A River of Time.

Game Master Havocprince

A Song of Ice and Fire alternate history.


451 to 500 of 806 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Aaralyn:
A darkened passage sits beyond the door, and a horrible cold chills your skin. As you stand before the door you can hear quiet sobbing beyond... it almost sounds like Lyanna.


Aaralyn Karstark

W-what? No:
"Lyanna?" Aaralyn gasped as she heard the sobs. All worry and caution to the wind, Aaralyn ran into the darkness. "Lyanna! I'm here! What's wrong?"


Maester Anders:
If you want, I will force a scene where you track down one of the brothers.

Aaralyn:
Aaralyn runs for what seems like a year and a moment... the cold seeps through her entire being. Fear grips your heart and silence rules the dim dank depths. A wind blows from the tunnel, as a slow cold breath. Ahead stands a collection of statues and some people moving among them.


Aaralyn Karstark

Unexpected:
Shaking uncontrollably, Aaralyn moved foreword nervously. She tried to look at the statues and those who walked in this place. "Where am I?" She wondered softly to herself.


In the morning, Maester Anders finds the brother's in the lord's hall. He seems torn and tired, and his sigh belies his concerns.

"Your father is not well. I deem him no longer fit to rule your House, the Maester speaks bluntly when in private. "My treatments may provide him with an opportunity to hand over the reins in proper form, but I would advise against asking more of him."


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Lothar grimaces involuntarily but recovers his composure rapidly.

"How long...how long does he have left? And how did he hide it? Mother can barely move."


Aaralyn:
As Aaralyn tries to figure out were she is, two things become clear. The statues are of Lord Rickard, and Brandon... and Lyanna. And, more pressing the people running through are mere children in the company of a giant. As Aaralyn tries to make sense of the scene she starts to hear whispers from all around... and then those whispers become a roar. Lord Rickard bellowing in inhuman pain, Brandon screaming for his father as his voice is cut short by a sickening gurgle, and Lyanna screaming for Rhaeger as if he was the only thing standing between her and the stranger.... the roar becomes a deafening howl until one of the boys, the one carried by the giant, looks dead at you with white eyes and says but one phrase that will haunt you for the rest of your time... "You can't save them all..."


Aaralyn Karstark

We will see:
Aaralyn shivered and fell silent when she realized where she was... or at least where she believed she was. She had never gone down to the tombs of Winterfell. Each time she passed it though she could feel its presence. Like whispers that has been far too soft to make out. Aaralyn could even recall a time when she was visiting Winterfell, to meet Eddard in fact, and had gotten away from her family. Finding herself at the doors of the tomb. The whispers had drawn her to the doors, to listen. Moments later she remembered being pulled away to meet Lord Stark, demanding to know who she was and what she was doing. Honest and proud Aaralyn told him. Then placing a hand upon she answered his second question "They're whispering." The following look on Lord Stark's face made Aaralyn nervous enough to back away. It wasn't one of anger but... almost fear.

Either way the voices where almost defining now, and Aaralyn had to cover her ears with her hands. Only to look up and meet the eyes of one of the children. His words wrang louder than the voices and Aaralyn responrd in kind. Eyes gleaming from pure silver to a flash of gold that last less that a heartbeat. "Watch me."


"It's remarkable that he kept us in the dark this long," Maester Anders admits, embarrassed and guilt-ridden. After that, he has little to offer, "it's hard to say how long he has to live. But the more you ask of him, the faster he will fade. As his physician, I recommend against any strenuous activity. As counsel to your house, I believe that it is important that your father give his son the right to rule."

"And precipitating the marriage may very well be required," Anders suggests. Callous, but sound advice.


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

"I do not think we need to ask much of Father, surely? And Lothar, I doubt you would be too upset to be wed soon.", adds Lothar with a chuckle.


"I will look into what specific arrangements need to be made for Daire to take over the House and estate," Maester Anders promises. "As for the wedding, Lady Aaralyn should be invited to voice her opinion. In fact, I recommend against keeping her in the dark about any of this."

The Maester looks to both brothers to make the hard decisions.


