VampByDay's SFS 1-01 game, the commencement (Inactive)

Game Master VampByDay

Newly graduated Starfinders are asked to help around Absolom Station while acquainting them with the ins and outs of the starfinder program.

Slides


1 to 50 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

I, will be starting a PBP for SFS 1-02, the commencement. Details to follow, feel free to dot in.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

"We give you more juice, so that your enemies spill their own!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna is a petite lass, even for a Halfling, barely 2 1/2 feet tall (around 75 cm) and probably not weighing more than 20 some pounds (10 kilos).
Bright green eyes, red hair, and a cheerful smile, she is quite cheerful and rather charismatic.
Dressed in a flexible body stocking that fits tightly against her slender body, she has a baton attached to her belt.
Slung over her right shoulder is an agitator - a portable generator of microwave radiation, with a bulky cylinder generator in the middle -, and over her left shoulder is a grenade launcher.

She smiles as she brings two fingers up to her temple, in a brief salute:
"Hello, hello! Name's Igna, and I'm with the Stewards. But don't come asking me to get rid of your illegal docking tickets."

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Entering the antechamber is the massive four-armed figure of a Witchwyrd. He wears the traditional red robes of his people, which covers his face, revealing only his glowing eyes. There is a dark ball of energy floating around his head, and within it something seems to sparkle. By his side is a laser pistol, and he carries a bag across his back.

"Greetings. I am Gulkyn." He nods to the halfling already here, and takes a seat.


Today was graduation day for the latest batch of Starfinders-you. While some of you may have been pressed into service early, or have a few missions under their belt already as ‘trainees,’ today is the day that all the ‘i’s were finally dotted and all the ‘t’s crossed at last. After the ceremony, you each were handed a physical envelope stating that your first official mission as full Starfinders would be the following day. You were told to show up to one particular antechamber in the lorespire complex at 9:00 AM sharp (Absolom time, of course).

Now is the appointed time and the various new Starfinders begin filtering in. The room appears to be empty save a few chairs and a huge computer bank on one wall with the Starfinder symbol emblazoned on it.
Please continue to introduce yourself.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

A very well dressed half-orc strolls in while skillfully whistling a melodious tune. From neck to ankle he is dressed in a somewhat shiny, pin-striped suit, featuring a solid black with radiant purple as the stripes. The black of the suit seems to sap light around while he goes, giving him a bit of an aura of darkness. He has fancy, black shoes that clack! as he walks and slick backed, black hair on his head and face. He looks a businessman by all accounts. All except the three large, shiny metal cases he carries in each arm and on his back.

The half-orc arrives 30 minutes before the designated time, places his cases in a stack on the floor next to one of the chairs, and sits down with his legs crossed and his fingers intertwined, save for the index fingers which now rest at his chin.

***************
Upon Igna's entrance, he watches her entrance and a smile creeps onto his face at the mention of the Stewards. His teeth are surprisingly pearly white (in comparison to the average half-orc), though his tusks look to have been filed down to the height of the rest of his teeth.

He unfolds his hands and gracefully places one of his hands on his chest. "I am Zaknar, it is an absolute pleasure to meet you Igna," he says smoothly, his voice having an obvious Apostae accent. "The Stewards have been a great curiosity to me of late. What is it that you all do exactly? I say that meaning no offense of course. Being from Apostae myself, we don't get much interaction from the Stewards."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Five minutes prior to stated meeting time a tall, somewhat lean, Vesk enters the antechamber. He moves with military precision, adorned in Ringwear armor (that shifts in hues of black, red and purple) and an Azimuth Laser Rifle on his shoulder.

He moves to a corner of room that allows him easy view of the other invitees, shifting to an "at ease" stance he glances at each taking their measure. "I am Akkedis Dauðlaus, assault and SpecOps operative. I look forward to serving with each of you." Akkedis' voice is clear and focused, and lacks much of the hissing accent present in most Vesk.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna smiles to the others: "Greetings Gulkyn of the many arms", thinking that one would need multiple handcuffs for the witchwyrd. "Hello Akkedis, and a pleasure to meet you too, Zaknar".
"Oh, the Stewards are a law enforcement and peace keeping unit for the Pact Worlds. Under-financed, under-staffed... but lots of fun."

