VampByDay's SFS 1-01 game, the commencement (Inactive)

Game Master VampByDay

Newly graduated Starfinders are asked to help around Absolom Station while acquainting them with the ins and outs of the starfinder program.

Slides


151 to 200 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"My favorite track is number 6," GalDCCII says, having gone through it several times on the way over.

During the speed-required request she frowns, but the rest seems straight forward. "Find the hacker, secure the data, secure the hacker if possible." She looks for a bit of details.

"Do we know anything about the hacker? Or the data you are looking for in case they has a selection?"


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

"Can you tell us anything about the hacker? What they look like?
What would you like us to do once we recover the information? Get it back to you as soon as possible?"

Trae sighs at the though of having to be speedy, but she perks up slightly at the idea of a new adventure.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis looks at at Zaknar's salute with a quiet snort of disdain, before giving a proper salute. "Yes, any further details about the hackers identity or anything that may help single out an individual?" Akkedis adjusts his gear and preps to travel quickly.


"No, I have absolutely no knowledge of the identity of this hacker. That is what you are to find out. Their skills are top-notch, but their coding structure does not conform to any of the known hackers that are currently active in Absolom station. All I was able to find out was their spaceIP address, which is a run-down apartment complex in Drifter's End. The record-keeping there is . . . spotty at best, so there is no information on the infosphere of who currently rents the unit.

As for the data, I do not know what was taken, only that a large amount of data was transferred from several corporations to a device at the address I sent you. If you are worried about the legality of this . . . the Blue Rise corporations use legal chicanery and loopholes to have near absolute sovereignty within their buildings, and that includes frankly overkill cyber security. It is this overkill level of security that has me and several other parties worried.

So, once the information is taken out of their locations . .
well then their legal loopholes can be used against them and it is fair game. They will likely seek reparations against the hacker, but any third party that comes across it is in the clear, as long as they didn't hire the hacker to hack in the first place, which we didn't.

Once you recover the information, return with it to me.

Also, GalDCCII, you must have listened to something else by mistake, as this appears to be a single-song release."

I did say hit single

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar gives a little wink, "I've got a Zeizerer modded pulse caster pistol and pulse caster rifle, if anyone is interested."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna sighs, exhausted, overburdened: "I'm sure they are fine, but I am encumbered enough as it is... maybe later, but thanks for the offer."

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Ever impatient, Gulkyn say "Sounds straight forward enough. Let's get down there before someone else beats us to them."


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

Trae starts walking towards the door, ready to get into the space taxi.
"Suppose we better get moving, if speed is a priority!"


The spaceTaxi trip to drifter’s end is uneventful. All the buildings here are rather spartan and utilitarian. The apartment complex you are led to is a grey cubic structure with few windows and no embellishments. You easily locate the unit you are looking for on the ground floor. It seems to have multiple potted plants in the one window you can make out.

Life Science DC5:

The plants appear to be some version of tomato plants from Golarion.

Life Science DC15:

You don’t recognize the exact strain of Tomato plants. Probably a unique hybrid species being bred. It looks like, once ripe, it would be a tastey tomato though.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1
Vampire GM By Day wrote:
I did say hit single

Yeah, but that was a week RT and ago....

GalDCCII recovers from her blush. "Onward!"

Ninja'd edit: LifSci: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 "Hmmm... nightshade family... ahh tomatoes!

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

"Let's take a quick look around. Make sure no one is watching the place. Maybe check for a back exit."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna sits down to catch her breath.


Gulkyn: while no one is actively watching the domicile (other than you), you hear indistinct speech coming from the unit through the open window. You can’t make it out, but it sounds like a pleasant conversation.


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

"Can anyone see anything through the window? I don't think I'm tall enough.."

Trae moves to check the perimeter but realizes she's too tired to move that far, and simply sits down to rest.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Should one of us keep an eye on the window aa an exit while the others go in?"

Unless everyone thinks not, GalDCCII offers to stand watch.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"I can "sit" watch if you want?"

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar gives a chuckle and a hand wave, "I'll handle this!" He then struts over to the door, sets down one of his cases, straightens his 'suit', and knocks on the door with a couple loud *THUMPS!*.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Watching Zaknar head to the door, Gulkyn leans against a wall, "This ought to be fun."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis moves around the building checking for alternate exits. If he finds no other way out of the building, he takes up position behind Zaknar with his rifle in hand (but not raised). If there is another exit he notifies the team and takes a hidden guard position.

