of the tiny sailors yells, pointing towards the priestess as she makes for the temple.

"Deploy the harpoons!" Hamish calls in response. "Haul 'er in! Ready the chase cannons!"

The men on the foredeck quickly swing the forward ballistae around, and a brace of small missiles is fired at the fleeing foe!

bite harpoon AoO: 1d20 + 22 + 1 - 3 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 1 - 3 + 3 = 37, for 1d8 + 14 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 6 + 3 = 24 damage plus pull winch vs CMD: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 24 + 1 = 44

Men immediately start working the winches, hauling in the narrow cables attached to each harpoon, trying to pull the enemy back towards the ship.

If the pull works, it won't do much, just haul her back 5'... which means she'd have made it 5' less on her path. =) But it looks cool, and will probably have her worried for at least the first 5' before she breaks free. =)
Though, technically, she'd end up provoking again if she kept moving the same direction, but it's all the same move action, so I think that doesn't count.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The harpoons deal heavy damage, but slide off of the target without purchase to wind her in.

Movement only provokes once, but it is the most common misconception in the rules that I know.

Edit: Hmm, Freedom of Movement’s loose wording strikes again. I don’t think it will change much either way but I will review it once all AoOs are in.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 13

Ya, not sure if Freedom of Movement covers pull... but it seems fair to rule it that way.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 15| Buffs - HP 161/161|AC 26 T 18 FF 23 |CMB +14 CMD 31|F +18 R +16 W +23|INIT +10|PER +30/+33 Bright Light|SM+7|Improved Evasion|
Daily Resources:
Shape 6/6,Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 15/15,Rune 1/1,4-Leaf 3/3,Pearl 3/3,Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 6/6 6th 5/5 7th 4/4 8th 2/2

I agree that pull should not work vs Freedom of Movement as grapple is disallowed.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

As soon as he has a clear shot at the enemy cleric, Kasimir points his finger and a ray of green light reaches toward her.

Touch attack 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 3 = 27

He smiles as he casts his spell, pleased to have locked the cleric into relative place.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Kasimir strikes true, lining the enemy priestess in a green aura.

Round 5 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn
14 Kasimir
14 Saviya (Damage: 79, Fatigued, Dimensional Anchored)
13 Yuri
7 Omrax*

Omrax, Yuri, and Bombshell have AoOs available.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 2 | HP 165/165 (raging 221/221) | AC 25 (raging 27) T 15 (13) FF 22 (24) | CMB +20 (23), CMD 33 (34) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +22 (26), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +17 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: Lucky # 6; | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Any reason I can't activate Dazing Assault on the AoO? I can't see any rules reason why I can't but defer to the GM's ruling.

AoO, +3 furious adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, Dazing Assault, inspire, haste, NO RAGE: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Whelp, probably doesn't matter either way with that roll, but if Dazing Assault was not allowed then add +5 to the attack roll, for a total of 25. I assume it misses either way. I don't suppose she is a "known slaver" (or other who holds people in thrall) - that would add another +1


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Yuri misses his step, the dorn dergar sailing high over Saviya as she darts past.

Round 5 Initiative wrote:


19 Bombshell (Damage: 28)
18 Eylysia
14 Hamish
14 Rokgurn
14 Kasimir
14 Saviya (Damage: 79, Fatigued, Dimensional Anchored)
13 Yuri
7 Omrax*

Either way, it unfortunately misses.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Bombshell unleashes an opportunistic attack of DOOOOOOM...as in doomed to do very little.
to hit: 1d20 + 9 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 27
that's BAB, STR mod, heroism, haste, size, & masterwork for those tracking at home. He did actually hit the only other time he ever used his cestus...didn't penetrate DR, but he hit.
Dmg=1 nonlethal, i.e. d3-3


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Saviya manages to get her shield up to block Bombshell’s mighty fist as she goes by.

I will bot Omrax’s attack if need be when I get home later.

751 to 800 of 1,503 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Passing the Torch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.