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar carefully places a hand the chin of his smirking face, as if in thought. "Law enforcement? But does each 'planet' not enforce its own laws?" He holds his hands out to his sides, palms facing up, "Forgive the inquisition, as it were, this is my first time off planet. My previous Starfinder experiences were while I was on Apostae still."

Zaknar then looks around at the other two who have gathered, stands up, and straightens his suit. It shimmers in that moment, looking like armor before resuming it's appearance. He bends down, lifts the cases onto the table, and begins unlatching and opening them. "I suppose now is as good a time as any.."

Inside the cases are an assortment of weapons. Four pistols surrounding a heavy cannon of sorts are in one case. Three rifles are in another. While a small pick looking tool is in the third. On all of them are a big, clear logo of a red and black Z circumscribed by a black circle with a mesh of purple as a background.

"These weapons you may have seen before my compatriots! But, each of these companies partnered with Zeizerer to make them better! In a very simple way! Imagine," he says as he pulls out a Decoupler (pistol), "you are in a firefight. You are shooting at your enemies, your enemies are shooting back when! Your weapon runs out of ammo! That, is bad news! You had better hope that their weapon has also run out of ammo! Now! What if you are in that same firefight and the enemy's weapon runs out of ammo first? Isn't that better? That, is what Zeizerer offers you!" he replaces the pistol into the open case. "Zeizerer has sent me as a test to the Starfinder Society. For this entire mission, all of these are at your disposal. Zeizerer! We give you more juice, so that your enemies spill their own!"

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

"Ah, Zeizerer Munitions. Fine stuff, for a Drow product." He looks over the weapons and then back to Zaknar. "I am surprised though to see one of your race freely working for House Zeizerer. How is it you are here without some sort of drow overseer?"

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar gives a toothy, charming smile, "A very astute observation, my compatriot. It is a bit of a story, so I will give you the short of it. I proved my value to House Zeizerer, and am now out on a limb with this idea. Who knows? Maybe you will see a Drow Venture Captain before long?"

"But enough about me. You may snag one of these weapons now or I will also be carrying them as we go." He looks over to the vesk who has been quiet since his entrance, "Akkedis was it? What do you think? Interested in anything here?"


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

As if she lost track of time, a mere few seconds before the appointed meeting time a black ysoki comes running down the hall. Sliding into the wall as she barely makes it in time. Out of breath but looking overall unremarkable except for the vibrant white patch of fur on her left ear. This Ysoki seems to keep her fur clean and free from dirt. You notice a small pistol at hip as she bends over to catch her breath.

"Sorry" she takes a deep breath and seems to regain her composure, giving the room and endearing smile, she walks in. "So sorry my friends, I would hate to be a burden to any of you. I am so looking forward to embarking on our adventure together today. Please call me Trae, I am here to help, whether that be by magic or with this guy" She gently pats at the pistol on her hip. "There's no time like the present, what's the mission?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna answers Zaknar: "Each planet enforces its own laws, and is sovereign, of course. But there still are problems. What if you end up doing something illegal on Akiton, but that is good on Apostae? And it starts a problem with House Zeizerer making a stir about you and such... then there are things to work out. Or if one world needs to apprehend a fugitive who went somewhere else..."

Igna greets Trae.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

With a whir and a clank a large metallic foot appears in the doorway, painted hot pink. With another whir and clank the rest of the suited armor also appears. Clank, clank, clank GalDCCII enters the room and takes her seat at the table.

"Hello!" she says brightly, taking-in everyone in the room. "I am GalDCCII, the 702nd GalD," she drones and rolls her eyes. Then the brightness in her voice returns, "You can call me DiCiCi though, everyone else does." Her old-fashioned armor looks like it is being restored by an enthusiast, but it is painted hot pink and bears stickers like 'Hello Kasatha,' 'My Little Ysoki' and also has the Gangreen Gang done as skeletons.

