VampByDay's SFS 1-01 game, the commencement (Inactive)

Game Master VampByDay

Newly graduated Starfinders are asked to help around Absolom Station while acquainting them with the ins and outs of the starfinder program.

Slides


301 to 350 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1
Vampire GM By Day wrote:

Gulkyn and GalDCCII become fatigued from the radiation (Sorry! I didn’t write the scenario!).

Meanwhile, Zaknar figures out where the creature must’ve burrowed through to cause the damage it did and eventually manages to find the little guy in a nest it’s created in the wall. The creature seems scared.
Using akkedis’s survival check from earlier.
Akkedis calms the creature down enough to coax it out of its hidey-hole and everyone can head back to the upper decks when they want.

At work right now, will post a more substandial update when I have access to the scenario tonight.

How long does the fatigue last?

"What is it? Why does it burrow like that? Is it causing the radiation with its burrow or does it generate it? the vanguard questions. Spending almost her entire life on a starship gives the creature a terrifying apsect.

"Are the kids OK? How much radiation did they suffer playing with their pet?

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar shrugs, "I don't know. I'm surprised we are not killing it. That is what would be done on Apostae. It is a pest, it gets exterminated. To the other question, its burrowing caused the radiation to start so I imagine that the young humans had sealed and trapped the door by the time that the radiation go that intense." He shrugs yet again, "But hey, I am no scientist. You could poke them a few times to see how they respond."

*************************

Zaknar listens to the Vesk venture captain and the rest of his allies. He nods in affirmation to Akkedis' question. "Yes, are we to kill the competition or do we have to best them? Oh and, by 'kill' I mean something unfortunate and random happens, of course. This Ratrod sounds like it lives a dangerous life with perils at every turn. Also, he is a ysoki so will anyone really even care if he dies?"

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1
Vampire GM By Day wrote:
He looks at you like he's half-expecting a few questions.

"Can't we spend more time in the Armada?" the dwarf asks. "We only got to see one ship!"

"That is a terrible thing to say Zaknar." GalDCCII's face looks as if she had bitten into a bad tomato at the Ysoki comment.

"Good Day. Radasazmin," she says to to the faction head. Then asks, "Is that your pet?" as she tries looking into the aquarium for the source of the glow. "Is that a new office?" and "Would you like a tomato plant?" "Or some Strawberry Machine Cake?" she brightens at the thought.

"Do you think Laboni and Zaknar would get along?"
"What kind of race is it?" Can he tell us more? "Ratrod sounds pretty cool though. What kind of sportsman is he? Do we have to make him look bad? Having a celebrity like Ratrod as a Starfinder could go a long way." She starts scrolling through some of Ratrod's most up-thumbed videos.
"Is this Laboni worth protecting? Does a trash-talkers that gets in over their head over a race really help the cause?"
"Do you think I can get in the race myself? On a hot pink..." what kind of race was it again?"


The vesk rubs his chin for a bit.
"Well, having him arrested won't really solve our problem will it? We need to prove that we can back up our claims. That means racing by their rules and hopefully winning.

The rules, as I understand them, are simple. Competitors have a set amount of time to build a bike, and then they race them along a 3000 foot track. Only certain weapons area allowed, EMP projectors, bolos, things that can impede a racer's bike but not harm the rider. First across the finish line wins. Racers are allowed a pit crew to help them with the bike, I've taken the liberty of signing you all up, and that's about it. Sabatoging any other racer's bike is strictly forbidden. First offense, the offender is kicked out. Second offense, the entire team is kicked out and given a lifetime ban. So, don't do that. . .

Oh, and Zaknar, remember, this will be broadcast to hundreds of thousands of people on the infosphere. The last thing we need is for them to think the starfinders are cheats or worse, people who murder people in a friendly sporting event. Might have to schedule you for more sensitivity training before I okay your graduation."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"Don't Ysoki purchase your weapons, Zaknar?"

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar looks generally unfazed by the surprise at his comments and says casually, "I mean, they are at least half rodent." He then turns to Igna, "Actually, not very often. I my experience, ysoki are statistically indignant at the price of Zeizerer's quality weapons. The number of times I have heard, and I quote, 'Well that is ridiculous! I could make that for at most half that price!'. They are truly unpleasant. That they occasionally make breakthroughs in technology is their only redeeming quality and even then I hesitate to give them that credit. Even a broken timepiece is right once a cycle, and you don't place a lot of value in a broken timepiece."

