Skyfall- An Only war story

Game Master Solar27

Map of current fight
This is a Warhammer 40K story set on the world of Skyfall, where 5,000 years ago demons and angels warred in the heavens and broke the sky. Now pieces of that war rain down upon the land and you are the Scavanger teams sent to reclaim those pieces of lost technology that might survive, from an area called the Skybreak.

This is your life and it's not an easy one, the Skybreak takes as much as it gives but it gave you hope of better times.

At least it did, until they came


101 to 150 of 638 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ogryn

Dunc looks on with confusion at Jak's explanation. Not much of the explanation penetrates his mind. The words Dunc and lifting resonate with him and he takes a step forward intent on lifting the whole OCD.

"K, Dunc lift!" he says with much enthusiasm.


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak's servo-arm extends to bar Dun's way, and Jak turns his head to speak over his shoulder, "It is not yet time to lift, Dunc. I will tell you when it is time to lift."


visiting family so I'm away from my computer and books, but, would minor telekinesis help? Not sure how heavy this thing is, or how much it could lift.

Davien keeps an eye out while the others do their thing.


Minor telekinesis wold move something small but not anything this big. Generating a guest of wind might clear the mist away.
Scanning with an auspex is a tech-use roll, though you have to say what your scanning for first.

Jak walks towards the OCD sinking into the mist until his head is covered.
An acidic smell fills his lungs as he breathes in the mist.

Make a toughness roll

If you fail the toughness roll:

Gain one level of fatigue and one additional level of fatigue for every 2 degrees of failure

To diagnose make a medicae test based off perception with a +20 or a flat perception roll:

This is a pocket of naturally occurring toxin. You should be able to make an antidote.
With a medicae roll at +20 based off int


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

Medicae for Jak 61 or Less: 1d100 ⇒ 60 4 Wounds back for Jak so
Scholastic Lore Chymistry 51 or Less: 1d100 ⇒ 54

"If you've got to Jak. Can we encase it in metal or clay or something to stop the radiation daemon blood thing?"

Say if you're injured and I'll heal you!


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Right. But a few posts back I did say I was using the auspex and rolled for it.
Perhaps I was not clear enough what I was scanning for.

T 35 +20(respirator unit).
Toughness vs 55: 1d100 ⇒ 56.

As Jak steps down into the mist, the acidic scent of it filters through even the respirator unit gifted to him by the Enginseers. Though it has minimal effect, it is enough to sap his strength and distract his mind.

Per 36 +20(auspex) -10(fatigue).
Perception vs 46: 1d100 ⇒ 70.

Not wanting to jeopardize the mission any further, Jak withdraws from the crater. His voice sounds more mechanical as it is now being filtered through the vocabulator within his respirator unit, "There is something wrong with this mist. It smells of acid. I am registering a reduction in my performance of 9.87% from baseline." He turns to Krevlor, "Your medical assistance has been most beneficial. Perhaps you can do something to protect us from the effects of the vapor?" Jak raises the Auspex once more, scanning the mist to try and identify it and determine its toxicity.

Int 48 -10(fatigue)
Tech-Use vs 38: 1d100 ⇒ 34.


Sorry completely missed that.
The auspex determines thst the gas is a naturally occuring toxin.
For more details open any of the spoilers about the gas above


Ogryn

Dunc begins to become agitated, his brain slowly grinding against the order to stand down. The Ogryn tries again and again to understand why he doesn't just lift the thing out of its crater. Again he asks the only answer he keeps coming to. "Dunc lift now?"


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

No worries. I wasn't sure if I didn't say clearly enough what I was doing:)

Not really understanding the medical details of what the auspex is telling him, Jak holds it out to Krevlor, "Perhaps this will help."

As Krevlor looks over the Auspex, Jak turns fully to Dunc taking a deep breath as if about to do something difficult, "No lift, Dunc. Bad gas hurts lungs. Lift might break thing. Lift later. I will tell when to lift."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ogryn

"Dunc lift not now? Dunc eat." The wave of happiness that washes over Duncan as he sits and eats from his pack is palpable. He promptly ignores the goings on and pesters Val to read to him from the book he keeps lovingly tucked in his sack.

"OK, OK you big lunk. Section 3, subsection vi. When a man has been shot by a solid projectile... you listening Dunc? Ok, When a man has been shot by a solid projectile it is important to ascertain if the missile is still present in the body. This is easily done by checking for an exit wound. If the missile passed right through, bandage up both wounds. The exit wound is always larger and more serious than the entry wound. If the missile is still lodged... and he is out cold... you guys can wake him when he is needed, I'm gonna grab some grub."