"Sure I will try one," she says of Zaknar's offer. She wriggles her fingers while looking at the variety as if it were a box of chocolates and hoping for the malted nuget. Failing that she picks a pistol, confident that it at least does not have any jellied fruits. She looks up at the half-orc then holds up the weapon in a toast. "Shiny," she smiles in way of thanks.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar turns his attention back to Igna with a smile, "That makes sense. Though, in your example, Zeizerer would probably just cut all ties and throw me under the hoverbus. That would be the best case scenario actually," he muses. "The only other action they'd take is to kill me in some horrible way." he says casually as his smile widens in amusement, "Apostae is quite cut throat." He then laughs as if he's just told some sort of joke.

If you'd like to borrow one of them, feel free, but please let me know which one you are borrowing.

"Why of course!" Zaknar whirls around to face the female dwarf, affixing his charming smile. He takes a split second to look her over while adding, "I would ask however, that you take no opportunities to customize your selection. Though you seem to have done lovely work on your armor, these pieces are a bit more...emblematic. I am sure you understand what I mean. Zeiz-"

Zaknar is cut off when the ysoki comes in. He freezes at the sight of the ysoki while she introduces herself. He remains still save a small twitch in his eye. As she finishes, he just barely doesn't cut her off with, "Ah! We are all here and it is time!". As he says this he quickly closes his cases giving a barely perceptible nervous sidelong glance at the ysoki. "Our superiors should be here any moment!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Wondering if the Half-Orc is afraid of mice, Igna smiles at him: "Well, I hope the Stewards could protect you from having your throat cut, at least without a trial."

Looking over the Tactical Diasporan rifle in the case, she notices the boosted magazine: "Oh? Is that something special? From House Z.? I'd be happy to try this one out, and maybe, err...".


As everyone turns to the door waiting for the venture captain (whoever that may end up being) to enter, they hear the familiar whir of holo-projectors turning on from the bank of computers behind them. Wheeling about, they find in the center of the room, where the bank of servers are, there is the projected form of a featureless woman of indeterminate species (human? Elf? Half-Elf? Half-Orc?)

“Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Two slots extend from sections of the computer bank. One reveals itself to be a tray with several cheek swabs and a scanner, the other: a plate to put your hand on.

"This implant is not very invasive, and allows Starfinders to easily identify each other. It can be switched on and off at will and will illuminate a small area if desired. It is not, however, necessary."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Surprised, and not knowing who is speaking - though it is not a Halfling for sure - Igna, take a cheek swab and uses it upon herself, and then places her hand on the plate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Upon placing the swab on the scanner, there is a slight pause as a status bar on the scanner fills up, and then Guidance says:
"Ident recognized-Igna, Halfling, Advanced Combat training, member of the Stewards."

Upon placing her hand on the hand plate there is a brief pain as if some small animal has bitten her. After pulling her hand away, Igna finds that she can create a holographic display of the Starfinder symbol in her hand and turn it on and off at will (as a swift action). While on it increases the light level of all squares adjacent to her by one step (maximum normal light).

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Seeing Igna's experience, Zaknar straightens his suit and does both the swab and hand without hesitation.


Zankar’s experience is much the same, only his response is ”Ident recognized-Zankar, Half-Orc, Advanced Battlefield Coordination training, Arms and armor repair training, employee of house Zeizerer.”. He similarly receives a Starfinder implant.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn reaches under his mask with the swab, and then places it in the scanner. He ignores the plate, and steps back out of the way.

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Shiny," GalDCCII says of the pistol. "No modificating. Got it." She holds it to her hip, but nothing happens. She hums for a second then bends her knee, sqiurms her foot around a little then stomps with small clank. A moment later a piece of the armor splits apart from her hip opening a holster next to hoop with a dangling hammer. She then puts the gun into the holster. She nods triumphiantly and closes it with a smile.

