Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


551 to 585 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Between the severed tendrils being ripped out of her and that last hit, Imrizade is looking very near death's door, but the ancient Osirion man behind/around her forces her body to continue. You do notice that she is not healing nearly as much as she had been. A flash of multicolored light covers the room, hitting Elwyn, Grundle, and Zombie 1 and 3.

Spellcraft DC 16

Perception DC 20:
She is actually using a hidden wand rather than casting the spell itself.

Elwyn Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 (DC 11)
Grundle Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 (DC 11)

Let me know if you have anything that gives bonus's to Illusions, Mind-Effects, or visual related spells.

Group 2 is up

Init Round 2:

Group 1
Garak
Grundle
Leonel
Imrizade

Group 2
Griflet
Elwyn
Angruf
Evigail

Group 3
Fast Zombie 1
Fast Zombie 3
Fast Zombie 5

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1
Evigail 'Seaweed' Brandiday wrote:

AoO? If not...

"Sorry for putting them that close to you Elwyn!

No worries, we'll get 'em!

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Thanks, yeah he would've gone for the arms. Grundle's a half-elf so he should get bonuses to Enchantments? No AoO against the lady from him.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23.
She has a wand of... of... I don't know what it does!" Seaweed yells.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Still growling like an animal, Griflet attacks the zombie in front of Garak.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10

Damage: 1d12 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 2 = 19

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Griflet, do you charge?

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn pivots and seeing that Zombie 1 is flanked tries to finish it off.

Attack w, MW Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Griflet charges and flanks with Grundle against zombie 3, cleaving it even with his broken great sword as Elwyn slice at the one near him, though not enough to put it down for good. Angruf continues to inspire greatness within himself and his allies, drops his crossbow, draws a dagger and throws it, hoping to finish the job.
Dagger: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Just need an action from Evigail, and then the zombie(s) get a go.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Winds, I hope this works like it does in my head." Seaweed steps forward and blasts a zombie into the gate.
wind blast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
"Cut the Blackrose free, when I heal her I don't want to heal that thing too!"

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"Yeh didn't have ter tell me twice to cut her down from this thing!"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

It may not have been clear earlier. The gate is closed, currently. It seems to only partially be working at all, with small "rips" opening from time to time, but not nearly large enough to push a body through. With that in mind, if you want to change your action, I'll allow it, as the likely outcome would simply be that the zombie would be pushed up against the wall behind the gate, or hitting the gate itself, but not traveling to whatever bizarre realm exists on the other side of it. Just let me know, I was under the impression that you wanted to try to force "teleport" the zombie, which you would be able to see before hand isn't really possible. If you just want to push it a few feet, then that's cool, too.

@ Griflet and Elwyn:
There was a small issue with the init order. Essentially , both of you targeted the same zombie, which I don't think you would have wanted. Elwyn went first, but wouldn't have dropped it, while Griflet went last and did so in one hit, (even without Elwyn).However, if Griflet wouldn't have targeted that zombie, he would have missed completely, (so no damage). So, what I did was had Elwyn 5ft step up and target the other zombie, still able to sneak attack, and spread out the damage a bit, which I think would have been a little more clear in a table top game, and the way you probably would have done it. Let me know if that's not ok, and we can switch it back, ok.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Oh. :( I think I saw the gate pic and didn't see any further than what I wanted to see. :)
Winds Seaweed! What is in your head? Take the zombies down and let the others get the woman!" the cleric curses at Seaweed.
Channel to harm undead (DC 16 for half). 1d6 ⇒ 5
channel 5/6.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

As Evigail calls on his divine powers, a sort of mastery of the very forces of life and death, zombie 1 catches fire, overcome with the positive energy that floods the room.

Zombie 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
The final undead takes minimal damage, seemingly resisting the energy and either directed by the strange male ghost or just outright attacking the nearest living meat, swings a few times at Leonel.