Dunc has begun snoring loudly...


Ogryn

Going to save time since I'm guessing the group is going to want Dunc to pull this thing out of the dangerous environment.

After much effort, the band awakens the sleeping giant. "Huh?" Is all the beast manages, but that is enough to show his brain is running at full speed for all its simplicity. After but a moments explanation, Dunc happily trundles into the mist and goes to lift the great contraption out of its crater.

Toughness 40: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Heft 28: 1d100 ⇒ 30 Well that didn't work...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Heft is a +0 test and your strength is 48 so that's a success

With a grunt of effort Duncan lifts the Talkspire and lifts it out of the mist.

I'm assuming that you want to access the recording first
Your able to retrieve some information from the Talkspire but it's encrypted.

Make a tech use at +0 or a Scholastic Lore (Cryptology) at +20 to decode it (either activating the inbuilt decoding or doing it yourself).
Open the spoilers equal to your degrees of success


/++START TRANSMISSION
"This is acting Captain Tigus to

1:
Orbital shipyard 5, initiate emergency undocking procedure for the Morning Glory
. I repeat seal all entrances to and from the
1:
Morning Glory
.This is not a drill, we have a
2:
mutiny occurring on board
. Some of the refuges we picked up from Vectori had something with them. Some kind of
2:
Xenos with 4 arms
.It had the refuges under it's control and the
2:
Astropath just started screaming about bees
. I had to put him down.

I can't let this thing escape.
It's cutting through the blast doors. I don't have long.
I know I haven't given you enough time but I'm starting the emergency self destruct. Please forgive me.
If any of you survive this listen close, they look human but their not. Check for a

3:
third arm
.
{Metal screeches in the background}

Your already too late you bast" END TRANSMISSION++\


Ogryn

For some reason I thought it was an athletics test...

Having done his work, Duncan happily goes back to napping while the others work on their find.


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak turns to Notch, "You have skill with machines, yes? Perhaps you will lend your assistance in the retrieval of whatever data is stored within the Orbital Communication Device?"


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"Dunk's actually got the right idea, quick rest is best for you. This message scratched onto the bulkhead isn't anything new. take a break and clear your head with some food before you have another run at it."


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

"You have a point, Krevlor. It is probable that I am still impaired from the effects of that toxin." Jak looks around at the group, "But perhaps we should not simply linger here by the impact crater. Can we rig the OCD for transport?"


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Toughness: 1d100 ⇒ 53

"I'm feeling pretty sleepy. I'll have a nap shoon...hey, doc, got any shimms?", he says, looking at Krevlor.

Notch is visibly swaying more as he rides.

2 levels of fatigue. Any more and he passes out!

"Lez 'ave a look at dis.", he mutters.

Tech-use 34: 1d100 ⇒ 56

"Soundz like sneeks got in.", he utters sagely.


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"Sleeps free, stimms are a resource. Jak and Notch take a break. Dunc's already ahead of you. I'll keep watch, anything happens I'll keep Dunc."


The group takes an hour to rest, after which the sun has slipped below the horizon and darkness covers the land

Remove all fatigue from your characters


can multiple people try to decode the info?


Yes


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

The best approach, imo, is to assist the one making the roll. The GM can tell us how many can assist and each person assisting (effectively) adds a +10 to the roll. If it is successful, each person also adds +1 DoS.
The caveat is that each person assisting has to be trained in the skill.

After resting, Jak asks Notch to join him at the OCD, "Come, Notch, let us discover the secrets contained within."

Extending the finger probes of his electro-graft, Jak connects his MIU to the OCD. At the same time he connects to his dataslate, setting it to receive the data from the OCD so there will be a permanent record of what they learn.

Base 48 +10(MIU) +10(assistance)
Tech-Use vs 68: 1d100 ⇒ 24, 7 DoS.
If MIU or assistance is not usable, then only 4 DoS.


With a soft click and a whir the transmission decrypts itself.
No restrictions on assist except what's in the books


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Yeah, I'm feeling better after the sleep. That gas is dangerous stuff. And I'll assist, yeah."

Add +10 to roll and 1 DoS, so 9 DoS total


cryptology1-60: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Here, let me help, I've worked with stuff similar to this before.

As the message is decoded, a frown shows across Daviens face.

men with three arms? 4 armed xenos? What do you guys think it was?