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn listens patiently to his faction leader. "So, another child causing trouble for the rest of us? Well, have no fear we should be able to hold our own with the racing rabble."


It's easy to make your way to Botscrap (where the races take place) because your halfling pilot heads there as soon as you dock, apparently a fan of the races. She wishes you the best of luck as she goes off to find a seat in the stands.

A young human approaches you on the race track and you recognize her as Laboni from the picture Radiszam sent you.

"Oh, oh thank goodness you're here. I-I didn't mean for all of this to happen. I was just hanging out with some of the senior engineers helping to repair the Master of Stars and they got to drinking and trash-talking ratrod . . . and I kinda . . . aped what they said later and the wrong people heard and . . . it all spiraled out of control."

Leboni looks frazzled and almost beside herself.

"I've been working on the bike for a bit. I think I've got a functional basic bike going, but it won't stand up to the stuff those guys over there got unless we upgrade it fast!"

Time for a new mini-system!
So there will be four rounds. Each round, Each PC can do one thing. They are:
**1-Upgrade Leboni's racer. A Computer/Engineering (work on upgrading)/Perception(find parts in the junkyard)/Physical science (use science to streamline the vehicle) check can upgrade one of the following:
• The vehicle’s base speed increases by 5 feet.
• The vehicle gains a +1 Piloting modifier.
• The vehicle gains a +1 attack modifier.
• The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its EAC.
• The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its KAC.
• The PCs install a basic energy weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
• The PCs install a basic kinetic weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
• The PCs upgrade a weapon to impose an additional –2 penalty to enemy Piloting checks on a successful hit.
**2-Investigate the enemy: A sense motive check or Engineering check can scope out what the compeditors are doing with their bikes.
**3-Sabotage A stealth check can sabatoge another racer, though getting caught has some serious penalties
**4- Chat with the other racers. Ratrod seems fuming, but the other racers might be amicable to an alliance.
GIVE ME YOUR ACTIONS FOR THE FIRST ROUND.


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

"Oh, boy! This bike looks great! How can we help make it even better?! I don't know much about how these things work but I can sure get the parts you need! Or try to make alliances with other racers, we gotta make sure Ratrod doesn't win! Oh there's some other racers now! I'll go talk to them!"

Before walking over I'll cast charming vaneer on myself.

I'll go talk with other racers to see if they would like to form an alliance and only target Ratrod with their weapons, or see if they would help us fix up our bike.

diplomacy?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

This will be challenging for Akkedis. He does not have the "social skills". If anyone wants an aid another on diplomacy or intimidate let me know. Otherwise, he's looking for parts...

Can we have stats on Laboni's bike?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna, being a real Steward... but more on the Infiltrator aspect, she will try to slip around discreetly and drop some sand into an opponent's air-filter.
Round 1 Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

"I'll leave to the bike to you folks, and see what I can learn from some of the other racers." He adds quietly, "Maybe try and keep Trae out of trouble..." He follows Trae to where the other races are working, but visits a different one than she does.

Round 1 Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

As almost everyone walks away, Zaknar sighs, rolls up his fancy sleeves, and begins working on the decent at best bike.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its EAC.
Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its KAC.
Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
The PCs install a basic energy weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
The PCs install a basic kinetic weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).


Sorry I updated everyone without all the information. The stats for Leboni's Junkracer is now up on page 3 of slides.

As you look out over the sea of competitors, you find:
**A Ysoki stiring up the crowd and showing off his bike. As he's the only Ysoki racer, you assume that is Ratrod.
**A gnome whose name you catch as Lemgem. She is a blue-haired gnome covered in piercings, tattoos, and augmentations.
**A very serious looking female Ryphorian who is tuning up a bike which appears to have dragon bones attached to it. You catch that her name is Nyizin
**A male Damiya Lashunta who the crowd seems to cheer on as "Orsis," he sports an obvious cranial augmentation and looks pretty stoic.
**An android of indeterminate (possibly nonbinary) sex. They are quite striking with silver hair, and seem to have a man's bulging pecks but a woman's hips.

Trae and Gulkyn, please let me know which racer you are engaging. Also, pics of the racers are up on slides 4

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

I'll start with the Ryphorian, Nyizin.

