[PbP GD VIII] PFS Mod: Ruby Phoenix Tournament (levels 10-12) [GM Uktar]

Game Master Uktar

A tournament-style adventure for 11th-level characters, written by Tim Hitchcock


151 to 200 of 764 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

So, Daathiel it is your go! :)

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Daathiel casts Heroism on himself. He takes ten bolts.

The bard loads his crossbow, then takes his wand of True Strike in hand. He activates the wand, stows it, and then fires the crossbow.

He is aiming at the yellow bulls-eye on the final target, the one with Displacement. Because of True Strike he doesn't have to worry about the miss chance.

Ranged Attack, True Strike, Heroism: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 36
If that looks like it is going to miss, he will use Gallant Inspiration for a +2d4 competence bonus.

He then reloads the crossbow and does the whole thing again.
Bolt #2: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 51
Bolt #3: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 41
Bolt #4: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 53
Bolt #5: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 46
Bolt #6: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 46
Bolt #7: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 45
Bolt #8: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 52
Bolt #9: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 53
Bolt #10: 1d20 + 12 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 20 + 2 = 40

Didn't roll any 1's. Wand now at 17 charges.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

A cheer erupts from the crowd after the judge watching the displaced target cries "Bullseye!" on Daathiel's first hit.

The cheers get decidedly less enthusiastic with each laborious shot, as Daathiel processes through reloading his crossbow, then using his wand, then taking his shot. By the fifth or sixth shot, you hear a polite clapping, along with a few folks quietly heckling, "Ain't that cheatin'?"

By the time the tenth shot strikes the yellow on the displaced target, you hear a few yawns, and if you listen closely, you can hear crickets chirping.

The judge walks over and with a snort of derision, he hands Daathiel a pair of lesser bracers of archery and 5 arrows of slaying (humanoid(giant)x2, Aberrations, Fey, Animals).

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

LOL

"Great job Daathiel!"

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal approves I suspect next time they’ll be a little more stringent with time requirements. Effective, flawless, and within the rules, well done!


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Exactly so. Just having fun. You got all the loot, and the crowd reaction pure flavor.

After a light and tasty lunch, a monk of the Emissary instructs you to go to the bluff known as the Wall of Seven Winds, a 120-foot vertical cliff between New Harbor and the Grand Pavilion where the winds are known to always be particularly strong. Following his directions, it's a short walk.
The wind whips across the curved, sheer cliff that surrounds the cove, roiling the deep water below into a white-capped froth.
Several dozen boats bob on the rough water, their decks crowded with eager spectators focused on the cliff top.

You find Marthysan the Righteous standing before a small crowd atop the bluff. Several dozen boats are anchored in the cove at the base of the cliff, from which a larger gathering of onlookers eagerly watches the top of the wall.
Marthysan grins, saying, "Welcome, my Pathfinder Paragons. Today's exhibition bout will be an interesting one. And you'll need to wear these." With a nod from Marthysan, monks hand each of you a pair of silk slippers, each color coordinated to go with your outfit. He waits for you to finish putting them on before continuing.
"Those are slippers of spiderclimbing, which should keep you attached to your next field of battle: the Wall of Seven Winds." He gestures to the edge of the cliff.
"That's right, you'll be fighting your next opponents on the face of the cliff beyond this very edge. You must not only vanquish your foes, you must do so while clinging to the Wall of Seven Winds. Fear not, we have taken some safety precautions: among the visitors on the boats at the cliff’s base are sorcerers whose job is simply to cast feather fall on any contestant who falls from the wall. Though any contestant who falls from the wall and does not catch themselves is eliminated from the contest."
You go get one reflex save to catch yourself if you fall, representing a chance to grab onto the rough surface of the cliff face.

From the crowd surrounding Marthysan steps a stoic Tian-Min woman dressed entirely in white, with polished ivory-toned kusari gusoku armor and a helm interwoven with the intricate braids of black hair upon her head. She carries a nodachi.
Just imagine her armor and equipment being white...I was just thrilled to find an image of female warrior with nodachi and eastern armor.
Behind her stand 3 monks wielding shang gou.

