Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


401 to 450 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

I don't think bane will bother statues. Not sure if Gozreh's energy will either. But it can help us... Seaweed unleashes Gozreh's energy with the sound of wind crossing waves.
channel heal: 1d6 ⇒ 1
channel 3/6

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

I'll shoot again...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Garak - From your position you will need to move back into the room to be able to hit a target. Please move your character and depending on where you go that may be a hit or a miss due to cover. Also please designate your target your aiming at.

Grand Lodge

that would be the one in the door way, i move up and if the guy still bardicing +1 and for PBS +1

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Note that the doorway is up in front of Grundle. I moved you up so that you would have a line of sight and effect to be able to target the statue. It would be very helpful if from now on your post with attacks would be something like:
"I attack ________
dice roll to hit
dice roll for damage"
all as a single post.

Garak's shot causes the statue to crumble in a heep of stone and powder as the animating magic leaves it. The second statue, having been removed from it's base and flung across the room earlier by Evigail's divine winds, has yet move back or attack, eaving you all unsure what it's intentions are.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Maybe it has something to do with the base ... maybe it somehow has magic that activates it. I say we destroy the other one quickly just in case."

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"I thought it only came to life when it was attacked." Leonel states, trying to remember.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Or maybe it is a trap and not an actual creature. If you want to finish it off I can get close and see if that reactivates it.
Though it might be better if I hold it back while others search this room for clues. Speaking of clues, did the blood from the deceased guard leave a trail in this room?"

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

"Fair enough." Elwyn responds to Seaweed, "Let me have a look around, watch my back in case that thing has any ideas."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@ Elwyn, please see again the Perception spoilers from the last page (start of the combat). Ill reiterate a bit when I get home and can go moe in depth.

@Evigail Thee is a small trail of blood leqving this room and growing more visible into the room you just left, leading to the body you found. It seems like he was attacked, and tried to flee, dragged himself through the next room, went into the room with all the mold and fungus, then tried to flee another threat there crawled to the corner where he finally died of his injuries. (OOC, you guys stumbled on the clues in reverse order so it feels a bit odd)

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

10 hp now...Thanks all!

Grundle gets up from the floor with a sheepish look on his face. He makes no sound as he picks up his flails.

He gives a look of cold and naked hatred at the remaining statue.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Corellon investiates the statue and the compartment in the base, checking for a trap before he does.

"Watch that thing." he says as he motions over to the statue.

Perception: Trapfinding: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

if we are out of ini order, I will move to keep myself between the statue and the rest of the party, with a readied wind blast.

Dark Archive

Female Human

"i'll load and take aim"

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Angruf will enter the room, stepping carefully to the side of the door with the shattered statue. He quickly casts detect magic initially concentrating on the items in the middle of the room - the statue of Mephisopheles in particular.

"I've a strong desire to look closely at those items in the middle of the room, but I'd like everyone to be prepared before I move too far over there, and potentially alert our stony friend over there," he says, pointing at the other golem.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

"Don't worry...I'll keep an eye on that piece of junk."

Grundle's going to be ready to flail the crap out of that statue if it moves.


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier/S. Sword (+6/+3 Dual +5,+1) 1d6+2/18-20x2, 1d6+2/19-20x2 Short Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:0 R:6 W:0)

Just to clarify - when I said i would investigate the statue I meant the Mephisopheles one, not the one that might attack us.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

At the base of the statues that was blown away, there is a secret compartment that contains strange black vellum scrolls with an ancient mixture of crimson wax and molten silver as their seal, <non-magic>. The destroyed statue, within it's rubble, also hides a rather large Opal gem, nearly the size of a common coin, <non-magic>. The statue of Mephistopheles, while cruel and monsterous, is only about the size of your hand, and made of pure gold, <non-magic>.

In his search, Angruf does notice that the backpack, as well as something inside of it do in fact radiat a minor aura of magic, as does the remaining statue, which still, though mobile, has not moved to threaten you. Of the Osirion artifact items within the backpack, a small chime and coin are magial in nature, as are two of the scrolls.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Also, your still in Init order, because you might want to attack the other statue, or it might attack you, depending on your actions. It is currently not doing any actions, but is still moving around a bit.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59
DM Beckett wrote:
Also, your still in Init order, because you might want to attack the other statue, or it might attack you, depending on your actions. It is currently not doing any actions, but is still moving around a bit.

I moved my pic on the map back to where I was at the end of my last turn. Who is up?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I just noticed that Grundle moved up pretty far. I was going to say that to speed things up, you can essentually act somewhat freely, as the statue does not come after you, though if anyone gets too close (or does something where Init will matter), we will jump back into init from there. However, Grundle did move up enough for the statue to sense a threat, as it where.

New Init:

Group 1
Angruf (detected magic)
Elwyn (searching a statue)

Group 2
Statue 1 (no action)
Griflet (doing his thing)

Group 3
Evigail (doing his/her thing)
Garak (reloads)
Grundle (moves up, and I'm guessing grabbed flails)
-->Leonel

As Grundle approaches the other statue, trying to eep an eye on it, it again springs to a form of life and begins prepairs to attack. Leonel is up, then we will start a new round. Also note that I have just broken the Init up into 3 groups, and from here on I'll just say Group 1, 2, or 3 is up, and see how that works out.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I'm doing my thing? I thought I failed those rolls spectacularly :(.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Assuming this all works out like I *think* it is...

