DM-Camris' IRONFANG INVASION Chapter 1: Trail of the Hunted

Game Master Camris

Part 2: BENEATH THE HEMLOCK BANNER
Fleeing the Hobgoblin invaders, the heroes battle not just hobgoblins, but the elements as they struggle to keep themselves and their ragtag band of refugees supplied with food, water, and shelter..
ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Play Tactical Map
Southern Fangwood regional map


651 to 700 of 717 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

lost my post. I'll try again later


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Quote:
Beating a hasty retreat, Faerith is almost to the end of the bridge when a bright red flash that briefly lit up the overcast sky, and an almighty BOOM kicked her forward, where she sprawled stunned at the end of the bridge.

Getting up slowly as the ringing in her ears begins to fade, Faerith looks back, her eyes taking in the horror and carnage of her former home, the macabre scene blurring as the tears form. As Sor comes over to check on her she blinks away the tears, focusing on the present. There would be plenty of time to mourn. ”Thanks Sor, I’m alright, just a bit more banged up than I’m used to.” she says to the scarred elf, while trying to smile away the pain. ”That and a little out of breath, hours hiking through the forest, I’m fine, running not so much.”

She takes a moment to study the buckler and the unusual pouches filled with dust, whispering a spell to perceive magic as she does.
Cast Detect Magic
Spellcraft (dust 1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Spellcraft (dust 2): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

I have no idea what that is apparently

As they direct the refugees into the forest, she puts her expertise to use, working to find the most relatively safe zone for them, selecting a suitable area for use as a privy, generally keeping herself as busy as possible to avoid thinking of the worst, though it definitely doesn’t escape her that there are no young children present, a deeply crushing fact that only the urgency of the moment keeps at bay.
As the others who have taken the role of protectors deal with the situation, most notably John, who seemed to be alternating between a complete meltdown and trying hard to inspire righteous fury, the half elf goes into action, setting up a camp, making sure those least equipped or conditions for the wilderness had enough to keep them as warm and dry as possible. She moves among them, finding out what was needed, taking stock of injuries, quietly providing comfort and a feeling that they were not alone in this, until everyone is settled and she herself gives in to exhaustion. Finding Aubrin, she finally lets her emotions take over shedding tears for those they’d lost until there were none left., and drifting off into a fitful sleep.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Survival DC 15 Gain a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saves against severe weather while moving up to half your overland speed, or gain a +4 bonus if you remain stationary. You may grant the same bonus to one other character for every 1 point by which your Survival check result exceeds 15. The 12 most vulnerable gain +4 on all weather/environment related Fort saves throughout the night.)

THE FOLLOWING MORNING
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite the exhaustion, and everything she’d been through the previous night, habit awoke Faerith shortly before dawn. Greeting the light rain with more appreciation than most, the druidess allows the downfall to wash away much of the despair of the past night, making the pain and loss a little bit easier to bare.

Looking over the still sleeping collective of worn-out survivors, she takes a walk to the fringes of the thrown together encampment, her walk through the forest as much of a meditation as foraging, reaching out to the natural world around her where she felt most at home. They would need her ease in the wilds to survive out here. Gathering different herbs and other materials she’d need she find a quiet spot to brew a few of her remedies in the peaceful quiet of the morning, the clouds completely blocking out the sunrise though, through her innate sense of the world around her could feel anyway.

As others begin to awaken, she takes stock of the condition of their rag-tag group, considering their options and seeing what the other survivors and protectors thought.

"They're right. Anyone the hobgoblins didn't outright kill, they took to make their slaves. I'm genuinely not sure if that's any better."


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron watches John's speech, and nods, The sooner they think of themselves as fighters and not victims, the better... But we can't let them fall into hatred, despair or hopelessness.... I'll let John's words take hold for a bit before starting to lift their spirits.

In response to Faerith, Yaron shakes his head, "I doubt that it is better, with one exception -- slavery isn't necessarily permanent. Slaves can be rescued."


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

As the others see to immediate needs of the survivors, Arlen considers next steps.

"We need to keep moving. We need to find a place to establish a more permanent camp. Something protected and difficult to find. Then we'll need to settle in and think about how to strike back: maybe gather any other escapees and think about rescuing some captives."

