#10-16: What the Helms Hide

Game Master Baerlie

High Tier

Map

Ini:

[dice=Ini Arin]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ini Mhazruk]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Ini Mykel]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Ini Pai]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ini Sirius]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ini Tenibri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ini Erhun]1d20+1[/dice]


1 to 50 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

starting soon....

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius Löwenhaupt is a rather average sized young man with a rather slim stature. He has inherited the rather elfish looks of his mother, especially the pointy ears and the azure blue eyes of his father. He has white skin and very long hair in the colour of freshly honey, and usually wears egshelled clothes made of ostrich leather and linnen.
In battle he wears a chainmail of elfish origin and a bardiche.
His voice is a very deep, yet smooth pearly tone.

Grand Lodge

You receive a letter from Kreighton Shaine describing a mystery that the Pathfinder Society needs to unravel.

Pathfinders,
I have recently uncovered a series of notes that I believe hold critical truths about the origins of the Pathfinder Society and the founding of the Decemvirate. A gnome Pathfinder by the name of Eylysia was well-known at that time and was held in high esteem until an assassination attempt on members of the Decemvirate organized by Eylysia led to her ejection from the Society. These notes I have found indicate there may be quite a bit more to Eylysia’s story than we previously realized.

The most legible of Eylysia’s notes reference a “speaking artifact” purportedly lying beneath a “false rider.”

Descriptions drawn from recent visions suggest the “speaking artifact” originated in Varisia. I suspect it is related to the Shoanti, a people well-known both for their oral traditions and horsemanship.

It seems Eylysia suspected that the noted explorer, Montlarion Jeggare, had glimpsed this “speaking artifact”. Head to the Jeggare Museum in Korvosa, where Montlarion’s ancestor, Mercival Jeggare, serves as curator. Once there, see if you can locate this “speaking artifact”. I await your findings.

Sincerely,
Kreighton Shaine

You are not going to meet him in person to ask any questions, but some of you might know the following:

DIPLOMACY (GATHER INFORMATION) OR
KNOWLEDGE (GEOGRAPHY, HISTORY, OR LOCAL)

DC 10+:
Fort Korvosa was constructed by Chelish marines
under the command of Field Marshal Jakthion Korvosa. Once
completed, it served as a defensive position from which settlers
and explorers would enter Varisia. Korvosa has since become a
major cosmopolitan city. Imps, otyughs, and shrew flies pose
concerns for unsuspecting visitors.

DC 15+:
Near the conclusion of the Everwar, Field Marshal
Korvosa led a band of soldiers from Cheliax into Varsia.
They met fierce resistance from Shoanti tribes (or “quahs”).
As Korvosa’s troops wore down, relief came by way of the
gentleman explorer, Montlarion Jeggare. Leading an expedition
up the river now bearing his name, Jeggare delivered transport
and supplies to Korvosa’s beleaguered soldiers.

DC 20+:
Dozens of Pathfinders followed in the wake of
Cheliax’s armies during the Everwar. Where the army went,
Pathfinders could readily study sites previously disallowed
by local groups. The Pathfinders plundered numerous
abandoned sites. The lack of Society oversight from
distant Varisia left few to question such methodologies.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Taking 10 for Diplo 21 if possible

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

It looks like Arin got picked up for this mission as well? The little guy survived once the crew went their separate ways, good!

If one thing is obvious about Mhazruk it is his profession as an alchemist. His black duster is covered in iron vials of various liquids and blast marks from his experiments. As he walks into the museum in Jeggare his vials, gear, and elaborate spear clink occasionally but most peculiar is the shifting of his bandanna atop his head.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Lovely, lovely Korvosa. Plenty of business if you don't mind the imps and other pests. You look out of place in a museum...about as much as I do. Pathfinder? If so you can call me Rook." he says to the half-elf while looking around.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

A little gnome, hovering just to the side of the museum entrance has a youthful face and starkly white hair. He maintains a very peaceful demeanor, and yet seems distant to most, in stark contrast to the overt compassion that usually accompanies a healing gift. His face forever lacks emotion, and it's never clear whether he doesn't experience it or doesn't express it.

When he sees former mission teammates, Pai a follow gnome from recently, or Mhazruk, from a series of missions long back, he offers a polite nod of acknowledgement. He definitely won't refuse conversation from these.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Once rejoined with his fellow agents...

It's interesting that even the society has its internal struggles. I wonder what Eylysia's motivations were at the time.

