#10-16: What the Helms Hide

Game Master Baerlie

High Tier

Map

Ini:

[dice=Ini Arin]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ini Mhazruk]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Ini Mykel]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Ini Pai]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ini Sirius]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ini Tenibri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ini Erhun]1d20+1[/dice]


101 to 150 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Linguistics,Aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Erhun helps Mhazruk to peruse through the books, making an unlikely research tandem

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Tenibri immediately makes his way to the worktable with Tien objects laid out. Not wanting to leave any chance of missing anything, he retrieves two wands from his pouch and casts a spell from both.

Casting heightened awareness (10 min) and investigative mind (30 min) from wands.

He studies the items carefully, abundantly curious but not wanting to damage anything.

Knowledge (history), heightened awareness: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14
Knowledge (history), investigative mind: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

since you already uncovered all clues, there's no need to wait for the other skill rolls

Mykel notices a hidden compartment attached to the bottom of the totem. Within the compartment is a sketch of a man wearing a triple-flanged helm without eyeholes a black ring, and a scrawled note that says simply, Helven took the base of this totem for some purpose I cannot ascertain. Perhaps he has taken it to Absalom?

The papers consist of field reports and notes collected by Montlarion.

Spellcraft DC18:

The ring is a Dark Life Ring.

You look for clues in the Pathfinder Chronicles, compare the written words with the artifacts, tapestries and other things connected to the Shoanti history. Finally you come to the following conclusion(s).

Details of certain sites described in Helven Leroung’s published accounts differ from recent maps and surveys, suggesting she was never at those locations.

The word choice and syntax in Helven’s accounts are atypical of Chelish authorship, though suggestive of tales arising from oral traditions.

Depictions on some Shoanti reliefs predating the arrival of Chelish settlers bear striking parallels and similarities to Helven’s accounts.

Helven provided intelligence to Chelish forces regarding the location of a Shoanti tribe known to be plundering sites around the region.

Witnesses told Montlarion of a Chelish woman aiding a Shoanti tribe during the war before those Shoanti were slain.

Montlarion had an altercation with Helven regarding Shoanti artifacts, which turned violent.

You further find more background information about the Pathfinder Helven in the Chronicles and Montlarion Jeggare's notes:
Helven Leroung was a chelish noblewoman who sought acclaim as a Pathfinder. As the Everwar closed, she joined other Pathfinders in Varisia, exploiting archeological sites made accessible by Cheliax’s advancing armies. Yet, Helven sought a quicker path to prestige. Traveling out ahead of the advancing army, Helven ingratiated herself with a Shoanti tribe by warning them of an impending Chelish attack. She then secretly began transcribing the Shoanti’s oral tales of the region’s history, sites, and wildlife. He also encouraged the tribe to amass items of significance as “protection” from Chelish “invaders.”

Ultimately, Helven betrayed the tribe. She gave up the tribe’s location to Chelish forces, which garnered favor with many inhabitants of the recently-established Fort Korvosa, including Montlarion Jeggare. With the Shoanti put to the sword, Helven appropriated their tales and artifacts for herself. Laden with ill-gotten treasures, she left many relics in Montlarion’s care before departing on one of the first cargo ships to sail from the settlement.

Returning to Absalom, Helven recast the Shoanti tales as her own first-hand accounts, which were published in the Pathfinder Chronicles. Following a bloody internal struggle in the year 4411 AR, she then parlayed these accounts to secure a place among the first Decemvirate.

However, Helven’s stolen successes could not stand unchallenged forever. Helven returned to Korvosa, where the now Lord Magistrate Montlarion had begun to suspect Helven’s betrayal of the Shoanti, and the source of his supposed heroics. Montlarion questioned Helven and presented her with eyewitness testimony of a Chelish woman providing wartime aid to the Shoanti. The Korvosans demanded Helven’s ill-gotten treasures be confiscated pending further investigation.

Helven was furious and a fight erupted. Weakened, Helven fled to Absalom, while Montlarion died soon thereafter. Once divination magic confirmed all witnesses of his crimes had perished, Helven believed his secrets safe.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius concentrates on the ring and easely finds out its properties.
Occultist ;-)
"This one is nice. Quite situational, but nice!"

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"If that Eylysia attempted to kill Helven...I wouldn't have held it against her. It is a service I would have surrendered for free. Let is get this back to our Venture-Captain and pursue it further?" he asks the group.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Is it just me or does that narrative keep confusingly switching genders on the pronouns when referring to Helven?

The gnome looks uncharacteristically surprised by the conclusions drawn here. This has all been sitting here for some time, and it hasn't been put together before this point? I suppose when it comes to the Pathfinder chronicles all you have are the agents' notes. Still, I would think a verification and cross-checking process may benefit the society in light of this...