GM, aren't their rangers in this Forest? Nirmathi Irregulars or something? Pretty sure Arlen is on a road to become one of those


M Elf Rogue (Guerilla) 2

"Any builders or hunters among ye? Food and shelter are top immediate priorities." Normally Sor would defer to others in big decisions but this was his home and he knew the score.


At Big John's thunderous speech, the refugees simultaneously broke out into applause as well as edged nervously away from him.


Aubrin looked up from where she leaned against a tree and smiled weakly at Big John.
"A good start. Well done."


Darry:

You find the rolled up carpet, improbably large with a couple of shifty looking commoners that apparently used it as shelter in the night.

Appraise DC12:
This is a large (12x25) and very expensive Quadirian spidersilk carpet. Now exposed to the light rain, it's color fastness has lost the war and is now staining the ground around it, it's value plummeting as you watch.

Knowledge:Local DC12:
The two are a couple of Rock (bald, strong, built like a fireplug, kinda dumb) and Hamster (tall, dirty blond hair, twitchy).


Arlen and Knowledge:Local DC13:
You know that the Chernasardo Rangers have a redoubt out here somewhere in the Fangwood forest, a base from which they operate to oppose Molthune raiders and wild monster infestations.


Sor wrote:
"Any builders or hunters among ye? Food and shelter are top immediate priorities."

At this question, there was a lot of chatter as some people raised their hand, then lowered them, then started to talk animatedly among themselves as to which one they were and how others who raised their hands really weren't.


Jet stood forward.

"Ahem." She coughed delicately.
"EVERYONE LISTEN UP! EVERYONE OPEN YOUR PACKS AND COUNT UP YOUR SUPPLIES!"
"MOVE IT!"
She shouted, her voice carrying easily over everyone's chatter like the crack of a whip.

Everyone started to open their packs and lay out what they were carrying for inspection.

Jet backed up and gestured to Sor.
"Over to you."


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Faereith smiles as Jet quickly puts an end to the commotion, organizing an inventory of supplies. "I can supplement what we have, and any hunting with foraging at dawn. I can also make sure there's clean water."


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

”Good idea Jet, I was going to arm’em up, but let’s get more distance first.”

”I’ll chat with Aubrin real quick and call a council.”

FemNPC7 wrote:

Aubrin looked up from where she leaned against a tree and smiled weakly at Big John.

"A good start. Well done."

John walks over and kneels down.

”I should be pissed at you you know.”

He wags a finger before taking the woman’s hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

”You’re the one that convinced me to come to the party, but I guess you have the right to be pissed, because you aren’t going to be allowed to retire just yet.”

”Heh! Looks like I am back in the active reserves. Heh heh.”

He licks his lips and gets more serious.

”We blew the bridge as ordered ma’am. The next primary objective is to survive in order to escape and evade capture, but if you have any specific orders or suggestions I stand ready for them.”

”I can’t say we’ve got a squad here yet, but we do have a few good operators.”

He swallows.

”How long until you can ride? And I’m not asking you, what did the medic say?”


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron nods at Arlen's suggestion, "I agree that our first priority needs to be finding a safe spot to use as a base -- at least once we've fed everyone this morning. Does anyone know of a hunting or logging camp nearby that we could use?"


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

knowledge local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

The halfling sat there for a moment scouring his mind for the name of these folk. He should know them, but he couldnt remember them at the moment for the life of himself. What he did know, was that rug wasnt worth much of anything anymore.

"Hey you two. What do you think you are doing with that rug there eh? Not going to be worth any sort of coin in just a few hours way its bleeding its colors everywhere with this rain. Tell you what. We can use that blasted thing to cover folks from the rain, or to make some sort of rought cloak or the like and maybe save some lives eh? Think how the other folk will look at you when they see how thoughtful you were to try and get shelter for everyone eh?"

diplomacy to convince them to hand over the rug: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Back with the others when it was mentioned spots for a base or hideout he merely frowned and shook his head from side to side.

"Sorry folk, Back in my Militia days me and Sebastion here were used mostly as a messenger unit. I've got a little bit of survival skills but nothing that will be a lot of good here, scouting, fighting and flanking are what we are good for. Just let us know what you need done though."


