Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


101 to 150 of 585 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Shuddering at the thought of more crushing depths, Seaweed hefts the trident defensively and takes Angruf's suggestion. The priest looks toward the chimera in the corner.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
"Aahhh... that corner."
Moving 15 ft in. Does everyone know you can move your icon on the map? :)

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

That is correct, if you hit View and then select 100%, it makes it much easier to see. Then simply select your picture and it can be moved similar to a basic Paint program. One note, Google Docs automatically saves, so once you move it, you need to actualy move it back if you want to reset. You do not need to try to save file or anything.

Leonel, you noticed a flicker of movement near the door on the other side of the room, near the chimera replica. You didn't notice movement at the Dwarver Warrior, it just caught your eye.

Evilgail, as you begin to look at the Chimera, it seems that it is actually a once-living taxidermic figure, rather than a manufactured representation. From your distance, you manage to see minor stitchwork, but are unable to make out much else.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1
DM Beckett wrote:
Leonel:
You see a small flicker of movement both from the top-left of the room (map view) near the chimera display and also the bottom-right corner near the dwarven warrion.

?

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10
Evigail 'Seaweed' Brandiday wrote:
"Aahhh... that corner."

"Corner?" says Griflet, looking in that direction.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||
Leonel Goldscale wrote:
?

Leonel:
Dang, I was editing a lot of posts and I thought I changed that. It should have been that something drew your attention to that side while you actually saw something in the other (near the Chimera).
The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel renews his Dancing Lights spell and makes his way forward.
"Someone watch behind us. The rest of you, watch this... thing. Something is amiss."

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Which thing?" Seaweed asks Leonal. The trident gets aimed at all points of the room, trying to decide where to watch.
Does it matter how far or often we move yet? We are not in iniative right? Also are the squares with taxidermy critters passable?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Yes, you are NOT in combat, so for the most part, within reason, you may move about freely. Most of the squares allow you to move through them, the dinosaur skeleton, itself on a raised platform is the exception.

As you (nearly) all enter the room, a quick search of your area reveals nothing beyond the storage room being filled with an assortment of creatures. Near Leonel rests the armored body of a dwarven historical figure, though it is doubtful the actual body. Along the far wall (bottom) are various mummies on display. On the far side of the room, (near the "Storeroom 3" Door), you can tell that no one has travelled through here in a least a small while, as there is a fine layer of dust still on the floor, and cobwebs hang loosely from the doors arch.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"THAT thing." Leonel says, indicating the chimera.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

@beckett - I probably should be getting feedback for 3 rounds of detect magic on the right side of the room now, if we're fast-forwarding a bit.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed moves toward the stuffed chimera. The dust here is undisturbed. I also see no other exits. We could leave this dark place and check the other room.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i shall walk up 5ft next to Evigail... "what going on arround here? i'm starting to be alittle freeky around here?"

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

I shall move up to in front of Evigail.

"Do not fear the darkness! I shall protect you!" says Griflet, grandstanding.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Evigail, Garak, & Griflet, or anyone else that moves to thier area:
As you get close enough, plase give me a Perception check, or you may use your last rolled one if you wish. Any bonuses related to Stonework apply, as do any for secret compartments.

Angruf:
Aside from the other players, there are no magical araus in that area, (I thought I mentioned that earlier, but I may not have with all the editing). Feel free to stop the Deect Magic earlier if you want to and do something else, since you see nothing after the first or second round.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2
DM Beckett wrote:

** detect magic stuff **

beckett:
all good - you had been fairly specific about the area I was looking at. This was after I shifted areas. Angruf is a very thorough investigator. :)
The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel investigates the dwarven statue, wondering what role in what era the subject of this tribute may have played, and also hoping it has something worth being pilfered.
That's not an evil act, is it? :)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed stares at the chimera and the dust around it. perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Oh, lookie, a natural 1. Isn't that just great?

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Where? I don't see it... Oh there it is hiding under my 2!

