DM-Camris' IRONFANG INVASION Chapter 1: Trail of the Hunted

Game Master Camris

Part 2: BENEATH THE HEMLOCK BANNER
Fleeing the Hobgoblin invaders, the heroes battle not just hobgoblins, but the elements as they struggle to keep themselves and their ragtag band of refugees supplied with food, water, and shelter..
ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Play Tactical Map


501 to 550 of 663 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Taking the time to find Aubrin and make sure she was securely settled into one of the wagons as comfortably as possible, Faerith maintains her resolve, getting all the supplies safely stashed and turning her attention to the discovery at the bridge. "We should try taking them out at range first, before engaging outright,"


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

John speaks in a calm and cool tone.

”Yep, if they are dumb enough to be out in the open let’s fill them full of arrows . If that doesn’t work, soften them up, then maybe launch a volley attack to cover a team moving up to sweep and hold the bridge.”

He indicates towards the alchemical supplies.

”Does the recipe require you to prepare the charge in place? Or can you get it prepped now? Do you need fire to set it off?”


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Big John wrote:


”Does the recipe require you to prepare the charge in place? Or can you get it prepped now? Do you need fire to set it off?”

GM?


Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

"Right then, sounds like a plan, you folk start peppering the big guy with arrows and when i get a clear lane, Sebastion and I will put him down."

He began taking the moment they were preparing to put on the small breastplate they had found at the armory. He had a feeling it would be a long time before he had a chance to find any other armor.

"any healing we have handy? Got me and my best mate Sebastion a bit burnt from those crazy fire throwing hobs."

He added remounting on Sebastion and readying his lance.

Ready to get this party started when you all are :) Healing wise, Both Darry and Sebastion are down 3 hp. Not a huge deal i dont think. Darry is at 9/12 and Sebastion is at 10/13


HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+4 R+3 W +4 | Init +3 (+5 during surprise rounds) | Perception +7

Elandra nods to Big John "That's a really important question..."


M Elf Rogue (Guerilla) 2

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Sor slinks away to a sniping position.


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 1
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron says, "I rather like the idea of turning him into a pincushion... and that would likely be a good distraction while the explosives are set."


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

As she considers the creation of the stump remover, Faerieth draws the healing wand from her belt, activating it to heal the halfling and his valiant steed. Reaching into the wagon with the alchemical stores and potions, she hands a pair of potions to Big John and Sor, moments before the elf disappears completely, then hands a pair each to Arlen and Darry. "You four are pretty much our front line. In case one of us with the ability to heal can't get to you in the thick of things, better to have these on you."

CLW Darry: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW Sebastion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Crossing off the 6 healing potions from the inventory. Please add t your sheets. Guy's with munts got two for obvious reasons.

"Anyone else needs patching up before we make a go of it?"

I'll answer John's question as soon as I have an answer


Big John wrote:
”Does the recipe require you to prepare the charge in place? Or can you get it prepped now? Do you need fire to set it off?”

You can prep the charge either beforehand, or in place. If you have Orald's portable Alchemist's Lab, or one of your own, you can prepare it right now. When mixed together properly, the resultant charge is a kind of gel that can flow away if not in a waterproof vessel. It is also safer to prepare if on a well lit table with an Alchemist's Lab at hand. (Requires skill check) It can be detonated with slow fuse, fast fuse, any intense fire touched to it (like alchemist's fire or tindertwig), or a sharp jolt.

Any Craft (Alchemy) skill:
Setting the components takes 3 rounds and requires a successful DC 18 Craft (alchemy), Disable Device, Knowledge (engineering) check, or appropriate Profession check. Once the components have been set and fused, they explode in another 5 rounds. If the skill check to assemble the components fails by less than 5, the components are successfully set but explode in only 1 round.


As you approach the bridge...

Roll20 Phaendar Bridge
GoogleMap Phaendar Bridge
You may enter the map from any square in the lower left.

... you see a heavily armored Ironfang Legion hobgoblin standing on the stone bridge looking out over the ever changing river. He has a large shield and rank insignia higher than the ones you've fought so far.

There are also three wolves wearing spiked collars with legion markings. They padded about bumping up against him as he fondled them affectionately.

As the bridge stone railing provides partial cover, shooting at the hobgoblin's head and shoulders are a more difficult shot than you thought originally.


