PFS Module Risen from the Sands with GM Deadly Secret (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero


751 to 784 of 784 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Blue Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The skeleton crumbles under the assault of positive energy! Karma crushes the other in her jaws as the rest begin to aim arrows at the party as well.

Shortbow on Helena: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Shortbow on Luli: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


26 Yellow
22 Luli
20 Red
20 Black
20 Gaellin
19 Byron

16 Purple
14 Katsu
9 Helena

Gaellin and Byron are up! Luli recognizes these to be normal skeletons, slightly modified to know how to use bows.

Grand Lodge

HP 0/27 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD 18/FF 15 | F+7 R+5 W+3 | Init +3 | Perception +1

Gaellin rushes forward in an enthusiastic stupor and punches at the skeleton.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Gaellin smashes the skull of his target, causing the remaining bones to collapse to the bottom of the chariot!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


26 Yellow
22 Luli
20 Red
20 Gaellin
19 Byron
16 Purple
14 Katsu
9 Helena

Byron is up!

Dark Archive

Elf male Wizard 3 | hp 17/17 | AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14 | CMD 11 | Initiative: +14* | Low-Light Vision, Perception +8* | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6 | Prescience Remaining: 6/7

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Byron dashes forward, firing a bolt of disruptive energy at the red skeleton.

Using the prescience for the disrupt undead, with a ranged touch of 16.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Byron smites the undead with a spell, nearly finishing it off! The last skeleton tries to return fire, provoking from Gaellin.

Shortbow on Gaellin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


26 Yellow
22 Luli
20 Red (Damage: 3)
20 Gaellin
19 Byron
16 Purple
14 Katsu
9 Helena

Bolded are up! Gaellin can try to finish off the one skeleton with his AoO.

The Concordance

Male Human Fi1/Ro2 HP 20/28 | AC18(Tch 14) FF14 | CMD 17/FF 13 | F+4 R+7 W+2 | Init +4 | Perception +7(+8 vs traps)

Katsu enters blinded blade style, draws his bow as he moves, and then fires at purple.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12
Damage if hit: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 piercing damage

Silver Crusade

Female HP 29/29 | AC 19 tch 10 FF 19 | CMD 18/FF 18 | F+9 R+3 W+3 | Init -1 | Perception -2 Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1/ Fighter (Relic Master) 1/ Oracle (Pei Zin Practitioner) 1

Helena will enter blinded blade style, take a step forward and swipe with her sword at red.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 6 = 14

Grand Lodge

HP 0/27 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD 18/FF 15 | F+7 R+5 W+3 | Init +3 | Perception +1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Gaellin connects, cracking the skull but not quite shattering it. Katsu's arrow goes wide as Helena swipes down with a massive swing that cracks the floor instead. She gets a second chance as the closest skeleton lines up another shot!

Shortbow on Helena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


26 Yellow
22 Luli
20 Red (Damage: 3)
20 Gaellin
19 Byron
16 Purple (Damage: 3)
14 Katsu
9 Helena

Luli is up, Helena has an AoO.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli urges Karma forward towards the remaining skeletons. "The spirits are with us!" he cries. "Just a little bit more!" Again his hand glows as he reaches out towards the skeleton in tattered yellow clothing.

Melee touch, Bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
Positive energy damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (Will 16 to halve)

If Helena takes Yellow down with her AoO, Luli will target Red instead.


N Female Wolf Animal Companion 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None

Karma is quite content to add to her bone collection as she lunges at the skeleton in purple.

Bite, Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Trip, Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Luli touches the undead and once again it crumbles away under the positive energy. Karma snaps at the chariot rider, but the wooden side gets in the way. Stepping back against the wall, the remaining archer continues to fire. The arrow manages to find a chink in Helena's armor, causing a slight trickle of blood.

Shortbow on Helena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage on Helena: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


22 Luli
20 Red (Damage: 3)
20 Gaellin
19 Byron

16 Purple (Damage: 3)
14 Katsu
9 Helena (Damage: 2)

Can Gaellin and Byron finish this? Find out next time!

Dark Archive

Elf male Wizard 3 | hp 17/17 | AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14 | CMD 11 | Initiative: +14* | Low-Light Vision, Perception +8* | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6 | Prescience Remaining: 6/7

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Byron will move forward for a clear shot at the red skeleton.

disrupt undead: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Byron downs another skeleton with a well placed ray to the head!

