Voice in the Void PFS PbP

Game Master Beckett

Began 21Feb2013 -


51 to 100 of 585 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Wow, not sure what happened, but someone really messed up the map. It's fixed.

Is anyone going to attempt to search/disarm traps on the door, or anything like that before opening it? Also, who would like to actually open the door, and what is the marching order? I just kind of placed everyone on the map.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

DM Notes 1:

Angruf:
Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 (Darkvision)

Griflet:
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (Darkvision)

Elwyn
Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 (Low-Light)

Evigail
Init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grundle
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 (Low-Light)

Leonel
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Garak
Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 (Low-Light)

DM Notes 2:

Init
Elwyn (20) [P11 Low-Light]
Leonel (15) [P23]
Griflet (14) [P19 Darkvision]
Evigail (12) [P16]
Angruf (6) [P20 Darkvision]
Garak (5) [P11 Low-Light]
Grundle (5) [P8 Low-Light]

Garak:
I did switch over the credit like you had ased. Also, for your Andoran Faction Mission, . . .

As you are heading out, VC Adril Hestram asks Grundle and Griflet (and Garak) to stay for a moment.

After the others are gone, he pulls out a letter and hands it to you, stating that he has mail for you from one Major so-and-so. As you take it, you catch the sent of a pleasant smalling sawdust, but also of an oil native to the wilds of Andoran. The letter reads:

Defender of Democracy,
Rumors flow fast and furious about the exact nature of the Blakros trade across the Inner Sea. Officially, of course, everything is completely legitimate, but we have reason to believe that the Blakros family is also involved in trade of a darker nature. If you can find any documents proving these allegations, they would aid our cause immensely. If they can also be used to point blame at either Taldor or Qadira, so much the better.

Bring any such papers you find to me at once. My agents tell me that Imrizade returned to Absalom with a small metal container. We have suspicions of its dark origins and wish to hide it far from prying eyes. If she still carries it, take it from her and return to me and you will have done all of humanity a great service.

In Service to Freedom,
Captain Colson Maldris

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

I suppose I should go in front, having the most HP of the group.
And Elwyn should be searching the doors, if he's a rogue worth his salt.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I have time now, so I am writing up some things that happen after the door is actually opened. I'm not skipping it as much as will "retcon" anything you want to attempt before opening th door, such as searching for traps. :)

Angruf:
Just before opening the door, you are assualted by visions of utter chaos. The world slips away as you see, no rather you feel, in your mind's eye as if trapped far, far out of reach of the planet, lost somewhere in an infinite darkness. All around you you feel rubbery, viscous "things" swirling around you. You feel that you are beyond what is known, in a place that is not even a place, but rather somehow defined by the absence of what should be. It does not last very long, but you can not get the sensations, the utter lack of understanding from your mind, and the horror does not go away. You feel thereafter, that all of your songs, all of your accumulated lore have been corrupted in some way, now used for evil, or not evil, but the total and perfect lack of good. You feel a bombardment of damning knowledge, unknowable wisdom, and uncomprehendable information, wripping nt your mind apart, but infecting your soul. Griflet speaks something in a strange language.

Seaweed:
Just before the door opens, deep within your spiritual mind you feel a sundering, something broken within your soul. It feels almost like you are outside of yourself, not physically, but rather as if something has almost possessed you, and you are seeing your innr self through it's undertanding. You feel a absolute distaste, even an unearned hatred fr the very faith that powers you, and do not understand why. You get the sensation, physically, that you are far, far below water, the water and waves you are called to, and an utter unnatural sense of being alone in the black, alone, but all about you are inhuman beings, swirling and caressing you, uncarring. You sense an absence of feeling from them towards you, like they only recognize your existence, but no hate, no love, nothing. It only last a fraction of a second, but the feeling, the utter hopelesness, that will remain with you, madedingly so, for all time. Griflet then speaks something in a strange language you do not understand.