"Shiny!" she repeats seeing the holo. Then, patiently waits for her turn at the hand-pad.


”Ident recognized-Gulkyn, Witchwyrd, Advanced Close-Combat training, Mystical abilities consistent with Solarian training, Pilot grade 1.”

Gulkyn has elected not to get the Starfinder implant, which seems fine and Guidence doesn’t comment on.

”Ident recognized-GalDCCII, Dwarf, Advanced Close-Combat training, Mystical abilities of unknown origin, Armor repair and modification training.”
GalDCCII does, however, get the implant, like the halfling and half-orc before her.


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

After watching everyone else painlessly give their cheek swab and seeing no wince of pain from those who received their implant, Trae scurries forward eager to do as requested.
"Look guys! We match!" she says as she waves her paw towards Zaknar and Igna her hand.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna smiles, and, turning her implant "on" and "off", she high-fives Trae!


”Ident recognized-Trae, Ysoki, Negotiation Training, Spellcasting abilities of an unknown origin, , Grade 1 Physicist.”

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar looks with disdain at the small ysoki, straightens his fancy suit, and moves back to his metal cases eating on the table.


Once everyone has signed in with a cheek swab, Guidance 'turns' to the rest of the party and resumes her introduction speech.

“It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. While the Scoured Stars incident may have been resolved, many agents were lost and many more are still recovering, so we will need your help in these time more than might be required in past years. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.”

Everyone's Commlink 'dings' and A list of factions and brief summations shows up in their inbox.

Culture check 5:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

Culture check 10:
People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

Culture check 15:
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

Diplomacy (Gather information) Check 5:
Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

Diplomacy (Gather information) 10:
The latest prerelease ong from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

Diplomacy (Gather information) 15:
Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna checks her comm unit, and frowns: "Figures! No one sent to help Luwazi Elsebo out. With all the hard work she does..."
She is ready to go have a drink at the Cantina and talk with the locals and Gather Information Diplo': 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Igna will tell her now comrades that: "Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race. Also, the latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form."

Scratching her head, she thinks about all that she read.
untrained Culture (max 10): 1d20 ⇒ 16
And shares the info' with her friends from the first two Culture spoilers.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Sorry for the delay in posting. Family visits for the holidays.

In the meeting room Akkedis waits until each of the others has presented themselves before stepping up himself. He swabs his mouth and places his left palm on the device. "Clever. Both an effective means of inventorying personnel and to identify the fallen should there be limited remains."

Akkedis looks over the hobgoblin and his case of weapons, "Your toys are shiny as the Dwarf says, but only toys without skill to use them." He then looks at the halfing, "You interest me small one, you carry many tools of war. I look forward to seeing your skills displayed."

Akkedis gives Guidance a quick, formal salute when it appears and listens to the briefing at full attention. Once the information is sent to the cooms, he steps to at ease, reading over the missive.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Akkedis discussing the current rumors and statis of Absolom Station with Inga. Revealing last Diplomacy spoilers. He seems somewhat disdain or confused by the concept of 'sugar-pop music' talking of it almost as overly sweet food, but shows some interest in the races and fleet. He stands more formally and addresses Guidance, "Are we at liberty to seek tasks, or are we to follow the order provided?"


“You are free to introduce yourself to each faction head in any order you see fit.” Guidance replies

However, I highly recommend doing exoguardians before dataphiles

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna smiles up at tall Akkedis: "I to hope display my skills with elegance!", before discussing the rumors with the Vesk.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis grins at Igna, "As I'm sure you will."

He then turns his attention to the newly formed team, "Since we are not charged to complete these tasks in any particular order I would recommend the Exo-Guardians first, as a matter of personal preference. Though I am, admittedly, not opposed to starting with any faction..." except maybe Dataphiles, thanks for the heads up VampByDay

Whatever the consensus is works for me.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

"I shall follow the lead of this most charming and polite Vesk!"
Exo-Guardians are fine with me.