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Chillax. I got this. "5". Booyah.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Leonel:
On the dwarf's spined shield, you see the map you need. Now it just needs to be copied on the special paper, which requires either a Slieght of Hand or a Dex check, due to the small spikes and hooks. There where no special instructions as to keeping it a secret, however.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

GM:
How do you feel about Mending on this? I realize that's generally against the 'feel' of the test, but it seems like Mending would be able to repair the mundane paper and charcoal, even if they are special or expensive, etc, thus giving me the option to retry.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"I would like to take a brief look through into the store room. And take another moment looking at the chimera (what a fascinating piece!)"

Angruf takes a moment to walk across the room, around the chimera with careful attention, and then on to the door of the store room.

I'll take one of those perception checks with the stonework bonuses..
perception: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Leonel:
I'm cool allowing it. I'm all for players coming up with alternate, reasonable ways around what the scenario specifies, but keep 2 thing sin mind. Mending has a 10 min Casting Time, and you still need to be able to make the checks to get the map correctly. So go ahead an roll and we will see what happens :)

Angruf:
I went ahead and moved you up, but feel free to adjust your position a little. I'm really just kind of wanting someone to do something so we can move along. ha ha ha As you get closer, you notice a small crack in the ground directly behind the chimera's tail near the corner of the room. Out of the crack is some sort of black, fungal root, almost seeping out like a shadowy appendage, and flowing into the chimera itself. At this point, no one else has seen this, and you are not sure what the heck that thing is. A Know Dungeuoneering or Nature check, or a Bardic ability might reveal more, but it looks particularly creepy and unnatural. Though it appears more plant than creature, you notice small pulses going through the "vine", both into and out from the chimera.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'll walk up next to Angruf "what and ask going on"

Peception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't take this!!! Die, foul creature!!!" screams Griflet as he attacks the stuffed Chimera.
I move toward the chimera and attack with my greataxe.

Attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Griflet no!" Leonel calls out too late. He abandons the statue and tries to cover the distance before anyone gets themselves hurt or killed.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

identifactioning:
know(nature): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
know(dungeoneering): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
so - apparently I have no idea what this very wrong looking thing is. now I have justification for taking a rank in 'knowledge(man was not meant to know)'[/i].


"Seaweed, can you please take a look at this, before I ask Griflet to vent his anxiety on this instead of the beautifully preserved pelt. Garak, maybe you have some idea what this might be? I think, however, it's more the province of good and evil, rather than fast or dead..."

paying attention to Angruf's indication:
'As you get closer, you notice a small crack in the ground directly behind the chimera's tail near the corner of the room. Out of the crack is some sort of black, fungal root, almost seeping out like a shadowy appendage, and flowing into the chimera itself.'

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Uh, did I do something really bad? Beckett did say he was waiting for someone to do something. Is it possible to hold my attack?

*Reads Angruf's spoilers* Hmm, I wouldn't have done that if I'd known that. I generally don't read other's spoilers since I thought I'm not supposed to know.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

No, you didn't do something very bad, but you may, if you wish, hold off on your attack. I was waiting for everyone as they all essentually on the other side of, or even outside of the room, and nothing is happening there, with the exception of with Leonel. :) I assume you will keep your warcry, though, so others kind of know something is up?

Garak:
The above spoiler: I'm really just kind of wanting someone to do something so we can move along. ha ha ha As you get closer, you notice a small crack in the ground directly behind the chimera's tail near the corner of the room. Out of the crack is some sort of black, fungal root or vine, almost seeping out like a shadowy appendage, and flowing into the chimera itself. At this point, no one else has seen this, and you are not sure what the heck that thing is. A Know Dungeuoneering or Nature check might reveal more, but it looks particularly creepy and unnatural. Though it appears more plant than creature, you notice small pulses going through the "vine", both into and out from the chimera.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 dugeonneering... ready to fire the rifle if it does anything hostle...

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Hearing Leonel's cry, Griflet pauses just before his axe would have entered the chimera.

"Huh?" he says, dazed.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Before you beat the stuffing out of anything, give us a chance to prepare. Casters, ready your spells. Griflet and I will investigate, and if there's something there, we'll cut it down all at once."

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Recovering, Griflet runs a hand through his hair.