Grundle:
As the door slides open with an unnerving creek, you are slammed with a memory, one you know is false, that never happened that way, but it feels utterly real. You are hanging, again, unable to free yourself. Though it is not crucifying spikes and nails, not goblins that have enslaved you, but rather something else you can not grasp, can not understand. Blackened tendrils, rubbery, hard, uncarring are entwined about you. Grasping each part of you, even sliding into your ears, down your throat, slithering across your back. You feel a cold, not like the frozen lands you have recently visited, augmented by unearthly, but still mortal magics, but something from beyond what shoud be. You would shiver, but you are bound to the point that even that raction is disallowed. Though it lasts only seconds as the vision, something you feel was not injected into your mind but rather as if seeing it through somethng else's perception, the feeling of abanddonment, of perfect hopelesness does not vanish after a short moment, lingering on. One last, parting sensations hits you before all but your memory of the event retreats, is that it isn't a memory of somthing that has happened to you as much as it is a memory of somthing you haven't had happen, . . . yet. Lastly, Griflet's eyes return to their normal color and shape, as if he had slipped out of something and he mutters "I am Chosen. . . I will find you, and save you. I will be part of you."

Elwyn:
As you look aroud, making sure the others are ready to enter the room (I presume you just opened), you notice that everyone's eyes are completely black, souless. Angruf, Evigail, and Grundle have horrific expressions on their faces as well, twisted in something akin to fear. Everyone else is looking upon those three with expressionless faces, uncarring. A strange heat, and extreme heat hits you, as Leonel and Garak, (who is a female in your vision for som reason) both suddenly burst into an inferno. You hear, not in your ears, but in your mind alone, their screams, though their bodies remain fixed in a relaxed postion, their expressions natural and unpained. Your mind feels like it should be drifting to a similar memory, but something just will not let it. You get the understanding, the sensation that your are seeing your own thoughts, but it's like seeing them from outside yourself, through something else's comprehension of them. Lastly, Griflet's eyes return to their normal color and shape, as if he had slipped out of something and he mutters "I am Chosen. . . I will find you, and save you. I will be part of you."

Leonel:
As the door is opened, you almost step foreward, but stop as you noticed that Angruf's, Evigail's, and Grundle's eyes have all turned pure black, and that they have very strange expressions of fear and horror upon their face. After a moment, the same thing happens to Elwyn as well, though his expression is much more a sunden, reactionary fear than an ongoing horror. Lastly, Griflet's eyes return to their normal color and shape, as if he had slipped out of something and he mutters "I am Chosen. . . I will find you, and save you. I will be part of you."

Garak:
As the door is opened, you almost step foreward, but stop as you noticed that Angruf's, Evigail's, and Grundle's eyes have all turned pure black, and that they have very strange expressions of fear and horror upon their face. Lastly, Griflet's eyes return to their normal color and shape, as if he had slipped out of something and he mutters "I am Chosen. . . I will find you, and save you. I will be part of you."

Griflet:
For just a moment, you feel an unnatural hunger, and an inner rage. It isn't like the powers you harness, but rather as if all the humanity has been stripped from you, and all you know, the only sensation you understand is to kill to feed the emptiness inside of you. One that can not be sated. You look upon your fellow Pathfinders, and rather than see them, you see them as monsters, things you have an instinctual impulse to kill and feast upon. Their eyes, each one of them, is completely black. he sensation lasts only a fraction of a second, and for a moment your fingertips sprout brutal, beastial claws. As the vision goes away, taking the murderous instinct, you notice that your hands are bleeding. Even though the claws had not actually existed, thir wounds from you covering them in a fisted grip, they digging into your flesh, remains, as does the hunger. In your mind, you hear a feminine voice whisper to your mind, "Find me. Save me. Join me.". You feel a longing, amost a sense of lust for this voice, though your not sure why. A need to become a part of her, to join her in darkness. Man, why couldn't you have played the recently converted and exorcised Aram for this one. . . ha ha ha. My player character could have redeemed you while my GM character could have tainted your mind right back. . . :) J/K

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'll hold of off on the door but make perception checked on it to look for traps1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Garak begins to examine the door, but finds it is unlock, and seemingly not trapped. As he opens the door,

Bones of the Past

The doors open with a grinding creak, revealing a large room filled with monsters of all shapes and sizes. Giant skeletons and stuffed taxidermic monstrosities are frozen in poses of snarling ferocity, while mummified corpses lie in sedate repose in ornately carved sarcophagi. As silent as a tomb, the air in the hall is stale and musty. Two large signs as banners for the various exhibits, one reads The Honored Dead while the other reads Hunting the BEASTS of LEGEND. Across the room is another door, boasting a small sing that simply says "Storeroom 3".