He nods at Mhazruk. Yes, Kreighton will definitely want to hear about all of this. I wonder if this will match his expectations for sending us out here.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none
Arin wrote:
Is it just me or does that narrative keep confusingly switching genders on the pronouns when referring to Helven?

It's not you. It does.

profession (artisan): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Pai examines the painted fans and other pieces on the table with Tien items, nodding along with her teammates as they discover things. "Yup, this info sure is interesting. Anything else while we're here? I guess we should send word for them to look for the base in Absalom, if we need to keep looking into things around here." I really wish I had time to just browse. Sigh. Oh, well. The painting on these fans is so exquisite!

Glancing over at what Mykel pulls out of the hidden compartment, Pai exclaims: "Oh, hey! Why is that guy wearing a helmet with no eye holes? Weird. Is that symbolism? Or maybe there's another artifact around here that it references?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Erhun shakes his head in disbelief and disgust.

This Helven has no honor, and she is a shame to the Pathfinders, in my humble opinion.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

This Helven must be called out for the deceitful scum he is. And as for the helm with no eyes...perhaps it is symbolic? Or the wearer has some extra sensory ability? That is way beyond my ken.

Grand Lodge

to speed things up a bit

You have all clues you need and return back to Absalom to meet VC Kreighton Shane. He listens carefully and thanks you for the successful investigation, but uncharacteristically says little more. He suggests you get some rest after your long journey back from Korvosa, as future assignments await you.

The next morning you meet him again. "I asked the archivists to look for the missing part of the totem. That might take some days, but in the meantime I have something else to investigate about. There were two more hints in Eylysia's notes about two other Decemvirate members. Here are the assigments, you decide where to go first. I'll await you here when you've finished both of them. Good luck. Excuse me, I do have another appointment." Kreighton says and provides two letters.

Letter #1:

Pathfinders,
Zaul Blystone was one of the more famous early Pathfinders operating around the time of the Decemvirates
founding. Tales of his deeds and exploits gave him a kind of folk-hero status during that time. He purportedly
recovered many magnificent relics for the Society, each tied to a grand tale, but the items themselves were
occasionally less ‘magnificent’ then the stories seemed to indicate.
According to her notes, Eylysia distrusted Blystone; she suspected many of his treasures were forgeries.
She further postulates that he may have kept the genuine items for himself. She was particularly interested
in Autumn’s Cowl, a headpiece allegedly discovered in the Arthfell Forest. Shortly before she disappeared,
Eylysia traveled to Arthfell Forest to investigate Zaul’s claims.
Eylysia’s only remaining note about her time in Arthfell is simply ‘A wayfinder will provide the path.’
As such, I have included a wayfinder with this letter in the event that such is necessary to find whatever
clues she may have left behind. I entrust you with the task of determing the truth behind the relic known
as Autumn’s Cowl. In addition, keep your eyes wide open for any further clues Eylysia may have concealed
within the Arthfell Forest. Tread with care Pathfinders.
Sincerely,
Kreighton Shaine

Letter #2:

Pathfinders,
From what I can gather, your next clue lies within an old cavern, not terribly far from a dwarven
outpost called the Rising Spire, which lies near the ancient settlement of Highhelm. I have little to go
on as Eylysia’s notes provide hardly anything more than a location and an odd reference to ‘an old noble’s
tale’. I have already made arrangements for your travel to the Spire and for an escort to the cavern. This
should be a relatively simple and straightforward task if you can solve this riddle Eylysia has left us with.
Sincerely,
Kreighton Shaine

Where next? :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Arin reads each of the letters in turn.

So, I now gather that Kreigton did approximately expect the conclusion we arrived at, and further trusts us to uncover more early-Decemvirate scandal. It seems the society was founded on more than one of the originals craving personal glory above all else.

He passes the letters around to the next member of the party to read.

My gut says we should continue on the trail of Eylysia, and follow up on letter #1. Maybe the clues for the second letter will be less ambiguous and vague by then.

He looks around to see how the group is feeling about their next step.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

"Honestly, every path is as good as the other. Let us start with one!"

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"Aye, the Decemvirate seem like a bunch of snakes but the Pathfinders are far from a lawful bunch. Good for business. The caravan and escort won't be happy if they have to wait on us but this should be short work. I have my own wayfinder so does someone else want to hold on to this?" he holds out the one provided by Shane.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Arin hands the wayfinder on over to Pai.

