[PFS] TOZ's Passing the Torch

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Game Map and Information.


651 to 700 of 949 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Yes indeed, while many are helpful, I have had high-ranking Pathfinders attempt to kill me before. Perhaps we have more in common than you think. I am Kasimir, and as a servant of Asmodeus, I have a scroll that will produce a Zone of Truth. I am willing to speak from with its confines if you like...

Kasimir remains still, making no sudden movements. Negotiation was an improvement over having invisible creatures eating the party.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC34/T13(15) /F32/CMD28| Hp 112/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) {barkskin, life bubble }

While the others banter with the gnome woman, Omrax does not like the appearance of her den and silently scans for evil auras (60'arc ahead/east), expecting a trap or ambush.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End
Hamish Carmody O'Toole wrote:

"Torch hasn't had a second side in a long time. There's just the one." Hamish growls. "The only justice that blaggard deserves is hangin' from a long arm."

He looks down at the gnome, and grins slightly. "You, on the other hand, haven't killed nearly so many innocent Pathfinders, as far as we're aware. So I'm sure we'll be quick mates! Eylysia, I reckon?"

"You have me at a disadvantage, captain. Whatever grievance you have, I would call necessary." Lacking even a hint of mirth to reflect back, she turns back to Rokgurn. "A great evil hides behind the mask of one of the Ten. It has done so for centuries." She raises a brow at the Asmodean's offer. "I find such measures entirely unreliable, so please don't trouble yourself."

The Gull notices little else in the room, while Omrax's divination registers faint evil permeating the entire structure.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Just catching up now. Yuri would have used 4 minutes for healing back at the site of the mantis fight (4 charges of infernal healing and a single charge of CLW). Sounds like that was in the range of everyone else though.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri also strolls down (using airwalk) to join the gnome and the others. "Great evil, ya say? Well now, that's quite a charge, but we've got time, and I'm always fond of a good story." He pops the top off a flask of beer and offers it to Eylysia. If she takes it, he pops another for himself. "So, what kinda story is this? Hope it's got a happy ending! Those 'r me favorite!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn floats closer to Omrax.

"Yes. Please. Some more details would be helpful."

He looks around and concentrates.

Rokgurn slowly turns in a circle and scans the area with his Spirit Sense ability.

Detects undead,fey,outsiders,astral,ethereal or incorporeal creatures as the Detect Undead spell.

Guarding the entrance is one of the Giant Eagle. The other three remain outside the entrance to warn the party of any interference.

I do not like being jumped.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir shrugs, and floats down next to Yuri. While he doubted he would be able to keep up with the dwarf drink for drink, it couldn’t hurt to have a taste, right?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Kasimir feels certain that Yuri believes that the beer has been blessed by Cayden himself!

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12 ( HP 87/87 | AC 14 (T12, FF12) | CMD 22 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14 | Init +4 | Perception +1 | Speed 30 | 1st - 7/7, 2nd - 7/7, 3rd - 6/6, 4th - 5/5 | SM VI - 10/10 | Buffs: )
Seaward Gull:
( HP 67/67 | AC 32 (T14, FF28) | CMD 33 | Fort +9, Ref +10 (evasion), Will +5 | Init +4 | Perception +20 | Speed 40 | Buffs: )

"Can't say much for the ambiance." Hamish says, glancing around. "These mantis folks are sure full a themselves. How in Besmara's name did you get past those big bastards outside?"

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

”You all know knowledge is power, else why are you Pathfinders? I learned the ghost mantis’ habits, identified patterns in their activity, and so come and go when they are elsewhere.” Rubbing ruefully at her hip, she adds ”Not to say it is easy or safe of course. I rarely leave the temple now, save for important messages.”

Nodding to Yuri, she continues. ”Torch hopes to wring a happy ending for this tale, but it has not yet been written. Through our correspondence and his information gathering, we have learned that the Decemvirate member who wears the triple-spired mask is in truth an agent of the Whispering Way. He has hidden behind the helm for centuries, overseeing fake transitions to maintain power without suspicion. Now that the Whispering Tyrant is free, he is moving to enact some great plot in service to his master.”

Rokgurn senses no unseen spirits, alive or undead, within the temple.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir listens, and then asks ”And what do you intend to do about it? Surely you are no friends of the whispering Tyrant?”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn is inclined to believe her as the orders at the Grand Lodge seemed excessively harsh and perhaps a bit out of place given the society's credo.