He nods to Mhazruk. It's been a while. Have you worked with any of the others since we all parted? His demeanor remains as stoic as always.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons)

A bright peach colored female gnome with flaming orange hair and light green eyes bustles into the museum next. After paying admission, she spots Arin. She calls out as she bounds across the lobby: "Arin! Hi! I'd heard you were coming too! How's it going? Who's your friend here?" She's definitely a chatty one, and most certainly not using her library voice, as one generally does in museums.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Once introduced, she prattles on about what she knows about the area. (Feel free to open the first two spoilers.)

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Oh, apologies, this is Mhazruk. We were part of an adventuring team early in my Pathfinder career. He's a reliable alchemist, and good with a lock or device in a pinch.

Arin very briefly glances up at Mhazruk's bandana and makes a courtesy check before presuming to reveal something too soon...

Is that something you like to show off early to new teammates or do you like to wait until it comes up...?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

A man of Taldan stock enters the museum. His steps very light, but with purpose. His wickedly curved blade bounces on his hip as he moves. His Long hair done in a tail, with his knot done with the same colour sting as the tassles on his sword. He nods in acknowledgement to the others.

Nice to meet you all. I am Mykel, of the Cassomir Therinors. It looks as though we have a well rounded group here...good.

diplo, gather info: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

A small humanoid, deeply cloaked in all black, enters the museum after the others. After paying admission, and a brief conversation with the attendant, he starts scanning the gallery for... something. His gaze pauses on the assembled Pathfinders, but continues on to cover the rest of the gallery before returning. He seems to settle on something and approaches the group.

Lowering the cowl of his cloak, he introduces himself. "I'm Tenibri. You must be the other Pathfinders? I got a letter from Shaine...." His deep purple skin is covered in an intricate pattern of tattooed white dots that trail off beyond what you can see of his face, clearly identifying him as a wayang. Having overheard some of the conversation about Korvosa as he approached, he qualifies what the others have said by sharing some (perhaps unpleasant) facts about how the Society took advantage of things at that time. Last spoiler revealed.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Oh you know Needle has a mind of...well you know how he acts. He will come out sooner or later when he has a craving for chalk." he says while jiggling the bag of chalk attached to a chalkboard on his hip.

The bandanna begins to move around more wildly before a small winged reptile bursts out and flys around the room before landing on the chalkboard. While it eats a snack of chalk the others might notice it shares the same skin color and texture as Rook.

"And there he goes. Anyways, this is the first job I have taken since we parted ways. Been working with some of our old clients hauling alchemical supplies around and trying my hand at the Sun Orchid elixir...to no success. However it looks like you have not lazed about either, it is nice to meet a friend of Arin." he finishes with a greeting for Pai but ends his tangent of catching up as others being to arrive.

[b]"You are in the right place, Tenibri. Hopefully Shaine is more bearable this time but then again that my be why I was chose.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons)

As the winged reptile bursts from beneath Mhazruk's bandana, Pai's eyes widen in delight. "Oooooh! What is that? It's so cool! Gosh! Can I pet it? What's its name? Needle? Oh! Is it because its teeth are needle sharp? Wow! Can I hold it? Or does it only like you?" She watches it flap and glide around the room with wonder, prattling on without giving Mhazruk a chance to answer until she finally stops to draw a breath.

Grand Lodge

The museum’s striking marble edifices rise above the surrounding terrain. Upon your arrival, you are greeted by the museum’s current curator, Mercival Jeggare.

"Welcome to my museum Pathfinders! I am Mercival Jeggare, the head curator."

This declaration comes from a portly man adorned in a frock coat and ruffled blouse. The scholarly figure gestures toward a grand entryway dotted with displays of weapons, artwork, and fossilized remains.

"Come in, come in! Always a pleasure to host members of the Society. I assume this is in regards to the missive I received from Mr. Shane? Wait. He said he's going to send seven agents. I guess we have to wait for the last one to arrive before I show you the Shoanti collection."

waiting for Erhun to join

Grand Lodge

Sirius Löwenhaupt wrote:
Taking 10 for Diplo 21 if possible

that would have been possible, but all spoilers were revealed in the meantime, sorry :)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

A tall man, with a wild mane of red hair, enters the place. He's quite slender, but with a good muscular definition under his chain shirt. His pace is regular, and he carries himself with purpose.

He salutes his fellow Pathfinder, introducing himself as Erhun Gabarris, from the Scarab Sages.

An oversized axe and a bec de corbin are his obvious weapons.

Grand Lodge

"Ok, let's go." Mercival Jeggare says and leads the way.

