VampByDay's SFS 1-01 game, the commencement (Inactive)

Game Master VampByDay

Newly graduated Starfinders are asked to help around Absolom Station while acquainting them with the ins and outs of the starfinder program.

Slides


351 to 387 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"BANG!"
Igna fires at Ratrod.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Oh No! Lemgem, what happened?" GalDCCII shouts questions at her monitor as anyone can tell you ALWAYS inspires the contestants on the other side.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn grins behind his mask as Lemgem is sidelined. "Alright, lets see what this thing can do."

Piloting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Seeing that he will have to wait, Akkedis finds a suitable vantage point to watch the race and looks for snack vendors. "Excellent shot Igna!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"Thank you, sir! Oh... snacks?!'
Igna starts to move away from the gun-- before realizing the mission is important and remaining.


Igna’s shot is right on target, but to her horror, as the energy blast hits, circuits and light on RatRod’s bike light up and a pair of secondary hover-stabilizers pop out! He’s somehow routed power from the shot to power some extra stabilizers.

Hitting Ratrod with an energy attack gives him a +4 bonus to piloting, instead of penalty for this round.

Radrod returns the favor by hitting your racer with an emp device. -4 to your piloting checks this turn.

Any stability gained by hitting RatRod’s racer with an EMP is lost as Veolocity slams a sandbag round into the bike, staining the new stabilizers. Veolocity hits and gives Ratrod a -4 to piloting checks

Orsis and Nyizin trade paint but don’t manage to effect each other overly much.

I’ll get to the race rolls when I get home today and have access to the vehicle stats. For future rolls Gulkyn, make sure to take into account your bike’s +6 to handling.


GM Rolls:

Nyizin driving: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ratrod driving: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Orsis driving: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
veolocity driving: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

The Hit to Leboni's racer right out of the gate makes the bike unsteady, and Gulkyn has to reorient himself slowly around the first turn
Roll failed, half speed

Ratrod shoots ahead and leans in hard to a turn, relying on the power of his newly activated stabilizers to get him through, but the sandbag round from Veolocity sends him off course and he's forced to slow down too.
Roll failed, half speed.

Veolocity revves their engine and barely manages to make it past Leboni and Ratrod.
Roll succeeded, full speed.

Orsis and Nyizin race along down the track until Nyizin hits a button on her racer. She suddenly shoots ahead down the track, easily taking first, her engine glowing red hot. She hits another button and several fins of her bike fold out, held hovering in place by some electromagnetic field. This acts as a huge heatsink but also presents a tempting target.
Both Roll succeeded, full speed. While Nyizin's bike is in 'heat sink mode' you surmise it would be extremely hard to miss.

End of Round 1, here are the stats:
Lead: Nyizin- 750
2nd: Tie- Orsis and Veolocity: 500
4th: Leboni- 325
Last: Radrod-225


Round 2: Start shooting some more

GM Rolls:

Nyizin Shooting at Orsis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ratrod Shooting at Leboni: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Orsis shooting at Nyizin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
veolocity Shooting at Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna giggles as Ratrod's dirty trick did not help... then she fires again.
"At who?! Nyizin?"
Round 2 Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Will do

Gripping the controller in two hands, while adjusting the settings with another, Gulkyn tries to get back on track. "Damn! Looks like our weapons will be less than useless against Ratrod. Igna, go after whoever else is in the lead! But not Veolocity."

Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 6 = 19

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"NYIZIN! Take that, let us past!"
at Nyizin

Dataphiles

Genderless Android | Spacefarer | Mechanic (Exocortex) 2| SP: 0/12; HP: 13/16; RP: 5/5 | BAB: 1; EAC: 14; KAC: 15; CMD: 23 | F+0; R+6; W+4 | Init: +3; Perc: +9; Spd: 30' | Str+1, Dex+1, Con+0, Int+4, Wis+1, Cha-1

Akkedis lets himself enjoy the spectacle, and enjoys the somewhat gladiatorial nature of the race.

Posting random to confirm I'm still here. Go power rollers!

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"YesYesYes! Go Velocity go! Go Leboni!"
If only the Spirit Rider of Ratchickan, Galdur XIX, could guide us. GalDCCII is unable to cast guidance and ask for her ancestor's help.


Sorry, I misread the statblock on Nyizin, overdriving her engine gave her an extra 200 speed, not 250. I have fixed the error. It changed very little.

Ratrod tries to get another shot off at Laboni, but having to slow down around the turn has drastically thrown off his aim. Miss

Laboni manages to pound Nyizin presenting such a large target.

Nyizin fires a shot at Orsis, but his massively shielded racer easily deflects the blow.

Orsis however, has an easy time targeting Nyizin and hits her.

And though Veolocity's shot isn't on target, her beanbag round does manage to clip one of the extended heat sink fins.

Results
Leboni-not hit
Nyizin: hit three times: -12 to piloting
Orsis: Not hit
Ratrod: Not fired at

GM rolls:

Ratrod piloting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Nyizin piloting: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (11) - 6 = 5
Orsis piloting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Veolocity piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

The multiple hits to Nyizin's racer throw it off so much that it spins out and stalls. It takes her a second to restart her racer, and she retracts the fins. Critical failure-Nyizin makes no progress.

Ratrod gets his bike under him and surges forward.
Orsis and Veolocity keep racing neck-and-neck at full throttle.

