#10-16: What the Helms Hide

Game Master Baerlie

High Tier

Map

Ini:

[dice=Ini Arin]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ini Mhazruk]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Ini Mykel]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Ini Pai]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ini Sirius]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ini Tenibri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ini Erhun]1d20+1[/dice]


301 to 324 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius adds bane human to his blade.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none

"What in the actual heck is going on here?" Normally more cautious about keeping space between her and her opponents, Pai's gnomish curiosity is piqued so strongly by these circumstances that she cannot help walking right into the mist to see where these foes are coming from, and if there's anything useful to see or know over there. As she walks, she pulls the tassel at her waist, cinching her elegant gown's skirt up to her knees. Thank goodness I had that feature added in!

Popping out of the mist on the other side, she quickly assesses what she sees and calls it out to everyone else, just in case they couldn't see it. Restoring her Enveloping Winds ability (immediate action), she shoots a searing blast of electricity at the red foe closest to her.

Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 162d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

On Pai's signal, Arin follows her through the mist to get a better look at the action.

[double move] 40'

Grand Lodge

While Sirius prepares his blade Pai and Arin move forward. Pai stops in front of the foes and shoots electricity at one of them and hits.

Eylysia activates arcane devices and casts occult spells that weaken the evil Decemvirate members by draining their strength and countering much of their magical power.

Zaul moves up to the creature that just hit him with a blast and attempts to hit Pai with a dagger. He misses.
Concealment 50%, lower hits: 1d100 ⇒ 56 miss
new saving throw
Will DC19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Veldrid hears that Zaul is fighting something and releases an arrow. She misses.
Concealment 50%, lower hits: 1d100 ⇒ 97
new saving throw
Will DC19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The wolf uses his nose to find Erhun, moves closer and tries to bite him.
Concealment 50%, lower hits: 1d100 ⇒ 49 success
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 hits
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Free trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 success
new saving throw
Will DC19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Round 2
Erhun -11, prone
Pai
Arin
Tenibri
Mhazruk
Mykel
Sirius

-----
Eylysia
-----
Zaul red -11
Veldrid yellow glitterdusted
Wolf

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Not to be undone by a living wolf, Erhun strikes from the ground, letting his rage fuel his strenght

Power attack from the ground, RAGE: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 + 2 - 1 = 6
Raging 2H dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12

But the wolf easily dodges the clumsy attempt

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Tenibri moves up to the edge of the cloudy memory effect, and focuses his arcane power into opening a portal to the celestial realm, near the far wall on the other side of the effect. Three glorious, shimmering eagles fly out of the portal, each flying to a different target.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: spend 2 arcane reservoir to cast summon monster II with conjurer's focus (4 min duration)

Celestial eagles: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Eagle

The eagles each fly to a different target, flapping wings and snapping with beak and talon in their attempt to harry the Decemvirate's attack.

Actions, pink:

Free: smite evil vs wolf
5' step
Full round: full attack vs wolf

Bite, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
Damage, P, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Talon, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
Damage, S, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Talon, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
Damage, S, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Actions, purple:

Free: smite evil vs yellow
5' step
Full round: full attack vs yellow

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage, P, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage, S, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Talon Crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage, S, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage, S, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Actions, cyan:

Free: smite evil vs red
Move: 20' at half speed with acrobatics to avoid AoO
Standard: attack red

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage, P, smite evil: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Mykel rushes ahead to deflect the enemy from Pai. He slashes at Zaul with his wicked blade as he takes advantage of the eagle distracting her. He readies a return strike if attacked.

You are a disgrace to the Society. Capitulate now, or die!

attck: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 = 341d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 5 = 15

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 221d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 181d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 5 = 19

crit: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 192d8 + 12 ⇒ (7, 7) + 12 = 26

imtimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17intimidate as a swift

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none

Remember that the companion I chose is: "Sera Calthial (human bard): The PC and all allies within 30 feet gain a
+1 morale bonus on saving throws and 5 temporary hit points for the
duration of the combat." I'm guessing that it meant all allies within 30' at the start of combat, in which case that would be everyone in our group.

"Eeep! Uh..." Pai really doesn't like being so up close and personal with this person, so she backs up a five foot step. The mist closes in around her, partially concealing everyone else. "Gaaah. That sucks." She mutters.

Even so, she is not deterred. Stretching out her arms, she calls upon the elemental forces. Crackling arcs of lightening snap around her in a whirling storm in a 20' radius around her. No one else in the area of effect is damaged, though they all feel the level of static electricity in the area rise, zapping them sharply when they touch anything. After a moment that feels longer than it is, she pulls all of that energy into herself, the ends of her short-cropped hair standing out straight from her scalp, then casts out her outstretched hand to send another blast of electricity at the aggressive red foe.

