[PbP GD VIII] PFS Mod: Ruby Phoenix Tournament (levels 10-12) [GM Uktar]

Game Master Uktar

A tournament-style adventure for 11th-level characters, written by Tim Hitchcock


351 to 400 of 717 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Daathiel uses Soothing Performance on the party (though not with the dragon-sorceress in range).
Mass CSW: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 4, 8) + 12 = 25
Mass CSW: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (8, 6, 3) + 12 = 29

7 rounds left for the day. That's 54 healing to Flora (and Mal).

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

That is the correct assumption. Mal just got pissed off at seeing his ally knocked unconscious, I probably still shouldn't have dealt lethal damage, but with 20+ non-lethal on her, she's probably fine anyways

Mal thanks Daathiel for soothing his wounds and grabs the bracelet. What do we do with the dragon lady? I assume she'd wake up in a few hours regardless... I guess we should get this bracelet back to the Emissary. The emissary just said defeat the guardian and return the braclet. So, do we just leave her here? Bring her with us? Wake her up?

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

"Leave her, I think."


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

if you bound her up and included her in the heals:
She congrulates her on defeating her, and thanks you for the healing. She also sheepishly asks you to put in a good word for her with the Emissary. Be sure to mention she managed to defeat one of you before she succumbed.

The Emissary accepts the bracelet with a bow. "Well done. I look forward to see you for tomorrow's trials."
No reward for this one...only potential negative if you failed.

Marthysan is not in the suite when you return to your lodgings, but there's a note saying,
See you at Yon Loi's at 9pm.
--M.

let me know if you're topping yourself off with a wand charge, Flora (still down 4hp). Let me know if you want to do any other preparations before going to Yon Loi's
Helpful GM reminder cuz PbP brain cramps do happen: You agreed to meet Marthysan at Yon Loi's to have ample time to discuss sabotage, etc.

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Mal turns to Flora ," She really focused on you, let Torag help with those wounds. "
Fervor: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fervor: 1d6 ⇒ 1 You've got to be kidding me... I only have 2 left for the day, so probably better to save them just incase.

Mal does his nightly ritual of katas for a while, uses his pearls of power and then heads to the noodle house at 9pm.

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (97 nonlethal) | AC: 35 (19 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30.% | CMD: 23 | F: 18, R: 17, W: 9 | Init: 5 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 1/1 | Reroll 0/1

Torag must not be a big fan of Gozreh worshipers. I will remain down 2 for now.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

"Guys, I have to find that merchant again! I need more potions of fly."

Jeras goes to find the merchant and buys 5 potions.

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Shortly before entering the noodle house, Mal briefly plants a quarter staff in the ground after affixing a narrow cloth flag with a warhammer. After prominently displaying it he puts the flag back in a backpack.

+2 diplomacy, sense motive, and perception for Yon Loi's house of noodles!


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Jeras returns from his shopping run and you go to meet Marthysan.

Yon Loi’s Noodle House is even less festive than the previous night, perhaps because each day sees more contestants eliminated, or because of the uncharacteristically dismal weather. The noodle house is largely vacant when you arrive a little before 9 p.m., and there is no sign of Marthysan. One of the servers behind the bar sighs and calls out to you, "What'll you have? Obviously, as active contestants in the Tournament, it's on the house."

See Map
What do you want to do?

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Mal quietly says to his comrades, " Marthysan must be running late, lets sit and hopefully he'll be along quickly. "

Mal sits at the nearest table and replies to the server," Much appreciated, I'll take the stoutest ale you've got. We're waiting on a friend, so we'll give him a few minutes before ordering. "

Mal attempts to get the lay of the land. Not sure what type of check this was, it was diplomacy last time, so I'll roll that. If another check is more appropriate please feel free to substitute, although I have heroism up so +2 to whatever is on the sheet generally.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 = 35

After about 10 minutes Mal would ask the servers if they've seen Marthysan.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras sits opposite to Mal and orders water.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Daathiel would also ask around about Marthysan, but will hold off if Mal is doing so.

He will have a bowl of noodles while he waits.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

You spend a few minutes asking the small smattering of people in the Noodle House, but nobody has seen the reigning Ruby Phoenix Tournament Champion this evening. A few mention seeing him at the Grand Pavilion during the day's bouts.
the ale is passable, the noodles remain delicious, but you've barely begun to enjoy your repast when, just a few minutes after 9pm, a very loud and drunk local man bursts through the front door, bellowing out for something to eat. Your attention is naturally drawn to the door, only Mal noticing when one of the men at a nearby table uses the distraction to whip a dart at Jeras. A cry of warning barely escapes Mal's lips as the dart strikes Jeras in the neck, sinking deeply, the suddenness of the attack and it's efficacy leaving Jeras overwhelmed with a sickened feeling. Most of the room haven't even noticed anything is amiss, though the man sitting next to the attacker is so startled he falls over the bench flat on his back.