Looking for other ways out of the building.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

If there's another exit...
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

If no other exits, ready action to fire if someone fires on Zaknar.


Akkedis finds no other entrance/exit and takes up position behind Zaknar with his weapon drawn but not trained on anything.

A few moments after Zaknar knocks on the door, a man opens it. He’s in his early thirties with a decent amount of potting soil on him. Behind him you see many more potted tomato plants.

”Hello, how can I-Hey! We don’t want any trouble! What’s with the guns?!”. The man is clearly spooked by the Vesk in heavy armor with his weapon drawn.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar adopts his charming smile once more and speaks with animation, "Oh! Yes, please do not be concerned. Though my friend here looks a bit aggressive, he wouldn't hurt a thing. But, his presence does exemplify a great point. Do you have means to defend yourself from assailants, sir?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


The man seems confused, then even more scared. He partially closes the door, hiding his body behind it.

”Wha-what are you implying? Is this a protection racket thing? We don’t have any money! We barely make rent as it is!”

A Well-dressed gentleman and a soldier with his weapon drawn go to low-income housing and ask a man ‘if he’s capable of defending himself should he need to.’

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar holds his hand up gently and shakes it, "No, no, no. I understand your confusion. See," Zaknar unlatches the case with 4 pistols and the hailcannon, "I represent Zeizerer. I am here to offer deals on Zeizerer weapons. So I ask again, do you have means to defend yourself, or selves? If gang activity comes to your doorstep, do you have the means to discourage it? Violence isn't always the best solution, but sometimes it is the only one. Are you ready for when it is?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + (5) + 9 = 19

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

Wow, that's a lot of dirt," GalDCCII whistles. She looks around the half-orc's shoulder. Being brought up on a ship with only occasionally retreats to space stations, working the soil is new to her. Being brought up dwarven, she feels bad about this.


Upon spying the Dwarf the man responds: ”Wait, a Dwarf too? How many people do you need to sell guns in Drifter’s end? WHY are you trying to sell guns in drifter’s end? No one here owns anything. It looks like that giant death cannon thing costs more than my rent per month, and like I said I just barely make rent as-is!”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna, turns her head towards the man, still sitting outside.
She waves her grenade launcher: "Don't buy things that are too heavy to carry, trust me on that... halfling's word on that one!"


”A halfling too? Four of you?!”

It looks like the man is about ready fo close the door. . . And possibly call the Stewards.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Panting... "We're Starfinders, all... four, well, all of us are. I'm a Steward too."

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

A twinge of annoyance faces across Zaknar's face, but the smile comes back just as quickly. "As it seems my compatriots have an inability to grasp subtlety, we shall get straight to the point. Somebody here hacked something they weren't supposed to. They upset some powerful people. We are here to take the individual into protection."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis tries to look friendly as he realizes he's startled the small human. "Yes, we are not here to cause harm. Those who were wronged will be coming, it is they you should fear."

Since the threat to the group seems minimal, Akkedis will take a defensive position near the door. He scans the streets for anything or anyone that seems out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Socializing isn't Akkedis' specialty... If things turn south, or you need some intimidate let me know. Otherwise I've got guard duty covered.


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

"Hey man we just here to retrieve something. It has been a long day, if you could make this easy and just hand it over, I know I'd be grateful. Then we won't have to use these!"

Trae pulls out her gun and gestures towards hers and everyone else's drawn weapons.


”Wh-what? Starfinders? Stewards? Hackers? This is crazy! And why did you lie about selling weapons? Listen, I can barely search the infosphere. There are no hackers here!”

Just then, an elderly woman with a strong resemblance to the man (you still haven’t introduced yourselves) shuffles up to the door.

”Dear, who is, oh! Oh my, you are new. Who-who are you and what is your business here?” she says in a somewhat sweet but concerned voice.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"He didn't really lie, he does sell weapons. And very good ones too. If you fancy a gun, going with one of House Z's is-- oh, hello ma'am. The name's Igna, we're Starfinders. How do you do?"