Marthysan walks to the edge of the cliff and calls out, his voice being carried by the wind to all the assembled above and below the cliff. "Ladies and Gentlemen, for your entertainment, the Emissary offers you an exhibition bout between the Pathfinder Paragons and Orometsu Yasi and her Shang Gou Gang."
Marthysan turns back to the combatants. "To your places, warriors."

Orometsu Yasi and her monks bow nobly to Marthysan then you before walking over the edge of the cliff, climbing down the wall to a height of 60 feet.

See Map
Essentially a 2-dimensional fight, but South on the map is down, and if knocked prone, etc, you're falling (with reflex to grab on to rough cliff face (success means your prone, not falling.).
Combat Performance IS in effect. You each have 2 victory points, which can be spent to auto-succeed on any Combat Performance other than check when crowd is Helpful. Though remember that if you start a combat with everyone on your team having three victory points, the crowd already begins as Friendly.
Performance Combat Rules.
Friendly reminder: this is an Exhibition bout, NOT an elimination bout. You're still in Ruby Phoenix tourney regardless of outcome.
What do you do?

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal asks Is my carpet allowed, it seems unsporting.

Mal renews his preparations of spells mage armor, long arm, into ioun stone and heightened awareness .

umd: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
umd: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora would use her wand of heightened awareness for the initiative bonus.

Would bull rushing have any chance of knocking them off or just push them down the wall?


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

One of the Emissary's monks angrily replies, "Flying about on a magic carpet would hardly be 'clinging to the Wall of Seven Winds,' now would it? Were the Champion's instructions not clear?"

With each round of your delay, the crowd begins to grumble and hiss their impatience and displeasure. A nearby elderly fisherwoman grumbles, "Your foes readily entered the arena, yet you dither. Are you cowards?"

You would not be attached to the Wall of Seven Winds, per combat instructions. If someone cast fly on themselves but then walked along the wall, not using the flight, folks would be none the wiser. Trying to use flight while making it look like you're not would be sleight of hand. Flying to move but finishing movement attached to wall might be but okay--there doesn't seem to be much time for more detailed questions: combat begins one round after you saw them walk over the edge of the wall.

Unless you have special ability that knocks prone with bull rush, overrun, trample, etc, then no, they're not actually knocked off the wall, just shoved back, spiderslippered feet sliding along the surface in true anime fashion. Obviously, tripping would do the trick of breaking contact with the surface of the wall.

Initiative order. Bold may act
Mal
Jeras

Flora
Daathiel
Mal You cast Mage Armor before the combat began. Any other buffs will occur in combat rounds, so spell out actions specifically. Flora, ditto for your heightened awareness. Daathiel and Jeras both have one round for buffs before combat begins. That being said, you are on the top of the cliff, and cannot see your foes yet (unless one of you uses the pre-combat round to enter arena, i.e. go over edge onto cliff-face.)

Initiative:

Daathiel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Flora: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17
Jeras: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Mal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
4d20 ⇒ (9, 11, 2, 17) = 39

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Daathiel bows to the crowd as he leaves.
The rules didn't say I couldn't he thinks.
---
"Very well, I shall attempt this challenge."
Daathiel casts Mirror Image as his preparation.
Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal crawls out onto the cliff face, and uses his swordmaster's flair to increase his reach. He instantly enters crane style and readies to strike the first foe within range, planning to knock them from the wall.

I'll use trip attempts almost exclusively for AoOs and my readied fight defensively. If the attacks is adjacent, they can take an AoO on me for my attempt. I'll update my stat block to where it will be when the readied strike triggers.

readied fighting defensively trip attempt, attacking from above: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 1 = 38

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras will not use buffs.

Jeras takes his dagger and puts it in the mouth.
Then he follows the Mal's lead and goes down. double move down 20ft.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Slippers=20' Climb Speed. Your hands are free.