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

Krevlor had been working on cooking something up when things were finally decoded he came over to see what the fuss was about. "They say something about checking for a third arm... I guess we'll have to start doing checks back at base. Doesn't sound too tough to check for."


Working together your quickly able to create a travois for the TalkSpire and hitch Duncan up to it.
By the time you set off the world is shrouded in darkness and an eery quiet has settled on your shoulders.

Awareness at -20:

You see man shaped figures following you and the glint of steel in their hands.
There are about 5 of them

Psyniscience:

You see the souls of 5 men following you.
One of them shines as brightly as you.


Ogryn

Awareness 18: 1d100 ⇒ 61

Duncan continues to pull his sledge without a care in the world.


quietly, a little bit after Davien notices the entities, Davien offers Notch and Krevlor a drink before saying quietly.

don't react oddly. We are being followed, 5 men, one may have similar abilities to me.


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Awareness 15: 1d100 ⇒ 86

Taking the drink in his hand, Notch quietly replies:

"Good spot. Can you clue us in on which one is like you?"


Davien to answer Notch's question make a Psyniscience roll based off perception. Though be warned things in the warp don't line up exactly with the material realm and exact location can get lost or distorted


sorry lol. forgot it was actually a roll. 2 degrees of success I think? if that matters.
psyniscience1-50: 1d100 ⇒ 27


Ogryn

Duncan puts down his burden and takes up his ripper. "Dunc go now. Dunc good soldier." He smiles as he turns around and starts walking back the way they had just come. "You guys talk Dunc now.


To speed this up I'm taking away the spoiler
Davien:
You can sense the presence of the other psyker to your east in a wooded area

The rest of you watch as Duncan walks away into the darkness followed by his loyal ant.

Map of current fight


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Notch reacts swiftly to the lumbering ogyrn's departure.

"Dunc, *stop*.", hisses Notch, slowly trying to catch up on his own ant.


Rolls and stuff:

Jak and Krevlor awareness
Jak: 1d100 ⇒ 26 Jak is able to detect them with the auspex
Krevelor: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Initatives
Psyker: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Minions: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Notch: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Jak: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Krevlor: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Duncan: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Davien: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Against Duncan: 1d100 ⇒ 49
Damage unless Dodged, Concussive(1): 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Order=
Jak,
Notch,
Davien,
Psyker,
Duncan,
Minions,
Krevlor

"Then hear my words and know fear" a voice shouts from the darkness, catching everyone but Jak by surprise


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"Damn it Dunc!" Knowing its too late Krevlor settles for chastising Dunc


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

As Dunc turns to lumber off into the darkness, Jak swiftly consults the auspex noting the locations of the approaching creatures. His voice is loud and firm as he announces to the rest of the team, "Auspex contact! Five targets, seventeen meters, heading two eight zero!"

Jak raises his lasgun to his shoulder and turns his ant to face the unknown figures. All hesitation he had in firing on an unidentified enemy vanishes as one of them speaks threateningly, and Jak lays down a furious barrage of fire in the direction of the enemy.

Using the suppressing fire action.

Shooting Math:
Base 28 +10 range -20 suppressing fire -30 darkness.

Suppressing Fire vs -12: 1d100 ⇒ 11.
Unless the darkness does not affect the chance for suppressing fire to hit, there is no possibility of scoring a damaging hit.


This is more shadow than darkness so it's a -20

pinnings:

Psyker: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Minion: 1d100 ⇒ 77
Minion: 1d100 ⇒ 8
Minion: 1d100 ⇒ 23
Minion: 1d100 ⇒ 65

Three of the figures dive for cover behind trees No prone penalty
Two stand unphased.
"Fools who dare despoil, your strength is mine"
1d100 ⇒ 43 Toughness damage to Duncan (opposed by toughness test): 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
The second figure takes aim and fires his pistol.
Shot at Duncan: 1d100 ⇒ 48 Right leg Damage unless dodged: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Top of the round
Order=
Jak,
Notch,
Davien,
Psyker,
Duncan,
Minions,
Krevlor


Ogryn

1d100 ⇒ 54 Toughness is now 35

Duncan feels strangely weaker, but still shrugs off the pistol fire without noticing he has been hit. His smile fades as it sinks in that the new people are not going to talk to him, all he wanted to do was talk.

Waiting on psyker as his action may change Duncans, or may kill duncan.


Davien tries to pinpoint the enemy psyker before unleashing his power on him.