"That's quite a striking bike you have there. Forgive me if this is rude, but where they a friend or foe?"
Diplomacy per above


Annoyed, Nyizin responds "Aftermarket mod. Found it in the heap ages ago. Allows me to overload the engine without doing permanent damage to it. Before that I used to wire an overcharge switch into the engine that would blow it, but these puppies vent the heat before it fries my engines. There, I answered your question, now if you could leave me to my work . . ."
With Nyizin's info, you think you could overload your Junkracer's engine. If you trigger this, your racer goes 50% faster for one round, but this damages it and on subsequent rounds it goes down to 1/2 its normal speed. Also, you successfully influenced Nyizin, and she doesn't seem willing to talk anymore.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna goes for the android of indeterminate (possibly nonbinary) sex.
Was 20 stealth

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Shiny!" the dwarf exclaims and pulls out a spray-can of hot pink paint. "Let's see what we can do to this." She begins working along side the half-orc. Did he just say half rodent?! Oh irony!

"Oh look this piece here could act like a foil if we just turned it...." SciPhy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Does adding the booster require a check?

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

To mod the racer, is it only +5 feet to speed?

Akkedis watches the others as they begin to mingle with the crowd and other racers. He wades into the rubbish along side Gal and Zaknar, to them and over the comm "Any thoughts on what modification should be made? I am leaning to speed and control..."


I'm very sorry everyone, I should have taken the time to prep this section better. I've never had anyone attempt to sabotage before Igna, but it seems that you need to make a stealth check followed by an engineering check to sabotage, since I know you don't have engineering, and your character knows that she has no idea how to futz with bikes, I'll allow you to take back your actions.

Also, yes, the stats are correct, increasing a vehicle's speed increases it by 5 feet base, or 50 feet when at full throttle.

Round 1 Actions:
*Zaknar puts some non-conductive ceramic plates on the bike, increasing its EAC
*Gulkyn talks with Nyizin
*GalDCCII increases the vehicle's . . . handling? (also, no, putting the booster on doesn't require a check, it's on now.)
*Trae talks to . .. someone (Need person Trae is talking to)
*Igna's action retconned
*Still need action from Akkedis

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Got it, thank you!

Perception/Find Parts: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Akkedis sifts through an old hover car chassis and finds some engine parts, [b]"I think we can use these to increase the bike's engine output."

Increase speed for racer.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Speed is my first thought, but control response follows," GalDCCII agrees.
I will be going for speed 2 or 3 times & control the others.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Okay, since I am totally useless here, I will do all four rolls, probably all failing.
Igna wanders around, picking bits, and pieces, and bolts and pipes... to try to find something to speed up Laboni's racer.
All four rolls to get +5 speed
Perception Bit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception Piece: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception Bolt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception Pipe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis continues to look through piles of refuse...

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"I think this suspension will improve the pilot's control..."

Vehicle gains +1 Piloting

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1
Igna'' wrote:

Okay, since I am totally useless here, I will do all four rolls, probably all failing.

Diplomacy already got us a one round boost & we may find someone willing to ally with in the race, or maybe teach us the route. So I wouldn't say useless. :)

"That's a great idea Akkidas, and I think we can get rid of some of this metal were the old one attached."
PhySci for speed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
"That should lighten it a bit. Decrease the weight, increase the speed, as my auntie used to say."

"Of course she would say that patting her belly and refusing to let an akitarian pie pass uneaten."


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

Round 1
"Let's divide and conquer" Trae will whisper to Gulkyn, and as he heads to the Ryphorian, Trae will head to speak with Lashunta.

"WOAH! That's such a cool augmentation, I haven't seen any yet! What does it do?" shying away "I mean, if that's okay to ask?!" Trae asks with wide eyes.

Diplomacy above.

Round 2
"This time I guess I'll try and work on streamlining the ship.. hmmm, I bet I could get it to be more agile, and maybe dodge out of the way of others and their attacks... hmmm" Trae will rub her chin as she is lost in thought about how to up the EAC of the ship.

Physical Sci: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Trying to at to the EAC of the ship.

Round 3
"Oh man, that didn't work so well.. Maybe I can get the ship to be faster.. If we take off this here, or maybe move this part over there.. Eureka!"

Probably Messing something up again (PhySci): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Trying to boost the speed of the ship again, assuming we can do that again.

Round 4
"Ahhh, much better.. Well I suppose I can try that EAC booster again, I think I got it this time."
Physical Sci: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Trying to at to the EAC of the ship, if I get any circumstance bonus for trying again?.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Round 2

After a few parting words of encouragement to Nyizin, Gulkyn wanders over to Lemgem and her bike.

