Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


351 to 400 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Oh my Winds! They've killed Grundy
Ouch! that would have dropped almost everyone (except Leonal)

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

surprise
Rifle Shot
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

damage
1d12 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

There is a moment of shock and sheer terror as Elwyn sees the strike on Grundle and his body collapse. He quickly pulls himself together and instinctively launches an assault on the beast.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

His cut is swift and sure but is deadened on the thick exterior of the stone statues.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

"Here, take it," says Griflet to Angruf. Seeing Grundle fall, Griflet takes his axe and without a word strikes the statue that hit Grundle.

1d20 ⇒ 5

Am I supposed to add anything to my damage rolls? I noticed others have

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Thanks Angruf! -5hp now.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@ Angruf, yes you will be able to go, however, it will be later in the first round. Essentually Garak and the 2 statues acted in the surprize round, and then the statues actualy go on in Round 1 fairly early. So your healing will actually be later.

@ Griflet, yes you add a fw things to attack and damage rolls. I highly suggest that you both Rage and Power Attack, 2-Handed wielding your Great Axe for this one. I can't say the bonuses just yet, but I'll add them up soon for you.

Garak's shot does little damage, really only causing the statue it hits to vibrate a bit, spray a fine cloud of dust like a small halo. Elwyn's precise blow does nothing at all, seeming to damage his weapon more than the statue itself.

Damage to Elyn's sword: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) = 14
I need to reread up on this for clarification. :(

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Griflet:
Ok. When you make an attack roll, you roll 1d20, + your Str Mod (4), + your Base Attack Bonus (1), + any other mods such as a Maserwork or Magic weapon, Flanking, Spells, etc. . .

For you it is 1d20+5. If you Rage, you get a +4 Moral bonus to both Str and Con scores, which means an additional +2 to both Attacks and Damage.

You Damage is 1d12, + your Str mod (4), + 1/2 your Str mod (2)(Str and a half), + any other mods like a magic weapon.

When you Power Attack, (with your Great Axe), you take a -1 to Attacks, but deal an extra +3 Damage.

If you Power Attack while Raging with your Great Axe:
Attack is 1d20+6
Damage is 1d12+12

Grundle drops as the statues attack, though Angruf is quick to grab him, remove him from danger and apply some magical healing before they can finish the job. Elwyn steps in to try to deliver a decisive strike, but as he thrusts, he feels some sort of magical vibration offer resistance. Bringing his blade back into a new offensive position, he notices small, hairline fractures along the blade's tip, not unlike a spiderweb pattern. While not destroyed, the blade can't take another hit like that. Statue #1 stands there unmoving, but the other one is anything but. In a stoic, robot-like motion, it swings at Evigail again.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 (FF AC 17) <MISS>
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Next up is Griflet, Evigail, Garak, and then Leonel.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

reload attack

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

attack damage
1d12 ⇒ 9

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed steps away from the second statue and unleashes the holy winds of Gozreh against the first.
"I'll try and slow them down."

vs CMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 (link for reference)

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet enters a rage and activates power attack. It seems I attacked out of turn, just use my actions previously for this attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel dives into the fray and takes a chopping swing at the statue.
Begin Rage.
Greatsword (power attack): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 6, Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 = 13
Fail.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

you two should update map :)

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Oh I see. I thought I stated previously that I'd entered (before combat began). Hum. Well in that case...

Leonel waits for an opportunity to get past his allies and into the fray.
If you'll so permit, GM.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Sorry, have been a bit busy. I should be able to post more tomorrow. Leonel, that's fine.

In a powrful display of divine rage and focus, Evigail's torrent sends the statues sliding off of it's base and nearly flings it against the wall behind it. Instead is slams into another statue, crumbling it.
Ignor the built in statue on the map, which is now just a dias.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Garak's shot strikes hard, but the statues seems mostly unaffected, while everyone else moving into combat swings, but does not manage to land a blow as the statue's stone sword parries most, or they land without effect.