"I am tempted to believe you but do you have any credible evidence that you can show us to support your claim? And where is Torch? For good or ill he has a role to play in this and we should all talk to him."

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12 ( HP 87/87 | AC 14 (T12, FF12) | CMD 22 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14 | Init +4 | Perception +1 | Speed 30 | 1st - 7/7, 2nd - 7/7, 3rd - 6/6, 4th - 5/5 | SM VI - 10/10 | Buffs: )
Seaward Gull:
( HP 67/67 | AC 32 (T14, FF28) | CMD 33 | Fort +9, Ref +10 (evasion), Will +5 | Init +4 | Perception +20 | Speed 40 | Buffs: )

"Torch ain't interested in happy endings." Hamish growls. "That blaggard seeks only revenge, for some long ago slight that he was just as responsible for as anyone else. And has done far worse in his drive to get there."

It is quite clear the captain does not like the man at all.

"So where's that coward holed up." He adds. "Me and the boys would be happy to ask him in person."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn shakes his head and knows full well that there is no way to stop the Captain once he gets going.

"Please just show us what you know and I promise we will be fair to you and to Torch if he deserves it. I am certain that our Paladin of Iomedae will ensure justice and fair play."

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

”Oh, -he’s- a trustworthy champion of law?” Kasimir rolls his eyes at the clear religious bias.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC34/T13(15) /F32/CMD28| Hp 112/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) {barkskin, life bubble }

Omrax will continue to scan for evil auras and ignores the banter and questions about his trustworthiness.


• I will guard the honor of my fellows, both in thought
and deed, and I will have faith in them.

• When in doubt, I may force my enemies to surrender,
but I am responsible for their lives.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn holds up a whispy hand to Kasimir.

"Peace. Kasimir. You can both be champions of the law. It is not a contest."

He grins and turns to the Gnome.

"You were a society agent once. It is often like herding cats. Still we will get to the bottom of matters here."

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+4 T, 21+11 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18, R:+17, W:+14, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 26/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield of Faith CL12, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

"Indeed, my dear, those are serious accusations. You'll forgive our skepticism, especially since it involves Torch, but we would certainly welcome any proof you might have. Perhaps we can come to an understanding, or even a mutually beneficial arrangement?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 24 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 24 + 2 + 2 = 36

Uses Boro bead to get back illusion of calm before entering...

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

GM Dice:

A: 5d20 ⇒ (11, 2, 18, 5, 5) = 41
E: 4d20 ⇒ (12, 11, 19, 5) = 47

Lost the damn post, will rewrite it when I have a chance.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

For the first time, Eylysia chuckles in response. ”I do recall Pathfinders and their contentious allegiances. Unfortunately, I have only my research and my word that it is true to offer you.” She smile hardens as she continues. ”I hold no loyalty to any undead monster, let alone that lich. But my adventuring days are long past. I doubt I have many day left in my future. So I did the only thing I could do, warn the one person I trust to stop this-“

The story is cut short by the startled beating of wings and screeching cries of the eagles by the entrance!

Initiative:
Omrax Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Hamish & Seaward Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Yuri Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 -1 if enlarged
Crazy Hairy Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19+4 if Heightened Awareness
Rokgurn & Whisper Init: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23Heightened Awareness
Kasimir Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Orange: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Purple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

RetConned:
Claw on Omrax: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Fort save please!

Appearing behind Omrax is a smoky figure, elongated pallid arms extending to slash at the Iomedean’s back with nasty claws. As it rends flesh it continues past, flying to the corner of the room before turning in preparation for another pass.

Bombshell notices an invisible creature flying through the entry and maneuvering around Omrax and Rokgurn. On top of the shrieking eagles, Rokgurn senses a presence nearby!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


28 Orange
27 Rokgurn
19 Bombshell
14 Hamish
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
10 Eylysia
7 Omrax

Taking it slow for the first round to avoid any foul ups like last time. Rokgurn is up, Knowledge Planes to ID. Edit: Minor error in tactics, Rokgurn cannot see it just yet and no attack has happened. Slides are being uncooperative, will correct them when I get the chance tonight.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn cannot see his opponent making it difficult to be effective.

"Something is here I know it but I do not know where. I will be back when it reveals itself."

Standard action - Activate Ethereal Jaunt (SU) with Whisper in backpack. This will not provoke.