You couldn't handle my strength if you tried..

spontaneous combustion1-65: 1d100 ⇒ 38
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Pen 0, flame quality. PR 2, (unfettered)

He then moves to get behind the nearest cover available to him.


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

As soon as he gathers his wits Krevlor dive behind the tree and draw his laspistol, dragging Diane with him.


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

What is the action for the Crushing Charge, or where can I find it listed?


Ogryn

Crushing Charge
Type: Full Action
Subtype: Attack, Concentration, Melee, Movement
The rider puts his Mount into a sprint, offering a fearsome
display of speed and aggression. Few can stand up to such
raw power, and many foes break before their attackers even
reach their lines when faced with a cavalry charge.
The Mount’s rider has it move towards a target that is at
least four metres away but still within its Charge Move (see
Table 1–4: Structured Time Movement on page 33 of
the Only War Core Rulebook). The last four metres of the
Crushing Charge must be in a straight line. Once the pair
reach their target, the rider makes a single melee attack by
making a Routine (+20) Weapon Skill Test. If he succeeds,
he inflicts one hit that cannot be Parried on the target, and his
target must make a Challenging (+0) Opposed Strength
Test against the Mount or be knocked Prone.

They are found in hammer of the emperor.


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Thanks. Well, here is hoping I don't die from this...

Jak spurs his mount forward calling out to his companions, "Now! Hit them while they are disorganized! FOR THE MACHINE!" Jak lines his mount up with one of the standing shapes and the ant rocks up into its maximum charging speed. At the last moment, Jak's servo-arm snaps forward with terrible power to try and crush one of the enemies.

Base 39 +20(charge) +5(craftsmanship).
Charge attack vs 64: 1d100 ⇒ 57.
Damage: 2d10 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4) + 14 = 19I, Pen 10.


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Notch roars as he spurs on his mount.

"KILL 'EM!"

crushing charge 51: 1d100 ⇒ 22


Rolls and stuff:

Psyker dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 44
avoid fire: 1d100 ⇒ 54
Will: 1d100 ⇒ 7
Agility: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Minion dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 13
I'm assuming Notch is using his warknife
Warknife damage: 1d5 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Strength: 1d100 ⇒ 87

Psyker=10
Minion1=4

The enemy psyker catches fire and falls to the ground screaming.
"Help me you fools" he screams. Duncan feels his strength return.
One of the minions dodges out of the way of Jak but is trampled by Notch and knocked prone.
Order:
Duncan,
Minions,
Krevlor,
Jak,
Notch,
Davien,
Psyker


Ogryn

Duncan stops while his companion kneels and lines up her shots to help keep the heads of their enemies down. He pulls a nobbly piece of steel and twists the head arming the impact portion of the grenade... and promptly forgets to yell what he is supposed to yell when he throws one.

Aimed at the bright burning target 31-20+10+5:26: 1d100 ⇒ 8 Well that was a nice throw
2d10 ⇒ (7, 2) = 9 Blast 3

Ready, Standard attack, ranged volley.


Rolls and stuff:

Psyker dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 14
Minion dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Minion dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 12
pinning minion+30: 1d100 ⇒ 36
pinning minion: 1d100 ⇒ 49
+30 as only one minions was shot this turn
Takedown against Jak: 1d100 ⇒ 77
Shoot Duncan: 1d100 ⇒ 94[oocGun jams[/ooc]
Takedown Charge Jak: 1d100 ⇒ 51
Primitive 7: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Takedown Charge Notch: 1d100 ⇒ 45
Primitive 7: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Psyker=10
Minion1=4
Minion2=6

The Psyker and one of the minions are able to dodge out of the blast of the grenade.
Two of the minions draw truncheons and charge Notch and Jak, landing an attack on their mounts.
The last one points his pistol in shaking hands but is rewarded with only a dull click as the weapon jams.
Order
Krevlor,
Jak,
Notch,
Davien,
Psyker,
Duncan,
Minions


burndamage: 1d10 ⇒ 8 for psyker, ignores armor.

Davien lets the the strange powers flow through him again, If the psyker is still moving and screaming from the fire, he once again focuses his power towards him. If not, he turns his attention to one of the closer minions. focusing his strength through his arm towards them and causing their blood to boil and burn.

spontaneous combustion1-75: 1d100 ⇒ 41

45 base, +10 focus, +10 from power, +10 from psyrating(unfettered)
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 flame, 0 pen.

101 to 150 of 638 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skyfall-An Only war story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.