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


22 Luli
20 Gaellin
19 Byron
16 Purple (Damage: 3)
14 Katsu
9 Helena (Damage: 2)

Grand Lodge

HP 0/27 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD 18/FF 15 | F+7 R+5 W+3 | Init +3 | Perception +1

Gaellin punches the remaining skeleton.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Gaellin smashes the final skeleton, leaving the room empty and quiet once more. Searching around the chariots, it appears neither contains anything else of note. Following the hallway south, you find it turns back to a secret door on this side of the mimic room.

The Concordance

Male Human Fi1/Ro2 HP 20/28 | AC18(Tch 14) FF14 | CMD 17/FF 13 | F+4 R+7 W+2 | Init +4 | Perception +7(+8 vs traps)

Well, now down to brass tacks, how screwed is my character?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

If anyone is willing to spend 5PP (unfortunately, this cannot be shared among multiple PCs) then you can purchase spellcasting services at the listed rate in the core rules from a Silver Crusade medic that gets transported to you. Given the way the dice have been treating you, it may be wise to pay for a higher caster level to get the best chance of success. The chronicle will provide 1237gp that you can use towards these costs and you are welcome to use any items found during the scenario to help recover.

I am assuming you leave the questionable periapt in the pyramid rather than bring it with you. You guessed correctly that it was actually a cursed item, but luckily it did not come with a clause preventing it from being dropped. Let me know if there are any other items you are leaving/bringing out of the pyramid.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli and Karma probably have the best speed for returning to civilization and bringing back a couple scrolls. Be nice to do the treatment here since we have a "scroll" of remove curse available. Alternatively, how much PP does he have available? Spellcasting services for both remove curse and remove disease are 1 PP each, or if he would prefer to use 4 PP total for scrolls, Luli would be happy to help cast them.

Also, Luli can use Misfortune to help shift the odds in our favor as needed!

The Concordance

Male Human Fi1/Ro2 HP 20/28 | AC18(Tch 14) FF14 | CMD 17/FF 13 | F+4 R+7 W+2 | Init +4 | Perception +7(+8 vs traps)

Well, if we send Luli off to get two scrolls of cure disease. The problem is, I might die before they get back. If anyone can make a heal check DC 15, they can grant me a stacking +2 to my fortitude saves. If I take complete bed rest I heal 2 Con damage a day, or 3 I think with a long-term care heal check?
Then, when Luli gets back, she can misfortune herself with one of the checks for cure disease, then misfortune Byron if he reads remove curse. Gives us a few checks off our limited resources. And people can probably keep me alive if we just hang out at this awful temple of awful?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

The problem with that plan is that ability damage does not heal naturally while you are still suffering the affliction. You’d need a lesser restoration to recover those points.

The Concordance

Male Human Fi1/Ro2 HP 20/28 | AC18(Tch 14) FF14 | CMD 17/FF 13 | F+4 R+7 W+2 | Init +4 | Perception +7(+8 vs traps)
Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
The problem with that plan is that ability damage does not heal naturally while you are still suffering the affliction. You’d need a lesser restoration to recover those points.

Well then, I guess the only real option is for me to sit here and making Fort saves as I go, and if I get to 4 Con or less someone coup de gras me and I use that boon to come back and defer the cost later. This is fun. . . Unless someone has/can make Padzhar.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Let me know what route the party would like to take and we can roll it out.

Silver Crusade

Female HP 29/29 | AC 19 tch 10 FF 19 | CMD 18/FF 18 | F+9 R+3 W+3 | Init -1 | Perception -2 Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1/ Fighter (Relic Master) 1/ Oracle (Pei Zin Practitioner) 1

The fluff of my herbalism stuff suggests it can be used to help treat, but there appear to be no mechanics attached to that use, other than identifying potions.

Master Herbalist (Su): A Pei Zin practitioner has mastered countless alchemical techniques that supplement her divine powers and greatly aid her when she heals the sick and wounded. She gains a competence bonus on Profession (herbalist) checks equal to 1/2 her oracle level (minimum 1), and uses her Charisma modifier in place of her Wisdom modifier when attempting Profession (herbalist) checks. Additionally, a Pei Zin practitioner can identify potions as if via detect magic using Profession (herbalist) instead of Spellcraft, and she can attempt such a check after holding a potion for 1 round.