Slippers of Spider Climbing:
When worn, a pair of these slippers enables movement on vertical surfaces or even upside down along ceilings, leaving the wearer’s hands free. Her climb speed is 20 feet. Severely slippery surfaces—icy, oiled, or greased surfaces—make these slippers useless. The slippers can be used for 10 minutes per day, split up as the wearer chooses (minimum 1 minute per use).

As soon as Mal settles on the cliffface, the monk in the green sash charges forward, only to be tripped by Mal's readied attack. He quickly lashes out with a hand, one of his Shang Gou tumbling to the ground, clanging off the rocks below. His fingers can't quite find purchase, and he falls with a gasp from the crowd. But almost immediately, he begins to float and flutter downward like a leaf.

Undaunted, the red monk charges up the wall and lashes out at Jeras' legs with his shang gou, trying to sweep him off his feet with a flourish. Jeras goes flying feet over head, twirling in the air. But Jeras turns it into a backflip and grabs hold of the wall. The dagger in his teeth almost seems like Jeras planned the entire thing. Now prone.
The crowd roars its approval at the red monk's success.

Mal: No swift available for Performance Combat check for successful combat maneuver, but free action Perform for first blood is available.

Current init order. BOLD may act
Mal
Jeras prone
Red
Flora
Daathiel (7 images)

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Indifferent (but potential Mal check)
Shang Gou: Friendly

GM stuff:
ReflexG: 1d20 ⇒ 7
trip attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 19
perform check: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Jeras' Reflex: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Performance check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Mal cheers at the crowd after tripping his opponent, but probably isn’t successful in rousing them to his side

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora steps forward, gathering power and blasts the closest monk with an entangling blast of vines.

Gather power, throw an empowered, pushing (+1 burn) wood blast at red.

Wood Blast: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 1 = 38 Damage: 5d6 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 4, 4) + 18 + 1 = 38

57 magic, bludgeoning damage on a hit and a free bull rush attempt.(can push up to 10 feet).

CMB = +7 Con, +7 BAB, -1 size, +1 competence
Bull Rush: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Flora unleashes a barrage of vines at the red monk. He plants his feet and holds fast to his spot on the cliffside...though as he emerges from the onslaught of vines, he looks much the worse for the wear.

The white warrior springs up the side of the cliff and lashes out with her nodachi at the prone Jeras. Her nodachi bites deep, and Jeras feels a brutal chill as her blade cuts him. Frost lines the edges of his wound.

2 cold dmg, 24 magic slashing, if any of that matters, Jeras.

GM rolls:
att: 1d20 ⇒ 9
dmg: 1d10 + 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (6) + (2) + 18 = 26[/dice]

Current init order. BOLD may act
Mal
Jeras prone, 26 dmg
Red, 57 dmg
Flora
White
Daathiel (7 images)
Orange

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Daathiel takes a 5' step, draws his wand of True Strike, and activates it.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Daathiel takes his Five-foot step and enters the field of battle.

The remaining monk charges Mal, who seizes upon the opportunity to try and sweep the orange monk's feet out from under him with a quick swipe of his freakishly long arms. Unfortunately, the monk is able to avoid his attempt, leaping over Mal's outstretched arm and slashing at Mal's feet with his Shang Gou. It is mere child's play for Mal to step over from the monk's attempt.

AoO (crit 19-20), attacking from above,trip attempt: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 1 = 26

trip attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Oh, and Mal's attempt at Performance Combat to sway the crowd did not impress them, nor did it depress them, as it were. (Not success, but not failure by 5+). My apologies for not noting that sooner.

Current init order. BOLD may act
Mal
Jeras prone, 26 dmg

Red
Flora
White hasted
Daathiel (7 images)
Orange

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Indifferent
Shang Gou: Friendly

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Red's damage appears to have disappeared.

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal smiles at the monk before him as he calls on Torag to stengthen his blows.

He then unleashes a flurry of attacks on the Monk below him, striking non-lethally.