Aaralyn:
As Aaralyn screams her defiance at the warning, the screams and whispers become a rushing wind and she is thrown forward as she springs awake. Looking down at her half finished letter, she realizes she fell asleep at her desk.


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Darne rubbed his temples. It seemed that last night had indeed been as bad if not worse than it had seemed. He had hoped for better news to at least allow his father to maintain being the face of the house till the wedding, even if Darne had had to take over all the responsibilities beyond appearances.

He looked to the Maester and nodded "Please, look into what needs to be done...as well as any potential temporary boons to his health you might even be able to manage in case he feels he must show strength towards outsiders...even if for a few hours. I don't wish to push such things upon him, but we do no longer live in a world in which we can simply show such weakness easily." he said with remorse and a bit of despair in his voice.

He looked to his Brother and the Maester. "I had planned to find you all later and bring Aaralyn into a very similar conversation...once I had spoken to father about at least assuming his responsibilities even if I could not be the true Lord of the House. But, it seems you thought long and hard as I did through the night and came to the same conclusion. I will speak to her privately then shortly. I worry whether our parents will have the strength to survive a noble wedding, with the potential guests we will have but I will leave that decision to Aaralyn and Lord and Lady Naelareon. They are all owed that much respect at least." he said voicing his opinions after sitting and listening to the two men for a while.


Aaralyn Karstark

"Wh...what?" Aaralyn muttered sleepily as she looked around and noticed her letter half finished. 'Was... was it all just a dream?' She wondered as she went through at that happened. 'It had to of been else it was... but no... it couldn't have been... could it..?' Placing her quill down, Aaralyn ran her hands over her face. "And I remembered that time at Winterfell..." Aaralyn sighed as she forced herself to finish the letter.

The letter:
'Father, things are quiet here. Everyone is busy getting ready for the wedding. Lord Naelareon seems over joyed about the match. Apparently he drank

Aaralyn stopped herself. No he hadn't, that rumor was something she heard in her dream. Annoyed with herself she set the now ruined letter aside and began again.

Letter 2:
'Father, everything is quiet here. As everyone is busy making arrangements for the wedding. My betrothed seems a good man, we speak from time to time. I have been treated well, and spend most of my time with my soon to be mother-in-law reading to her. I will be glad to see you all again soon. Your daughter, Aaralyn Karstark'

Then she waited for the ink to dry before sealing the letter up. Taking the second letter Aaralyn made her way to the Maester's office.


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

"I would not force father or mother to attend unless we had to for the House. But even then..."

Lothar is clearly very uncomfortable with the idea of forcing his sick parents to do anything strenuous.


aaralyn:
As you wend your way to the Maester's workspace you pass servants. They are discussing some weirdness with the Lord. Some whisper that he has taken ill, while others swear he has been poisoned. All involved cease their rumor mongering whenever you draw near. Inside the Maester's room his chamber sits empty. The crow is not out, and in fact is perched most comfortably within its cage.


Aaralyn Karstark

'Illness, poison?' Aaralyn wondered as she stepped through the halls. She would have to bring that up to Darne later, but now was not the time. If the rumors would true she would learn soon enough.

When she entered the Maester's office she could only let out a long sigh. Glad was she to see the crow within its cage and no three eyes. Aaralyn placed the letter upon the Maester's desk and made her way out of the room. The dream had made her feel uncomfortable and even being in the room made it worse. From there she began to make her way back to her room.


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Darne took his leave from the meeting with the Maester. This whole thing was exhausting and it seemed worse than he had let himself fear. Still, it was better to hold some kind of normalcy around the hall at least till everything was made official. His chest tightened a bit as he thought of the fact that soon he would be Lord of the House.

He found one of his pages and gave them a note to bring to Aaralyn or her handmaiden to ask she join him for lunch. He listed the location as his own chambers, the privacy would be assured there even if it might offer the chance for a rumor or two to be had. Still, privacy was the most important and his room was plenty big enough to house three or four for lunch.

He made his way to the kitchens and instructed them to make an intimate meal for this afternoon and to have his room prepared for two with the possibility for up to four people to eat in case Nan and Tele demanded to be there to ensure her safety.

