Valley of the Shrines

Game Master Grimmy

Battle Map

Adventure Map | Campaign Wiki


1,251 to 1,293 of 1,293 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human Inquisitor of Muir 3 Init +3 | Per +8 | HP 25/29 | AC 16 FF 15 T 11 | F +5 R +2 W +5 | CMD 17

By that way that should read add +3 more to those checks listed, etc etc


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

Okay let's go down the rabbit hole and clear it out. You never know your gods may let us get a respite if we recover it.Priss says as she dismounts from Ares shoulders.


Male Aasimar Cleric-3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 15(17 w/shield) T:12 FF:13(15) | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+6 | Cmb:+4 CMD: 15 | Perception:+4

Ares helps the Halfling down and picking back up his shield. He then moves to the double doors sticks his spear between the handles to help lock the door. Then he looks over the group, "Let's move downstairs, our goal is down there." The Aasimar moves to the stair case.


Andrek:

Tsathar:
Tsathar (pronounced "suh-Thar") are a race of froglike humanoids that dwell in fetid swamps and dark caverns deep beneath the earth. They worship a strange and terrifying demonic being known as Tsathogga, and often hunt down and capture individuals of other humanoid races to serve as sacrifices or victims in their foul breeding pits. They are very heavy for their height, weighing about 300 lbs.

Tsathar are blind in bright light. They are difficult to grapple because they are so slimy.

Hydrodaemon:
Hydrodaemons are frog-like daemons that swim the River Styx. They are the only known creatures in existence that can touch the waters of the Styx without suffering any ill effects.

Sleep Spittle (Ex)

A hydrodaemon can fire a line of spittle at a single target within 20 feet, making a ranged touch attack as a standard action. A target hit by the spittle must succeed on a DC 17 Will save or fall asleep for 6 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Resistance cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 18; DR 10/good


Male Archer 2 / Falconer 1| 35/35 | Init +3 | Perc +9 | AC:16 Tch:13 FF:13 | Fort +7 Ref +5 Will +3 | CMD:18
Arrows:
Large Quiver: 70 Hip Quiver: 7 blunt

As the others move down through the staircase Jeb finally starts down. He then turns and begins to slide the statue back into place.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It being heavier that he had thought, he calls out to his companions.

"Ares, Andrek, you two want to help me with this. It's quite hefty. And I think we'll need some light. Ladies?"


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

"Well if you need a little might I am the perfect person"Priss shoots back at jeb with a playful tone.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
This is for any levers to shut the statue from the stairwell side?


From the bottom of the stairs Ares and Priscilla can see the vault around them, illuminated by everburning torches. It has the same footprint as the shrine above, but with five alcoves, two each in the east and west walls and one in the north wall. In the alcoves, behind statuary of saints, Priscilla can see the outline of secret doors.

First things first, looking for a way to slide the podium above to close the stairs down to the vault, Priscilla spots a slight indentation shaped like a handprint. It is a little bit oversized, maybe as big as a gauntleted hand, and it has a slight residue in places that could be from tarnished metal coming into contact with the stone.

As she sees this, back up at the top of the stairs Andrek and Jeb see the air in the shrine begins to shimmer as if something is going to materialize.


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

Hey guys I found the lever to close the statue door! Priss announces to the others as she peers a bit more.


Male Archer 2 / Falconer 1| 35/35 | Init +3 | Perc +9 | AC:16 Tch:13 FF:13 | Fort +7 Ref +5 Will +3 | CMD:18
Arrows:
Large Quiver: 70 Hip Quiver: 7 blunt

Before Jeb can turn his attention to Priss, something else catches his eye. A shimmering in the room. Maybe something akin to what the area over a campfire looks like? With the empty space distorting due to the heat. But somehow also different. He was no expert on magic, but this did not seem normal and no way it was good for them.

With the forearm of his left srm, he urged Andrek back farther down the staircase. Taking a few steps back himself so that Priscilla could hopefully close the hole, he let out, "Close it, Priss. Close it now!!" as he tried to get his bow ready just in case it didn't work and they got in a fight.


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

"What are you talking about?" She asks as she looks up at the stair well.


Male Archer 2 / Falconer 1| 35/35 | Init +3 | Perc +9 | AC:16 Tch:13 FF:13 | Fort +7 Ref +5 Will +3 | CMD:18
Arrows:
Large Quiver: 70 Hip Quiver: 7 blunt

"Something's coming! Don't know what. Close the stairwell!"