Edit - His proper initiative should be 21. We are indoors now.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Rokgurn is surprised to find his attempt to turn ethereal fails!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


28 Orange
25 Rokgurn
19 Bombshell
14 Hamish
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
10 Eylysia
7 Omrax

Bombshell is up, Rokgurn can take his move action in light of his standard failing.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12 ( HP 87/87 | AC 14 (T12, FF12) | CMD 22 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14 | Init +4 | Perception +1 | Speed 30 | 1st - 7/7, 2nd - 7/7, 3rd - 6/6, 4th - 5/5 | SM VI - 10/10 | Buffs: )
Seaward Gull:
( HP 67/67 | AC 32 (T14, FF28) | CMD 33 | Fort +9, Ref +10 (evasion), Will +5 | Init +4 | Perception +20 | Speed 40 | Buffs: )

Hamish looks up at the commotion, frowning. "These be busy waters, for sure."

I'll assume, because its just Bombshell, that there's some bad guy(s) between me and he/she. =)

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

And after the last experience with interrupted actions...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn is shocked that he cannot Jaunt. This is not his day with that ability to be sure!

He will try the near impossible task of pinpointing where the creature might be as moving with unknown opponents is too dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (20) + 28 = 48

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+4 T, 21+11 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18, R:+17, W:+14, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 26/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield of Faith CL12, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Kn-Planes: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 27
What does she see and where does she see it? Is it the elemental thing by Omrax, or is that a party member?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Bombshell recognizes a soul eater next to Omrax, an evil outsider native to Abbadon. Two questions.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+4 T, 21+11 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18, R:+17, W:+14, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 26/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield of Faith CL12, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Elemental resistances and special defenses

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

No resistances, immunity to crits.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+4 T, 21+11 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18, R:+17, W:+14, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 26/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield of Faith CL12, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

"Really getting sick of things trying to sneak up on us. And, they're interrupting my conversation with this lovely gnome."

Bombshell will click her heels then go nova, starting with a frost bomb on the far critter, then taking a 5' step and chucking first a frost bomb on near critter, then fire fire & fire bombs on near critter, switching targets if the near one succumbs.
Any fire bombs that switch to far target are 2 less to hit, and damage is one less.
She has splash weapon mastery, for re-directing misses.
Haste from boots, two weapon fighting and rapid shot
With bird 5' up, shouldn't be any cover (and of course, has precise shot and precise bombs).

Touch att: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 = 23
. for Cold dmg: 6d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 1, 6, 5) + 10 = 35
16 splash cold dmg, DC 26 REF for half
Main target: DC 26 FORT or Staggered 1 round

Touch att: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 19
. for Cold dmg: 6d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 5, 1, 2) + 10 + 1 = 33
17 splash cold dmg, DC 26 REF for half
Main target: DC 26 FORT or Staggered 1 round

Touch att: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 29
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 2, 5, 3, 5) + 10 + 1 = 40
18 splash fire dmg, DC 26 REF for half

Touch att: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 33
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 6, 2, 2, 6) + 10 + 1 = 37
18 splash fire dmg, DC 26 REF for half

Iterative att: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 20
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 3, 2, 3, 2) + 10 + 1 = 31
17 splash fire dmg, DC 26 REF for half

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

After Bombshell's third throw, the outsider disappears from existence. Looking around, she sees two figures in red armor and mantis masks moving into the temple, also under the veil of invisibility! Flying on crimson mantis wings, one gets hung up moving past the eagle, but quickly maneuvers about to approach the alchemist. Seeing themselves discovered, the first zips past Bombshell into the flank, allowing the second to strike out with one of their twin sawtooth sabres. The blade shreds flesh, continuing to bleed noticeably! Also noticeably, the first assassin becomes visible as he floats over the edge, fully revealed by Kasimir's purge.

3d20 + 1d2 ⇒ (2, 12, 20) + (1) = 35
Sawtooth Sabre on Bombshell: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 2 = 33
Damage on Bombshell: 1d8 + 5 + 5d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5, 6, 4, 6, 3) = 31

As Bombshell's blood strikes the floor, geysers of blood burst forth along the walls, filling the rusty channels in the floor in seconds. The stone mantis carvings of the pillars writhe, reaching claws out from their perches towards the party!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


25 Rokgurn
19 Bombshell (Damage: 21, Bleed 5)
19 Green
18 Blue
14 Hamish
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir

10 Eylysia
7 Omrax

Party on the lower level is up, hopefully nothing tricky will interrupt actions.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

First, Kasimir instinctively created a shadow duplicate at the first, ok, admittedly second sign of danger. Then he steps closer to the gnome, and calls upon his patron. On the one hand, an enemy temple was not the most effective place for this sort of thing, but on the other, striking an enemy down in his own sanctuary was something these heretics would not soon forget.