Leonel rushes towards the living statue and makes a furious stab with his dagger, invoking his luck as a bard.
Luck + Rage FTW

Dagger (raging, power attack, luck): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Yep I got my flails. Dang, was hoping I wasn't close enough to activate!

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

I will pick up an arm broken off the other statue and will attack with it when its my turn.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

In a mad rush, Leonel rushes the statue with a dagger, which is in itself a bit comedic, but the blade juts to the side as it hits the solid stone.

dmg to the dagger: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) = 11 Dagger is now Broken, but not destroyed

@ Leonel, I moved you up, but if you want, you could actually move a square further. It woul dmean that you might be able to establisha flank next round with Grundle, or someone else, but woud also drawn an AoO. It's up to you.

Group 1 is up

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn reacts to the initiated attack and tries to bludgeon the statue with the remains od its counterpart.

Improvised Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

That is a Crit threat. Where are you going to move to?

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

sorry, typed it in from my phone, couldn't see that well.

Crit Check: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"By the winds! It's back"

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

INIT (minor change):

Group 1
Angruf
Elwyn

-->Group 2
Statue 1
Griflet
*Evigail (added to Group 2)

Group 3
Garak
Grundle
Leonel

While Angruf moves and draws his Crossbow, Elwyn moves in to attack with the severed arm of another statue, landing a solid blow, but utterly destroying the weapon at the same time. Unhappy with Leonel's last attack, it attempts to strike back at the barbarian.

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 (vs AC 16) <MISS>
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Group 2 is up, and I added Evigail to that group

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed, assuming Leonel and Elwyn wish to surround the creature, moves forward and offers the trident to Leonel.
double move, but I can go one more if I can stand where the statue left of L is.

Beckett:
my only other weapon is wooden fist. Do I have any idea how bad that will be after watching all the other weapons crumble?

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Evigail:
You know, I don't think they took that into consideration with the two abilities. I'm going to rule that your wooden first counts less as a "weapon" and more as a "spell", so you are not going to take damage by attacking. A creative way to get around a problem.

I put the two grey squares on the map because the statues where drawn on the map. Those two squares are empty, and you can move through them, or stand there. There is a small dais, only a few inches tall, but otherwise the squares are empty, minus a bit of the remains of he statues chipped off.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

To move things along, Griflet, still Raging and Power Attacking (3 round I believe) moves forward and attacks. He uses his allies for a bit of cover, avoiding being attacked in return.

Great Axe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

It's a solid blow, causing the statue's chest to crack, as small bits crumble and fall to the ground, but not so strong that it destroys it completely.

Damage to Axe: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14 Your Axe has 1 HP left at this point before it's completely destroyed. Be careful.

Group 3 is up.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

move in take a shot...

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

1d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grundle takes a short step with an eager gleam in his eye to destroy the statue that so easily felled him.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Sorry again for not posting, I got confused about the init. I meant to use the statues arms again to attack.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

@ Griflet, you are welcome to switch out your action and use a bit of rubble as an improvised weapon, if you want, but I do not think you will do as much damage. It's up to you.

Group 1 is up again.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Without a great deal of hopefulness, Angruf looses a bolt at the statue, aiming over the heads of his compatriots. Fortunately, the animated statue is elevated on a pedestal, reducing the odds of skewering a fellow adventurer.

move: maneuver for space
standard: crossbow shot: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 0 - 4 = 8

Angruf mutters to himself, "I knew we'd wake that blasted thing. Dangerous things to leave around a library. There must be an off switch somewhere, or a pendant for safe passage or some such. Bah! not enough time for use of knowledge."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Seeing that their efforts are at least having some effect, a determined Elwyn tries again, picking up a slab of statue with both hands and once again tries to pulverize the thing.

Improvised Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sneak Damage, Opponent Flanked: 1d6 ⇒ 6

But his grip on the slick piece of stone is not as tight as he had hoped and he misses.

"Its almost done, keep it up!"

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10
DM Beckett wrote:

@ Griflet, you are welcome to switch out your action and use a bit of rubble as an improvised weapon, if you want, but I do not think you will do as much damage. It's up to you.

Group 1 is up again.

I'll go ahead and stay with the axe. Need to get this finished up quick.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Group 2 is up

Still focusing on Leonel, the statue takes another swipe with it's stone sword.
1d1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (vs AC 16, )
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

So, someone has some healing left, right? Leonel, what is your HP while Raging?

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

26, so -1, but I stop raging, so -5

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I was hoping you might be at 0 or something. :( I do not like when characters drop/die. On the other hand, I was also kind of hoping everyone would grab the goodies and just run from this room.

So why is it that I almost never roll that way when I play. . . Screw it, my next character is going to be a stone statue guy.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Haha. It's fine. I'm sure someone has stabilize. And this thing is almost done anyway.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

I feel your pain Leonel!

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"oh my winds! They've killed Lenny!"T he twined arms of the cleric appear to turn into plants sprouting small thorns & a wooden texture.
channel to heal: 1d6 ⇒ 6
since he's unconscious/down I can step into L's square right?
Channel 4/6, wooden fist (free action) 1/5

401 to 450 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.