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar winks as Igna mentions him. "Oh! Greetings Ma'am," Zaknar says pleasantly as the woman appears at the door. "As I was telling your relative here, someone from here hacked something they weren't supposed to. Some very unhappy, very dangerous people are coming and we are here to take the hacker before they can get to them."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (11) + (1) + 9 = 21


The younger man is starting to get flabbergasted. "Listen, I'm just an out-of-work botanist who makes ends meet by selling tomatoes at the local farmer's market, and my mother is a retired secretary. It's just the two of us, neither one of us are hackers."

"Yes, that's true," the woman replies. "I haven't done any hacking in forty years or more." The man turns to her, he jaw dropped.

"What?" is his only response.

"Oh, it was a long time ago, in my rebellious youth. Before I even met your father. Here, it won't do to have all of us standing out on the stoop. Why don't you all come in and we can discuss this like reasonable people. It'll give me an excuse to use that extra large teapot my sister Muriel gave me for my birthday last year." She starts shuffling away into the apartment, waving everyone to come in.

"By the way, my name is Ceren, and this is my son Jubair." she says as she continues on to the small abode.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna drags herself inside, happy about some tea: "Hello Ceren, hello Jubair... is your sister a hacker too, maybe she did this?"
Igna looks around.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar gives a warm smile and nod before entering. He also gives the room a quick look.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Finding a seat, Zaknar thanks Ceren, "Why thank you Ceren. That is very kind of you.""

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Chuckling with enjoyment, Gulkyn watches the action at the door. Not wishing to add to the confusion, he messages Inga "I'll be keeping a watch out here, message me if you need anything"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

'Copy that."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis snickers quietly at the young man's distress and confusion. I believe he needs something stronger than tea...

Akkedis settles into his position, "Gulkyn and I can handle uninvited guests. Enjoy the tea, perhaps it would go well with musical candy cake strawberries?"


Ceren sets about making tea while Jubair sits at the table and still looks incredulous at the assembled people. I assume at some point you introduce yourself. As Ceren busies herself setting up tea she brushes her white hair out of her eyes and you notice she has a medical cranial implant.

"Muriel? Oh my no. She lives on Castrovel. She's one of them . . . what do you call it . . . xenodruids. Hates computers. Anyway, why do you think we did this hacking thing? I assume you traced the hack to our spaceIP address? Do they still use those? I've been out of the game for forty years or more so I really could be way off target."


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

Trae will wander in, putting her gun away.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

"Hello, my name's Trae. Sorry bout that." she says keeping it short and sweet.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar rubs his chin for a few moments and then points a finger up. "Can we investigate your computer to be sure? Maybe someone used it remotely so as to incriminate you. And may I say, you have lovely hair Ceren."

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

After the introductions the dwarf asks, "Retired secretary? I don't suppose you worked for one of the corporations in Bluerise Tower?"

New & extra large teapot? Thank you for the tea," GalDCCII says examinig the recent gift. She still finds it hard to look away from the tomatoes.


"Oh, why thank you dearie, Ceren replies to Zaknar for the compliment.

"Well, if someone did remote-access our address, I should still be good enough to check that."

She totters off over to a terminal on the wall and taps in a few commands.

"Huh, seems you're right. Large amount of data usage last night while both of us were asleep. Huh, this one must of been good, no external devices were connected other than our two commlinks. Wait-why is there so little disc space available? Oh my! There ARE files here. Lots of files. Oh, oh dear!"

Jubair stands up worried and shouts "Mom, what did you do?!

"Oh dear, oh the doctor said this might happen," Ceren says, more to herself than anyone else. Then she turns to the assembled Starfinders. "See, I suffer from a degenerative neurological brain disease. I get these . . . fits I guess you could call them. Brain activity changes, I act all funny. Anyway, I was lucky enough to get into a program with an experimental cure. This-" she says tapping her implant, "Recognizes abnormal brainwaves and overrides my personality with one it has cobbled together from my memories until I come out of my fit. It must have malfunctioned and made me feel like a twenty-something again. So the younger me did what I did when I was twenty-something- I hacked. Oh dear. Didn't know I had it in me."

Jubair's jaw is (metaphorically) on the floor. Ceren paces for a moment then continues.

"Listen, I'll give you the data if you can keep these Blue-Rise rapscallions from coming after us. If what you say is true, we stand no chance running from them, we'll have to fake our own deaths. And we'll need new identities. Not affiliated with the Starfinders if you please, I'm sure once you make use of the data those companies will put two and two together and look through all your files.