Surprise Round. Unless you have some kind of shenanigans, only Mal noticed the man and gets to act. Only one standard or Move action allowed this round. the token outlined with PINK is the attacker.

Current init order. SURPRISE ROUND, BOLD may act
Jeras 16 dmg, sickened
PINK
Mal
Flora: +70 NL dmg
Daathiel
Sickened: –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks

GM screen:

Daathiel: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Flora: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32
Jeras: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35
Mal: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41
Daathiel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Flora: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Jeras: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Mal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
6d20 ⇒ (18, 9, 18, 16, 2, 13) = 76
attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14
dmg: 1d4 + 3 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1, 5, 4) = 16

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Mal calls out," We're being ambushed! Anyone just here to eat, take cover."

Mal uses his boots of haste to rapidly move over to the attacker, activating his swordmaster's flair as he does so.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Not sure if they got a Sneak Attack there, but doesn't Jeras have Uncanny Dodge? Or did he trade it away for something?

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Yes Jeras has Uncanny Dodge


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Pardon the brain cramp, you're absolutely right. In fact, Jeras has improved uncanny dodge. Damage adjusted, and no sickened condition. Also, initiative order adjusted to reflect the rolls I actually made. I clearly shouldn't post before finishing my first cup of coffee...

Jeras uses his uncanny reflexes to hunch his shoulders and duck his head, blunting the efficacy of the would-be assassin's attack, while the eagle-eyed monk closely quickly with the enemy. Some of the patrons in the Noodle House begin to scream in panic.

Current init order. BOLD may act
Jeras 6 dmg,
PINK
Mal
Daathiel
Flora: +70 NL dmg

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras immediately comes to the attacker and stabs him once.

+3 dagger adamantine: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32
damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

The would-be assassin lashes out twice with his sansetsukon, but he clearly is a bit unnerved by the speed of response from the pathfinders, and both his blows go astray. He takes a 5' step away, putting his back to the wall, and using the prone townsfolk as a bit of cover. The prone man, panic in his eyes, covers his head with his arms as if that will shield him from the violence that's broken out almost literally in his lap. Pandemonium descends upon the Noodle House, as a few tables are overturned, some decorations come tumbling down from above and patrons scream as they scramble for the door. You see the two servers duck behind the bar.

att#1: 1d20 ⇒ 1att#2: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Jeras, I'm assuming you didn't want to provoke moving up, so I placed you 5' further south, i.e. placed you in the first square from where you threatened the assassin.

Current init order. BOLD may act
Jeras 6 dmg,
PINK 15 dmg,
Mal
Daathiel

Flora: +70 NL dmg

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Did he attack Mal or Jeras? Also, can you choose to FoB after making a single attack, or for a monk do you either commit to full attack or make a single attack? Asking because if I can make a single attack and decide, I'd rather try the stunning fist, and if successful, let Jeras deal with this full attackable stunned target. Then I could use a move to make an active perception to see if there is anything else going on.

Mal excutes a flurry against the one infront of him after calling on Torag to guide his blows. He first attempts to stun his attack with an open fisted strike to his his heart. He continues with a flurry of punches from his impossibly long arms.

FoB1 (crit 19-20),Heroism, Divine Favor, stunning fist DC20: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 42 Damage,divine favor: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17
FoB2 (crit 19-20),Heroism, Divine Favor: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 37 Damage,divine favor: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22
FoB3 (crit 19-20),Heroism, Divine Favor: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23 Damage,divine favor: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20
Haste (crit 19-20),Heroism, Divine Favor: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 30 Damage,divine favor: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Daathiel activates his Ring of Blinking and looks for any other assailants.

Active Perception Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

He attacked Jeras. Alas, Flurry is choosing to make the full-attack action, so can't dip your toe in. Either flurry or don't. Also, where's the Divine Favor bonus coming from? I'm seeing Heroism from your banner, reach from blue scarf, Haste from boots. Also, lethal or nonlethal?

The stunned look on the face of the attacker is quickly replaced by his slack-jawed unconsciousness, as Mal's final blow is enough to drop him. Daathiel begins to blur and blink into and out of the ethereal plane, as he peers about the noodle house, looking for enemies. Unfortunately, his suspicions are confirmed as an invisible enemy appears, smacking Flora solidly in the solar plexus with his 3-sectioned staff, leaving her sickened. That blow is quickly followed by another, as the assassin's partner appears on Flora's other side, delivering a vicious blow to her temple...luckily, she has a very hard head that appears to be made of ironwood, and the well-aimed blow is not quite enough to drop the tough little halfling.
Crit not confirmed...