Init Round 2:

Angruf: 19 -
Elwyn: 17 -
-----------------------
Statue 1: 17 -
Statue 2: 17 -
Griflet 12: -
-----------------------
Evigail 12: -
Garak 10: -
Grundle 8: -
Leonel 3: -

Can I have an action from Angruf and Elwyn. Griflet, if you would like to to a slightly preemptive action, feel free.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"What am I supposed to do to this thing, it nearly broke my rapier and I barely scratched it!"

Corellon looks for something else in the room that could be used as a blunt weapoon to try and attack the statue, as he does he tries to either manouver to it or position himself on a flanking side of the statue without drawing an AOO.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10
DM Beckett wrote:
Can I have an action from Angruf and Elwyn. Griflet, if you would like to to a slightly preemptive action, feel free.

Didn't I just make one? Or am I getting confused?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

You did, I was saying if you want to say your next action now, (it happens after the statues) you may.

@Elwyn, Nothing really jumps out at you, excet perhaps some of the bits of the statue that crumbled from Evigails winds sending the other temple guardian into it. This might not be a fight you can win, and if so, your instinct tells you it likely wouldn't be worth it in the end.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn tries to use a chunk of roack knocked off the statue itself as an improvised weapon. With two hands he grans a piece and tries to bring it down on the back of the thing.

Attack improvised weapon -4: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
Damage, similar to a club: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Again my goal was to manouver around him if possibel to get him flanked so that I would get a sneak attack next round.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Ill need an Acrobatics check for that vs the statues CMD. I forget it off hand but I think it is fairly low.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Actually, the Statue took an AoO last round, so while your Acrobatcis does fail, (I'm retty sure), you do manage to get around to establish a better position without taking any damage.

Angruf is up followed by the statue.

Statue attempts to swing at Leonel, wielding it's stone sword almost more like an axe.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 (vs AC 18MISS)
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Init Round 2:

Angruf: 19 -
Elwyn: 17 -
-----------------------
Statue 1: 17 -
Statue 2: 17 -
Griflet 12: -
-----------------------
Evigail 12: -
Garak 10: -
Grundle 8: -
Leonel 3: -

Next up is Griflet, followed by Evigail, Garak, Grundle (down for now), and ending the round with Leonel.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Enraged at the statue parrying his blows, Griflet strikes again.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

idk if your damage roll should be "1d20"...

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed calls to Gozreh and the sound of wind washing over waves spreads. The cleric steps close to Elwyn holding out the trident. "Here I have a spare."

channel :): 1d20 ⇒ 1

No selective channeling, this could get the statue(s?) as well, but if it wakes Grundle I think it is worth it. If Seaweed needs to move to include the fighter (I am not sure how channeling works via cover ie: through the door) then move two squares up and will not be able to offer the trident to Elwyn.
channel real: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Evigail, what is the first roll for? From were you mevoed to, you will hit all but Garak, and as far as you know the statues are not living creatures, nor are they undead.

Grundle, that will bring you to 0, meaning you may act on your next turn (this one), though doing to much will cause you to drop again.Having dropped, you are prone and unarmed at the moment. Unfortionatly, your flails are in the same square next to you.

Elwyn, my apologies, I honestly forgot that when rundle fell, he lost both flails in that square, which would have been something you could have picked up for use.

So far, neither statues sems particularly damaged at all, (pending Griflets d12 reroll, though a good portion of the static bonus goes through). Now, will the axe survive that.?.?.? Toon in next time. Same bat-channel, same Bat-time.

damage vs the axe:
3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) = 12

Ok, it now has the broken condition, as the handle has nearly splintered in half. Taking care to not destroy it with another blow, Griflet now has a -2 to both attacks and damage with the axe.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Anything net-like I can see in the nearby vicinity?

Wooo!! Thanks Evigail :)

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Well, depending on your intent, and what you mean by net-like, nearly all of the statues in the next room are covered in drapes.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Well, I was hoping to entangle one of them.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

I'll load my rife and start a retreat....

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"You're welcome Grundle. Everyone just calls me Seaweed."

Beckett: joke channel roll (mimicing the 1d20 of the (great-great?) greataxe's damage in the previous post :)

"How many of you can hit them from thirty feet away? I can entangle them, but that only slows them down. Then what?" Has the second one stopped moving?"