Female Ysoki Scholar Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6, HP 7/7, RP 3/3 | EAC 13, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0 Perception +1

Trea's fur begins to ruffle with excitement. "I love talking to people and learning new things!" Trae will cast Charming Vaneer on herself in order to attempt to gather any additional information she can. Particularly about the creature stuck in the warehouse. This will only take 10 minutes due to effects of the spell.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 (6 + 1 from charming vaneer) = 17 + 7 = 24

"You guys are right, it doesn't truly matter where we start.. but, uh doesn't that creature fascinate you?!" Trae's eyes will widen with excitement.

I think they Wayfinders seems cool, but if y'all want to do them in another order that's cool too!

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

Aww... my post last night disappeared :(

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

What folks have heard matches what Gulkyn knows as well. "Let's get moving then. This is going to be a long day as it is."

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar gives a charming smile and merely says, "Off we go!"

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Imagine a whole host of starships, orbiting Absalom Station," GlaDCCII adds her knowledge of the Armada. "These Ships are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core, her voice drops to a singsong manner, like one might hear in a classroom mnemonic diddy. "A mystical device that a-llows for quick travel through the Drift to Ah-Ah-Absalom Station." her pony-tail bounces as she nods her head. "The ships of the Armada are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship."

"Can't wait to check it out," she smiles. "Well, when we finish at the exo-guardians that is," she nods at the vesk.


The party recieves information that the leader of the Exo-Guardians, a Host Shirrin named "Zigvigix" is currently in the middle of a small park in the Downlow district, one of the seedier and less-policed sections of Absolom Station.

The journey from the LoreSpire complex (where you were) to the Downlow is uneventful, and the Starfinders cover the cost of the SpaceTaxi you take there. Eventually you come upon the park you have been directed to, and there seems to only be one Shirren there.

Garbage litters the ground around the district’s largest art park—a cement lot filled with undulating metal sculptures and covered in graffiti of grotesquely adorable creatures. The sounds of music and chatter drift over from the nearby clubs, chronically interrupted by the roar of the local gangsters’ engines. The Shirren, a heavily augmented host shirren, is sitting on one of the park benches, eating a simple meal of cold grub-noodles and rice candy. Their antennae perk up at the tremor of approaching footsteps.
“Welcome, new Starfinders! And congratulations!” the shirren’s voice telepathically projects. “My speech-name is Zigvigix, but feel free to call me Ziggy, if that would be easier for you. Have some rice candy to celebrate your graduation! Today is your big day!"
“When you are ready, I have two assignments I could use assistance with. The first is to help me secure a new headquarters on Absalom Station. I’ve been in talks with Igna's friends, the Stewards, and they were kind enough to give us ownership of a warehouse here in Downlow for that purpose! The current owners no longer want it because a vicious alien took it over and kills anyone who goes inside. Once the alien is gone and the warehouse cargo has been returned to its owners, we can start installing desks and computers, so please go in and incinerate the creature!
“My second assignment...”
Zigvigix twitches their tooth barbs for a moment and then holds out a credstick. “Please buy the brand-new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, which is out today, and give it to Historia-7 when you see her. She is the head of the Dataphiles, so you should meet her today! I wish to do it myself, but I... I have trouble standing for long periods of time. Thank you very much!”

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis steps up and gives a quick, sharp salute to the Shirren. "Thank you Zigvigix, sir. Is there any information regarding the creature in the warehouse... Species, modes of attack, appearance, activity cycle?" Akkedis, slowly takes the cred stick, and cautiously, "And you wish us to buy cake for Historia-7? A confusing task, but one easily done." Akkedis stares oddly at the Shirren, but remains at attention.

Akkedis is trying to figure out why Zig is buying the album... Does he have the antenna twitches for Historia???

