Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


301 to 350 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10
Angruf wrote:
"The family name is Blackros, and I believe they have a black rose in their family crest. I'm guessing Friend Fungus here is trying to tell us that the lass is destined to be 'shackled' in this facility by her family ties. But I'm really guessing."

"If that's true have the Blackros family been dealing with something evil?" Griflet suggests.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Our Friendly Fungus here is not evil - and not to be trifled with. Just to be clear. As for evil... how many lasses are shackled in marriage? Or apprentices to their masters? Though this whole place feels saturated with alienness - the pudding/chimera from earlier was certainly evil, our Friendly Fungus more benign. But neither can be properly said to be familiar or understandable."

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

"Name? Oh, yes, I understand. You may call me Qwerty12345 if you must attribute a calling to me. That is very astute, "Black Rose" to "Flowers", but we asure you, we hadn't known of such a conection. We had simply been addressing this hypothetical human female cow, which I can taste through your mind by the way, yes, by the statements you had voice previously. As to how long we have been here, it is hard to tell. For us it had only been the approximate of 1, 89th of a night-day, but we are not familiar with this realms lunar cycles. How is it that you live without a moon, by the way? Why would a female human cow make a garment of her own self. A backpack, is that right? A backpack, no less. Do the mamory glands not form on the front? Oh, I see. . . . That is,. . . I guess one must be a human to enjoy, . . . that. Do all humans take such sustenance? What about the half-race you call Dwarflings? The backpack of human female cow outer layer of flesh. Why does it smell odd? Tingly. Almost."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"We should go." Leonel says uncomfortably.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"We gain sustenance from the flesh of a cow, friend Qwerty12345. Its skin is put to use in other ways," Seaweed says going through the backpack.

any rues inride? or rooby racks?

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Qwerty12345, yes, all of our races take such sustenance. It is part of what defines our type, 'mammals'." Angruf thinks specific images of various sentient mammalian races, with mothers suckling children.

"Can you tell us where the female human is, at this time? We do not understand the way you have explained to us where she might arrive at. We believe she needs our help, and we must find her to assist her."

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle, growing impatient and a little creeped out by the thing, makes his way towards the back of the room to take a look around.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Grundle:
Honestly everything of any importance or value has already been found, and besides either chatting with the mold, (which your welcome to do) or choosing a door, there is little else to really do here. There is still more to explore on this level, as well as whatever lies beneath it.
]

Evigail:
Indeed there was a clue inside. Besides a few rather expensive looking Osirion artifacts worth a pretty penny, there was also a note inside with the phrase "The Eye is always vigilant" written on it. Basically the ones that do know it have not shared it with others. Perhaps it is some sort of passcode, or maybe there are more clues yet to be found elsewhere.

"I'm sorry. You seem to be mistaken. We have not discovered any human female as of yet, though I'm certain that with more spores, such will happen. Why do you have fingernails? Do they chitter when rest?"

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Fingernails are useful to protect very touch-sensitive portions of our fingers. They make clacking noises when struck on some surfaces, but they do not independently make any noises, such as chittering."

"Qwerty12345, I believe we are about to explore some more of this level if you will excuse us. You're welcome to come along with us for as long as your interest holds, however we will have to warn you that not everything we have encountered under this volcano has been as accommodating or friendly as yourself. There may be violence."

Angruf indicates the door on the far side of the room and addressing the party, "Shall we finish exploring this level before heading to the next lower level? Who will open the door?"

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

ill check it for traps 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

If don't seem to see any ill open it...

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

I had meant to do Perception for the area marked "Can Not Yet See" on the map :)

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

My mistake, I thought I had deleted that earlier. It was just there because the bookshelves essentually go tot he ceiling, and the initial light source would not have reached those areas, but it wouldn't take long for everyone to explore the room a bit, and there was a chance earlier that there might have been another combat.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed holds open the bag, "Osirian artifacts. This bag could be related to the woman we are looking for. There is also a note "The Eye is always vigilant." Does that mean anything to anyone?"

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Not to me, wouldn't be surprised if it was some type of cultist mantra or something."