"Forgive me. I sense evil all around us, and this...thing," he points his axe accusingly at the chimera. "There is a wrongness about it,"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I'll assume that everyone sort of stops what they are doing to come check out the chimera area.

If so, (basically as the spoilers above have said): As you get closer, you notice a small crack in the ground directly behind the chimera's tail near the corner of the room. Out of the crack is some sort of black, fungal root or vine, almost seeping out like a shadowy appendage, and flowing into the chimera itself. At this point, no one else has seen this, and you are not sure what the heck that thing is. A Know Dungeuoneering or Nature check might reveal more, but it looks particularly creepy and unnatural. Though it appears more plant than creature, you notice small pulses going through the "vine", both into and out from the chimera.

Know Dung/Nature DC 19+:
It is definetly an abbaration, something called from a Plane from beyond reality. It shares some similarities to a fungus, and it seems to be inserting some sort of venom into the chimera.

Grundle, this also appears very similar to the things that bound you in the strange vision you had earlier, though smaller, and more plantlike that your remember, only slightly.

As you gather about to see what the others are pointing out, the chimera's lifeless body rocks suddenly. A strange blackish ooze seeps from it in various places, not unlike oil or pitch. The false eyes pop from their mounts, revealing a malovent glowing green orbs of light within the hollow body, as well as thousands of tiny "vines" (or vains) within, as well as what looks like spores. The body rocks again, in what would seem like pain, loosing even more of the fluid.

Garak and Leonel are armed. Everyone gets a Surprize Round before Initi begins, as the thing frees itself.

Init:

Elwyn (20)
Leonel (15)
Chimra (14)
Griflet (14)
Evigail (12)
Angruf (6)
Garak (5)
Grundle (5)

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Dang! I don't have ranks in Knowledge(Dung)!

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Know Religion 14+:
The Chimera is essentually a strangly formed skeletal creature, resistant to cold and weak against blunt trauma. This one n particular though is pretty tough for it's kind, and may hold unknowable powers from beyond

Know Religion 19+:
Many of the creatures natural attacks are still active, allowing it to launch an assualt not unlike a Monk. Be careful as you approach as it has a longer reach than most skeletons as well.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

enougth of this i'll take a 5ft shift back and shoot the rifle...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"I hardly believe I'm saying this, but a stuffed creature animated by an evil pudding is likely to be subject to the same sorts of attacks as an undead skeleton - piercing with arrows and rapiers will be much less effective than bashing apart with a morning star or mace. If my suppositions about animated puddings of pure evil are correct."

Round Surprise
standard: initiate bardic performance 'inspire courage'
NOTE: everyone take +1 to hit/+1 to damage

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Agruf's claim seems to true, as Garak's shots seems more absorbed than anything. Reminding you of a sensation you all flt earlier, it's like the thing didnt even realize it happened, or it just didn't care. . .

Small retcon, since Angruf goes before Garak, that's +1 damage, and that +1 does hurt it. :) One small note, this was the one fight I think might have been an issue, so play a little carefully.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

"Pudding!?! I can't fight pudding! What should I do Angruf!?"

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Grind its bones to make your bread. Then we'll all have some lovely bread pudding. Of EVIL"

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

I suppose we're at it then. I didn't catch init though. Does that mean we're just wrecking stuff?

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i think it suppose to be P and B damage...

Grand Lodge

and d12 dammage 1d12 ⇒ 12

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

KN: (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Seaweed says, "This abomination seems to be poisoning the dead chimera. Though it resembles a fungus, it is actually something called from the great beyond. Then the trident of Gozreh is drawn.
Now I get the nat 20! :) & I do not have KN: (rel)
@leonal GM rolled ini. It is spoilered above.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

You are right, Firearms deal P and B, which I didn't realize, and all goes through. :)

Also, we are in init, but you all get a surprize round to act, as it "comes to life", meaning either a Standard or Move action.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

How did I forget to buy a club and some alch fire?
Leonel advances to stand toe to toe with the monstrosity.
15ft up, one past Angruf

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Very sorry guys, been a crazy couple of days, will be caught up and back at it my this afternoon.

101 to 150 of 585 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.