Male Aasimar Cleric-3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 15(17 w/shield) T:12 FF:13(15) | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+6 | Cmb:+4 CMD: 15 | Perception:+4

"I hope this works!" The aasimar steps over Priscilla and places his gauntleted hand on the handprint. Then waits to see what happens.

Sorry, been busy.


The handprint glows backlighting Ares's gauntleted hand and the statue begins to slide shut.

Andrek and Lucia are still upstairs correct?


Male Human Inquisitor of Muir 3 Init +3 | Per +8 | HP 25/29 | AC 16 FF 15 T 11 | F +5 R +2 W +5 | CMD 17

Nope. As far as I know we were all going downstairs after we learned how to shut the secret door.


Male Archer 2 / Falconer 1| 35/35 | Init +3 | Perc +9 | AC:16 Tch:13 FF:13 | Fort +7 Ref +5 Will +3 | CMD:18
Arrows:
Large Quiver: 70 Hip Quiver: 7 blunt

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear in my post before. Jeb wouldn't start trying to move the statue back until after everyone went downstairs. Since the fight ended he's been pretty consistent on being the last one inside or being the one to provide cover.


Ok no problem. I had Ares and Priss downstairs, Jeb in the stairwell, Andrek and Lucia upstairs.

Andrek and Lucia slide into the stairwell just as the statue closes. Behind them, they see a massive 4,000 lb frog demon materialize in the shrine attended by two frogmen in purple robes, one with a kukri, one with a net and a shortspear.

Spellcraft DC 15:
The demon used Teleport.

Spellcraft DC 17:
The holy energy of the shrine would normally interfere with teleportation but it is under the effect of desecrate.


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

what's the lighting now that the door has closed?


There are everburning torches in the vault. You can see the alcoves and the secret doors clearly.


Male Aasimar Cleric-3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 15(17 w/shield) T:12 FF:13(15) | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+6 | Cmb:+4 CMD: 15 | Perception:+4

Muir provides for us.

After the statue moves back into place, he removes his hand then chuckles to Pris, "At least that one didn't blow up. Now let us get moving."


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

"True, I would hate to know how a fired hen feels" She says as she points to one of the tallies.

"First someone get one of the torches we may need those later, also we can illuminate some of these Secretdoors"She says sarcastically emphasizing the word secret.


Male Human Inquisitor of Muir 3 Init +3 | Per +8 | HP 25/29 | AC 16 FF 15 T 11 | F +5 R +2 W +5 | CMD 17

"That was cutting it close. However don't be so sure it is safe down here either."

Andrek presses forward with his sword at the ready. At every 10 feet he pauses to check for traps. before advancing another 10'. Perception +8


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

"Wait can I help if you are looking for traps" Priss says as she wanders forward.


Male Aasimar Cleric-3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 15(17 w/shield) T:12 FF:13(15) | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+6 | Cmb:+4 CMD: 15 | Perception:+4

"Two sets of eyes are better then one. Brother, cast light on one of Lady Springheel's daggers. Since I'd rather not move anything down here if we don't have too. Also this is her specialty so let her take the lead, I'll hold the back since I can see in the dark and my eyes aren't as sharp as yours Andrek." Ares orders the two trap spotters.


Male Human Inquisitor of Muir 3 Init +3 | Per +8 | HP 25/29 | AC 16 FF 15 T 11 | F +5 R +2 W +5 | CMD 17

Andrek nods and casts light on Priscilla's dagger. "There that should be enough light for us to see well enough."


Up stairs you hear a thud that vibrates the whole temple as the 4,000 lb daemon tries to push the statue aside opening the stairs down to the vault.


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

She takes the dager and holds it in front of her so she can better see her surroundings.

"Thanks for the light Andrek" she smiles sweetly before she steps forward and the horrible rattling happens/"Well thats never good"

First Area
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


The first alcove has an inscription in celestial. Above is a tapestry depicting Muir battling demons.

Celestial:
"Invoke the divine favor of our goddess to proceed."

DC 12 Appraise:
The tapestry is worth 500 GP.


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

" Hey guys look at this thing!"She says as she giggles examining the painting

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Room A:

In the south of the vault there is a ten foot by ten foot section of the floor that is translucent, like a block of ice or clear crystal. Inside is a man with features like a genie, his arms folded over his chest.

An inscription reads: "In time of need, a friend indeed, but everything has it's cost. A liches bane, just speak his name, and all will not be lost."