"Hello there!" he begins. "I hear folks saying Ratrod is a sure thing this race, but you've got a good looking ride here and quite the style going. So, what do you think your odds are?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Round 1
*Zaknar puts some non-conductive ceramic plates on the bike, increasing its EAC
*Gulkyn talks with Nyizin (learns about overloading engine)
*GalDCCII increases the vehicle's speed with an airfoil
*Trae talks to Orsis
*Igna's Looks for useful parts in the salvage yard but can't find any.
*Akkedis however finds a particularly good haul of scrap to bring in. (Increase speed)

Orsis talks to Trae a bit about how his racer uses a special alorythm in the computer to make the handling more responsive, and the PCs are able to incorporate something similar into their racer.

(+2 piloting)

Round 2:
*Zaknar places fenders at strategic places to prevent bolos and other weapons for tripping up the racer (+2 KAC)
*Gulkyn sees that Lemgem is hemming and hawing about weather to dangerously overclock her engine. Even his untrained eye can see that the modification would be dangerous. (Gulkyn, you can either encourage her to install it or convince her its not safe. I'll use your roll, just tell me which you wish to do.)
*GalDCCII uses some of the scrap Akkedis brought in to replace some out-of-date heavier parts with newer, light-weight ones. (Increase speed)
*Trae tries to increase the EAC of the ship but finds that Zaknar has already put ceramic plates on it (Tries to upgrade EAC, Roll failed)
*Igna still doesn't fine any useful junk to put on the bike (roll failed)
*Akkedis finds a mostly-undamaged suspension system that will increase the bike's handling (+1 piloting)

Current bike mods are posted on the slides, next to the original bike, for those who haven't already, start Round 3 (and Gulkyn, give me your respone

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis continues throwing trash and scrap around hoping to find something of use...

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

...and doesn't find anything yet.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

GalDCCII begins tinkering with the fuel injection system. Experimenting with the percentages of fuel going into the mechanical filter versus the chemical one without causing the engine to flood. The spongy material is better for keeping the fuel impurities out, but the chemical can convert them into burnable fuel.
PhySci: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 R3 to speed

She begins eyeing the wheel next to the steel drum and measuring the proper length and strength needed for some good struts. "Can you have a second rider?" she asks innocently.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Oh, definitely encourage her to push it.

Round 3
After his visit with Lemgem, Gulkyn heads further down the line to visit with the android.

"Is it true what I'm hearing? That Ratrod doesn't consider you much of a threat in this race?", Gulkyn asks. "Pretty rude if you ask me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - he seems like an ass."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


As Gulkyn approaches Veolocity, the android is tinkering with a rather large weapon that is hanging precariously off of the side of her vehicle.

"Probably," the android says offhandedly. I really need to invest in speeding up my vehicle, but I can't figure out a way to do it while keeping my primary weapon. Guess I shouldn't have skipped all those shop classes huh? Man, I'd give anything to be a real contender in this race!"

If the players use one of their actions to aid veolocity's vehicle, she'll agree to work with them and form an alliance, allowing the Starfinders to win.

Round 3 results:
*Zaknar tries to install a weapon on the bike but can't find a sufficient EMP cannon.
*Igna tries to make the rig go faster, but can't find any parts she recognizes.
*Akkidis tries to find something in the scrap heap but turns up bumpkis
*GalDCCII tries to engineer a more airodynamic design, but can't figure out any improvements.
*Gulkyn talks to Veolocity
*Trae however does device a way to increase speed by attaching strategically placed airfoils.

Round 4 Begin

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis digs deep into a particularly interesting pile of starship parts.

test: 1d20 ⇒ 17

"This control relay system seems intact enough to be of use."

+1 to Pilot

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Sure! Starfinders are here to help. Besides, a close race is much more exciting than a blow out anyway," the vanguard says.
R4 Aiding Velocity's vehicle
PhySci: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

"Thanks Dee Cee Cee. I'm going to see how the others are doing."

Round 4
Gulkyn returns to the group working around the racer, and looks around to see if there is a way he can help.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1
But he wisely keeps his mouth shut...