Mercival directs you to the largest gallery containing Shoanti artifacts. Skylights illuminate this gallery. Exhibits displayed within decorative alcoves include several wooden totems and tools. More wood-carved pieces rest within a raised exhibition area to the north. A massive glass-walled case dominates the center of the gallery and holds three bound volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles. To the south, a table bears two metal chests as another holds two wooden reliefs.

"Do you have any questions?" he asks.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

Rook is somewhat surprised by the the attention Needle is getting.

"Well, to be technical he is an experiment...or the result of one going wrong. He is my brain tumor when I wanted him to be an extra set of arms." he says as if completely normal.

With a sharp whistle he holds up his chalkboard where Needle stops eating to instead draw the words HELLO HELLO on it before showing it to Pai. He then tosses her some chalk to feed Needle when she wants.

"Seems he is fairly sharp for a tumor...I suppose. "

---

Rook does take some interest in the Shoanti relics and seems skilled at recognizing them.

"Please do lead the way. I would like to learn of these relics but more importantly the specifics of why we are here." he says in Shoanti but can be roughly understood by those present who do not speak the language.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Looking at the relics Sirius checks the wodden relics.
"What can you tell me about them?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Know religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Are these sculptures relics and artifact in a religious sense? I'm not that familiar with the Shoanti culture.

Grand Lodge

"Most of the exhibits displayed here were collected by my family and ancestors. Of particular note is the esteemed Montlarion Jeggare. Presently, some personal effects of his are undergoing restoration for public debut. Antiques from Korvosa’s founding, vestiges of conquered Shoanti tribes, and ancient rune-etched artifacts account for the bulk of the collection." the curator answers.

"According to our books, these artifacts have been checked by scholars of the Pathfinder Society, but this was long time ago. They did not find any magic on them."

Erhun:

It seems they are authentic Shoanti artifacts made from various plant-based materials, such as woven baskets, scraped-bark suits of antique elven armor, and similar relics. But they do not bear any signs of gods or deities. You know that Shoanti practice ancestor worshipping.

Perception DC15:

You hear a strange noise coming from above you. It sounds like something chewing on wood.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Have you ever heard of a False Rider? A man of your scholarly background might have some insight...

perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Mykel looks up towards the sound he hears over the chatter of the group.

What in the blazes....is that?

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Tenibri joins Mykel in a scan of the room's ceiling, trying to identify the source of the sound.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Troubles, I'll say.

Erhun readies his axe, just in case

Grand Lodge

"A false rider? A ‘rider’ may suggest someone mounted or else a proviso or alteration of some prior statement or decree. What are you looking at?" Mercival and also looks up, just a second before a cascade of wood dust heralds the fall of an enormous glass skylight which shatters upon the marbled floor followed by three swarms of shrew flies and a giant fly which spread out and start to eat through the wooden artifacts and books.

"What the... Quick, protect the artifacts while I get some help! I'll be back as fast as I can!" the courator shouts while running out of the room. Outside he continues to shout "Barney, Feng! Where are you, grab some scrolls and hurry to the Shoanty gallery! Insects! Insects everywhere!"

Inits:

Ini Arin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ini Mhazruk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ini Mykel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Ini Pai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Ini Sirius: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Ini Tenibri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ini Erhun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Ini Giant Fly yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ini Swarm blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Ini Swarm red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ini Swarm purple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

bold may act, map is linked in the campaign description

Round 1
Mykel
Pai
Mhazruk

-----
Swarm blue
-----
Tenibri
-----
Swarm red
Swarm purple
----
Arin
-----
Giant Fly yellow
-----
Sirius

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"What the heck?! Ack! Gross!" Pai exclaims as the insects swarm into the museum. She takes a few steps off to the side to gain line of sight on the farthest swarm (red) and lets off a blast of crackling lightening aimed right for it.

Kinetic Blast: Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 182d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

She takes 1 point of burn to use Extended Blast (range=120'), activating Elemental Overflow (+1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls).
Kinetic blasts always do full damage to swarms.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Fair warning, you are not going to like how I deal with swarms of pests. Needle get back here." he calls out while grabbing some devices from his coat. Fixing a bomb and tossing it towards the swarm of blue insects.

Bomb@Blue Bottom Left Square DC 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
13 Fire Damage. (2+7+50%) Reflex 16 for half damage.

"Been awhile."