Aside from that I have 4 PP, and 1,400gp, before any gained here, that I would gladly use as I can to assist.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

I think, based on the wording about GM discretion on finding a traveling mystic to cast spells for you, I can waive the 5PP cost for being outside a suitable settlement. I personally have a PC that can travel to your location with ease, so you are welcome to purchase castings of what you need at the caster level you are comfortable with.

Grand Lodge

HP 0/27 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD 18/FF 15 | F+7 R+5 W+3 | Init +3 | Perception +1

Let's rip this band-aid off then.
Remove Curse: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Heal checks if necessary
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

That will clear the curse, leaving the disease to be removed.

The Concordance

Male Human Fi1/Ro2 HP 20/28 | AC18(Tch 14) FF14 | CMD 17/FF 13 | F+4 R+7 W+2 | Init +4 | Perception +7(+8 vs traps)

I'll pay for a CL 10 remove disease from a wondering sage that the GM has kindly allowed. If the NPC sage allows himself to be 'cursed' by Luli that will give him two rolls to overcome the disease.
First roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Second roll if necessary: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Silver Crusade

Female Half-elf Ora15 HP130/130 AC25 TC14 FF21 CMD26 F+13 R+14 W+16 (+2 Enchantments, +2 Death) Init +2 Perc +3 (Lifesense 30) Spd 30 Channels 11/12 Active Buffs: Defending Bone 50/50, Delay Poison, Status, Life Bubble, Heroes Feast, Air Walk, Freedom of Movement, Resist Energy Fire 30, Barkskin, Mage Armor, Heroism

There is a loud pop of displaced air as a half-elf in mithral armor appears. The spiral of Pharasma hangs from her neck. "Excellent work in exploring this tomb, Pathfinders. I am Venture Captain Sierra Heartward, of the Silver Crusade. You have not sullied the name of the Society and we do not leave agents lost in the lurch." With words of power, she touches Katsu with one white gloved hand to remove the disease with holy energy. "Please submit your donation to the temple of Pharasma when you return." she advises him before turning to the rest of the party. "If you have accomplished all that you need here, I can return you to the lodge with a word of recall."

The transportation is flavor, not actual spellcasting services. :)

Silver Crusade

Female HP 29/29 | AC 19 tch 10 FF 19 | CMD 18/FF 18 | F+9 R+3 W+3 | Init -1 | Perception -2 Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1/ Fighter (Relic Master) 1/ Oracle (Pei Zin Practitioner) 1

"Thank you for your assistance. I would gladly accept your offer of transportation. There is always evil at work, and time spent in travel limits my time to confront it, or to take upon myself suffering that other might not have to."

Grand Lodge

HP 0/27 | AC14 tch14 FF11 | CMD 18/FF 15 | F+7 R+5 W+3 | Init +3 | Perception +1

Gaellin sways unsteadily as he offers his waterskin, "Oh! Well hello there. Interested in some applejack?"

Silver Crusade

Female Half-elf Ora15 HP130/130 AC25 TC14 FF21 CMD26 F+13 R+14 W+16 (+2 Enchantments, +2 Death) Init +2 Perc +3 (Lifesense 30) Spd 30 Channels 11/12 Active Buffs: Defending Bone 50/50, Delay Poison, Status, Life Bubble, Heroes Feast, Air Walk, Freedom of Movement, Resist Energy Fire 30, Barkskin, Mage Armor, Heroism

"Thank you, but no." the venture captain declines. "I am certain someone at the lodge with share in celebrating with you, however."

The Concordance

Male Human Fi1/Ro2 HP 20/28 | AC18(Tch 14) FF14 | CMD 17/FF 13 | F+4 R+7 W+2 | Init +4 | Perception +7(+8 vs traps)

Katsu thanks Sierra profusely and even plays some Shamisen music for her in appreciation.

Day Job: Perform-String w/ Mwk Shamisen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Yes, thank you for running. Despite me being a sourpus, it was all directed at the scenario, you were great.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Linking hands, the Pharasmin speaks a single word, instantly transporting the party back to the Sandswept Hall. Venture Captain Norden Balentiir is overjoyed at the items collected and historical findings the party was able to recover. He promises many days of rest and recuperation before your next mission and invites you to enjoy the hospitality of the lodge while the expedition is documented in the Pathfinder Chronicles.

Congratulations on surviving the deadly tomb and completing Risen From The Sands!

751 to 784 of 784 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS Module Risen from the Sands with GM Deadly Secret All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.