Flurry1 (crit 19-20), attacking from above,divine favor: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 37 dmg: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22
Flurry2 (crit 19-20), attacking from above,divine favor: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 25 dmg: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19
Flurry3 (crit 19-20), attacking from above,divine favor: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 38 dmg: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19
confirm3: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 19 dmg: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15

Mal first strikes the monk with both fists in the chest, knocking him back a slightly, which gives room for Mal to execute a spinning kick to his head. As he lands he pivots on the other foot toward Jeras.

Swift: Divine Favor, followed by full attack, 5' step. Assuming all 3 hit. Knocking him back bit was flavor, not anything mechanical.

Edit: I just realized that with the swift divine favor I don't think I can actually make a performance check this round, so ignore everything I wrote below
As his foot reattaches to the wall, Mal puts both is hands up and smiles at the crowd, which is clearly neither impressed nor disappointed by the blows.
Performance Check: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

Edit 2: Mal was in snake style when the monk's trip attempt missed, so that miss on Mal would have provoked an AoO from snake fang, but before divine favor was in place

AoO (crit 19-20), attacking from above: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 1 = 43 dmg: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
AoO confirm: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 22 + 1 = 36 dmg: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras while prone takes his dagger from his mouth and tries to stab the red monk.

+3 dagger adamantine: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Mal responds to the monk's failed trip attempt by punching him square in the face. Blood flows freely from his broken nose.
Just flavor. It's nonlethal dmg.

Mal then unleashes a flurry at the monk. First there's the backhand swipe, which smacks the orange monk across the face with a resounding slap. Mal follows that with a swift uppercut, which the monk sidesteps. While he's grinning at his defensive prowess, Mal delivers a left cross straight to the monk's broken nose, and he peels away from the wall, unconscious. He falls a few feet and the crowd elicits a loud "Oooooo" which climbs in tension as the monk continues to fall, accelerating until he's almost halfway down to the jagged rocks below before unseen sorcerer below casts feather fall on the monk, who then drifts gently downward as the crowd elicits an audible relieved "Ahhh. Unfortunately the crowd is much too distracted by the monk's fall to notice Mal's preening.
Free performance check for vanquishing--but your roll is too low (although perhaps a gallant word of inspiration may change that in a moment?)

Jeras does not fare quite so well as he desperately lashes out from his precarious perch on the wall. His dagger misses and the monk moves in. Given Jeras' tenacious grasp of the wall, the monk in the red robe unleashes a flurry of blows at Jeras, trying to kick him free of the wall. Three of his kicks strike the prone Jeras, but the battered, bruised and bleeding Jeras snarls his defiance and remains clinging to the wall.

GM dice:
Ki att: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
dmg: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
flurry#: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
dmg: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
flurry#2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
dmg: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
flurry#3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
dmg: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
flurry#4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
dmg: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Current init order. BOLD may act
Mal
Jeras prone, 26 dmg +28NL dmg
Red 57 dmg
Flora
White
Daathiel (7 images)

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Indifferent
Shang Gou: Friendly

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

A performance combat check is an ability check - not an attack roll or a skill check. So Daathiel cannot use Gallant Inspiration to help.

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Flora takes careful aim at the one in white.

empowered, entangling wood blast

Wood Blast: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 1 = 39 Damage: 5d6 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 2, 5) + 18 + 1 = 37
Confirm: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 1 = 36 Extra Damage: 5d6 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 2, 5) + 18 + 1 = 39

Oops. I think I killed him. That looks like a crit for 114 damage. If he somehow survived, DC 19 Reflex save to avoid being entangled.

A spear of wood catches the monk right in the heart, blasting through his rib cage and the soft tissue it was meant to protect.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

You're absolutely right, Daathiel. Was thinking perform check, as in skill, but it's not.

The red monk literally explodes in a wave of vegetation and viscera. His corpse begins to tumble downward until caught up in a feather fall spell, and it flutters down to the water and rocks below settling with an unpleasant sounding schlurp. There's a stunned moment before the woman in white looks at Jeras at her feet with vengeance in her eyes.