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Zigvigix chuckles to himself. "Not actual Cake. The singing group 'Strawberry Machine Cake' has recently put out a new hit single-a new song, called 'Star Sugar HeartLove!!! They're doing a promotional stunt today where they are putting it out special on a physical space-8track before releasing the Digital copy. Historia-7 has been . . . down as of late, I thought a small gift might cheer her up. Their music always cheers me up at least."

Akkedis doesn't know if Zigvigix is crushing on Historia 7, or if he's just trying to cheer up a friend.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

LN Female Halfling | Themeless Soldier (Bombard) lvl 1 | 7/7 SP | 9/9 HP | 5/5 RP | Init +4 | Perc +2 | SM +0 | EAC 15 | KAC 16 | vs. CM 24 | Move: 40 ft | +2 saves vs. Fear | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Steward Infiltrator

Igna looks around the graffiti covered park: "Err... nice digs, sir!"

"Oh! The alien thats' been on the news, sir? Well... that's an assignment for us! And, your shopping list? We'll get that done too."

She takes a rice candy.

"When's that sale happening? Now? Or can we go check out the warehouse first?"

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

"Strawberry Machine Cake?" the young dwarf points to one of the stickers on her armor and clicks a couple of buttons. "I would love to meet them. Do you think this will help us get backstage or at least a good spot in line?" GalDCCII blinks her Starfinder signal on and off in tune to the beat now playing on her earbud.

How many entrances into this warehouse? Beside the natural harpoon, is there any better description?
Life Sciences: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


"The physical copies don't go on sale for another hour or so, so you can take care of the warehouse and then head over for the album if you want." Ziggy replies to Igna.

"As for the creature, I'm sad to say I've never seen it's like before. I heard someone calling it a 'feather stalker,' though it's killed at least two, so don't let it's name fool you. Apparently some two-bit gang leader thought it would make a good pet and smuggled it onto the station. Thing promptly ate him, then broke out of its confines and decided to take up residence in this warehouse here," he points to a warehouse about half a block away with some caution tape and Stewards around.

"Thing seems to think the warehouse is its den. It hasn't tried to leave in the past several hours. Here, security cameras caught a picture of the thing."

Ziggy sends a picture to everyone's commlinks. GalDCCII has never seen anything like it before.

"Oh, and only the one entrance as far as I know . . ." Ziggy adds as an afterthought.

Acquisitives

Half-Orc Corporate Agent Envoy 2 | SP 12/12, HP 1/18, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 14 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 |

Zaknar listens to the shirren with clear interest. His only response is an eyebrow raise, a charming smile, and a "This could be fun."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk| Death-Touched | Soldier (Forerunner/Shock & Awe: 2) | SP: 18/18; HP: 20/20; RP: 3/3 | BAB: +2; EAC: 15; KAC: 17; CMD: 25 | F+4; R+2; W+3; +3 v fear, +2 v blind & deaf| Init: +2; Perc: +5; Lowlight Vision | Spd: 25' | Vesk War Chant

Akkedis questions, "Since this may be a new species, are we to capture it alive or is it deemed to dangerous?"

Akkedis nods, "Apologies sir, I am... Unacquainted with the sugared pop musical culture. We will get the Strawberry Cake Making Music Machine audio recording and deliver it to Historia-7." Akkedis turns his attention to his teammates, "Does anyone have experience capturing or hunting such creatures? I have some skill, but it is long since I hunted last."

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | SP 0/14 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +4, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 0. Photon 3. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn looks grumpily at Zaknar, "Fun? Which part do you think will be fun? The pest control or the errand running?"

The Manifold Host

Female LN Dwarven Vanguard 1 SP 11, HP 14, RP 4 EAC 13 12 (14)KAC 1615 (17); F 5, R 2, W 1; Perception 1

GalDCCII shakes her head at the vesk. She pulls a chunk of metal from her back, a round objec5 with an avuncular lion on it. She puts it in front of her like a shield and lowers the faceplate of her helmet. "I will go in first though." She is smiling, but it doesn't sound like it in her voice.

1 to 50 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VampByDay's SFS 1-02 game, the commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.