Current init order. BOLD may act, but let’s give Flora first response, please.
Jeras 6 dmg,
Mal
Daathiel

Blue
Green
Flora: 49+70 NL dmg, SICKENED
Sickened: –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks
PINK 91/83? dmg, UNCONSCIOUS

gm screen:
fort: 1d20 ⇒ 10
hmm: 2d20 ⇒ (6, 13) = 19
att b: 1d20 ⇒ 14dmg: 1d10 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (3, 3, 5) = 22
att g: 1d20 ⇒ 19dmg: 1d10 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (2, 4, 6, 5) = 27
conf g: 1d20 ⇒ 5dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Edit just saw request to let Flora go first, sorry. Not going to delete so just spoiling post.

Spoiler:

That was another fervor divine favor (have to love those pearls of power 1), I said something about Torag but I should have put it in ooc text. Yes Mal is using non-lethal, and will continue to do so, and has his panache back. This is his 5th round of haste for the day out of 10 on boots, I can put it in the bar if that helps.

Mal rapidly runs around the tables and jumps in to aid his smaller friend who was just ambushed. He makes a single flying kick to the head of the ambusher, hoping to stun him. As it lands he stares down his dishonorable foe.

attack, heroism, divine favor, haste , stunning fist dc20: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 47 dmg, divine favor, precision: 1d8 + 12 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 5 = 27

Crit confirm attack, heroism, divine favor, haste , stunning fist dc20: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 30 dmg, divine favor: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21

intimidate, heroism : 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (97 nonlethal) | AC: 35 (19 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30.% | CMD: 23 | F: 18, R: 17, W: 9 | Init: 5 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 1/1 | Reroll 0/1

FYI, Flora has a 35% chance to negate a crit/sneak attack from elemental overflow due to having 7 burn. I figured I should probably let you roll that first in case the sickened condition is the result of a sneak attack that might get negated.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

after Flora:

Jeras comes closer to Blue and stabs.

+3 dagger adamantine: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 76
miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 27
Flora is sickened, but took 17 less damage. (Two sneak attacks, first applied sickened, second failed to connect.

Current init order. BOLD may act, but let’s give Flora first response, please.
Jeras 6 dmg, (pending post)
Mal (pending post)
Daathiel

Blue
Green
Flora: 32+70 NL dmg, SICKENED
Sickened: –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks
PINK 13+78 NL dmg, UNCONSCIOUS

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (97 nonlethal) | AC: 35 (19 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30.% | CMD: 23 | F: 18, R: 17, W: 9 | Init: 5 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 1/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora tries to create a little space for herself.

Pushing kinetic blade (wood).

Start with blue. If blue drops or is pushed, move to green.

Wood Knife: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 18 - 2 = 35 Damage: 5d6 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 2, 1) + 12 - 2 = 21 Push: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Wood Knife: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 = 27 Damage: 5d6 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 1, 4) + 12 - 2 = 27 Push: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36
Presuming he successfully identifies the assailants (most likely humans), Daathiel begins his Naturalist bardic performance and also casts Haste.

+3 Insight bonus to attacks and AC, and also the usual benefits of Haste (+1 to attacks, AC, and Reflex saves, double movement up to +30', and 1 extra attack in a full attack)


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Flora conjures a knife of wood and destruction, striking the blue enemy squarely in the chest, knocking him back five feet. While she also lands a blow solidly on the green assassin, he is not so easily moved. Mal and Jeras descend on the blue assassin and batter him, though he remains on his feet, and spits his defiance, resisting Mal's Kung-Fu Fist of Stunning.

In addition to recognizing these enemies as human thugs, Daathiel notices they have very distinctive tattoos that clearly mark them as members of the Golden League.

The blue assassin sighs and attempts to tumble away from Jeras and Mal. While he is able to escape from Jeras, Mal cuts him down with a brutal strike to the neck.
Mal, you can roll your own damage. I rolled your AoO attack because it effects actions
The green assassin takes a 5' step south of Flora and hurls an epithet in Tien. But his feeble strikes belie the fear in his soul...