The room's ceiling is 20ft high, and throughout the room are unlit oil lamps, leaving the room in normal darkness.

Please reread the above appropriate spoilers, as this is when they happen.
:)
PS, have fun with that. . . You are all crazy lunes.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel takes up a defensive stance with his sword, suddenly concerned that his fellow pathfinders may turn on him.
"Is... everyone alright?" he asks timidly, fearing he may suddenly be outnumbered by living undead.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

I shall Join leonel in defensive postion. ... uh looks like its me and you... their's defantly something not right... here

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"There is a corruption here - and it is not me. That is not me."

"Griflit - did you say something?"

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

I heard him TOO!

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Under Gozreh's depths! What was that?"

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10
Angruf wrote:

"There is a corruption here - and it is not me. That is not me."

"Griflit - did you say something?"

Griflet is breathing heavily as well as making bestial growls. He soon quits.

"Hahhhh, I, I don't know...I..." he pants as he stares at the blood on his hands.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Do you do this sort of thing often?" Leonel asks in exasperation.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

"Leonel, this is not a good subject for humor. There is something unclean down here, and I think it has affected some of us more than others. Let's make sure Griflet is well enough to proceed."

"The let's find the girl, and leave this place forthwith. The only thing that can make me feel better about staying would be a way to remove this filth from existence."

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

Ok then into the scary room we go...

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Has anyone lit a torch or other light source? If not, only those with Darkvision can really se anything past a few squares, while Low-Light vision about half the room.

(If you can se see) - As you step in, you see a variaty of creatures of legend and myth. In one corner is a Chimera (top left), along one wall are mummies on display in different positions (bottum), showing a portion of the process of their creation and burial. A massive dinosaur skeleton (top mid-right)in near the door, and cobwebs and dust cover the dark room. The air is stale and smells of odd chemicals. Ahead of the door is an armored dwarven warrior with a plaque that reads "Tar Taargadth, hero of the Search for Sky". Chills crawl down you neck as you cross the threshold, and your uncertain if it is from the cold, your mind running rampant with thoughts of what monsters might hide in the dark, or something else.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

I mentioned I'd maintain a Dancing Lights spell. I suppose lighting a torch wouldn't hurt anything either.

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

(Low light) freaked out by the sights clings to the sword (act like lugigi in the ghost busting game)

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Your right, I do remember that. So with the Dancing Lights, everyone can see the full room.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Angruf mutters briefly to himself, waggling his fingers a bit, and casts, 'detect magic'.

'Someone may find it darkly humorous to animate some of these noble creatures. Or they may believe it a sound security measure. I would certainly hate to see any of these mountings damaged - but better them than us.'

OOC spoiler:
It wasn't me what messed wit te map! It were the basemint kitteh!

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

With Detect Magic, it is a 60ft Cone, which would allow you to see basically 1/2 of the room at a time. Which half would you like to scan? From where you are, you could essentually do (your) left wall to about the dinosaur, or the dinosaur to the right wall (to you).

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Sorry I was out for a bit
As the door slides open, Grundle stiffens and his jaw clenches so tightly the sound of his teeth meeting each other can be heard by anyone close by. His eyes peeled back in horror he drops one of his flails unthinkingly. The sound of the heavy head striking the ground doesn't seem to shake him from his reverie.

After a few nauseating seconds, Grundle screams as loudly as terror will allow. "NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I'LL NEVER HANG AGAIN!!!!!!!" He grabs the spiked chain looped around his torso so hard that his hands begin to bleed.

