Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


451 to 500 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Evigail:
It sort of depends. While he is down and out, you can step into his square, but as your healing actually wakes him back up, you can not stay in his square. That would mean that you can not use a 5ft step, because you are required to move out. So, your best bet will be to just give up your Move Action this round (or use it for something else), let Leonel stand back up, and then use him as cover to move to the square past him so you can get into position to flank and not draw an AoO.

Group 3 is up with Garak, Grundle, and Leonel.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

With that channel, I should be at 1/22 HP. But I think someone is standing on me. How's that work?

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Attack 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Attack 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 2 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grundle screams incoherently at the statue as it slams Leonel down. He whips his flails at the things stony head.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

I will take a five foot shift in a different direction as I am not able to move into your square. You can stand up, but...

Seaweed places a hand on the barbian, "Don't get up. You'll be beyond my reach if that thing hits you again. "

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel lies on the ground and decides that staying still is a good idea to avoid any more unwanted attention. However, he finds it difficult to not let out a low moan, betraying his terrible headache.

Dark Archive

Female Human

I'll start reloading but noticing leonel fall Ill take out my sword and try to go pull him out of danger...

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Leonel can you do total defense without provoking, might be a good idea

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Heck, if I can do that prone, sign me up. But I think total defense is a dodge bonus, and I think you lose dodge bonuses while prone.
Maybe I made that up.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Yep it's a dodge bonus and since you're prone, you're denied your Dex bonus...which denies dodge bonuses.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Doh - well, it was an idea, lie still then - make like a statue and maybe he'll feel some sympathy.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Leonel stays down, though awake as Grundle slams his flails at the statue, both completely ineffective. Evigail, always the walker of two ways, decides to step back for now.

Damage to Flail 2: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3) = 9

Init order:

Group 1
Angruf
Elwyn

-->Group 2
Statue 1
Griflet
Evigail

Group 3
Garak
Grundle
Leonel

With Group 1 being up again, with Angruf and Elwyn.

Also a small note, I was mistaken, Mending will actually fix a weapon that has been totally destroyed as well as one that is just Broken.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Yes, but it has a 1lb/lvl limit. That's why I'm using my dagger. :)

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Still muttering somewhat darkly, Angruf reloads (rapidly), and tries for another shot at the statue.

move: reload
standard: crossbow shot: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 0 - 4 = 0

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn, now frustrated at his lack of success tries to crush the statue again with a broken off chunk.

Improvised Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Sneak Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

oooh ... not sure if that does it or not

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Yes it does. Update soon. :)

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Finally, after so many swings, jabs, and shots, the second statue falls in upon itself, leaving a pile of rubble and a cloud of dust. As noted above, in the dais that the statue had been standing is a secret compartment containing strange, ancient scrolls of black velum. There are also two other statues in the room of note (treasure and a Faction Mission that does not apply). This leave only one more place to go, as far as you can tell. Opening the door on the far side of the room leads you back to where you began.
To speed things up, I'm going to go ahead and move you back to the fungus room, let me know if there is anything you want to do before hand.

Making your way back to the Archives, you see that the creature has both multiplied, (and seems to be multiplying again) as well as busy, as the room is now even more filled with vegetation, mold, and fungus. Prying open the secret staircase you found earlier, you peer down into the dark. Even with your magical light, the dark seems alive, and to have some will. You feel as though it where watching you, with an uncaring eye, aware that you are there, but finding you so trivial that it can not be bothered. To others, it seems as though it calls to you. Either as if calling you home, or as a sort of temptation. You are filled with a sensation of being utterly vile, and looking on something even more so. Something that simply should not be, in this world or any other. Grabbing hold, proverbially, of what is left of your souls, the parts of you that are truly you, one by one you descend into the darkness.

The staircase leads you down, depositing you in an alcove at the far end of an antechamber, free of the riotous growths of fungi and mold that choke the shaft and archives above. The simple, clean lines of the basement’s basalt walls give way here to a disturbing, organic style of architecture that makes it seem like you are walking through the gullet of some monstrous behemoth.
At the far end of the hall, a large, ornate arch that looks disconcertingly like the beast’s toothed maw stands in the wall, covered by a heavy black curtain with sickly green light from the chamber beyond shining around the edges. A plain iron box sits on the floor in the middle of the room.

Map has been updated. Also, this is very close to the end of this scenario, just a head's up.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Wand of CLW on myself.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
20/22

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

It might also be a good idea to hand your wand off to someone that stays back more than up front. :) Anyone else

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Does anyone else need healing magic?" Seaweed holds up the carving of a leaf with a drop of water.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10
Evigail 'Seaweed' Brandiday wrote:

"Does anyone else need healing magic?" Seaweed holds up the carving of a leaf with a drop of water.

"N-n-no, no," stutters Griflet, apparently hyperventilating because of the foul energies around him.

Dark Archive

Female Human

"i'm good" "so far we've had crazy vissions, almost crushed by a large sketeton, almost smashed by a couple of statues, nearly eaten by a bunch of mouths and talked to an intelgent mold.... and now were under the vaults... wow what a journal entry this will make"

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"Nah...I think I'm ok now...thanks." Grundle uncharacteristically offers thanks as if it were praise of the highest magnitude.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

beckett:
I think my Shadow Faction mission actually is tied into the Mephistopheles statue, and I'm planning to collect it (or the documents hidden in it?)