Electric blast vs. Touch AC with Thundering Infusion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 212d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12
Concealment Miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 97
Red foe needs to make a DC 16 Fortitude save or be deafened. (I assume this hits.)
Includes Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Elemental Overflow. Gathered Power counteracts the 1 point of Burn for using Thundering Infusion.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Moving forward Sirius Whirls his glaive and attacks.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11Add +2 to hit and +2 and 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8to damage if the target is human.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

[5' step] NW, next to Erhun
[standard] campanion ability, Cure Moderate Wounds on Erhun

Cure Moderate Wounds, Erhun: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11 assuming I use my CL

Myrin Goldeneye (elf cleric of Desna):
The PC can cast cure light wounds
(cure moderate wounds in Subtier 4–5) once during the combat.

Grand Lodge

Erhun misses the wolf and the three eagles get into action. Some talon attacks hit. Mykel brings down another Decemvirate member while Pai shoots another electric blast. redirectig it at yellow, also redirecting Sirius towards the wolf, I hope that's ok Arin heals Erhun.

Fort yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Round 2
Erhun prone
Pai
Arin
Tenibri
Mhazruk
Mykel
Sirius
-----
Eylysia
-----
Zaul red down
Veldrid yellow -26 glitterdusted
Wolf -7

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

With his target down and the howling of some large beast Rook moves through the mist and drinks his Mutagen.

Grand Lodge

Mhazruk moves closer to the remaining foes while drinking some liquid.

Eylysia continues to chant and weak the decemvirat members.

With a few words Veldrid activates her helmet but she's unable to hit the target with the spell. swift action
50% Concealment Sirius, lower hits: 1d100 ⇒ 65 -.-

She then takes a swing at the bird next to her.
50% Concealment Sirius, lower hits: 1d100 ⇒ 87

remove dust
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The wolf attacks the eagle who just injured it.
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Round 3
Erhun prone
Pai
Arin
Tenibri
Mhazruk
Mykel
Sirius

-----
Eylysia
-----
Veldrid yellow -26 glitterdusted
Wolf -7

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

[5' step] S
[standard] Cast sound burst, area of effect marked on map

Arin mutters some abyssal words under his breath, and then pulls out a tiny silver flute from his belt pouch.

Blowing into it he sends a little bead of what seems like self-contained, swirling air at the remaining humanoid foe. As soon as it reaches its back corner, it explodes in a cacophony of wind and sound.

Sonic damage vs. yellow: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Yellow DC 17 Fortitude or Stunned for 1 round.

Stunned wrote:
A stunned creature drops everything held, can’t take actions, takes a –2 penalty to AC, and loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any).

Grand Lodge

yellow is down

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Mykel bounds over to join in the melee on the other side of the room.
He slashes at the wolf and readies a return strike for an inevitable bite.

attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 5 = 17

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 231d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 5 = 17

Heel, cur!intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none

"Who've we got left? Anyone hiding in the mist?" Pai quips as she moves into position to send a zap of lightening at the wolf.

Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 112d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9
Includes Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Elemental Overflow.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

Rooks body takes on a more lithe form as he rears back and thrusts another bomb through the air.

Bomb@Wolf (Top-Right Square): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Waits to see if wolf is still alive after all that

Grand Lodge

wolf is dead, combat over

A few more attacks finally defeat the wolf. Eylysia nods and smiles your way before the vision starts to fade. "That went differently this time; I like this ending better." she says before fading from view. As she does, you gain a flash of insight into the past’s true events: you see an injured Zaul fleeing the battle, abandoning the others as he disappears into the strange mist swirling around the library. Only one of Eylysia’s companions remains visible. Her remaining companion, the gnome wizard Fimbrik the Illusionist, sends a crackle of spell energy at Veldrid that drops the masked dwarf to the ground where she disintegrates into motes of color that the unstable magic quickly devours. A badly wounded Helven points his blade at Eylysia and stalks towards the defiant gnome woman.

"Your secrets cannot remain hidden forever!" Eylysia cries, before tapping a foot on the ground and vanishing. The broken strands of magical mist explode in a whirlwind of rainbow light as Eylysia’s vision concludes and the battered old spell finally ends.

As the final vision fades, the PCs find themselves once again fully in the present.

Since only you were able to experience the vision, Shaine and the Decemvirate are very interested in hearing your accounts. "Tell us, what happened. We could only see the mist and you were gone." Shaine asks.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Really, I'm not sure...We meet some unknown Decemvirate members.. there was a big wolf with them… They seemed to want to kill Elysia before she could talk...It was very weird, like a dream

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"From a business standpoint Eylysia had found some dirty deals that were made and those responsible wanted her dead. It is nor surprise that an organization such as the Pathfinder Society has dirty dealing all the way back at the roots. The three members that attacked her wore specific helms..." Rook relays any information that is asked of him with in a frank manner.

It still surprises me that the organization can successfully appeal to paladins and the more moral types. Many of my missions have been arguably ...shady. Business is business to me though.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

So, per the hostile attacks from the unknown Decemvirates she was very clearly correct in her intuition. I hope the Society has evolved since that time to foster more trust between members of its leadership. If such a thing was uncovered today, it would certainly impact membership.

301 to 324 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / What the Helms Hide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.