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

"I think the Chernasardo Rangers have a redoubt somewhere in these woods... Maybe we should head for that."

GM, does Arlen know where it is?


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron perks up at the statement, "That would certainly work, if we can find it."


Faerith wrote:
"...I can also make sure there's clean water."

Anyone with ranks in Knowledge:Local will know that there are many small streams and rills in the Fangwood forest, and there are frequent light rains during this season.


Counting up what everyone had in their packs, saddlebags and the carriage, Jet counts up 42 Provision points.
One Provision Point sustains a person for 1 day and consists
of a half-gallon of fluid (clean water, or ale, broth, cider,
goat’s milk, or sheep’s milk) and 3 to 5 pounds of stable
food (apples, berries, bread, dried boar, dried venison,
hard cheese, mushrooms, nuts, pickled vegetables, and
smoked trout).


"Ladies, gentlemen." Jet said, approaching you all.
"Counting up everything everyone brought with them and the victuals in the carriage, we have most of two days of food."

Her gaze wandered over to one of the boxes that the two guys with the carpet had with them. She suddenly dashed over to them in a fury and pointed at it.
"WHERE DID YOU TWO GET THIS?!" She screamed in their faces.


"What, that? That was down in the cellar. Supplies, wot?" Ventured Hamster, cringing back with Rock from Jet's fury.


"With a LOCK on it? THAT IS THE VISITORS SAFE YOU THIEVES!" She screamed. And you are pretty sure that she is going to whip them to death right there.


Aubrin the Green looked up at Big John.

"Nicely done John. With the bridge down, we've bought maybe two days before they can get troops across to pursue.
"I don't know if scouts are out yet, but I would be surprised if we're more than half a mile from the bridge. We should get a few miles deeper into the forest don't you think?
"As for riding," She rasped, "Not yet. I'm going to be flat on my back for a while yet. I don't see anyone else with my injuries; I'm beginning to suspect I was singled out for special attention. Do you know if anyone kept the bolt I was hit with?"


Darry wrote:
What do you think you are doing with that rug there eh?

Hamster makes a halfhearted defense of where they got the carpet ("we found it, it's ours") but Darry is able to browbeat them into using it as an emergency shelter for more people than themselves.

You note that despite not being colorfast, the rain appears to roll right off of the carpet fibers.


Arlen and Knowledge:Local DC16:
You know that the Chernasardo Rangers have a semi-secret redoubt down near the SE edge of the Fangwood forest.


Big John wrote:
Can the cavaliers tell about the quality of the horses held by the squire and noble?

Cavalier or Ranks in Profession:Stable Master:
Looking at the two horses, you see that the Squire has a light combat trained horse, but otherwise not distinguished.

The landed knight, Sir Etienne, has a light horse that isn't combat trained, but is a beautiful glossy light grey shading to dark grey from top down. The product of extensive breeding and very expensive.
The horses drawing the carriage are heavy horses, otherwise undistinguished.


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

we are on the west side of the forest, right? Sounds like that might be far away... How many miles or days of travel?

Arlen answers John by sharing what he knows about the horses quick post before I finish preparations


When Arlen and the others put their knowledge of the Forest together, they come up with a rough map of known locations in the region.
Southern Fangwood rough regional map


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

Arlen proposes getting the people to the ranger redoubt and then venturing to the other camps nearby (trackers and loggers) to gather them before the hobgoblins reach them.

another short post here; sorry for the terse content


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
FemNPC2 wrote:

"Ladies, gentlemen." Jet said, approaching you all.

"Counting up everything everyone brought with them and the victuals in the carriage, we have most of two days of food."

Her gaze wandered over to one of the boxes that the two guys with the carpet had with them. She suddenly dashed over to them in a fury and pointed at it.
"WHERE DID YOU TWO GET THIS?!" She screamed in their faces.

FemNPC2 wrote:
"With a LOCK on it? THAT IS THE VISITORS SAFE YOU THIEVES!" She screamed. And you are pretty sure that she is going to whip them to death right there.