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Which door are you checking out, Garak. Somehow I missed your post until you pointed it out in th discussion thread. From this room, there is the hidden door leading downwards you discovered and one heading to the right (on the map) that seems to paralel the room you entered this room from. In either case, you do not spot any traps, though depending on which you choose, there might be another roll involved.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

There is also a 3rd option from this room, hole or tunnel. There is no door to open, it just needs to be uncovered a little, as there is a layer of vines and mold covering it. Is anyone else assissting, prepping for the next area, or trying to detect anything in the way Garak is going?

I've also added the names to the rooms on the map to make it a bit easier to navigate

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

As it goes against the bureaucrat's training to move before a committee consensus, the cleric looks to the others for objections. "Let's move to the obvious before we go any deeper, chances are she is below, but perhaps we will find some of her previous searchers or another clue about her disappearance."
Seaweed then moves to the north door and puts an ear against it.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Does this look like a real door (as compared to the secret door we entered this room from)?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

The hidden door you enterd the room you are in from wasn't really a secret door, it was just blocked from view by other objects., so in that sense, yes it is a normal door. There is a second actual secrt door beneath one of the bookshelves, that was found leading down, too.

Moving things along, neither Garak nor Evigail detect any threats from the door in the room, which in not locked.

Opening it reveals an unlit room used in conjunction with the library you just left, but one designed for the Blakros' to be able to sit, study, and write. This dark, vaulted chamber serves as a scriptorium, where texts from the archives next door may be read or copied at leisure. Bare wooden shelves, empty except for some extra writing supplies (sheets of parchment, bottles of ink, and quills), line the eastern wall, and three desks with high stools stand in the center of the room between six columns. A small sign on the door you entered from reads “Archives—Private.”

A body lies slumped in the corner to your left, still clutching a club. Its legs have been eaten away by acid, and the corpse is already showing signs of putrefaction, with patches of mold on the skin. A broken lantern lies next to the body, its oil spilled on the floor. The body seems to have drug itself to this point, as if escaping from something until he finally died of his wounds. <oddly, it seems as though he came from the only room on this floor you have yet to explore on this level, and ran to the rom you just came from. From there, tried to crawl back into this room, and finally died. He is wearing what remains of a uniform indicating a watchmen of the museum.>

The furthest two desks each contain small, empty candelabra, two bottles of dried ink, and old quill pens. The closest desk has been used more recently—the candelabrum holds the stubs of half-burnt candles, the ink bottles are still wet, and fresh ink stains the quill
pens. A handful of books and scrolls, treatises on the solarsystem and the empty space beyond, lie open on the desk. Underlined passages and marginalia written in Osiriani refer to the “the Dark Tapestry” and the “Dominions of the Black,” as well as something called the “Gate of Beyond,” a long-lost portal to these otherworldly realms. References
to an ancient aberrant sorcerer named Kubburum Ishme-dagan and the mad wizard Ralzeros the Overwatched are also highlighted.

You also find on the nearest desk to you, a chime, 3 Scrolls, and a small token.

Perception 15:
Fallen behind the desk, is a small recently drafted note, nearly lost as it seems to have fallen from the desk into a crack in some of the desk's wood. Written in the language of Osiron, it depicts some sort of circular object, with a small Osirion-styled jar at it's base. I'll need either a character that speak Osirion, or a Linguistics check for more

Speak/Read Osirion or Linguistics DC 25:
The parchment seems to be a sort of loose journal, likely written by the very Blakros you seek. It details some sort of ancient portal she discovered as a child. On her explorations, she learned that it was indeed a magical portal, created by the mage Ralzros, the Overwatched as one method to study the various planes and realms of existance he is known for. Imrizade notes that somone named Kubbrum Ishme-dagan, (which seems to be another powerful, though mad mage of some sort) held the "key" to it's use. Imrizade, by sheer luck, managed to find a canopic jar she believed belonged to Kubbrum. A few more lines seem to indicate various precautions she would take in further investigating this cannister, and that it is made of some unknown metal, but after that, the writing style, . . . changes. Both hysically, becoming more archaic, but also with more certainty and much less speculation, almost as if written by a different individual. It tells of how the Gate to the Beyond is finally found, and now the way to opn it is finally, finally within reach. Now armed with both the knowledge and the power, the time has come. It also details "that "his" final resting place is both a key the sole weakpoint that may be "it's" ultimate undoing".

MAP UPDATED

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet walks over to the fallen guard.