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 <vs AC 16>
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 <vs AC 16>
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Back to Group 1

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel attempts to cleave the brain into pudding.
greatsword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12, damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 6) + 11 = 22

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Just curious, is everyone adding their +1 to Attack and Damage from Angruf's Bardic ability?

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Attack 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Attack 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Damage 1 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 2 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grundle screams again, mostly incoherently at the remaining tentacle(s?) holding the woman bound and captive.

Crit Confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Crit Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Where were those rolls early, brother. . .

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

I am good with the redirection GM, I was trying to figure out which one to attack and thought he was going for the other one. Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

5ft step attack the zombie Yelling while almost crying DIE YOU NASTY THING

Attack
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

1d6 ⇒ 5

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Update to come soon.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

FINAL SCENE: Conclusion. . .

Garak slashes at the remaining zombie, but can't land a solid hit. Grundle's flails whirl, striking the remaining tentacles with enough force that they are pulled from Imrazide's body, leaving strange bored holes that do not heal. Her body so close to death, her will locked away behind the chains of a possessing ghost, it forces her to push on. Chanting begins, barely a whisper, still in that strange male voice, the spidery words of magic. A final spell, a last resort, meant to devastate both his enemies and even the body he controls, if need be. Arcane magic crackles at his hands as he summons it, focuses it.

"Ade Due, . . . Damballa! . . . ", he continues, forcing his will over the elements, until, with a look of shock, followed by horror, the ghost stops, looking at Leonel, standing over the remains of his strange canoptic container, sword covered in what was once his preserved brain. It only takes a second, but with an unending scream, the spirit of Kuburrum Ishme-Dagan is destroyed, freeing Imrizade.

Wounded nearly to death, she falls to her knees. Her darker Osirioni skin is now pale, and wounds still occupy both the sites where the tentacles had plunged themselves into her as well as the wound in her chest from the rifle shot, not fully healed. Though still pained, in the extreme, a small smile, one that conveys the truest appreciation and respect one can show is such a simple gesture crosses her face as she looks at all of you, for saving her, but also for stopping the creature from using her, from opening the portal, from who knows what else. Her now dark green eyes fill with tears, ones she had been forced to hold back from pain up until now, but now due to relief.

Unable to force her body to remain erect, even on her knees, she falls, face first into the dais. Behind her, the softly glowing green portal flashes, then again. After a few seconds, it does so again, followed by another and another much more quickly. Soon it flares and then grows dark at the rate of 1 second, and then many times within a second, playing strange tricks on your eyes and mind, which can not adapt to the light and darkness within the room fast enough to keep up. One section of the portal cracks, sending a large green lightning bolt through the room. Then another crack, and a third. A forth, more lightning. Finally, unable to handle it's own energies, the portal, it's strange metal beyond it's own limit, tumbles, collapsing to the ground. The metal, whatever it is, continues to glow, though in smaller portions, it sheds less light. It manages to miss most of Imrizade's nearly unclothed body, but not by much. Her breathing is fast, shallow, and noticeably labored.

Just a small reminder, there are still a few things that can/should be done. It's not actually over just yet. . .

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Like heal her and open that chest?
And kill a zombie?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

yes, yes, yes, and at least 1 more thing.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"I am changing my mind. I get the women. You get the zombie." Seaweed rushes to Imrizade and washes the fallen women with the power of nature as once again the sound of wind crossing waves sounds throughout the room.
. If you need to hold this until ini order please do. :C Convert last spell to CLW.
1d8 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

To be honest, you can basically skip init.

Evigail rushes forward, carried slightly on the same magical winds that he had used as a weapon torrent before. At her side, he begins to ask for divine aid in healing the woman, and her wounds begin to close, knitting together more naturally than she'd been healing just moments before. While (s)he is administering aid, the others quickly finish off the last zombie, hardly even a threat. Garak, Griflet, and Grundle, (the three G's), gather up the remains of the canister, which should suffice for Major Maldris's request, and bag it.