”Alecto, Megaera, Tisiphone, in the name of the Dark Lord Asmodeus, I call thee forth! From the iron city of Dis, I call thee! Come forth and wreak your vengeance!”

Kasimir concentrated (casting defensively, using the bracers for a second time).

Concentration rolls (use best one) 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 261d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Number of summoned creatures 1d3 ⇒ 3

Kasimir shouted again ”Strike down these followers of a false god! and inspired courage in his allies, including the ones just summoned.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12 ( HP 87/87 | AC 14 (T12, FF12) | CMD 22 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14 | Init +4 | Perception +1 | Speed 30 | 1st - 7/7, 2nd - 7/7, 3rd - 6/6, 4th - 5/5 | SM VI - 10/10 | Buffs: )
Seaward Gull:
( HP 67/67 | AC 32 (T14, FF28) | CMD 33 | Fort +9, Ref +10 (evasion), Will +5 | Init +4 | Perception +20 | Speed 40 | Buffs: )

"Enemy airships, aft!" One of the crew yells, pointing back towards the entrance.

"Stand fast men!" Hamish responds, imperiously. "They seek to blockade us in, battle stations! Let us show them the folly of taking up arms against the Seaward Gull!"

There is a cheer from the crew, and both it and Hamish start to rise up into the air. Of course, the Gull is only air walking, so sails a few yards to the east, then suddenly a small anchor drops from the bow, and with a groan of protest, the entire ship suddenly yaws to starboard, turning almost a hundred and eighty degrees in a moment. The anchor is cut loose, and the ship continues back the way it came, gaining altitude the entire time.

Gaining altitude with air walk is annoying =) And alas, no charge possible!

"Fire harpoons!" Mr. Phips yells from the aft deck, and instantly a barrage of small spears is launching up and away... striking towards the Mantis assassin floating just over the ledge.

Another crew of men immediately start to wind the winches, intent on hauling their prey down towards the ship.

bite harpoons: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 3 - 3 = 40, for 1d8 + 14 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 6 + 3 = 31 damage.
If it hits: pull winches: 1d20 + 24 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 24 + 3 = 47

If pull successful, the assassin will be 5' to the northeast, and 5' further down.

As the Gull is doing that, Hamish flies straight up, looking towards the entrance.

"If they wish to swarm us, they will have to wait their turn!" He shouts, then says a quick arcane spell.

Suddenly, a stone wall fills the opening to the west, merging with the stone on either side, completely blocking the entrance.

casting Wall of Stone. It will be 3 inches thick, and he will just summon enough to block the entrance... 10' x 10'? (he's got twelve 5' squares to work with)

"Take a number!" He yells... though whether they can hear him anymore is unknown.

So each 5' section of the wall will have 8 hardness, and 45 hp's, as per the spell description
Probably won't hold them long, but should be long enough to deal with the two already here and whatever the temple is doing... as well, as likely reduce their access to a 5' opening, rather then a 10' one.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12 ( HP 87/87 | AC 14 (T12, FF12) | CMD 22 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14 | Init +4 | Perception +1 | Speed 30 | 1st - 7/7, 2nd - 7/7, 3rd - 6/6, 4th - 5/5 | SM VI - 10/10 | Buffs: )
Seaward Gull:
( HP 67/67 | AC 32 (T14, FF28) | CMD 33 | Fort +9, Ref +10 (evasion), Will +5 | Init +4 | Perception +20 | Speed 40 | Buffs: )

Put a thick brown line where the wall is, on the map.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

The Giant Eagles struggle bravely against the forces of evil.

Will Eagle 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Will Eagle 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Will Eagle 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Will Eagle 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

With a shouted curse, the eagles cries are cut short, silence reigning beyond the temple walls.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

The Gull reels the assassin closer before the lines retract, causing him to somersault backwards in the air to avoid plummeting.