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

A few questions. First off, can I flank? I don't know if anyone on the other side of this thing is threatening it or not.
Second, did Leonel notice other people's weapons breaking?
Third, is the one in front of us dead after that massive swing from Griflet?

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Oh #&$%, I was in such a hurry I didn't notice that, sorry. This should be right, shouldn't it, since I still am raging with power attack.

Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

I figured my axe would break, that's why I wanted to use the club(which was useless). But I couldn't just do nothing.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@Leonel 1.), at the moment, no. Grundle woud be you best bet if he where able to 5ft step, but he is prone and does not threaten, so that is unlikely. With Griflet nest to you, you can not 5ft step throgh the corner to Flank with Elwyn, it would take a Move Action. 2.) Yes, it's pretty obvious that with each strike that lands, the weapons seem to crack and break. 3.) No, it's not, but his strike does do a lot of damage, which seems to be really the first that has even hurt it for the most part.

Griflet's swing sends a massive crack throught he statue, causing large chunks of solid stine to fall off and land at it's feet. No expression of pain or weakness crosses the statues face, however as it seems to continue on swinging without hnderence.

@Grundle, you could try to use the drapes as a make-shift net, but the creature's sheer strength would likely make it an ineffective task. That, and you would need to be able to cross the room through its threatened area to be able to grab one.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel notices everyone's weapons breaking and decides to spare his greatsword. He drops it to the ground and draws his dagger, then strikes with true barbarian fury.
Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

EDITTING
Griflet's strike did some significant damage, followed shortly by Leonel's. The statues looks fairly close to colapsing into a pile of stone, but the semblene of life is not gone from it just yet. Garak reloads and the flees back to the other door.

After Leonel's strike, the dagger seems unharmed.
3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) = 7

Next up is Angruf and Elwyn, followed by the statue's revenge.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed looks at the others in the party. Hmmm.... weapons seem useless, and not many offensive spell throwers.

Shadow Lodge

A Bless/Bane spell or Channel Energy might help if you wish to continue the fight. Grundle's alive, but still kind of down.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Can anyone tell us what these things even are?"
EDIT: ahh, I see, only one person has know arcana :)

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Cough...wheeze..."Statues I think."

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

One more solid hit on the statue looks like it may destroy it, though it will also probably destroy the weapon that deals the blow as well. Angruf is up, and if he doesn't post by tonight I'll have him hold and move on

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Once again Elwyn tries to use the statue's own body parts against it ... "Lets fight fire with fire!" as he raised both arms above his head, bringing them down once again on the stone of his foe.

Attack improvised weapon -4: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3
Damage, similar to a club: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Sneak Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

But he fumbles the attempt and is unable to grip the stone properly to be able to make his strike count

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Angruf tried one last time, summoning the spirits or at least the spirit of his people asking their aid in reviving his fallen friend. . .

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The nearest statue then takes a hard swing at Griflet, who has seemed to do the most damage to it, though you are unsure if that is it's motive or if it seects target at random. For whatever reason, the other statue, mostly unharmed and standing, has not approached, simply stands there, unmoving for the most part, though obviously still "alive" and aware.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 <vs AC 14 HIT>
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Init:
Angruf: 19 -
Elwyn: 17 -
-----------------------
Statue 1: 17 -
Statue 2: 17 -
Griflet 12: -
-----------------------
Evigail 12: -
Garak 10: -
Grundle 8: -
Leonel 3: -

Next up are Griflet, Evigail Garak, Grundle, and finally Leonel.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet's rage grows with each passing moment. The statue's cruel slash at him is the last straw. He Snatches the broken statue arms out of Elwyn's hands.

"I...have had...ENOUGH!!!!!!" he roars, attempting to club the statue with its own parts.

Attack improvised weapon -4: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 4 = 11

Club damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Is that correct? I was following Elwyn's lead with the numbers and adding my PA and rage bonuses.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

At a glance it looks right. I doubt that any modifiers you might have forgotten will matter with a roll like that.

351 to 400 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.