Fixed some things as it has been awhile since I fought a swarm.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Oh wow, that's a lot of initiative blocks :)

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Take care of the swarms...I'm going after the big one.Mykel says as he rushes forward, blade out and ready to fend off an attack.

readying a parry riposte if attacked...will put in spoiler

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 251d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 5 = 12

Grand Lodge

Pai's blast misses the swarm, somehow the pests seem to evade the energy. Mazhuk tosses a bomb at the floor and the explosion burns away a lot of insects. Mykel rushes forward to attack the big beast.

The first swarm blue starts to eat an artifact.
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Ref DC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Round 1
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk
-----
Swarm blue -6
-----
Tenibri
-----
Swarm red
Swarm purple
----
Arin
-----
Giant Fly yellow
-----
Sirius

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Just to be sure about Something in the initiative list: I suppose "Arin" is in fact me, Erhun? ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

I hope not, I'd definitely like a turn :P

Grand Lodge

You are right, this should be correct now. Sorry!!!

Round 1
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk
-----
Swarm blue -6
-----
Tenibri
-----
Swarm red
Swarm purple
----
Erhun
-----
Giant Fly yellow
-----
Arin
Sirius

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Tenibri steps forward, getting closer to his target, and opens himself to Nethys' arcane energy, ever-present and always swirling through the fabric of reality. Using that energy, he quickly tears open a rift, opening a portal to the plane of air; he draws an elemental through, sending it at the farthest swarm.

Actions:

Move: 15'
Standard: spend 2 arcane pool to activate conjurer's focus to cast summon monster II, summoning a small air elemental


Eagle

The air around the swarm immediately begins swirling as the elemental attempts to suck up all the tiny little insects into its swirling control, flying up and out of the building as high as it can go!

Actions:

Standard: whirlwind attack (20' tall, Reflex DC 14) vs. red swarm
Move: 100'

Damage, B: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

I think the swarm, being composed of tiny, fine, or diminutive creatures, and susceptible to wind-based attacks, takes this damage and is susceptible to being carried away by the whirlwind attack. However, the text of the attack says that only creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental are subject to the attack. The swarm's size as a whole is likely larger than small, so it could be rules that the swarm is not affected. That interpretation doesn't make much sense to me, but I wanted to put it out there anyway. If the swarm, due to its size, can't be affected by the whirlwind attack, the elemental will just do a slam attack instead. Here is a die roll for that, just in case, using the same damage roll above:

Slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

If the whirlwind can work, I think it calls for two Reflex saves. The first is vs. the whirlwind attack to avoid being caught up in the winds and taking the initial damage. The second, at a -2 penalty (from -4 to Dex), is to avoid being carried away by the elemental, automatically taking the same damage every round. Flying creatures get to make the Reflex save (still at a -2 penalty) each round after to escape (they still take damage that round, but may leave the whirlwind).

Also note that, due to air mastery, flying creatures take a -1 penalty to attack and damage rolls vs the elemental. I assume that the elemental will take the swarm damage automatically while it holds the swarm, but the damage roll will take that -1 penalty.

Grand Lodge

Tenibri begins to cast a spell and an air elemental appears in the room. The elemental engulfs one of the swarms and attempts to carry it away.

swarm has fine indiviuals

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 vs. attack, no damage
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15 vs. being caught and carried away, success, stays where it is

I hope that I understood the ruling correctly.

The swarm with red flies moves over to the shelves to chew at a wooden bowl.
Swarm damage red vs. Elemental: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Damage v. bowl: 1d6 ⇒ 2 covered by hardness

moving throuhg whirlwind area, so I assume it has to roll reflexes again
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 vs. damage
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15 vs. being caught

The swarm with purple wings also moves over to one of the artifacts and starts to eat away a basket.
Damage v. basket: 1d6 ⇒ 4 covered by hardness

Round 1
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk
-----
Swarm blue -6
-----
Tenibri
Elemental
-----
Swarm red
Swarm purple
----
Erhun
-----
Giant Fly yellow
-----
Arin
Sirius

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Erhun uncorks his only flask of alchemical fire, and throws it toward the swarm on the right side of the room

Throw vs blue swarm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5 5*1,5=7 dmg

Grand Lodge

Erhun throws the flask at the swarm, but misses. The splash hits the swarm.
miss: 1d8 ⇒ 4

The giant fly tries to bite Mykel who was waiting for that and parries the attack. He strikes back but misses.
bite yellow vs. Mykel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Round 1 & 2
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk

-----
Swarm blue -7
-----
Tenibri
Elemental
-----
Swarm red
Swarm purple
----
Erhun
-----
Giant Fly yellow
-----
Arin
Sirius

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius moves in and attacks the blue swarm.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

With his allies moving against the thinner swarm near him he moves over to take out the purple hued insects.