2d20 ⇒ (18, 3) = 21

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


25 Rokgurn
19 Bombshell (Damage: 21, Bleed 5)
19 Green (Damage: 31)
18 Blue
14 Hamish
14 Red
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
11 Purple
10 Eylysia
9 Yellow
7 Omrax

Yuri is up, and Omrax is on deck.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri clicks his boots for a bit of extra speed and then flies into a rage, quickly air-climbing up to engage the one mantis he can see (If I've understood the thread correctly, only Green has been revealed by Invis Purge? If Yuri can see the one attacking Bombshell, and can reach with a single hasted move, he'll move to attack that one instead)

Free action: haste from boots of speed (4/10)
Free action: rage (6/32)
Move action to close with Green, unless he can see (and reach) Purple. Hasted, Yuri has 60' of movement, but he has to climb up using Air Walk, so I'm not quite sure where that gets him (and I'm also not quite sure where Green is after the Gull's pull maneuver). Note that because of his reach weapon, Yuri only needs to reach a spot within 10' of his target. GM, I'll leave Yuri's token where it started for now and either you can move it or I'll move it once it's clear what my options are, ok?
Standard action to single attack

+5 adamantine furious dorn-dergar, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24 +1 vs known slavers
Well, that probably does nothing!
dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that somehow hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

Although Yuri (probably) missed the assassin, that does not stop him from jeering at them: "Come and get me, ya silly Red pajamaheads!"

Up to 4 AoO, CAGM gives them +4 to hit and dmg, dorn-dergar at 10' reach:

+5 adamantine furious dorn-dergar, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

+5 adamantine furious dorn-dergar, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

+5 adamantine furious dorn-dergar, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

+5 adamantine furious dorn-dergar, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d10 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

Up to 4 AoO, CAGM gives them +4 to hit and dmg, boulder helmet at 5' reach:

+5 horacalcum furious boulder helmet, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d4 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

+5 horacalcum furious boulder helmet, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d4 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

+5 horacalcum furious boulder helmet, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d4 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

+5 horacalcum furious boulder helmet, inspire, PA, Dazing Assault, haste: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29 +1 vs known slavers
dmg: 1d4 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26 +4 if they possess spells or SLA; +1 if they are known slavers
If that hit, DC 23 Fort save or dazed for 1 round

Yuri's current AC is 30 (32 if within 10' of the Gull), and +4 higher vs critical confirmation rolls. Foes get +4 to hit and dmg against him.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Running up an invisible staircase, Yuri manages to reach out and touch the assassin still threatening Bombshell! Caught by surprise, the sawtooth sabres dip slightly as the flying foe touches the floor.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Edit: Miss Chance, Over 20: 1d100 ⇒ 97

The sound of metal on stone sounds out, muffled through the 3 inch wall now blocking the entrance.

Eylysia rises, speaking arcane words and gesturing to the assassin that remains aloft. The mantis mask jerks in her direction, but nothing obvious appears to have happened.

Dispel Check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


25 Rokgurn
19 Bombshell (Damage: 21, Bleed 5)
19 Green (Damage: 31)
18 Blue (Damage: 40, Dazed)
14 Hamish
14 Red
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
11 Purple
10 Eylysia
9 Yellow
7 Omrax

Omrax is up, Rokgurn and Bombshell are on deck.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC34/T13(15) /F32/CMD28| Hp 112/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) {barkskin, life bubble }

If Omrax didn't detect these guys with his detect evil, and all he can see currently is green...

Omrax gasps at the sight of Bombshell's blood departing her at high flow rate.

Fear not, I will stop the bleeding, but you must take care.

Step 5', full attack on dazed green.

Thy are cowards to strike from the dark!

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC34/T13(15) /F32/CMD28| Hp 112/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) {barkskin, life bubble }

If Omrax didn't detect these guys with his detect evil, and all he can see currently is green and blue...can he target invisible squares from their aura?

Omrax gasps at the sight of Bombshell's blood departing her at high flow rate.

Fear not, I will stop the bleeding, but you must take care.

Step 5', full attack on dazed blue.

Thy are cowards to strike from the dark!