The next solid thump on the ground is Grundle, apparently passed out from whatever happened in his mind. His breathing is ragged and racked with an intermittent sob.

Gonna run with this, thanks DM Beckett for working in the backstory!

Damage from gripping spiked chain1d6 ⇒ 6

Will save (we'll say a DC 15)1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
If I fail this I'll be shaken for 1d5 ⇒ 1 minutes.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet has started hyperventilating again while muttering to himself. Grundle's flail striking the floor is the last straw. Springing ahead, he screams:

"Away foul demoness!!! I'll never join you!!! NEVER!!!!" he draws his greataxe and stands there, tense, waiting for something.

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

"Well then, I'm entirely unsettled. Would the lot of you like to go first? I'm not feeling very confident with any of you behind me."

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

..... No More of this I'm starting get scared...

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Angruf backs up a couple of steps, and focuses his perceptions to the left side of the room, enompassing both Griflet and Grundle in his perception of magical influences.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Angruf, you do detect magic in your cone, though more information will require further study as well as you to maintain the Detect Magic on the area.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

couple additional rounds. roger that.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed steps up and places a hand on Grifflet's shoulder. "Relax friend. I know not what demons have you. Know though, that you do not have to fight them alone. Pathfinders are rarely alone, and while you are with me, the Wind and the Waves is with you as well." Seaweed whispers a blessing and the sound of wind moving across waves responds.
casting resistance which lasts 1 minute, will save to resist

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Beads of sweat form on Elwyn's forehead and begin to trickle down his face. "What the ... no its not real ... then why is it so hot in here? Leonel is it really hot in here?"

...

Seeing Griflet's outburst and Angruf response Elwyn draws his rapier ... at least he thinks he does, at the same time it seems like he is watching himself from the middle of the room and looking throigh his own eyes. But its a daze and though he wills himself to move his body doesn't respond.

...

Finally, the muted tones and shades of the room come more clearly into focus, he can hear his own breathing and feel his pulse. He grips his blade and draws it quickly, moving more into the room so that his back is against the wall, facing the dinosaur.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

I just wanted to thank everyone for RPing this out a little. So far, there is no signs of "real" distress anywhere. Is anyone going to do anything in this room while waiting for the Detect Magic?

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel moves his Dancing Lights around the room, scanning slowly for anything that looks like it might perhaps move when it ought not.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle twitches on the floor once and moans about tentacles and not being able to move. The blood from his hands flows freely and pools on the floor underneath him.

Liberty's Edge

Male HP 14/14, Init+2, AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 10 F:+5, R:+2, W:+1 Perception +5 <Darkvision 60ft>, CMD:10

Griflet relaxes at Seaweed's touch.

"Hahhhh...think you friend, I felt evil was trying to possess me,"

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

Some one may need to something ... Well about the guy slowly bleeding to death... Ether finish the job or heal him.... Ether way I'm cool Garak states switching to his rifle taking aim at the various skeletons that seem to be in the dwarf detect magic come them mumbles some thing like come on you boney creatures make a move...

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

As you begin to slowly enter the room, nothing but the ambient dust moves. The Dancing Lights cast long shadows, causng your minds to see threats where there are none or to wonder what is hiding in the areas just out of sight. non-combat round 2

Detect Magic:
1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

3rd Round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Knowledge (arcana) skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura: DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + 1/2 caster level for a nonspell effect.) If the aura emanates from a magic item, you can attempt to identify its properties (see Spellcraft).

Leonel:
You see a small flicker of movement both from the top-left of the room (map view) near the chimera display and also the bottom-right corner near the dwarven warrion.

Angruf:
The full-sized chimera replica in the top-left corner of the room near the other door is radiating magic more powerful than anything else in the room, though you are not sure what sort of magic. Please give me a Spellcraft check as well as a Appraise or Perception check for next round, assuming you continue to scan that area.