"We need to to deal with them quickly before they destroy too much stuff in here and it docks our pay. I will adjust my bombs to avoid as much as I can."

Attack Grid: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20

13 Fire Damage. Reflex 16 to take half.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Mykel grins as he deflects the bug's attack, then growls in disgust as his return strike misses. He slashes at the creature, then readies to fend off another attack.

Stand still, insect..i'll make it quick.

attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 281d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 5 = 16

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 5 = 19

4/6 panache left, 5/6 if crit from parry/riposte hits...

critconfirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 132d8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1) + 12 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Temp HP: 5/5 | Non-lethal dmg: 1 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 1/7 per day | Active conditions: Enveloping Winds (20% miss chance for ranged weapons)

"Gosh dang it! I thought that was good!" Pai is annoyed that her last blast didn't connect with the swarm. (Wow: AC higher than 18. I don't see that every day.) She shifts her focus to the blue swarm, seeing as how the others seem to have a lot of action around them. Pattering closer so she can get a good shot, she focuses her aim on the writhing mass and again releases a sizable electric blast from the outstretched palm of her hand at the blue swarm.

Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 202d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8
Includes Point Blank Shot & Elemental Overflow.
Kinetic Blasts always do full damage to swarms.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

sorry...panache should be 3/5 instead of 4/6...derp

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Arin walks up behind Pai and places his hand on her shoulder...

10', move action
Cast guidance on Pai, +1 to next attack roll/save/check/etc.

Grand Lodge

Sirius attacks the swarm in front what weapon? but misses. Mhazruk throws another bomb and burns away more flies. While Mykel continues to cut the giant fly into pieces, Pai's blast hits the swarm and a lot of individuals explode. Arin blesses Pai.

Reflex vs. Bomb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Continue eating: 1d6 ⇒ 4 covered by hardness

Round 2
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk
-----
Swarm blue -15
-----
Tenibri
Elemental

-----
Swarm red
Swarm purple -6
----
Erhun
-----
Giant Fly yellow -16
-----
Arin
Sirius

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Bardiche. Slashing weapon, does half damage

Grand Lodge

sorry for the delay, botting Tenibri

Tenibri takes out a wand while he moves and shoots a cone of fire at the swarm on the left side of the room, carefully not to burn anything valuable.
Burning Hands: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The elemental tries to catch the swarm once more and begins to move it away from the wooden artifacts.
Reflex vs. Damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 fail
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Reflex vs. catch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 fail
Swarm red is caught by the elemental, moves it away and 100ft. up

The swarm desperately tries to get away from the whirlwind while the swarm next to it continues to eat wood.

Break out: 1d20 ⇒ 11 fail
Eat: 1d6 ⇒ 4 hardness

Round 2
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk
-----
Swarm blue -15
-----
Tenibri
Elemental
-----
Swarm red -7 (caught)
Swarm purple -9
----
Erhun
-----
Giant Fly yellow -16
-----
Arin
Sirius

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Erhun, cursing his own impreparation, moves toward the closest swarm, and tries to swat as much insects as he can with his axe

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15
2HDmg+PA: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

Erhun attacks one of the swarms with his axe, but is not able to kill many of the insects.

The giant fly next to Mykel attacks him. Mykel is able to parry the attack and the counter strike kills the giant fly.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Round 2 & 3
Mykel (P/R)
Pai
Mhazruk

-----
Swarm blue -15
-----
Tenibri
Elemental
-----
Swarm red -7 (caught)
Swarm purple -9
----
Erhun
Arin
Sirius

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius tries to hit the swarm again.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Arin approaches one of the swarms.

20', move action

He pulls a miniature whistle out of his belt pouch but cups his little hands around it as if playing something privately. When he opens his hands a barely-visible orb of shimmering air bursts forth towards the nearby swarm.

As it flies towards it he utters some harsh, guttural abyssal in a booming voice that seems like it shouldn't come from a humanoid so small. All the while his hair starts glowing a sickly yellow and floating about as if it was in water. You believe his eyes might be glowing in the same way but he has his back turned to most of the party.

Cast sound burst, standard action, 10' radius marked on map
Sonic damage vs purple: 1d8 ⇒ 3
DC 17 fortitude or stunned for one round.

1 to 50 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / What the Helms Hide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.