"I don't need any immediate healing, but thanks. Just so all are aware, I've depleted my healing magics for the day. So everyone may want to be particularly nice to Seaweed, and Leonel's wand, for the rest of the day."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"I'm ok as well, thanks."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Here you are, tiny magic dwarf." Leonel says, offering his wand of CLW to Angruf. "Don't waste it, but do please help us all avoid death."

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Thank you for your trust Leonel. I'll do my best to make sure we all make it through this safely."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn carefully approaches the iron box and examines the floor in front of it and the box itself for traps, he also checks to see if it is locked.

Anyone that is against me checking the box just say so ...

"Stay back folks, no need fo more than one of us to get our hands slapped for putting it in the cookie jar. Cover me, I don't like the feeling this place gives me."

Perception (trapfinding): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

You do find a few things of interest and question about the fairly simple iron chest. It is in fact trapped, but the box is not locked. On one side of it is what seems to be a square piece of stone, about 3 inchs to a side, simply sticking to the box. Your intuition says that there is something else about the trap you are not seeing, and you believe that the trap somehow has a link to the stone, as if the stone has some sort of secondary effect that will happen or stop if the trap is released.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Can anyone determine whether there may be some arcane nature to this trap? Simple mechanisms are one thing, but this contraption is baffling me."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel focuses "detect magic" on the chest.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i don't like the looks of that... you might want to stand back...

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

DM Roll:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

@Leonel: As you begin to detect magic, you first realize that nothing on the chest has an aura, indicating that it is nonmagical in nature. That just doesn't sit right with you however, and as you continue to study it, you see it is the trick you had suspected. The illusion falls away, and you instead see three separate auras. Sadly, being untrained in the ways of magic, that means little to you.

@ everyone: With Leonel filling in a few portions of the puzzle, others with the ability step up and combine efforts, revealing that inside of the box radiates some sort of Conjuration school magic, the chest, or rather likely the trap built into the box is indicative of Evocation magic of moderate degree, while the stone outside the box seems to be an Abjuration school of magic, some sort of ward, and those tend to have passwords to bypass. As Elwyn mentioned before hand, the stone seems to be (literally) hardwired to the trap and magically linked to the chest, and seems to activate if either are utilized. . .

A strange puzzle, but your unified work thus far is what set you above the others in your class as Pathfinders, and would truly make your instructors proud. Now only to finish it.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Don't know whether to like or hate that roll ...

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

You should love it. Not only did Leonel slam dunk his Will Save vs the Illusion, that also means he DM just used one of his proverbial Nat 20's outside of combat. :)

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"This chest is masterfully trapped. I can't quite tell how, but I'd expect it to blow up on being opened, or something equally unpleasant. I don't have any way to disarm it."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Well, what do you all think? There is part of me that is naturally curious and wants to know what aid or treasure lies within the box. That being said there looks to be significant difficulty in getting in. Any ideas? I am best at gears and levers and jumping out of the way rather than arcane impediments."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

I thought rogues could disable magical traps?

"Any wizards here able to open a box from a distance?"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

They can. No one has tried.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

'i can offer Gozreh's winds to protect you. I can try to knock things over from a distance. The note in thebackpack said something about the ever watchful eye, but I'm not sure that is relevant,' Seaweed offers.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

seach the room and be ready to exit... after my bindness wears off...

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

opps sorrry worng character... "we need to get out of this place before ye go completely crazy... or some thing worse" she states before her thoughts turn to the fact that she hopes the illussion of her being a he has ben kept up....

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Elwyn explains that he more likely than not could disarm the trap, but in doing so might set off whatever that small square stone attached to it is. From the distant chamber, you can hear a strange chanting, in a language that sounds very foreign, and also very old. Oddly, it seems to be in both a male and a female voice, not in unison, but as if one is superimposed upon the other. Hearing the voice, you fall into a sort of daydream, only for a second, where you are as ghosts, lost in an endless desert. In the distance, always in the distance, you see great and strange, inhuman monuments of power, mystery, and worship. You see a man, one you guess is some unknown species of Osirion Human striding through crowds of slaves. . .

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle points towards what he thinks is the source of the sound, "What...is...that?!"

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Am I the only one seeing this? I hope its not some type of enchantment, be on guard."

Elwyn steps back from the chest and draws his rapier, his back to the cold stone wall of the cavern.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed listens to the male that is also a female. By the Winds! Is that... Gozreh?
The desert image sets the cleric's hair on edge."What has that crazy Blackrose women brought here?
Seaweed casts resistance on Elwyn then stands back. "Open that friend, I fear time is running out."

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

freaked out by the sight i just saw i grab my gun and start whispering to it "don't worry i wound't let THEM take you the way they took daddy and mommy were not going to THEIR slaves! we'll DIE first" she'll then throws here jack off and moves 30ft forward and assume the firing position adding " Can you see me now! i'm the daughter of the ones YOU stole from their homes! I'm here to make you pay!"

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Angruf puzzles at the trap, considering the Osirian influences of the place, and the physical properties of the chest. He casts about the room, and inspects the chest itself closely for any glyphs or writings that might hold a clue to a secret word releasing the stone from the chest.

skill checks:

perception(search): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
knowledge(history): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Having little luck with intellectual endeavor, Angruf addresses the group, "I have some skill with persuading magical devices to do my bidding - though it may be dangerous, I'd be willing to try to tickle this lock. Agreed?"

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Works for me, give it a go." and Elwyn gets way back.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"Better you'n me. If you die, I'll try to take yeh back to a priest."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Seems dangerous, but I won't stop you."

451 to 500 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.