Once all that was done, he went about his own duties for a period till it was close to time for his 'date'.


Aaralyn Karstark

Aaralyn returned to her room only to find a note waiting for her. An invitation to lunch with her betrothed... in his chambers? She thought it was an odd place to choose for lunch and even commented as so. "With how chatty those here are I am sure this will bring rumors." Aaralyn said as she set the note down upon her desk.

"Well, I guess I should get ready." Aaralyn stated as she turned to Tele and Nan. "What do you two think of this? And the rumors that are already going around?"


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Lothar seeks sparring partners. Several, if they are willing. He has much energy to burn off.


Anders:
To pass on the Lordship Lord Naelareon would have to formally relinquish the title to his heir. There would be a formal ceremony, and usually since it is being passed while the man is alive he would be headed into retirement... normally as part of the religious orders or such.

Aaralyn:
Nan is the first to speak, "Not much to tell. House is in a tizzy and every person from low to high is walking on a spring thaw. As to the Lord's health, not my place to be hearing such rumors . Every one has a snippet of gossip and they are all at odds."

Tele chimes in,[b]"Tandi's tight lipped bout it all, and the word among those who have an ear for it is the Lord has some plague. Sarra heard through Bessa, who was told by Eunice who was informed by her boy Coren that the Lord is ill and may be dying.

Lothar:
You stomp down to the yard looking for a match... only to find Odo sparring with a man you had not seen before. The man he is sparring against moves quick and hard, giving Odo a harder time than you ever have seen someone manage.


Aaralyn Karstark

Troubles:
Aaralyn closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "If that is true our planning might have to be moved up..." She muttered. Then she turned and looked to Tele a slight raised eyebrow. "Think I should wear that red gown? I'm still unsure if I need to impress or not."


Aaralyn:
Nan gives Tele a look that could wither the wall, as if to tell the girl she overshared the tales of a collection of gossiping hens. Tele for her part does not notice as she is now engrossed in the dress plans. "Red dress might be a bit much, what will you have to escalate the look if there is a party to your honour. I think he is the one who needs impress you." Nan does nod her head at this advice, though she is a bit more thoughtful in her expression. It is the first time in your memory that Tele has just ignored the stare of chastisement.


Aaralyn Karstark

Time to get ready then.:
"Don't be too upset with her Nan. I need all the information I can get at the moment." Aaralyn pointed out but she did nod to Tele in agreement. "Alright, I leave myself in you capable hands." She told them. She wanted to talk to them about her dream but... that could wait.


aaralyn and darne:
The night rushes in quickly, and soon you are sat before each other with the stares of many attending small folk defending both your honours. The tension and secrets between you both seem to make a near impenetrable fog of worry.


GM:
Noted. I'll get that going once Darne has discussed with his wife to be and is ready to move forward... Does Anders have the medicine required to keep Lord Naelareon going for such an event?


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Dinner:

Darne pursed his lips a bit in frustration as his room became cramped rather quick. In the stress of the situation and with all the other things to worry about, he'd forgotten how noble's etiquette would go in such a situation.

He smiled politely at Aaralyn and her two smallfolk before looking around the room at the amount of people in it. "It seems I made a small mistake in my choice of locations...I know it's a bit impolite to ask you to join me and then to ask my guests to have to serve themselves...but perhaps for comfort's sake and to preserve our privacy would you be opposed for this meal we serve ourselves?" he said trying to sound less stressed and more apologetic and embarrassed.


Aaralyn Karstark

More like dinner and a show:
Aaralyn, who has leaned her elbow onto the table to use her hand to cover her smirking lips, gave a small nod. "I'm sure we can manage." She agreed. Really it was rather entertaining to see Darne fumble a bit but also felt like a slight. A reminder that she was being given to a common born who was playing noble.

"So, to what do we own this?" She asked. "Wanted a chance to speak of a meal? You are almost always moving so, tracking you down to speak with you is a task."


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Meeting:

Lothar approaches.

"Odo! Care to introduce me to your new sparring partner? I fancy getting in a few rounds myself when you're done."

He does try to get the measure of the man, and maybe his identity, even as he speaks.