Beneath the inscription there is a cypher, a scrambled message in the draconic alphabet.

Linguistics DC 12:
"Ibriham al Ramba"

Must speak draconic to attempt this check^^

Room B:

Secret Door Perception DC 10

Celestial Inscription:
"Invoke the divine favor of our goddess, and proceed."

Tapestry of Muir battling demons.

Room C:

Secret Door Perception DC 10

Celestial Inscription:
“Call upon the power of our goddess to make your weapon as hers, and proceed."

Tapestry of Karith the Paladin slaying a dragon with his fabled sword.

Room D:

Secret Door Perception DC 10

Celestial Inscription:
“Pray to our goddess that through your self-sacrifice you may protect others, and proceed."

Tapestry of a group of questing Justicars with shields held high.

Room E-F:

Secret Door Perception DC 18
Disable Device DC 18 to open.


Round One

The shrine creaks as the daemon leans his weight against the statue above.

Strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Go!


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

Priss reads the draconic in her head and then works it over in her head

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Once that is done she looks about the room
Preception Room E-F: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

With glee she spots the doors and works on getting inside

Disable Device Door E: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Disable Device Door F: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Archer 2 / Falconer 1| 35/35 | Init +3 | Perc +9 | AC:16 Tch:13 FF:13 | Fort +7 Ref +5 Will +3 | CMD:18
Arrows:
Large Quiver: 70 Hip Quiver: 7 blunt

Jeb uses the Oil of Magic Weapon +1 on his arrows. If there is still time after that, he'll ready a shot at whatever enemy he sees in the stairwell.


Female CN Tiefling(Grimspawn) Unchained Rogue(Chameleon) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Death Knell SLA 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Lucia rushes to pris to aid her in opening the doors. "Hurry up, our friend up there will be here shortly."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Human Inquisitor of Muir 3 Init +3 | Per +8 | HP 25/29 | AC 16 FF 15 T 11 | F +5 R +2 W +5 | CMD 17

Andrek stands at the ready for when they either get a door open or an enemy appears


There is still time to prepare, the Daemon has failed to budge the statue so far.

But, you must do your preparations on turn based initiative, the Daemon will retry each turn to force the statue.

Priscilla opened Room F:

Inside is a translucent storage capsule with the same draconic style runes and decorative motifs as the translucent block containing the slumbering figure in the south of the vault. Inside this capsule two wands and a plaster hand with a ring on each of four fingers can be seen, as well as an amulet draped over a plaster bust. The translucent capsule shows no sign of a means of egress.


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

" Some weird case in here, Its got stuff in it...."Pauses for the resounding blow and than continues."need help with this other door, and maybe someone should figure out how to open the box"


Male Aasimar Cleric-3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 15(17 w/shield) T:12 FF:13(15) | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+6 | Cmb:+4 CMD: 15 | Perception:+4

Ares moves over to Priscilla and checks out the box, hoping that something will spark from his past. "Let me see little one."

Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Ares remembers a tale his father told him of a mageocracy beneath what is now the duskmoon hills which was mostly benign but which eventually produced a lich. The adversaries of the lich had been stored in time stasis capsules of clear resin.


Round 2

Hydrodaemon Pussshhh: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

creeeek

The statue slides over. The hideous daemon and his two tsathar minions peer down into the vault.

Go!


Female CN Tiefling(Grimspawn) Unchained Rogue(Chameleon) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 20 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +7 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Death Knell SLA 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Lucia darts for the first available hiding spot, hoping to get a jump on the daemons as they enter the vault.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Female Halfling Rogue 3rd |HP:24 |Percpt:+11(+12 traps) |Init:+9 |AC:15 Tch:15 Flf:10| F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 |CMD:14

Goes to the previous door and tries it again!
disable device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Human Inquisitor of Muir 3 Init +3 | Per +8 | HP 25/29 | AC 16 FF 15 T 11 | F +5 R +2 W +5 | CMD 17

Andrek readies himself for battle, drawing his sword, and placing himself into the enemy's view to help Priscilla stay out of sight.


Male Aasimar Cleric-3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 15(17 w/shield) T:12 FF:13(15) | Fort:+5 Ref:+3 Will:+6 | Cmb:+4 CMD: 15 | Perception:+4

Round 2

"Don't touch that." He points to the box he was examining then rushes out to his brothers side drawing his sword and shield.

1,251 to 1,293 of 1,293 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valley of the Shrines - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.