Faerieth rests her hand on Jet's shoulder, forestalling the fiery woman unleashing violence on the pair of ne'er-do-wells. "Now I'm sure these two weren't planning on keeping it for themselves were you?" she says, pointedly staring down the two, making it clear that an unleashed Jet would be the result of the wrong answer. "I'd like to believe that they happened to catch something we all missed in the chaos and hadn't had time to bring it to your attention yet. But would now be happy to hand it over."

Pausing for a moment to let her words sink in, she faces Jet, "Oh and between what's in everyone's packs and what we managed to gather when we were getting things together we have an additional 2 days worth of food. Between hunting and foraging we can probably stretch that out to a week."

I'd likely have held on to the bolt, either to check it for poison or for Aubrin to have as a souvenir once she recovered


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

Big John squeezes Aubrin’s hand again.

”I will get them further in Ma’am. Jet is already acting as quartermaster and we have some scouts and possible outriders among us.”

He responds to her question about the bolt that ran her through.

”I think the healer, Faerieth, might have the bolt head. I know at one point they were talking about cutting the shaft of it off. I . . . um . . . Well, I . . . I went a little agro on their entry team . . . kind of had a flashback to the breaching at, um . . . Well you know.”

John changes the subject.

”Heh, I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it into your party to be honest. You know how it made me feel to be around other vets at times. I only brought my gear for old times sakes. You bade me to keep my gear ”just in case”—so I did. Frankly I was planning on giving you my sword to hang over your fireplace for a momento.”

Whatever John was avoiding begins creeping back into the conversation.

”I don’t have anyone else to leave it to that would care about it.”

He clears his throat.

”Anyways, looks like you were right and the “rainy day has come” and I needed my weapons. I guess my skill set will may be useful in our current crisis.”

He stands up and looks around hoping to distract Aubrin from looking at his face.

”We have several youngsters to worry about, we’ll be busy. Heh heh.”

He turns back.

”Anyway, you need to rest so we can use your spells. Doc is dead and I don’t want you getting sick and taking a permanent dirt nap. Heh.”

He face gets serious and his eyes find hers.

”They took the little ones Aubrin. The Hobs have’em. Once this is done, I’m going back in for them. Sor said they rounded up my little ones for slaves.”


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.
Arlen Ducote wrote:

Arlen proposes getting the people to the ranger redoubt and then venturing to the other camps nearby (trackers and loggers) to gather them before the hobgoblins reach them.

another short post here; sorry for the terse content

wanted to make sure everyone saw this. I think this is a sound strategy


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Who exactly is he proposing it to? Might be more likely to get a response knowing that


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron nods at Arlen's suggestion, "Seems reasonable, but I don't know enough about the area to confirm that's the best approach."


Male NG Human (Nirmathi) Cavalier (Luring Cavalier/Beast Rider) 2 | HP 21 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Favored Terrain (Forest) +2 | Active conditions: None.

I thought Big John called a council. Arlen was suggesting it to the other PCs and whomever else was at the council, like Aubtin


With Jet Subtlety restrained by Faerith, the two ne'r-do-wells eagerly hand over the armored lockbox to Jet.

Looking it over and shaking it so it rattled, Jet snorted with disgust.
"Blast it; I left the key back at the Inn."


When Faerith pulls out the bolt that had pierced Aubrin the Green, you all can see that it is a Ballistae bolt (a kind of super-heavy crossbow). You can see, aside from blood, there is a kind of greasy sheen on it as well as the tingle of enchantment as you handle it.
To examine it properly, I will need Appraise, Detect Magic and Craft:Alchemy rolls.


Big John wrote:
"They took the little ones Aubrin. The Hobs have’em. Once this is done, I’m going back in for them."

Aubrin the Green

Aubrin nodded.
"I know John. And you should go back and rescue who you can; just as soon as these refugees have been settled someplace more secure than here."


Moving forward, a Council is called where it is decided that this day will be spent warming up the refugees with campfires and warm meals. Tents and rain shelters will be assembled for the night.
You also get a chance to meet Sir Etienne Sidonius, a perfectly polite landed knight of Taldor.
Aubrin the Green urges you all to journey down south to the redoubt of the Chernasardo Rangers and ask for help.


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Studying the wicked ballista bolt the grievously wounded Aubrin, Faerieth notes the greasy sheen on it as well as the tingle of enchantment and casts a spell to enhance her ability to perceive the magical spectrum.