Someone else should take this in case my tongues curse overtakes me while we need it.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none

Pai accepts the wayfinder and tucks it into her handy haversack. She gives a chipper shrug and chirps: "First one's fine with me! Honestly, if we had a schedule to keep with the caravan, VC Shane wouldn't mentioned it." Boy, I feel kinda dirty, digging up all this dirt on the founders of the Pathfinder Society. It's almost like they weren't all that much different than the Apsis back then.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

First one sounds good to me as well...let's be off...with a stop at the winemaker first...I'm running a bit low...need to top up. Mykel says, sloshing the near empty wineskin to verify its level.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

Abyssal:

"So, still unable to speak normally in battle? Do you...uh...still do that other thing? The sweating."

Rook addresses Arin in another tongue while prodding him with a laugh.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Do you think we might need some special Equipment? I could get some alchemical fire flasks, in case we meet other swarms. They seem quite efficient, even if I am not the best aim.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Good thought....I should replace the one I used...excellent thinking Erhun...

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

And whatever happens, sir Therinor.. Don't drink it.

It seems the tall red headed warrior is totally serious about it.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Just because I like to drink...perhaps a bit too much....doesn't mean I do crazy things...ill advised and stupid, yes...but not crazy... Mykel says, trying to look offended.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa
Mhazruk Kruhl wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Rook addresses Arin in another tongue while prodding him with a laugh.

The gnome gets a slightly sheepish look before replying, in kind.

Mhazruk (Abyssal):
Hehe, not lately. One day I'll figure out who my divine backers are and the purpose of the curse and blessings. Thankfully the bad hasn't gotten worse, but my array of tools seems to increase.

He shrugs with slight resignation, as if to say, and I hope it keeps going that way

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius smirks and keeps silent!

Grand Lodge

Of course, you can do whatever purchases you want to.

You safely arrive in Arthfell Forest. The natural splendor of Arthfell forest falls away to a barrier of dried-out thorns that does little to obscure the lifeless trees beyond. Frigid winds whisper through branches that claw at the sky as a mist rises out from deep within the wood.

Near the wall you see somebody. A person with long teal hair covered orange feathers. You'd say it's an Aasimar druid making repairs on the wall.

Kn. nature DC10:

Creatures of the First World have called the Arthfell Forest home for longer than mortal memory. Conflicts between the fey range from mischievous fun to deadly serious.

Kn. nature DC15:

The Arthfell druids historically act as peacekeepers between human communities and fey. Since a schism divided the druids, those diplomatic connections have all but dried up.

Kn. nature DC20:

Andoren druids celebrate the changing seasons with holidays. The most important of these celebrations occur in spring, symbolizing new life, and autumn, symbolizing acceptance of death.

"Stop! Who are you? This is no place for travelers!" the Aasimar asks.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

Take 10 for 21.

"Be careful as this place is home to many fey and if you haven't interacted with any in the past...they are annoying at best and sadistic at worst." Rook warns including the other pieces of information as well. Feel free to read the spoilers.

---

Is it a settlement or like a border-wall?

As the approach the wall and the Aasimar calls out to them Mhazruk halts and replies.

"I am Mhazruk Kruhl, a merchant and these are my traveling companions but our purpose is not for travel alone. We have business here uncovering information about the past. May we have your name as well? Are you one of the druids that dwell here alongside the fey?" he asks.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Whoa, we mean no harm. I am Mykel...we are heading this way at the bidding if our superiors. We are investigating some inaccuracies that have cropped up. What miggt your name be, Warden of the forest?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none

"And I'm Pai! I love how you've done your hair! The contrasting colors are so lively!" Piping up and darting out from behind the big guys, Pai jumps up and down, waving energetically.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius leans on his polearm and adds.
"I am Sirius. Please, we just seek a place with warm beds and good food. It has been a long road."
Take 10 for 21 diplo

Grand Lodge

It's more like a thorny-bushes-wall that hides a special area in the middle of the wood, erected by druids to protect whatever is inside/outside.

"My name is Adelyn Rhinon from the Greenfire Circle. We protect the woods from what lies behind this wall. Strange mists and blight cause plants to wither and travelers to become lost. There are no beds or food behind this wall, only death. Do you have anything with you that guides you through the foul grounds?" the Aasimar asks.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Bull's Strength/3 Mins
Resources:
| Bombs: 6/9 | Extracts: (1st): 2/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 0/2

"Pai, do you wish to show them the trinket?" Rook quietly says.

Maybe it is indeed different than the typical wayfinder. Keyed to a location, perhaps.

He is lost in thought but also is also curious of the mists and blights of the area...for research. He decides to wait for the time being.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Tenibri waits and listens. Shaine sure had them venturing into some strange places to investigate this mystery.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none
Mhazruk Kruhl wrote:
"Pai, do you wish to show them the trinket?"