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I can assemble the charge now, if I use the alchemists' lab and properly contain the explosive. Once it's made I can use a quick, or slow fuse to set it off, or set it off immediately with fire or hard impact. That would be a lot riskier." Faerieth says as she looks over the notes again.

"Maybe if I put it together, and then use one of the invisibility options to set up the charge n the bridge without being seen."
she says, thinking aloud. "The fight should keep him busy, though the wolves would be able to locate me by scent if they got close. Also, once it's set we'll have just under a minute to get everyone on the other side of the bridge before it blows."


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 1
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron says, "I would imagine the wolves will join the melee rather than be trying to find you."

Is there anything near the bridge - by which I mean a rooftop archers could climb and shoot from?


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

”Let’s target the big guy first. Then the wolves will attack or scatter. Then we can sort them out. I’ve got one last burst left in me. Let’s make it count.”

”He is lookin our over the water, let’s strike before we lose advantage.”

Volley Fire gives us +1 attack up to +4 per shooter. If we shoot together that is a big bonus.

If the group agrees to Volley Attack:
Big John limbers up and draws back his weathered bow.

Longbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 +1 per volley shooter focusing on the big guy.
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+4 R+3 W +4 | Init +3 (+5 during surprise rounds) | Perception +7

Elandra nods, happy to take part in the volley.


M Elf Rogue (Guerilla) 2

From his hidden spot, Sor awaits the signal.


Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

With no real way to attack at range he lays in wait atop Sebastion with his lance. The first wolf or Hobgoblin that moves into range was going to get skewered.


Yaron wrote:
Is there anything near the bridge - by which I mean a rooftop archers could climb and shoot from?

The Inn is the closest platform you could shoot from at range (200ft), at least on this side of the river. But even from there, the bridge arches up and over the river is the highest point in a couple miles.

The Ironfang officer is going to have cover no matter what.


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Faerieth begins the work of putting together the explosive, working diligently to put everything together as safely and effectively as possible.

Craft Alchemy (w/notes): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 5 = 24


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 1
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Ok, then. Volley Fire it is, instead.

Yaron readies the bow and nods, "Concentrated fire. Good plan."


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

I think we will just have to move to range and release. We are kind of in the middle of nowhere. No easy approach or advantage.

”He will have cover, but at least he’s flat footed. Even if we wing him it will give us advantage. If the wolves come those with pole weapons can set for charge. The charge setter is the primary asset to protect. Let’s keep her safe..”


Faerith takes the time to do it right, and ends up with a heavy round bottom flask that has a narrow neck. The liquid inside is an amber, oily liquid that sloshes back and forth with unnatural slowness. The top is stoppered by a rubber cork. Uncorking it will start the five round count to detonation (or you can use the various fuses).


Sounds like you are going to lead off with a surprise round volley. Place yourselves within the first two squares of the lower left, then roll to hit!


HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+4 R+3 W +4 | Init +3 (+5 during surprise rounds) | Perception +7

longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 +Volley
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Elandra waits for the signal and then unleashes her arrow along with her allies.


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

I am pretty sure we haven't rested since the last time Arlen used the tactician ability to share Volley Fire with everyone. Is there some other means of everyone else getting access to the feat that I'm not aware of? Once the fighting starts then Arlen *will* offer a Far Challenge as a swift action before making his attack.

this map feels small. I wish we could initiate from further back. Does it look like we could sneak up to that tollhouse or whatever it is on this side of the bridge and climb up quietly without anyone hearing?


Arlen wrote:
Does it look like we could sneak up to that tollhouse or whatever it is on this side of the bridge and climb up quietly without anyone hearing?

You think you would need 5-10 minutes for someone skilled to make that kind of approach. You think that the way the bridge ramps up and the surrounding lack of foliage would give the officer an exellent chance of spotting whoever went that way.

How much time do you want to spend doing that? Your companions are about to fire.


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Once you all move in, I'll use the potion and set the charge at a point halfway across the bridge. Once the enemy is down, we'll get people moving across before I set it off." Faerieth says to the others as theyy begin the assault.

She remains at the front of the procession of refugees, preparing to race across the bridge as soon as it is safe t do so.


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 1
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron steps forward, quickly casting a spell as they close, before raising his bow and snaps off a shot.. Wish I could have started a new limerick, but we needed to shoot before he reacts to us..

Pre-casting Gravity Bow...
Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Ugh


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

Arlen will not go the route of sneaking to the house. He will challenge the dude as he fires, though.