I'll give you a few hours to set it up while we gather what we can't bear to be without and move it into a shady storage facility I know that doesn't ask questions. Make sure to have us declared dead and if you could, get us some new jobs. Jubair's really a good botanist that has just had a bad go of it. Do this and the data is yours. We'll meet in that park over in the downlow in, shall we say, two hours exactly?"

Okay, now for the MINI SYSTEM!
You need to do TWO tasks to satisfy Ceren and get her to give you the data (I mean, have her willingly give you the data.) Each person can try one check from each category (you don't need to try any if you don't want to.) The more successful checks you make, the better your chances. The more checks you fail, the worse your chances.
FIRST You need to fake Ceren and Jubair's deaths. If you find two fresh human corpses (Igna knows of a couple disreputable people on the station that she's arrested before, out on bail, that can provide some for a fee) you can try to make them up to be the two. Alternately you can bribe the local corner or hack their system to just doctor station records. Alternatively you can file your own false report or come up with some other creative solution.
SECOND You need to set up a new identity for Ceren and Jubair. You can try to file a fraudulent one, or you can try and set up a new social network of friends that can help her out online. Lastly, anyone with a profession check can try to land her and her son new jobs under false credentials, though you have to keep in mind that this is a 70 year old sweet old lady and her botanist son (so profession: Mercenary or profession: Birthday Clown are probably out of the question.)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"I sure could see that doctor of yours right now, have him give me some "pick me up" pills...".
Igna stares at the woman, thinking that she's some criminal hacker, and now ordering the Starfinder Society to cover things up and profit from this theft... some woman!

When possible to address the team discreetly:
[b]"Well, if you want, there's some Ysoki I remember who work down in the Garden Vats, they can get us some bodies we can use to fake their deaths, maybe burn this apartment down?"

I have +4 Diplo' to either negotiate, or Aid Another, to get these, if that's the skill.
"I have some Steward contacts here we could call upon to get some valid papers but using their fake new IDs..."
+3 Bluff to roll or aid another if that fits.

Rolls for the GM:
If these work, then here are two rolls, one for each task.
To be used as Aid Another if anyone has a higher skill than mine, otherwise as the main roll:
Diplo' +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bluff +3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

I'll aid however I can, but unless we need to make a corpse I don't think I'll be much use.

Akkedis continues to maintain his guard position. "I appreciate your zeal small one, but it may be too hard to contain such a fire. It could easy go beyond faking deaths," Akkedis responds to Igna, "Though if we find bodies it would be easy to make it appear as if they were murdered by others that could've been hacked or had information taken?"

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar grins broadly at the news and new situation. "I would never have expected to have to do such things for the Starfinder Society! This is so fantastic!" he exclaims, clapping his hands together once excitedly. He stays there for a few moments in thought and listening to Igna.

"Even better! I can go speak with these folk in the Garden Vats," he says decidedly. "I can then look in that same area for a botanist job for...whatever name he'll have." Zaknar's excitement seems to be growing more and more. "AND, Igna can call her contacts and get the new identities! Gosh this is so fun!"

Without another word Zaknar grabs his three cases and rushes out of the home.

Gettin' Da Bodies:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + (4) + 9 = 19

Zaknar walks out from behind a vat, likely surprising the individuals he was guided to. "Greetings there friends," he says warmly and charmingly. "I don't have much time, but I have a proposition for you all. You see, I am in the need of some human carcasses. I am also in close connection with Zeizerer Munitions. So close in fact, that I could get you some quality weapons at discounted prices. What do you think?" At this he unlatches the cases with one button press and the cases slowly open to reveal their contents.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

"And there he goes," says Gulkyn as he watches Zaknar race off.

"If he can get us some bodies, we should be able to claim they are our friends here. Akkedis can set up the murder scene, and Igna can call it in."
I can help talk to folks to sell our story (Bluff+8)

Gulkyn pauses in thought for a few moments. "I know some people who might be able to help get them set up in a new life. Good folks."

"Discreet too," he adds. "Let me see if they can help." He steps away and makes a few calls on his comm.

Rolls:
Bluff to sell a story: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Diplomacy to get help from contacts: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


For those wishing to buy a couple of bodies, the Ysoki gladly sell them for no skill check for a mere 60 credits. However, you will need a disguise, medicine, or profession(undertaker or something similar) to rig the bodies up to be convincing as Ceren and Jubai's

151 to 200 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VampByDay's SFS 1-02 game, the commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.