"Oh! Right! Yeah, we have a wayfinder, so we should be good. Thanks for asking!" Wayfinders are generally known, but I don't know if there's anything special about this one, so maybe a bit of caution, just in case...

Grand Lodge

"I see you are prepared. Good luck, Pathfinders." Adelyn says before he parts the thorns, revealing a foreboding woodland that fills the space beyond. Tall, naked trees are interspersed with the occasional needle-covered fir, and the ground is barren with no signs of fauna. The thicket is riddled with wards of illusion and enchantment designed to disorient travelers. Flying above the tree line is further befuddling as the trees appear to extend endlessly. Once you entered this area you see that the wayfinder's needle points to a different direction than before.

Can somebody do a survival check, please?

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 21*, t 15*, ff 19* | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 1/8; 2nd 1/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 1/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 0/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: ShOfFa

Hmm, what did we just talk him into letting us do? Are we sure we don't want to convince him to help us if he knows these parts so well...

Inside the thorn walls...

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

I think it's this way, but Pai, maybe you can find our way better with the Wayfinder.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I have no clue... the swordsman says, a little dejectedly

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Gnome Kineticist 4 | HP 43/43 | Non-lethal dmg: 0 | AC 18*, T 14*, FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1* | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/7 per day | Active conditions: none

Pai whips the wayfinder out of her handy haversack and consults it. "Hmm... Directions never were my strength. Dad always took care of that; I was just along for the ride."

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

She fumbles with it for a bit, then holds it out to anyone else. Sheepishly, she admits: "Umm, so I've never actually used one of these before. I was just carrying it. Anyone else want to give it a whirl?"

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Sirius shrugs and takes a whiff.
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
"I have no clue!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Maybe this way.. I guess..

Grand Lodge

GM:

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 ⇒ 16

You follow the direction on the wayfinder and it takes you about two hours to reach the center of the area. in that time a dense fog rolls in and obscures your sight.

Perception DC18:

You notice what appears to be a robed figure protruding from a tree.

Thick undergrowth chokes the ground in this open thicket, and clutching ivy climbs the posts and eves of an abandoned lumber mill on the thicket’s far side. Though the light of the sun should reach all but the darkest corners of this vine-covered garden, the air still bears an oppressive quality, as though neither light nor humanoid life is truly welcome.

Perception DC16:

In the distant, near the mill, you spot three plants that move.

Dark Archive

Male Half - Elf Occultist 4
Stats:
hp 31/31AC 16|T 10 |FF 16, F +6|R +1|W +7, Init +0, Per +12

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Whispering under his breath Sirius warns the others."There is a robed figure ahead."
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Leaning on his polearm he adds."And ahead there are three plants that somehow move!"
Quickly weaving a spell Sirius heightens his awerness.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Mykel nods in acknowledgement of the warning. He tightens his grip on hs blade in anticipation of a fight.

Get your glades ready...plants don't like sharp edges...

Grand Lodge

pushing a bit to finish before GD, you can of course buff you before you rush into combat

You move closer to the mill and suddenly three jack-o-lantern creatures rise from the vines on the ground and attack.

GM:

Ini Arin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ini Mhazruk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Ini Mykel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Ini Pai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ini Sirius: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Ini Tenibri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Ini Erhun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Ini JoL orange: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Ini JoL red: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Ini JoL blue: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Slide #2

Round 1
Mykel
Pai
Erhun
Tenibri
Mhazruk
Sirius
Arin

-----
JoL orange
JoL red
JoL blue

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

My axe is ready for them. Nicely spotted, shall I say, Sirius.

Erhun moves on the battlefield, using his speed to his advantage 40 feet spd before striking with all his might

Power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20
2H Dmg: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 3 = 19

Grand Lodge

The one Erhun attacked is dead

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Wayang Arcanist 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 13 (12 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (9 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 +2 | Perc: +12 +10, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: mage armor, heightened awareness

Before combat

Tenibri retrieves a wand of mage armor and quickly buffs his defenses.

Round 1

Moving swiftly to the treeline at the side, Tenibri focuses his energy, mirroring arcane motions with similar words to call a small ball of ice into his hands. He throws it at the jack-o-lantern in front.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: cast snowball and attack blue

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage, cold: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 6) = 17

Grand Lodge

red & blue are dead oO

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

Mykel rushes forward and slashes at the last creature.

attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 5 = 15

if still standing, he readies a parry/riposte

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 251d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 5 = 19

Grand Lodge

Nah, also dead

combat over

Mykel and Erhun, please do Reflex saves, pumpkins are exploding :)

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5, HP 54/54, F +4, R +9, W +4, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +9, Panache 5/5

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Erhun's axe cuts the pumpkin in twain.. and the thing explodes in its face!

101 to 150 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / What the Helms Hide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.