FINISH HIM!
Current init order. BOLD may act.
Jeras 6 dmg,
Mal
Daathiel

Green 27 dmg
Flora: 32+70 NL dmg, still SICKENED
Sickened: –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks
Blue Unconscious
PINK UNCONSCIOUS

fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 11
acro: 1d20 ⇒ 16
mal aoO: 1d20 ⇒ 4
att: 1d20 ⇒ 5
att: 1d20 ⇒ 4

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

AoO damage: 1d8 + 12 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 5 = 25 Feel free to roll damage :)

After cutting down the would-be assassin Mal quickly moves around the table, then jumps over it. As he lands he brings down both of his fists on the remaining assassin's head, but with unsure footing from the landing his swing goes wild and misses.

Attack (crit 19-20),Heroism, divine favor, insight, Haste: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 31 Damage,divine favor,precision: 1d8 + 12 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 + 5 = 24

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (97 nonlethal) | AC: 35 (19 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30.% | CMD: 23 | F: 18, R: 17, W: 9 | Init: 5 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 1/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora conjures her knife again and stabs relentlessly.

Wood Knife: 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 18 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 36 Damage: 5d6 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 1, 2) + 12 - 2 = 22
Wood Knife: 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 21 Damage: 5d6 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 3, 6) + 12 - 2 = 27
Wood Knife: 1d20 + 13 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 27 Damage: 5d6 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 4, 2) + 12 - 2 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras comes closer to Green and stabs.

+3 dagger adamantine- bard-haste: 1d20 + 20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 3 + 1 = 35
damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

If Green is still up, Daathiel will cast Ear-Piercing Scream.
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 6, 5) = 16 Fort DC 17 for half and to avoid being dazed 1 round.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

You quickly overwhelm the remaining assassin, and bring him down. Once the noise of combat subsides, Yon Loi pokes his head out of the kitchen, then shoos out the remaining customers that were cowering upstairs, closing his establishment as you tend to your wounds and sort out what to do with the prisoners.
Within a few minutes Marthysan shows up, a bit out of breath. When he sees the disarray, he almost forgets to apologize for being late. He missed his boat from the Grand Pavilion, and had to walk to the village.

What would you like to do (and remember, Flora and Jeras have injuries...the sickened condition faded after one more round, so just relatively minor dmg).

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Daathiel uses one more Soothing Performance. Making sure to not catch any disabled assassins.
Mass CSW: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4, 8) + 12 = 29

Overnight resting would fix the rest for Flora.

1 rounds of performance left for Daathiel today.

"Marthysan, we had some company here. Golden League."
He watches Marthysan's reaction. He doesn't believe the paladin would plot against them, but this could be an impostor out to ruin Marthysan's reputation in addition to stopping the party from winning.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Mal requests dinner from Yon Loi as soon as the customers are shooed away.

Mal finishes a sip of his ale before adding, " Glad you're alright Marthysan, I was starting to get worried." He takes another bite from the food that Yon Loi brought. " They thought to attack us before I'd even finished my first stein or had a bite to eat.... A capital offense! "

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

"This was unexpected! Okay, but we got it right. Let's eat now."


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Marthysan heaves a great sigh. "Indeed, my astute bard, these are the tattoos of members of the Golden League. They have been a minor irritant for the Tournament for decades, mostly in terms of trying to manipulate the gambling that goes along with the tournament. While I suspect they could've had a hand in the 'food poisoning' and the like--and probably have tried similar tactics during previous tournaments--this is the first time I've heard of them trying to actually assassinate a competitor. Congratulations are in order, I suppose: clearly the Golden League sees you as serious contenders for winning the entire tournament. And of course, this just confirms my worst suspicions: that the Golden League has decided to take a larger role in this tournament. I must report this to the Emissary." He gets to his feet but pauses to look at each of you. "Some of the Emissary's men will come to gather the prisoners. But most important of all: remain vigilant and cautious. Now, I must hurry to catch the ferry."

Yon Loi not only provides you with a delicious meal, he sends you away with enough food for a few days, telling you he has no intention of opening his shop for at least another day or two, to let things settle.

Anything you want to do before day four? Just to confirm: Jeras already gathered his potions of fly.

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

nothing for me

Mal calls to Marthysan, “ You forgot dinner, you’ve got to try some of this before you get back on the boat” He finishes his dinner and goes back to the suite for the night.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

ready for day 4

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 123/123 (97 nonlethal) | AC: 35 (19 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30.% | CMD: 23 | F: 18, R: 17, W: 9 | Init: 5 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 5/10 | Internal Buffer 1/1 | Reroll 0/1

As before Flora uses her wand of keep watch so that they can rest without going to sleep.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Dawn of the fourth day of the thirty-first decennial Ruby Phoenix Tournament breaks with a glorious sunrise of red and orange. With only eight contestants remaining, the schedule of bouts and exhibitions is greatly reduced. Late in the morning you're summoned to the Grand Pavilion. As you enter the arena, you see the Fight Stage has been converted into a pool of watery mud, effectively transforming the ring into a giant swamp. Several islands of dark stone rise 6 inches out of the 4-foot-deep morass.

deep bog:
A square that is part of a deep bog has roughly 4 feet of standing water. It costs Medium or larger creatures 4 squares of movement to move into a square with a deep bog, or characters can swim if they wish. Small or smaller creatures must swim to move through a deep bog. Tumbling is impossible in a deep bog.