I'm not sure what to roll here. I'll try these, and see what you think.

Awareness: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

Fighting: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 2, 4) = 22

Warfare: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3) = 9


Lothar:
Odo is momentarily distracted by you, giving his opponent an opening that he takes full advantage of. A leather boot connects with Odo's unprotected groin, and the man's sword darts down to lay the point directly against Odo's exposed neck. He turns and nods to you, flashing a smile before helping Odo to his feet. Odo grumbles a bit at the proffered hand, but decides it isn't worth staying where he is. "Oh, I think I can introduce myself while our good friend here gains his wind. You may call me Kyros." The man's thick accent makes his words sound as like a man trying to seduce a lover, every word carrying the promise of excitement and mystery.The fighting helps, you have never seen anyone fight in the manner he does, his blade is short and shaped more like a stiletto than any sword you have normally come a crossed. Whoever he is, he is well versed in combat not practiced in the seven kingdoms.


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Fair Speech:

Lothar winces when he realises that he distracted Odo, and there is a flash of regret in his eyes. But what is done is done.

"I am Lothar Naelareon, son of Lord Naelareon. And I would know where you learned to fight, Kyros. I am unfamiliar with that style, being an axeman of the Seven Kingdoms."

He leaves a hint that he recognises the man's foreign ways.

Darne would be proud! Or wince...


Lothar:
Kyros continues to smile as he makes a deep sweeping bow before the young lordling. Words flow from the man's lips like little blooms of promise. "What, my meager skill? Just blade art I picked up here and there in my travels. As I said, I am called Kyros and I am a simple merchant from Myr. Your father and mine go back a ways, a deal here a wager there. Now that he is noble lord, well he has access to more trade yes no? I wait to be seen, and amuse myself as I wait, please to join yes?"


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Thinking:

[ooc]Does Lothar remember anything about a merchant from Myr? Or anyone from Myr who would be known to his father? Even in passing comment?


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Not so private Dinner:

Darne looked around at those at attendance and sent away those that he could. He still wasn't pleased with how many would be still in attendance but the whole house would know soon enough.

He cleared his throat slightly after her questions and even managed a soft chuckle at her accurate assessment of his eccentricities. He shook his head and his face became a bit more serious.

"I had wished our first private meal was for more joyous of conversations. But, I don't wish to keep anything from you that is mine to give. I'm sure that there are rumors spreading throughout the household despite the discretion I asked for." he says. He looks to the those that are there to assure their honour.

"I trust that this conversation will not leave this room. Please..." he said his voice softening a bit with the plea.

Persuasion Charm: 5d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 5, 4) + (1) = 22
Potential Reroll: 1d6 ⇒ 4
22 if it is needed to try and persuade them to not gossip.

He turned towards his actual guests "I apologize for forgetting the difficulties of nobility and their meetings, things have become more stressful very suddenly. I will speak frankly. My father has been hiding his illness even from his family. Unfortunately, he has the same illness as my mother and it has finally taken it's toll upon him. Last night he collapsed but our Maester has assured us that he will recover. However, the stress of the daily rigours of being Lord would be too much for his state of health." he said trying to explain the situation as plainly as possible.

"We are looking at what needs to be done formally for Lord Naelareon to retire, which means that I will be taking over the duties of Lord of the House for the time being and will become the Lord sooner than expected. This creates a few more issues. I would not wish to take away from our wedding but I am not sure how the festivities will effect my parents health. But, I would not wish to insult your family by doing anything that you or your family would oppose." he said looking directly at Aaralyn.

He seemed to pause and hold his breath here to let her take in the situation and speak.


Lothar:
Your father has many associates, and it is not surprising that he might know someone from Myr, but no one in particular comes to mind.


Aaralyn Karstark

Then honest truth:
"The servants already know." Aaralyn said as gently as she could. "Rumor run wild but what can you honestly expect?" She asked with a small shrug of her shoulders. "I am sorry to hear that your father has fallen ill... and with your mother in her condition..." Aaralyn went off 'This will break her heart... I don't know if she can survive that.."