Elwyn:
Directly behind you, close enough that you literally feel the cold breath upon the back of your head, a strong female voice accuses "Why didn't you save her? It's your fault. It's all, your fault!" As you whirl about, no one is there.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

Angruf continues to investigate the magical auras of the room, with particular attention to any magics affecting Grundle or Griflet.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
"There is something magical about the mounted chimera - have a caution."

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

Percercption 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

I guess im so Scared due to current envents I look at the ground vs the corner that everyone seems to be concentrating on...

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel's body goes rigid as he feels his barbarian senses prepare him for battle.
"No one panic, but I believe we are in danger here."
If you'll permit me non-combat actions (moving Dancing Lights doesn't require an action), I'd like to assume full defense for now.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Not more crushing depths, Seaweed silently hopes.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 2 HP 15/15 INIT+6 AC 17 CMB+3 CMD+17 Rapier (+7 to Att) 1d6+2/18-20x2 Short Bow (+4 to Att) 1d6+2/x3 F+1 R+7 W+1

Elwyn should be one to the right and two down from Garak on the map

As the others scan the room Elwyn abruptly pivots and lets out a yell, seeming to attack th wall behind him and then stops all of a sudden. He shakes his head and quickly turns around.

"Something's not right here, its in my head, making me see and hear things. We've got to flesh whatever it is out and make it stop ... who knows how powerful this thing is."

Elwyn tries to use his keen sense of perception to examine the room for signs of the threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i take a 5t step and and take another look more startled by the events that seem be playing in here...

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle wakes up at Elwyn's yell, looking first at his hands, then at the flail on the ground. He grits his teeth and unclamps his hands from the spiked chain. His breathing is still ragged, "What....the....hell...was that?"

He crawls towards the dropped flail and winces as his hand tightens around its grip. He rips a piece of cloth off of his clothes and uses it to tie his hand shut around the flail.

He climbs unsteadily to his feet, glances around the room, and says, "What's happenin'?"

His normal look unconcerned indifference is broken by the fear in his eyes.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed recognizes belatedly the blood on Grundle's hands. "Here, let me take a look at that." After seeing the wounds, the priest curses for not getting the healers kit when the chance presented itself. "I'll do what I can for now, but stay close to me." heal check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Liberty's Edge

M Half Elf (HP 20/20 AC 17/ T 13/ FF 14, Init +3, Perc 6, F +6/ R +4/ W -1, CMB +5, CMD 18, Speed 20ft, Rage 5/5 rounds/day Fighter 1 Archetype Two Weapon Warrior / Barbarian 1

Grundle, unused to a gentle touch, stiffens at the priest's ministrations. "Ehm...thanks, I guess." he says with a little less gruffness than before.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Angruf:
Sorry, I forgot you can do a Know Arcana check to identify the school, not Spellcraft like i thought, though Spellcraft is also needed. On round three, you find out that there is not actually magic in the chimera, but rather a feint aura of recent magic. Other than that, for this section fo the room, the only other magic you sense come from items (or spells) on the other players, though nothing obviously vision or charm related.

Leonel, still outside the room assumes a defensive posture, anticipating an offense.

Silver Crusade

male (HP 15/15 | AC 14 | T 10 | FF 14 | CMD 13 | F +1 | R +3 | W +5 | Init +0 | Per +2, darkvision 60') dwarf bard 2

know(arcana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"Let's move through, if we're ready. The magic appears to have been recent, but not currently active - I'll keep a weather eye out. A cursory search of the area, then 'Storeroom C'?"

Angruf casts his gaze around to the other side of the room, and begins an evaluation, hoping his compatriots will follow his advice and search the room for less arcane clues.

know(arcana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
spellcraft: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Female halfling rogue

i'll move another 5ft along the side of the dino....

The Exchange

Male Human Barbarian 1/Bard 2 - HP: 30/30, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16, - R:12/12, L:4/6 F: +4/R: +5/W: +4 - CMB: +5 - CMD: 17 - Perception: +7, Sense Motive +1

Leonel moves into the room, going towards the closest motion he spotted.
"I believe there may be an abomination over here..." He trails off as he advances defensively.

51 to 100 of 585 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Voice in the Void PFS PbP Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.