Okay, round 4!
*Zaknar tries to install a weapon, but again becomes disgusted at using non-Zeizerer technology and instead leaves in a huff
*Igna finally manages to locate a supercharger that will work for their bike (+5speed)
*Trae sets up a grounding wire to bleed off any excess energy (+2 EAC)
*Akkedis finds some practically brand new hover-stabalizer parts and hands them to Laboni to attach (+1 piloting)
*GalDCCII helps Veolocity with their racer, and the android agrees to form an alliance with the team, agreeing to take second and not attacking the PCs
*Gulkyn, hearing that ceramics can be used in vehicle repair, brings two broken earthen pots to the pit crew, who don’t have the heart to tell him that they need a different type of ceramic.

After the fourth round, the a buzzer sounds which means the pit crews are to put down their tools and that the race will begin shortly. Laboni ushers the PCs over to a side corner and whispers to them.

”Great job on the bike, I couldn’t have done it better myself. There’s just one more tiny little ginormous problem.” she gives an nervous smile. ”I kinda-sorta have never flown a hover vehicle in my life. Seriously, I’ve failed my hover-license test like, half a dozen times. I’m hopeless at it. I have this remote control device I’ve installed. If one of you could . . . Pilot with me on it maybe? I have a second controller for the gun. I’ve checked the rules, it’s not illegal, though I suppose it will be after this race.”

You Ned to decide which of you is piloting and which is shooting the gun.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Is there a feat associated with the weapon roll? Like Heavy Weapons, or is it a stand-alone roll? BAB + Dex? Even with the bike's penalty, Inga's probably our best shot for gunner, Gulkyn for pilot...

Nudging the halfing toward the fire controls, "Now is the time to show your fire little warrior. Against the feathered beast, your aim was better." The burly Vesk gives a friendly, if toothy, smile. "I'm not a good pilot, but if I can assist I will."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna, having spent all the time rummaging through the junk, is so happy she actually found something that works.
"YES! I knew it was going to boost the speed!"
Then she mumbles: "I was sure that would help the armor."

+3 piloting
+5 gunnery


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

only +2 gunnery, nothing to piloting since it has to be trained, right?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Not the DM but Piloting is open so Dex applies w/o ranks

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Zaknar may be our best pilot with a +6. Gulkyn has +5.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

DiCiCi looks at the remote, a little disappointed. Gulkyn, you got this. I want to try riding it after the race though. Igna, you should shoot.

Side car, that would have been the fun part.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |
Vampire GM By Day wrote:


*Zaknar tries to install a weapon, but again becomes disgusted at using non-Zeizerer technology and instead leaves in a huff

Zaknar up and left. Looks like it's all you Gulkyn ;P

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"Just tell me where to aim!"
Igna looks around... only one gun.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Okay, Race Time! here is how this mini-system works.
*At the start of every round, everyone targets someone and shoots them. If they hit, they give a -4 penalty to piloting checks to that pilot for that round. These penalties are cumulative. (you can target anyone from anywhere. The track doubles back on itself several times.)
*After everyone shoots each other, the pilots all roll piloting checks. Success means that you go your bike's full speed that round (for you guys, that's 650). Fail and you had to slow down for some reason (someone cut you off, you almost run into some junk, whatever) and you only move at half speed. Fail by 10 or more, and you stall.

The race fans crowd around the stadium as everyone eagerly anticipates the race. As everyone lines up on the starting line, Veolocity gives Leboni a wink, who, perplexed, gives a sort of confused wink.

"Racers to your starting lines! booms a voice from over the comm system. "We have returning champ Ratrod, who has challenged the whole of the Starfinders today! Along with the serious contender Nyzin and Orsis well known tank of a scrapbike! It could be anyone's race!"

The timer counts down.
3
2
1

AND THE RACE STARTS!
Lemgem's Bike's Engine IMMEDIATELY explodes out of the side of her racer and almost takes out a spaceHotDog vendor, leaving her out of the race.
Igna may target and shoot someone

GM Rolls:

Ratrod Attacks Leboni: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Veolocity Attacks RatRod: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Nyzin Attacks Orsis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Orsis Attacks Nyzin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Are we able to assist rolls for firing or piloting?


Akkedis Dauðlaus wrote:
Are we able to assist rolls for firing or piloting?

Regretably, there is no aiding another, which sadly means 4 people are left out of the race, a common complaint about this scenario.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"Tell me who to shoot, tell me who to shoot, tell me who to shoot!"
Igna looks at her friends... and, when given the order, she-- SHOOTS!
Gunnery rnd 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Will shoot at whoever is mentioned first as a target

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

our enemy is Ratrod

301 to 350 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VampByDay's SFS 1-02 game, the commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.