+2 str composite longbow, attack, luring challenge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

Darry's action will be to charge the closest atop Sebastion when the archers loose.

prepared countercharge: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 if not a crit
added crit dmg: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2, 6, 1) + 4 = 18

If that is a crit that will be 27 damage to the closest opponent to the archers, if not, 9 damage


M Elf Rogue (Guerilla) 2

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


When everyone is in position and the signal given…
SURPRISE

Big John limbers up and draws back his weathered bow.
His shot rings as it deflects off of his target’s armor.

Elandra waits for the signal and then unleashes her arrow along with her allies. Her shot missed.

"Once you all move in, I'll use the potion and set the charge at a point halfway across the bridge. Once the enemy is down, we'll get people moving across before I set it off." Faerieth says to the others as theyy begin the assault.
She remains at the front of the procession of refugees, preparing to race across the bridge as soon as it is safe t do so.

Yaron steps forward, quickly casting a spell as they close, Pre-casting Gravity Bow...
…before raising his bow and snaps off a shot.. Wish I could have started a new limerick, but we needed to shoot before he reacts to us.. Unfortunately his shot missed.

Arlen will not go the route of sneaking to the house. He will challenge the dude as he fires, though.
In his enthusiasm, he way overshoots his target, the arrow lost in the darkened forest beyond the rushing river.

Darry's action will be to charge the closest atop Sebastion when the archers loose.
In a blurr of motion, Sebastion charged up the road and onto the bridge. When you see Derry again, you see Darry’s lance has been punched all the way through Wolf 1. It gives a brief yelp, then sags; slowly sliding off Derry’s lance to lay dead on the bridge.

Sor’s shot rang as it deflected off the steel plate armor of his target.

(npc) Ghosteye points a finger and launches an extended range cold blast.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 But he missed.


The hobgoblin turned around, shocked as arrows and missiles fell around him or bounced off his steel armor. His eyes finally locked on Arlen.

Round 1__________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Play Tactical Map


Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

In for a copper, in for the gold.

He thought to himself whipping the dead wolf off his lance. He kicked his heals into Sebastion again and charged forward trying to skewer more of the hobgoblins support.

charge! furthest wolf: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sebastion Bite furthest wolf: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

ride check to negate hit against sebastion if necesarry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Bah!"

He called out hoping the others were right behind him.

AC is currently 19, in theory the enemy has to hit over an ac 26 to touch sebastion :)


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

”Don’t let him stand on his own! Come on boys! Press the attack!”

My base movement is 40ft. f I can double move and melee attack, I will on the big Hob. If I can’t reach him I will move John as far and I can get him then fire an arrow at the big Hob.

If Melee:
Big John follows the brave halfling in and swings his broad bladed long sword at the big armored hobgoblin. He keeps his shield up knowing that this is not going to be an easy dance!

If Missile Attack:
Big John attempts to keep up with the brave halfling, but he can’t make up the distance. He gets as far as he can and snaps off an arrow at the armored hobgoblin hoping to find his mark!

To Hit: 1d20 ⇒ 17 +4 for melee attack, +2 for missile attack
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4 +3 for melee attack, +0 for missile attack


HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+4 R+3 W +4 | Init +3 (+5 during surprise rounds) | Perception +7

Not wanting to leave Darry in trouble all by his lonesome Elandra moves up and summons forther another eagle which comes crashing down with a smite on the big hobgoblin.

charging bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
damage + smite: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

@ Big John. You can double move and attack if you have a straight line to charge. If not you can either double move, or move and attack (ranged or melee)


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 1
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron thinks, Well, at least nobody's in my line of fire.. as he raises his bow, takes a breath, and releases another shot.

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Wow, that's helpful. Should have started my performance after all.


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

"That's right, come at me, you filthy murderer!” Arlen shouts at the hobgoblin as he fires another arrow.

+2 str composite longbow, attack, luring challenge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

As the others begin to press the attack, Faerieth keeps the villagers spirits high, ensuring that they remain ready to rush across the bridge when given the signal, a lit smoke stick.

She watches the fight on the bridge, waiting for all of the enemies to be fully engaged before moving to set the charge.


Round 1__________________

Darry kicked his heals into Sebastion again and charged forward trying to skewer more of the hobgoblins support.
He missed with his lance, but Sebastion caught Wolf 3 for minimum damage.