"Looks like we found what happended to one of the guards they sent down,"[b] he says. He takes the club out of the guard's hands. [b]"Sorry, friend, but you won't be needing this anymore,"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
"Oh look, there is a desk in this room."
not even enough to aid Griflet

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"A'right I'll admit it...this is givin' me the flesh creeps. What in the hell ate half this poor bastard...with...acid?!"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

What indeed. . .

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

[dice=Elwyn's "secret DM" Linguistics roll]1d20+10[/dice]
Wis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Elwyn:
I rolled the check for you, as Linguistics is suppossed to be a DM secret roll, (but that doesn't work so well in PbP), and you made it. Ignor the Wis check, as you did not fail. I'll say that Leonel Aided Griflet, so the note was found, and you are able to decipher it. Which is great because it is a great deal of the background and info of what is actually going on. :)

Angruf:
While you are not 100% sure, dead men can not report in, the man had a club that Griflet just picked up, and he is wearing a mesuem night watchman's outfit. . .

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

"if were done in here we can go to the next room... of back to go down... i'm thinking what ever did this is up here in the next room.... i'm thinking our moldy friend has spread in to this room and those patches are part of him.... but the acid must have come form the next room.... so we should be ready" i'll state readying my rifle...

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Hmmm ... let me take a look at that, I've had a little experience with Osirioni in the past ... I think I may have something. It seems like some sort of loose journal, maybe even written by the Blakros woman we are after. It details some sort of ancient portal she discovered as a child. On her explorations, she learned that it was indeed a magical portal, created by the mage Ralzros, the Overwatched as one method to study the various planes and realms of existance he is known for. Imrizade notes that somone named Kubbrum Ishme-dagan, (which seems to be another powerful, though mad mage of some sort) held the "key" to it's use. Imrizade, by sheer luck, managed to find a canopic jar she believed belonged to Kubbrum. A few more lines seem to indicate various precautions she would take in further investigating this cannister, and that it is made of some unknown metal, but after that, the writing style, . . . changes. Both hysically, becoming more archaic, but also with more certainty and much less speculation, almost as if written by a different individual. It tells of how the Gate to the Beyond is finally found, and now the way to open it is finally, finally within reach. Now armed with both the knowledge and the power, the time has come. It also details "that 'his' final resting place is both a key the sole weakpoint that may be 'it's' ultimate undoing".

Elwyn looks about the room at the others "Clearly she got mixed up in something, sounds like she got in way over her head. Hopefully we don't follow the same fate."

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"I'm votin' we look in the next room. I ain't going down nowhere and leavin' some acid thing on top of us!"

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'll check the door again

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Good thinking Grundle. Best to handle this now."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn stands beside Leonel, rapier drawn, ready for what may come next.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet stands beside Elwyn and Leonel, holding the club.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Checking the door once more, the doors open onto a vast hall draped in shadowy cobwebs and filled with haphazardly placed statues. The air is heavy with dust. Any noise echoes hollowly among the figures, some
swathed in thick coverings like misshapen beasts, others bare and uncovered, all coated in a thick layer of dust. Leering visages loom out of the darkness, fearsome wooden and stone faces carved in grimaces and scowls. The room is filled with statues and sculptures, most of which are covered eithe in some sort of drade or a layr of dust and cobwebs. On the floor you see a destroyed short sword, not broken, but rather shattered. Near it is a pile of blood, with tracks leading to the very door you have come from, implying the dead man from the other room tried to make it there, finally falling and crawling the rest of the way before he died. No signs of acid are present in this room, nor the one you are leaving, (except the dead man). Nothing moves within the room, though it seems the two statues nearest you are neither covered in dust nor drapped.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel directs his dancing lights into the room, and looks around in an attempt to identify the threat. Though I think I have an idea...
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Angruf takes a long, solid look at the room, as revealed by Leonel's dancing lights spell.
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"how many guards were sent after Imrazade? Is this one of them and why was he alone if so? Seaweed offers a prayer for the man's soul, then offers one to the others as well. The sound of wind on waves crashes around each person. "Whatever was in that room, this should help."
resistance: grants +1 to saves for the next minute.
The cleric then follows them into the room.
[ooc]If no one else volunteers, Seaweed will go in first.[/ooc[

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'll take aim at the one odd statue stating "if on you move... you going to get it!"