Without the interferance of being shot at, Gulkyn is able to line the racer up on a straight line and really open the throttle up.
Everyone else succeeds

Round 2 total
Tie for First: Orsis and Veolocity-1000
Third: Laboni-975
Fourth: RatRod-775
Last: Nyizin-700


Round three shooting start!

GM Rolls:

Ratrod shoots Laboni: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Nyizin shoots Ratrod: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Orsis shoots Veolocity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Veolocity shoots Orsis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna targets Orsis... and fires!
Round 3 Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Igna manages to sneak an EMP shot in between the armored ceramic plates of Orsis's racer, causing his vehicle to malfunction slightly. meanwhile, everyone else seems to be firing off randomly with few if any results.
Everyone else misses

Igna, just to make sure, you are taking into account that your gun imposes a -3 penalty to firing, right? Don't worry, you still hit even with the penalty.

Moving on to piloting rolls.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis munches on some unidentified meat snack bought from a wandering vendor as he watches the race.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

Watching excitedly, GalDCCII munches on some unidentified meat snack bought from a wandering vendor.

lol ninja'd!

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Getting the feel for things finally, Gulkyn tries to close the gap between Laboni and the front runners.

Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 6 = 27


GM Rolls:

Nyizin driving:: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Orsis driving:: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 4 = 18
Ratrod driving:: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Veolocity driving:: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Nyzin tries her booster again but the sudden power it gives from a dead stop is too much for her, and she veers all around the track.Fails check by less than 10, 1/2 speed

Everyone else, however, keeps driving forward unimpeeded, even Orsis, despite a good shot from 'Leboni' messing with his vehicle.

Round 3 total
First: Laboni-1625
Second& Third: Orsis and Veolocity-1500
Fourth: RatRod-1325
Last: Nyizin-1050

Again, Nyizin extends her tailfins as a heat sink.


Time to start Round 4 Shooting!

GM rolls:

Nyizin shooting at Ratrod:: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Orsis shooting at Laboni:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Ratrod Shooting at Veolocity:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Veolocity shooting at Orsis:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"WE ARE IN THE LEAD!", Igna jumps up and down excitedly, and inadvertently sits on the firing array while doing so, sending a shot right over the head of one of the judges.
"OOPS! Sorry!"
nat' 1

Round 4 Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 3 = 3

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

With no one if front of them, Gulkyn tries some evasive maneuvers to keep from getting hit. With limited success.

Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 6 = 24


GM Rolls:

Nyizin driving:: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Orsis driving:: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Ratrod driving:: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 4 = 25
Veolocity driving:: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Nyizin continues failing to get her vehicle under control failure by less than 10, half speed

Meanwhile everyone else does swimmingly, despite the fact that hits Ratrod and Orsis hits Laboni, everyone keeps chugging along without problems.


Round 4 total
First: Laboni-2275
Second& Third: Orsis and Veolocity-2000
Fourth: RatRod-1875
Last: Nyizin-1425


Round 5 Shooting Begin!

GM Rolls:

Orsis shoots at:Laboni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Veolocity shoots at:Orsis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Ratrod shoots at:Orsis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Nyizin shoots at:Ratrod: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"Take out Orsis, take out Orsis..."

Round 5 Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 3 = 10

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Punch it Leboni, punch it!" The hyper pink armor booms as the dwarf jumps up and down cheering.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

"Hold on Leboni," say Gulkyn over the comm unit. "Hold on tight." He then flips the switch to overload the engine and give it a boost of power.

Using the overload trick we learned from Nyizin for +50% speed
Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 6 = 29

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

His usual Vesk façade begins to show his excitement as Akkedis anticipates victory.


As Gulkyn overloads the engine, the Starfinders’ vehicle roars forward with far more power than the frame was intended to contain. The front noes flies into the air as Laboni holds on for dear life, eyes shut tight. The thing crosses the finish line right before the engine, hover-treads and handlebars give out. The other racers are at least six seconds behind.

”Oh my, in an impressive upset the Starfinders’ bike has won!” the announcer shouts over the comm system.

you guys win no matter what anyone else rolls. I’ll get to the post-scenario wrap-up as soon as I get home and get to work on your chronicle sheets.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Over-excited, Igna starts shooting the racer's gun into the air: "We won, yay yay yay!"


The celebration continues on for at least half an hour before Radazam calls you back to his office. On the way back, you catch an infosphere-wide broadcast where Laboni formally apologizes for any degrading remarks she said about ratrod, to which the Ysoki grudgingly accepts.

Upon turning up to Radazam's office, he greets you warmly and congratulates you on a job well done, and sweetens the pot by providing you access to some new top-of-the-line light armor that has just been cleared for junior starfinder use, as well as a generous stipend.

With that, your everyone's comlinks receve a transmission from Guidance (the AI that started everything) that their 'commencement operations' are over and that they are officially recognized as Starfinders. She informs you that your job performance was "above expectations" and that she has wired your pay into your bank accounts. She also lets you know that your assignment has concluded and that you are now 'off the clock.'

Fridays are busy for me. But I should have the chronicles out by Saturday.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar gives his team a charming grin, "I'm sure that armor is great, but Zeizerer..."

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

"Now that's what I call a finish!"

Nice job everyone!

The Manifold Host

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

Shi! NEE! the young pathfinder shouts. She can barely contain her excitement amongst the jubilant crowd. You did it You did it You did it! she shouts at Gulkyn and at gunner Inga.

'Shiny, she repeats at the AI's pronouncement. thank you everyone.


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

WOOOO! Good job erveryone!

351 to 387 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VampByDay's SFS 1-02 game, the commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.