Big John attempts to keep up with the brave halfling, but he can’t make up the distance. He gets as far as he can and snaps off an arrow at the armored hobgoblin hoping to find his mark!
His shot found his mark, dealing modest damage to the armored hobgoblin.

Not wanting to leave Darry in trouble all by his lonesome Elandra moves up and began the full round summoning of another eagle…

Yaron thinks, Well, at least nobody's in my line of fire.. as he raises his bow, takes a breath, and releases another shot. But he missed wide.

"That's right, come at me, you filthy murderer!” Arlen shouts at the hobgoblin as he fires another arrow.
But his shot skipped off his targets armor.

As the others begin to press the attack, Faerieth keeps the villagers spirits high, ensuring that they remain ready to rush across the bridge when given the signal, a lit smoke stick.
She watches the fight on the bridge, waiting for all of the enemies to be fully engaged before moving to set the charge.

(npc) Sor fired again… He landed a nice hit, dealing minor damage.

(npc) Ghosteye points a finger and launches an extended range cold blast. … [ooc]He also landed a nice hit, dealing minor icing damage.[/ooc

(npc) Russet holds back, waiting for orders.

Wolf 3 snarled and leapt at Derry.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 But missed.

Wolf 2 snarled and lunged at Sebastion.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 But Derry shifted in his saddle so that the wolf missed the bite.

The armored hobgoblin screamed aloud…

Goblin language:
”Get up you fools! To Battle! To fight for the Ironfang Legion!”

Trembling with eagerness he brought up his crossbow and takes a shot at Arlen…
light crossbow attack vs Arlen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 for a possible 1d8 ⇒ 1 damage.
… then drew his sword and deliberately lumbered towards Arlen, his eyes burning red.
Goblin language:
"THIS one is MINE!"

There is a scramble of arms and armor, then the door to the construction shed crashes open; disgorging a number of disheveled Ironfang Legionaires. They look like they’ve been drinking and having a good time, but they charge to attack with great enthusiasm.


Round 2___________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Play Tactical Map


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 1
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron turns to face the newcomers, and sighs, Right, let's do this quickly.. He begins his next baudy, "There once was an Ironfang legion / A pack with simply no reason / They came into town / And were promptly cut down / Leaving nothing behind but their fleas...in" Ok, fine, it's a stretch, but at least the magic's not critical..

Begin Inspire Courage: +1 competence bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves v. fear and charm


M Elf Rogue (Guerilla) 2

shortbow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Sor shoots an arrow at one of the approaching goblins. The second one.


Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

attack, from on top of sebastian: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sebastion bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bringing his axe down at the front wolf right before Sebastion snapped at the other wolf.

Ride check to avoid hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+4 R+3 W +4 | Init +3 (+5 during surprise rounds) | Perception +7

Monster Tactician lets Elandra summon as a standard action from her pool just like a summoner.

Elandra takes advantage of the bard song as she moves closer to the bridge and takes a shot at the hobgoblinl in the doorway.

Inspired BPS: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Elandra's eagle follows after the large hobgoblin, continuing it's assault.

inspired bite: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
damage + smite + IC: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Potential Eagle AoO if the big hobgoblin moved away.:

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage + smite: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

Arlen moves out into the road but away from the approaching sergeant.
should be able to move 20'-30' diagonally up and to the left to get a clear shot at the sergeant
Then he nocks an arrow and lets it fly.

+2 str composite longbow, attack, challenge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


Male N Megafauna (Megaloceros) Cavalier Mount 2 for Arlen Ducote | HP 28 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +2, low-light vision, scent | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None.

At Arlen's direction, Russett charges forward to attack the hobgoblins by Big John.

gore, attack, charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

As the others fully engaged the enemy, Faerieth removes the stopper on an invisibility potion, squeezing Aubrin's hand briefly before downing it and fading from sight.

Min duration 3 mins or until she attacks someone


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

Big John charges the column of hobs steaming out of the shed with his sword and shield up!

”For Phaendar and the Green! Let’s thin their numbers out a bit!”

His broad bladed sword sweeps down seeking to take vengeance for the town burning behind them!

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 18
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


Apoligies to Elandra; her eagle is summoned that round at struck the hobgoblin for minor damage. And when the hobgoblin charged at Arlen, struck again for more damage.

501 to 550 of 663 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' IRONFANG INVASION Chapter 1: Trail of the Hunted All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.