Free-click haste boots

#1 Omrax +5 EO longsword: 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 3 + 1 = 27
for pa,,divb: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14

#H Omrax +5 EO longsword: 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 3 + 1 = 42
for pa,, divb: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 = 11

#2 Omrax +5 EO longsword: 1d20 + 13 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 3 + 1 = 32
for pa,, divb: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

#3 Omrax +5 EO longsword: 1d20 + 8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 3 + 1 = 13
for pa,, divb: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 3 = 17

Confirm #H +5 EO longsword: 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 3 + 1 = 32
for pa,, divb: 1d8 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End
Omrax the Bold wrote:
If Omrax didn't detect these guys with his detect evil, and all he can see currently is green and blue...can he target invisible squares from their aura?

*pssst* You know they are Red Mantis Assassins. :P Also, no one is invisible now. Damn Mass Invisibility clauses.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Omrax takes the battle to the assassin, slashing the figure multiple times, save for a minor misstep that sends his blade glancing off of the mask.

As Bombshell's blood continues to flow, it glows bright in the red light of the temple, running across the floor to join the rivers coursing through the temples channels.

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


25 Rokgurn
19 Bombshell (Damage: 26, Bleed 5)

19 Green (Damage: 86)
18 Blue (Damage: 40, Dazed)
14 Hamish
14 Red
13 Yuri
12 Kasimir
11 Purple
10 Eylysia
9 Yellow
7 Omrax

Rokgurn and Bombshell are up! Got a feeling those two aren't getting an action again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn draws his wand to cure Bombshell before she continues to bleed out even more all over the floor. He then glides right over bombshell's head and taunts the pathetic excuse for a ninja and flips him the bird.

"You really are laughable. I know children that are more of a threat then you pathetic 'assassins'."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bombshell/Crazy takes Bleed damage at the beginning of his turn, not the beginning of the round. His damage taken should now be 15 including the heal.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Rokgurn gets yet another surprise as the healing fails to affect the alchemist at all. A dry chuckle escapes the mask of the undazed assassin.

Bombshell:
You see massive red mantis eyes staring at you from the far wall of the temple, a ghostly image of an enormous insect emerging from the wall.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13
Active Conditions:
Air Elemental(M) ,Barkskin, Magic Vestment
HP 133/133 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 DR 5/- | CMB +12 CMD 29 | F +16 R +16 W +20| INIT + 12| PER +28/+31 Bright Light, DV 60' SM+7|Fly 60' +20|Immune to Crit, Sneak, Bleeding, Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 4/5, Place Magic 10/10, Hawkeye 10/10, Walk 7/7, Empty Body 13/13. Rune 1/1, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 |Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 6/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

"Laugh it up chuckles you are going to be paste in a moment and you know it. Your Mantis god is probably going to feed you to Mantes larvae in the afterlife."

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+4 T, 21+11 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18, R:+17, W:+14, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 26/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield of Faith CL12, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

GM:
is it a creature? An effect?
skill?: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14
Possible skill mods to add to above roll:
Spellcraft+23,
Kn (Local) +24,
Kn (Arcana) +23,
Kn (Dungeoneering & Nature) +12
Kn (History)+10
Kn (Religion, Planes, Engineering, Geography) +9

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Crazy:
You have no idea and it is terrifying. (Out of character, it is flavor text for the temples hazards. Each eye is even with the rows of pillars, to give you scale.)

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+4 T, 21+11 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18, R:+17, W:+14, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 26/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield of Faith CL12, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Bombshell takes a 5' step and uncorks a full round of attacks, one frost on the green assassin before unleashing fire on blue. He carefully watches to see if they seem to be resisting the damage, and he'll switch to force bombs if they are.

Illusion of Calm still up, so no provoking AoO with range attacks. If she misses, splash weapon mastery to shift miss by one square either direction to try and spare compatriots (i.e. increase or decrease d8 by 1 for location of miss).
If Blue drops, switch to green.

FROST Touch att GREEN: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 16
. for Cold dmg: 6d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 2, 1, 5) + 10 + 1 = 32
DC 26 FORT or Staggered 1 round
16 splash cold dmg, DC 26 REF for half, if something should go amiss.

Fire Touch att BLUE: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 22
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 3, 2, 3, 5) + 10 + 1 = 38

Fire Touch att BLUE: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 31
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5, 3) + 10 + 1 = 37

Fire Touch att BLUE: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 19
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 5) + 10 + 1 = 39

Fire Iterative Touch att BLUE: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 17
. for Fire dmg: 7d6 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 6) + 10 + 1 = 36
17 splash fire dmg, DC 26 REF for half, if something should go amiss.

651 to 700 of 949 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Passing the Torch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.