Her nodachi whirls in a blur, lashing out at the prone rogue. Her first blow fails to find the mark as her frustration and anger cause her attack to go wide. The second attack just manages to hit the prone rogue, causing some damage. She gathers herself for one final attack as she grunts in fury and slashes Jeras across the chest. The blade bites deeply, causing a critical wound that's enough to bring Jeras to unconsciousness. As his body tumbles away, you watch expectantly waiting for a feather fall to be cast.

But Jeras continues to accelerate all the way to the bottom of the cliff, smashing into the rocks with a sickening crunch. There's a collective sharp intake of breath by all present when he impacts with the water and rocks, but it's immediately followed by a flash of brilliant light from somewhere on Jeras' chest. To everyone's shock and amazement, when the spots clear from their eyes, Jeras is not only still alive, but weakly doggy paddling in the water. A ragged cheer goes up at his unlikely survival, and a boat quickly moves in to gather him up.

Orometsu Yasi almost looks relieved that Jeras lives, but then she quickly bellows a challenge at the rest of the party. While the crowd was unpleasantly stunned by her brutal strike on Jeras, his survival and her defiance causes them to rally back to her cause.

Flora: You can have one Free and one Immediate action performance combat check, if you so desire (for confirmed crit and for vanquishing foe). I'll also give Jeras a check for surviving that fall and emerging conscious. If he wants one.

GM dice:
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 1 - 3 = 19
dmg: 1d10 + 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (4) + (6) + 18 = 28
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 1 - 3 = 22
dmg: 1d10 + 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 18 = 24
attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 25
dmg: 1d10 + 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (8) + (6) + 18 = 32
confirm?: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 30
dmg: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
falling dmg: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 4, 1) = 31
Talisman of Life's Breath: 5d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 4, 5) + 9 = 29
Performance Combat check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Performance Combat check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Jeras' almost demise:
I believe Jeras AC is indeed 26 at the moment, so a 22 hits his prone AC. After being critted, he has 107 lethal and 28 nonlethal damage. 31 falling damage brings that to 138 lethal, 28 nonlethal. Death triggers talisman of Life's breath. Spell brings him to 109 lethal damage, AND heals all the nonlethal damage, so he's just barely conscious. If I'm missing anything, please do speak up. Character death--or near-death--should always be double-checked...And if anyone has immediate action that affects this, feel free to use it.

Current init order. BOLD may act
Mal
Jeras OUT OF COMABT, 109 dmg
Flora
White
Daathiel (7 images)

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Indifferent
Shang Gou: Friendly

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Look above and you will see that Flora aimed at the monk in White, not Red. The one who was just about to puree Jeras. So that might change things. Or not, if she can withstand 114 damage.

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Yeah, white was blocking a line to red, so I targeted white rather than deal with cover.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Whoops. That just saved Jeras 3500gp. Thanks. In my defense, the woman in white isn't a monk--nor male. Still, should've noticed the mention of white up front.
Flora still has free and immediate action Performance Combat attempts available.

Flora has a scary waking nightmare of seeing poor Jeras clinging to the rockface being cut to pieces by the vile woman in the white armor. "No!!!" she screams as she unleashes an elemental blast that absolutely shreds the woman to bits. Luckily Jeras is quite nimble and manages to avoid much of the viscera that scatters about in the resulting explosion of warrior and vegetation. As for the red monk, much of what he's covered with blends in with his robes.

Current init order. BOLD may act
Mal
Jeras 26+28NL dmg

Red 57dmg
Flora
Daathiel (7 images)

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Indifferent
Shang Gou: Friendly

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Performance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Performance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Daathiel moves while drawing his whip and lashes out to trip Red.
Trip, True Strike: 1d20 + 10 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 20 = 41

If this succeeds, he cracks his whip with a flourish.
Performance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal reflects quietly, how quickly the battle can turn, from Shang Gou untouched, about to unleash upon Jeras to a piercing shard of wood straight through the heart.