The water in a deep bog provides cover for Medium or larger creatures. Smaller creatures gain improved cover (+8 bonus to AC, +4 bonus on Reflex saves). Medium or larger creatures can crouch as a move action to gain this improved cover. Creatures with this improved cover take a –10 penalty on attacks against creatures that aren’t underwater.

Standing on the rock on the opposite side of the fight stage area is an enormously obese human male dressed in Tian-Shu fashion. As you enter the fight stage area, you see him cast a spell and turn invisible. The crowd groans a little when he disappears. Daathiel can't fail that spellcraft check

I've placed you on the map, but feel free to pick whatever starting point "on" that particular rock of your choice. You can start by floating in the air right above the rock. You have five rounds to cast buffs on yourselves. Feel free to roll your own initiative.
See Map

If a square has gray stone, but it's less than half the square, it's narrow surface. DC 5 Acro to not fall, and you're denied dex and considered flatfooted (barring any shenanigans you might have for such matters).

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Mal blinks slightly as his eyes begin to sheen with his innate racial power. He then briefly plants a quarter staff on his carpet and after affixing a narrow cloth flag with a warhammer. He then uses his wand of heightened awareness, and then attempts to use his wand of shield and then long arm. He curses saying that his wand of shield is clearly broken.

UMD, shield: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 = 18
UMD, long arm: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29

See Invisibility, Heroism, Heightened awareness, long arm

Initiative: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 4 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras drinks his potion of fly and flies up 20f.

Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Daathiel does his usual preparation: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image, Grand Destiny and a charge of Bestow Grace from his wand (now at 24 charges).
Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Saves are now +18/+24/+18; +2 vs evil, +7 vs charm/compulsion, +4 vs magic traps, writing, or language-dependent.

Mal, I would offer a use of my wand of Shield, but I think your five prep rounds are all accounted for.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 4 = 29


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Flora uses her wand of hieightened awareness to prepare. As Mal prepares, he keeps an eye on the invisible mage, calling out what he sees. First Hok Fong pulls out a scroll and uses it. then he casts as spell, and appears to become a halfling. Then he casts a spell and appears to start shifting and blinking. He casts one final spell, and then takes a 5' step back into the corner. Mal makes certain to let the party know where he's retreated.

The Emissary stands. "Ladies, Gentlemen...and the rest of you lot, may i present, in this corner, the corpulent, the incomparable, the vile and disgusting Hok Fong the Eunuch." The crowd gives a friendly cheer, and when he disappears, it seems some of the more squeamish in the audience are relieved.

The Emissary continues, "And in this corner, I present the indomitable...the incorruptible...The Pathfinder Paragons!" The Emissary waits for the roaring crowd to subside before shouting
"BEGIN!"

flora init: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
init: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Current init order. BOLD
Daathiel
Mal
Jeras
Flora:

Hok Fong, Invisible, Blinking

Current conditions: Tan=Deep Bog
Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Friendly (+1 on saves, attacks, CMB, ability & skill checks)
Hok Fong: Friendly
VICTORY POINTS:, Daathiel & Jeras: 4, Mal: 5, Flora:5

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 21 F +12 R +16 W +12 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 28/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 5/7, 3/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny

Daathiel casts Haste on the party and flies 30' forwards and 20' up. (With the Haste, this is a single move ascending.)

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 0/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 3/5; Haste 10/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Greater Magic Weapon (CL13), See Invisibility, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm

Since my carpet isn't hasted, I'll double move to get there.

Mal flies up to the invisible man, slighting him as he does so," I think the crowd prefers fights they can see. Daggers and wood splinters go here. Mal calls back to his allies while pointing down at the square he sees Fong in.

If he does anything that provokes, Mal would use a stunning fist attempt. Mal only has a 20% miss chance from the blink because he can see invisible foes.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras flies next to the Mal. double move

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

My move was single move action so I will attack

Jeras stabs once with his dagger.

+3 dagger adamantine: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

if he is flat-footed
sneak attack: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 6, 5, 2) = 20

351 to 400 of 717 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP GD VIII] PFS Mod: Ruby Phoenix Tournament (levels 10-12) [GM Uktar] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.