Cast Detect Magic
Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Agreeing wholeheartedly with the need to get everyone warm and fed, restoring strength for the coming trek, the druidess fully throws herself into making preparations, setting up shelters and gathering additional food and guiding the hunters to the best possible hunting grounds.

Survival (Gain a +4 bonus on all Fortitude saves against severe weather if you remain stationary.): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

You may grant the same bonus to one other character for every 1 point by which your Survival check result exceeds 15. If a couple people want to Aid Another we'll cover an additional 2 people with each successful aid.


Do you have a consensus of where you want to travel to? The Chernasardo Rangers redoubt isn't the only place you can go to, and it's farther than some closer places.


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Which are? Due to the pace I think we need the options laid out for us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling HP 20/20 AC21/14/14 Fort:+6 Ref: +4 Will: +1Acrobatics +3, Bluff+2,Diplomacy+6,handle animal+7, Intimidate+2,Ride+5,Stealth +3,Sense Motive +4

the rangers honestly seem like the smartest bet even its a bit further away. but other options would be great. Darry's not a thinker and im trying really hard not to insert my army ranger trained ass into his mind. *lawls*


Southern Fangwood regional map

When the people with local knowledge put together a map of possible places to visit for resources or campsites, you see the locations of a logging camp and an orchard. You also note the possible locations of a Hermit, a Hunters Camp, and the local redoubt of the Chernasardo Rangers.


Female NG Half-elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6(+8 ench) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"While the Chernasardo Rangers redoubt might be our best bet in the long run, we'd heve to be exposed for a brief moment, leaving the cover of the forest." Faerieth says, considering the map. "Also, the logging camp may be better for at least temporarily sheltering everyone, while passing through the orchard would supplement our supplies."


Skills:
(Climb: +4; Diplo: +7; Escape Artist +6; Know(Local/Nature) +4; Perform (Comedy, Dance) +7; Sense Motive: +5; Stealth +7; UMD +7)
Male Half-Orc (Chelish) Bard (Arrowsong Minstrel) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 18/18 AC: 16/13/13 [+2 v. goblinoids]; Percep: +5 [+7 v. hidden]; Init: +3; Fort +3, Ref: +8, Will: +5; CMD: 15; CMB +2; Speed: 30)

Yaron looks at the map and then says, "The orchard seems literally on the way to the Rangers - unless the trails wind in a different direction. So I'd think we'd make that stop along the way - or the way back. But, I think I like the idea of heading to the logging camp first - if only because I'd imagine a group of strong woodcutters with axes would be useful in keeping everyone safe while we're exploring.... though having shelter would be another plus."

He pauses then asks, "Would it be naive to suggest we do it as a loop? Head to the logging camp, then down to the rangers, and the orchard on the way back?"


Human barbarian 2, CG, HP 26/26 Init +1; AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield), Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2, Senses +7, Speed (30)40 ft Uncanny Dodge

”I would like to get to the rangers, but keep in mind they are a military target for the Hobs and might already be engaged or deployed.”

”I think we get further in, start training our people up, and drift toward the rangers by leapfrogging from site to site. Maybe we can pick up food and gear along the way.”

”The logging camp must surely have ready made shelters. I am sure there would be material resources and wintering supplies, animals, etc. to be had there.”

”The loggers may not know about what’s happened or may even know more or about other things we don’t.”


Faerith is surprised to note that the arbalest bolt that struck Aubrin the Green has TWO fluid injectors; one on each side of the armor piercing point.
Carefully doing basic tests, she determines that one reservoir contained Deathblade poison and the other contained Terinav Root poison.

When she examined the magic on it, it looked to her that there were two separate enchantments as well.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
She discovered that there were runes carrying two different Bestow Curse spells (expended now). One aimed at Con and the other reducing Dex.


With Jet taking over refugees camp, fires were lit and the fugitives enjoyed a warm meal for the first time since they were forced to flee.
The rest of the day was spent fashioning tents from the canvas looted from the Trading store, and turning the spidersilk rug into rainproof capes for those who had nothing else to wear against the endless chill drizzle.

651 to 700 of 717 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' IRONFANG INVASION Chapter 1: Trail of the Hunted All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.