This doesn't matter if Daathiel knocked the monk off the wall

Unwilling to see Jeras pummeled again Mal dashes below Jeras as quick as he can after seeing Daathiel trip the monk but also seeing him manage to recover his hold on the wall. As he arrives Mal makes a roundhouse kick to the head of the monk, that combined with the shards of wood in his flesh knocks him unconscious.

attack: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 2 = 34damage: 1d8 + 12 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 5 = 23

Assuming with Flora's earlier strike that knocks him down.

As Mal's roundhouse kick to the head knocks the monk unconscious and off the wall, he turns to the crowd and again makes a wild flourish to celebrate their victory.
performance check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

When I was in bed you almost kill me. HAHA!

Jeras continues with stabbing the red one.

+3 dagger adamantine +20: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

+3 dagger adamantine +15: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

The shock of Flora's killing blow stuns the audience, but they do give a ragged cheer when they realize the little halfling took out the burly leader of the Shan Gou Gang. crowd to Friendly

With a flourish, Daathiel whips the feet right out from under the remaining monk, but defiantly reaches out and just manages to catch a rock jutting from the cliff face. The crowd's excitement grows as it realizes the dramatic conclusion is nie. crowd to Helpful

Mal moves over and almost regretfully kicks the monk in the face, sending him plummeting unconscious from the cliff, where he gently floats to the boats waiting below. Mal puts on a stoic, brave face as he finishes his spinning roundhouse kick to the roars of the crowd.
success with Helpful crowd

The exhibition bout is over. The Pathfinder Paragons are victorious.
You head back up the cliff to the top, and return the slippers to the Emissaries minions. Marthysan the Righteous comes over and hands Mal a ring. He then places a hand upon the halfling's shoulder. "Such tragedies are part of the Tournament. Each contestant understands the risks. Orometsu Yasi was no wilting flower, and she deserved your best," He leans in close, "but you may want to go a little easier when facing lesser foes."

ref: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Each party member now has 3 victory points...except for Mal, who, in finishing off your final foe, managed to sway the Helpful crowd, thus earning a fourth point. And the ring is a Ring of Feather Fall. It is a team award, he just gave it to Mal since he delivered finishing blow and had won over the crowd. Let me know who's going to wear it.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

You barely finish healing up Jeras' wounds and sorting out who's going to wear the ring when another minion of the Emissary arrives and bows in greeting. "Your presence is requested in the Grand Pavilion immediately. It is time for your official bout."

go ahead and roll/whatever needed to heal Jeras up. Remember, any cure heals 1 point of lethal AND 1 point of nonlethal, so only need up to 28 total healing to bring him to full.

You're led back to the Grand Pavilion where you mull about outside, listening to the crowd roar at the previous combat. The crowd's cheering reaches a crescendo, then slowly subsides until finally you hear the voice of the Emissary declare the victor--his words are indistinct, but the cadence makes it obvious. After a few more minutes of general chatter the crowd begins to quiet. You see a monk poke his head out through the nearby contestant entrance and nod to the monk standing nearby. The Emissary's monk turns to you. "You have one minute to prepare..."

Go ahead and roll your own initiative while listing any buffs you want to put up in this minute of prep.

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal could use the ring since he is usually on a flying carpet anyways. If anyone else wants it they can use it instead.

Mal concurs with Marthysan,” Torag teaches no quarter for our enemies, but these are not meant to be to the death if it can be avoided. I’m certain our halfling friend simply landed a lucky blow, but as word of this spreads, I fear our fellow competitors will show no restraint upon us. "

Mal prepares for the following match by casting a few spells from wands.

UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

[ooc] Mal will cast Heightened awareness. Immediately before the match begins he will cast shield and long arm.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

"I agree, Mal. I tried advocating non-lethal attacks earlier. Bloodsport is distasteful compared to a respectful contest of skill. These are our opponents, not our enemies."