"I cannot help you father's condition, but I can help you with formalities." Aaralyn began, "Your father would need to step down and abdicate his power to you. It would make you Lord of House Naelareon. He could still advise you on his good days, but spend most of his days resting. Though you latter statement tells me you're worried about the betrothal. As we are now, you have my father's word that I am to be your wife but the engagement hasn't been sealed yet. No engagement gift has been given, so if you become Lord of the House any agreements made by the previous Lord can either be up held or rejected. ... or moved." Aaralyn explained. "There is little over a month left till our wedding. It doesn't take long to make the proper papers for abdicate and get them out to all of the other Lords. If you wish we can postpone the wedding date, but that decisions must be made quickly. Letters have already reached their intended parties, and some might already be traveling here. You could also, if you so choose, break the engagement all together. With no engagement gift your House has made no promise and my dowry has yet to be sent, so at this point it is by word alone."


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Aaralyn and Darne:

Darne looked perhaps a bit surprised at her offering a more analytical appraisal of the situation and what could be done as a noble. Still, he sat back and listened to her politely till she was finished.

He smiled "I appreciate you offering me information on all my choices. Though, I'm surprised at you offering me ways to get out of our marriage. I have had no concerns about continuing with what our fathers had arranged, provided my betrothed was willing and interested. The reason I wanted to tell you all this was to see how you felt about how this changes things. You marrying me would mean going from a first born daughter of the North thrust straight into becoming a Lady of the Riverlands. You haven't even had a chance to tour the Riverlands, stretch your legs, and get used to life here." he said watching her with ome curiosity.

"I had also considered doing a smaller wedding with a more restricted guest list to ease the burden of the even on my parents. However, I wanted to see how you felt about things during this dinner before going to their bedside together and speaking with them." he said finally before awaiting whatever she may decide.


Aaralyn Karstark

Darne and Aaralyn:
Aaralyn slowly smiled at Darne's words. She had wondered if he would take to the opportunity to try a negotiate a better match for himself. Yet it seemed he agreed with his father's choice. "Thank you, for thinking about how comfortable I'd feel in the Riverlands. But I do not mind a swifter transaction. There was always a chance I'd end up married to a Lord. I was raised to be a Lady of a House. The time scale being moved up will not be a problem. The smaller wedding however..." Aaralyn drifted off a bit as she tried to think.

Status: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 5) = 14
Just how bad would that be?

"This is not something we could survive." Aaralyn finally said. "It could be just a scandal if only local Lords had been invited. But we have royalty coming. At the very least the crown prince. The shame alone would destroy this House... So if the wedding is to happen, is must happen on the time scale we have set before us." She told him.


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Thinking Concluded:

"Aye, Kyros, it would please me to join in. I would see more of the skill you have picked up here and there. Care to spar?"

Lothar had earlier taken his battleaxe and shield, which he now reaches for.


Lothar:
Kyros smiles as Odo backs out of the square. The crowd of people that had been watching starts murmur as people start making bets. Flipping the blade in his hand, he tosses it to his left hand before pulling a small stiletto from his belt.

"Let us be at it then, M'lord."

Agility test for combat Lothar.


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Aaralyn and Darne:

Darne listens quietly and at the end he leans back in his chair sighing a bit. "That...was what I was afraid of and expected. Then it would be best to just carry on and deal with everything as it hits as we had discussed before. Hopefully, with a bit of help from your family, our fledgling family might just make it through this wedding to grow. After all, they'll need our mercantile connections to survive the winter without bankrupting." he said toying with a bit of his hair.

He shook his head after a moment and then at up straight and proper again and looked across the table. "Well, with all the business spoken of...let us eat this lovely dinner before it spoils due to the bad air or growing cold." he said picking up his glass of wine and toasting to their health.


Aaralyn Karstark

Darne and Aaralyn:
"Well, not all the business but enough to be spoken of in one sitting." Aaralyn agreed as mirrored his action and picked up her gown glass in a toast.

After that she politely began to serve herself, hoping Tele and Nan would do the same now. "So, have you actually been reading the updates for the wedding preparations?" Aaralyn asked curiously.