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet has grown increasingly apprehensive as he continues on, but he keeps it to himself as he looks about the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle keeps characteristically quiet as he grips his flails harder. He trudges in near the front of the group. He stops at the first statue to look back and see if the rest are coming.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn follows along with Grundle, standing at his right side with his rapier drawn at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'll look into the room shaking alittle...

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Does the trail of blood start in here?" Seaweed follows the trail a few feet into the room.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I have a fairly large update, but I don't have time yet to post it, so tonight. :) Is Angruf still around?

Can I get some Know Arcana checks.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Init:

Angruf: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Elwyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Evigail: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Garak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Griflet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Grundle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Leonel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Statues: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Round 1:

Statue 1: Attacks Grundle
Statue 2: Attacks Evigail

Angruf: 19 -
Elwyn: 17 -
Statue 1: 17 -
Statue 2: 17 -
Griflt 12: -
Evigail 12: -
Garak 10: -
Grundle 8: -
Leonel 3: -

While the room is silent as the grave, as Grundle, Evigail, and Elwyn move into it, a notible grinding sound, as if ston is being rubbed against stone can be heard, and the two nearest statues spring to a symblance of life. Each strikes once in a surprize round.

Attack at Grundle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 (FF 14) <HIT>
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Crit Confirm on Grundle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 (FF 14) <HIT>
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Attack at Evigail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 (FF 17)
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Know Arcana DC 13:
These mindless constructs are known as Temple Guardians, as many formal temples favor them as both religious art and sleepless defenders of the holy. They are resistant to most damage (DR 5/-), and have a strange ability to destroy most weapons used to strike at them.

Know Arcana DC 18:
As above plus: Are nearly completely immune to magic.

Know Arcana DC 23:
These statues are not designed to follow their prey, only to defend an area. However, it is unlikely the the Blakros family would have stored such treasured defenses here, so it is likely that they ar yet another roduct of whatever is causing these strange creatures of late.

Perception 20+, (Garak, Griflet, and Elwyn):
As perception 15, plus: Within the room, you notice a small gold-plated statue of a many-armed Vudran goddess that looks very expensive.

Percepion 15+, & (Garak, Griflet, Elwyn, and Evigail):
You notice a small statue of the archdevil Mephistopheles, as well as a secret compartment at the base of Statues #2

Grundle drops almost immediatly, at -8 HP. Elwyn has an action before they strike again.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Hate to remind the GM of this, but it looks like that statue scored a critical threat against me :(

:( And I see you corrected

As the statue hits Grundle mightily over the head, he crumples to the floor, blood pooling on the ground.

-8 HP, I have a 13 Con score.

Con roll: 1d20 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 8 = 0

Grand Lodge

... Do I get a shot during the surprise round?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

It did. I have re-edited the above post to reflect that, and to add the init order. If it matters, I'm sorry, (and you did say I want too easy last time. (J/K). I am sorry, that kind of sucks, and I wasn't expecting that.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

:) No worries, it's part of the game. I'd actually like him to go out like this rather than something silly!

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@ Garak. Sure. I misread one of their abilities, and thought it was a +20, you just need a 20 to make it, and as you have a ready ranged weapon, I'll allow it.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||
Grundle Farbon PFS wrote:
:) No worries, it's part of the game. I'd actually like him to go out like this rather than something silly!

Going out? You do have a Cleric and 2 Bards in the party. You should be up in no time.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Griflet, earlier:
In a quiet aside, Angruf asks Griflet, "Can I take a moment to look at your new club? I think there may be more to it than at first glance." If Griflet will allow him to investigate it, Angruf will seek a compartment in the hollow club. Angruf will extract papers from within, and say quietly, "A friend asked for these papers. I'll share their content if I can. Meanwhile, you might want to be careful in using that club - it's apparently not as solid as it appear."

know(arcana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Beckett:
I'm assuming that I get a round on my initiative, after Grundle has been hacked down - please give a shout if I've got it wrong.

Angruf sees Grundle clubbed down as he enters the room. Angruf reacts almost without thinking, and without a good insight into the nature of the threat. He grabs Grundle, dragging him back outside the doorframe, and administers some immediate healing.

Round 1
status: HP 9/9 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +1 | R +2 | W +4 | Init +0
move: drag Grundle back out of the room
standard: cast cure light wounds (1/2 1st level remaining) clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - not much net curing, but preventing further bleeding.

301 to 350 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.