Daathiel will use Soothing Performance to heal Jeras.
CSW: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 12 = 20
Followed by a charge of CLW.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

For his preparations for the next bout:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness and Grand Destiny.
Mirror Image lasts 12 minutes - is it still up? Will re-cast if not.

He uses a charge of Bestow Grace from his wand (now at 25 charges; +Cha, so +6, sacred bonus to all saves for 4 minutes).

He takes to the air (15' up), holding his wand of True Strike in one hand.

Initiative, Dismissing Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 = 14

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

I was writing Mal's preparations when I hit the time limit on editing unfortunately. I assume Daathiel includes the surviving monks in the healing performance he does?

Mal also drinks his potent draught, preparing for today's elimination bout.

Mutagen!

Init: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

"Thank you Daathiel!" Jeras bows.
"Now I am ready for next fight!"

Jeras does not use spells or magic wand to prepare for the fight.

Actually, can I buy potion of fly after this fight? If I can then Jeras will drink potion of fly before this combat.

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"Too much of my blood I have seen today and yesterday. So I will not try to deal non lethal damage."


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Any buffs with duration in ten min/lvl would be up (heroism, see invis, etc) Not minutes/level. But you could cast another mirror image, if you so choose. Plenty of time. As for lethal/nonlethal, pure choice by PC. ...and Kineticists don't have a lot of options in that dept. Flora hasn't been buffing much, so off we go.

GM screen:
Flora-Bot Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
init: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Exactly 60 seconds later, you are ushered into the arena by the Emissary's monk. As you enter the arena, the roar of the crowd in the Grand Pavilion is deafening, even compared to the tumult yesterday. Where previously the fight stage was bare, it now sports three pillars of wood and iron, each supporting two wooden platforms connected by rope ladders, one 20 feet above the ground and the other 40 feet above it. Both levels of the towers are identical.
i.e. the map is there twice, one for tower platforms at 20' high, the other at 40' high.

Across from you on the area floor is a LARGE Vudrani woman who smirks at the sight of your party. The Emissary's voice cuts through the tumult and the crowd goes silent.

"Ladies and gentlemen. On this side, we have the dangerous, the dynamic, the indomitable Pathfinder Paragons." The crowd seems positively Friendly toward you, which causes the Vudrani woman to sneer.
"And in this corner, we have the one, the only, the glorious gladiator Ganyavesha!" The crowd seems well familiar with her, but your recent exploits have given you the crowds favor...for now.

"Contestants, you will immediately move to separate tower platforms and I will announce the start of the combat."

The woman effortlessly clambers up the rope ladder to the nearest platform to her, 20' in the air.

Please place yourselves on the map where you want to begin. per instructions, cannot start on same platform as woman.

The Concordance

Neutral Good Halfling Kineticist 10 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 115/123 (80 nonlethal, 26 temp) | AC: 34 (18 T, 29 F) | Fortification: 30% | CMD: 21 | F: 18, R: 16, W: 9 | Init: 4 | Perc: 23 | Speed 30, swim 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Burn 6/10 | Internal Buffer 0/1 | Reroll 0/1

Sorry got distracted.

Just using heightened awareness as usual.
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

And to be clear, you can be on your flying rug/using wings/etc, just positioning yourselves directly above platform where you place token. Unless otherwise noted, I'll assume Mal and Daathiel are floating just above the surface of that platform.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Daathiel is flying near Mal.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras drinks potion of fly and flies on the first platform.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

For Jeras' Eyes only:
Your spidey senses immediately begin to tingle as you sense that there is a 5'x5' pit-trapdoor immediately NE of you--beneath the flying Daathiel. (Trap Spotter Rogue Talent)

As soon as the Pathfinders reach their starting positions, the Emissary shouts "Begin!"

Ganyavesha moves with an almost preternatural speed. She winks at Mal and blows him a kiss before targeting him with a spell. As Mal watches his freakishly long arms shrink back to their normal size, Daathiel recognizes it as Dispel Magic, Greater. She takes a 5' step to put the central pillar of her platform between herself and Flora.