Imrizade begins to turn, and finally rises to a knee. Confused, but not angry, "Who are you? What are you doing here?" she asks weakly.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

"Um not quite sure my self" ill state trying to regain my composure looking for my jacket...

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle grunts at the woman, although not in his usual gruff manner,"Pathfinders. We were hired ter find yeh. Yer in good comp'ny now...ain't nothin' gonna keep yeh bound like that again. Least not while I'm 'round."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel wipes brains from his sword with a rag and tosses it away. "That was disgusting. And exhausting. Who wants to go loot a chest? Assuming you're feeling alright, lady."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Seeing the others attending to Imrizade, Elwyn can't keep his attention off of the chest.

He first checks for traps and to see if it is locked.

Trapfinding: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Then, tries to disable/unlock it.

Disable Device (disable trap if necessary): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Disable Device (unlock chest if necessary): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

"Let's see what we have here ..."

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Still weak and exhausted, needing more rest than further healing, Pathfinders? What are you doing here? I mean, how, how did you even know. . .? I am Imrizade Blakros, and on behalf of the Blakros family, thank you. As much as I hate to think of it that way, you have "saved the princess". And I promise that you will be rewarded. But what chest are you talking about?"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

edit for Elwyn's post

"Have him stop! It's not what you think. . ." she tries to call out. The others help her up and all make their way to the small chest. "I saw him do it, and . . . I know what it was. Or rather, . . . he made my body do it. It was, . . . it was actually a total of three traps, . . . with an additional enchantment. Particularly nasty. . . cruel. Obviously you have seen through the illusion. That was one. Another was the small stone to the side, . . . which I see is gone, so I'm guessing you . . . got that one too. The one you just turned off was meant . . . meant to shock everyone in the room close enough. But the last part,. . ." she nods t those helping hold her up to lower her a bit, she reaches down and indicates small hidden panel that slides open, hiding a switch. "That bastard. . . that cruel bastard rigged this with some sort of magic,. . . one that would call forth a demonic swarm to attack. He had intended that the illusion would prevent, . . . anyone from realizing either the alarm or the magic of the trap, and simply open it. The Alarm stone would have screamed, alerting anyone in the museum, and given him time to prepare for you. You got lucky, but then again,. . . I do not think he had know or planned for Pathfinders."

With a smile and a nod to indicate it is safe, Elwyn opens the chest, which is completely empty save for a small scrap of paper, written in a fine, but very old Osirion, one that matches exactly the later entries in Imrizade's journal you had seen earlier. Essentially it reads "Gotcha!!"

OOC about the chest:
I felt that between having gotten past the alarm spell portion, which was it's true function, and that sometimes the earlier scenario would throw in ridiculous encounters that a party might not be able to even affect, it was better to try to gloss over the chest. I don't think any of you could hurt the swarm, which would have devastated the party, for nothing at all, would probably have ruined the fun and mood of the game, so I tried to push past it, unless someone really, really wanted to open it, which it's designed to do, sort of play on the greed and game style of RPG player's. If you hadn't gotten the alarm, she would have precast Mage Armor, Shield, Shocking Grasp (with a 10ft reach), and had her Wand of Color Spray ready, Sneak Attacking with Shocking Grasp whoever got closest first, and then Readied to Color Spray (no AoO from Wand) once enough targets got close). The Sneak Attack + Shcking Grasp could easily outright kill a character at this level, on a decent roll.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Whoa ... thanks GM, I would argue that that was an appropriate interpretation of the scenario, thank you. Sorry guys if I put us at risk there.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

It's not your fault. No worries. Having a blasty Mage, (possibly a Cleric) would have made it a lot less of an issue, but you where also low on healing at the time. It's just sort of designed for a classic party set up. It's not anyone's fault as much as it might have just sort of shut down the game at that point, just before the conclusion.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

heh that swarm could have been bad. :) hence the need to purchase a couple alchemist flasks. (though I need a bag of holding or handy haversack before I can carry anymore. :)

551 to 585 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.