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Game:

Lothar cannot help but flash a grin as he readies himself.

Agility: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 1) = 15


Lothar:
You have the first action.


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Dinner Unfinished:

Darne paused slightly at her quick retort but nodded and started serving himself as well. He raised a brow and paused slightly at her question. "I'm afraid I have not as of yet, however I do suspect I will be seeing such things by tomorrow at the least. I have much to pick up and study tonight after, if you'll indulge me, we pay our respects to my parents and inform them of what we plan to do."

He began eating once the others had served themselves and all the niceties had been followed.


Aaralyn Karstark

Dinning Dialog:
"Well I do tend to spend some time reading to your mother and teaching her how to read so, we could take that time to speak to them about what we have planned then." She suggested as she politely began eating. Aaralyn is quiet for a few moments as she ate before asking. "Do you wish to write and tell my father this? Or shall I?"


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Letters?:

Darne looked a bit surprised at all that he was being told. He smiled politely, it was a sweet thing that Aaralyn was doing for his mother and something the two could bond over for sure. He used to tell his mother stories of his adventures when he was younger but as he grew older, the responsibilities continued to pile on and on.

However, telling her father...hmm that was something he hadn't even considered at the moment. "I will admit I do not have much in the way of a relationship with your Father. I worry that a letter from me would look like I had done something nefarious to push myself to the top. But, I trust that he will look kindly upon me given that I intend to continue our families union. I will write him a letter, letting him know that by the time he arrives I will be the Lord of the House. I had better get used to the situations all the same. Might as well do so first with an ally." he said after a time.

He looked at Aaralyn "Speaking of dowries, I had thoughts on the matter. The North isn't well known for it's farmland and the difficulties of a winter complicate such matters further. I was thinking of setting up a shipment to go back with them of grains and vegetables. I haven't had the chance to look over our coffers and find the merchants necessary so that our own lands won't be burdened by the shipment I was considering. I imagine I can find the bulk of it at the Riverland ports up and down the rivers buying the excess at market." he said before taking up a cup of wine and drinking of it.


Aaralyn Karstark

Dowry vs engagement gift:
"Be honest with my father and it will go a long way." Aaralyn encouraged Darne. "Tell him what has happened but that you still plan to uphold the promise your father and mine made."

"You have no need to worry about a dowry. My father would have paid your father my dowry but now it will be paid to you. What you have to worry about right now is an engagement gift. Without one the engagement is in name only and easily broken. If you wish to send food North to Karhold as an engagement gift I would gladly accept that. The winter was long and hard. My people would be most welcoming towards it." Aaralyn said as she looked at her own plate. Small servings from the dishes before them sat upon it and almost everything has a tasteful bite taken from it. It had been some time since she had variety of food like this, with winter being as hard as it had been most if not all had lost some weight. Aaralyn had rarely considered what she'd want as an engagement gift, such things could differ greatly depending upon the House her father matched her too. So when offered a chance to use one of the three gifts to help her people, Aaralyn dare not pass it up.


Initiative 4d6 , Combat Defense 11 , Health 12 | Intrigue Defense 7 , Composure 12

Set:

With blinding speed, Lothar powers his axe forward while keeping his shield covering his chest.

Fighting 5 Axes 4B: 9d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 5, 1, 4, 1) = 34 23

I'm unsure of Kyros's combat defense. Battleaxe base damage is equal to Athletics


Combat Initiative 3d6 Defense 13 Health 9 Intrigue Initiative 3d6 Defense 9 Composure 9

Consultation:

Darne nodded was a bit aggravated at himself for getting his words mixed up. Still, he appreciated her advance and candor. "I shall do that then after this. It won't be nothing elegant or too insightful. But I will be sure to be truthful and let him know what to expect upon his arrival."

He scratched his chin and nodded. He had hoped a gift for her people might please her and he was happy to see that she wasn't upset that it didn't go directly to her or her family. This cemented in his mind further that he had gotten lucky with his father's arrangement.

He couldn't think of anything further to add to the conversation so he let it boil over into pleasantries and some minor insight into how she was adjusting.

451 to 500 of 806 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A River of Time. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.