Mage Armor, Shield and Long Arm are gone--check did not succeed v CL13 Greater magic Weapon

GM screen:
hmm: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Current init order. BOLD may act
Ganyavesha
Jeras
Mal
Flora
Daathiel

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Friendly
Ganyavesha: Indifferent
Remember, DCs will be higher for Combat Performance due to outnumbering your foe.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Having identified his foe as human with a Knowledge check, Daathiel begins repeating the basic advice for "how to beat up a human."

+3 insight bonus to attacks and AC. I have a feeling some of you might get out of range of this effect but I will try to catch up and get you back in it. Taking a 5' step while flying this round.

Daathiel then casts Dispel Magic at Ganyavesha, using 1 of 3 uses of Grand Destiny on the CL check. Not trying for anything in particular - it will check first against the highest-CL spell (and I suppose determined randomly if there are many). I am guessing she has many buffs active.
Dispel Magic CL check, Grand Destiny: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 4 = 31


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Now that Daathiel has taken a good look at your enemy, he realizes that she seems to be under the effects of something quite familiar: she seems to be "blinking". He makes a point of mentioning that when he hands out his advice on how to best handle this particular human. Then he targets her with a dispel magic.

If recognizing the blinking would change your standard action, feel free to do so.

gm screen:
hmm: 2d100 ⇒ (67, 22) = 89

Current init order. BOLD may act
Ganyavesha
Daathiel
Jeras
Mal
Flora

Current Crowd Attitude:
Pathfinders: Friendly
Ganyavesha: Indifferent

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 12 | HP 99/99 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 CMD 20 F +18 R +22 W +18 ** | Init +7 | Per +16 | Performance 23/32 | Probable Path 0/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 2/2| Spells 4/7, 2/7, 2/5, 1/4 |Active: Heroism, Echolocation, Grand Destiny, Haste, Blink, Bestow Grace

Yes, targeting the Blink effect.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

She no longer appears to be blinking.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 12 | HP 111/111 | AC 26 T 17 FF 20 | CMB +8, CMD 26 | F: +14, R: +21; +4 for traps W: +13; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +9 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +23 (+29 to locate traps), SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

"Guys there is pit-trapdoor beneath the Daathiel!"

The Exchange

Male LG Aasimar Swashbuckler 5, Monk 2, Warpriest 4, Brawler 1 | HP 97/97| AC 39, T 34, FF 24 | CMD 41 | F +19 R +29 W +18 | Init +13 (+11 without panache) | Perc +26, SM +23 | Speed 30ft, Fly 40ft Carpet of Flying| Reach 10' | Panache 1/1; Fervor 4/6; Blessings 5/5; Stunning Fist 1/5; Haste 9/10; Bane 5/5| Active Conditions: Snake/crane Style, Mage Armor, heroism, mutagen, long arm, haste (CL10)

Mal flashes a brief look of anger seeing his protective wards fall. Regardless, he uses his magic items to supplement his defenses, takes a cranelike posture, and cautiously moves in to strike Ganyavesha.

Swift: Swordmaster's Flair (Blue Scarf) for 10' reach, Free: Click boots for haste (+1 AC), move action: 40' move close to melee (using carpet), standard single attack, fighting defensively. I don't move within 10' of her, assuming she has an expanded reach with large size. Edit: Mal could be within 30' of Daathiel, which is important because eating a full attack is probably best done with plenty of insights into how to defend myself. Mal has +3 AC/CMD against her, as well as saves against those nasty human SLAs :) If she misses Mal, that provokes an AoO. Also, if she is within 4 of my AC (42), my crane wing drops (also provoking), and my AC goes down to 38.

attack, insight, haste: 1d20 + 24 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 24 + 3 + 1 = 43 damage: 1d8 + 14 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 5 = 25

151 to 200 of 764 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP GD VIII] PFS Mod: Ruby Phoenix Tournament (levels 10-12) [GM Uktar] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.