The Mud Sorcerer's Tomb (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

Map


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,876 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Omar leads the way down a stone corridor (south), each stone is 2 by 2 ft, and perfectly placed. Omar is wary and scans carefully. At the end of the hall it makes a 90 degree turn (east) and continues for another 40 feet before it turn again (north).

Before turning down the east corridor Omar checks the stone wall (west wall) and he notices a small 2 inch hole that feels threaded. He considers it a potential arrow trap but quickly realizes it resembles a threaded key hole (as if something screws into the thread).

Updated corridor Map

What are you going to do?


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Page turn


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

"Which way, Omar? Maybe we should try out the hallway and worry about the strange holes, later?"


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Sargon quickly searches his equipment.

I don't have anything that would fit in that hole, so onward we go

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Yes, without a key, it doesn't do us much good. "

and heads down the corridor watching for any traps.

perception: 1d20 + 29 + 6 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 29 + 6 + 7 = 50


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Rey jots down the new notes in her map as quickly and accurately as she can.

Craft Mapmaking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Onward ho!


Evil GM

A row of red marble pillars runs down the hallway leading to this 45 ft tall chamber. Each of the five pillars has a single word inscribed. The inscription is in common and read as follows: "Tzalo", "Shall", "Vanquish," "Her," "Foes."

The vaulted ceiling of this chamber is painted to depict-animal-headed humans with ornate blades, locked together in bloody duels. Turquoise and ebony files frame a long pool of crystal clear water that runs down the center of the chamber. Eight marble statues of tiger-headed humans, naked to the waist and brandishing elaborate pole arms, stand guard vigilantly along the walls of the chamber.

The room's dominant feature, however, is the massive statue in the alcove. The statue depicts a kneeling elephant-headed human sitting back on its haunches with arms outstretched, palms open in welcome. The statue is 20-ft tall from its base to the top of its head. It is naked to the waist, revealing a heavily muscled gray chest. Baggy yellow pantaloons cover its feet. Its huge trunk rears back against its forehead, from which a massive red gem sparkles. Two more dark gemstones asre set into the statue's eyes. Two great stone tusks, one painted red, the other green, jut out of the statue's fanged maw.

Corridor and Room

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Obviously, there's no way that thing will animate and attack us or anything. "

and he takes a scan of the room for any signs of traps.

perception: 1d20 + 29 + 6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 29 + 6 + 7 = 48


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Right, I'm certain none of the artwork or statues in here are going to animate and try and remove our heads from our bodies. That would be too obvious, and the Mud sorcerers were never obvious. I'm thinking more likely the elephant statue is just a sprinkler, and it sprays water into the lovely pool in the center of the room.


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

"Har dee har har, you two. Obviously this is bad. Might be a good time to cast and preparatory spells needed, since we probably have to fight everything in this hall."


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Hmm...eight tiger heads and an elephant, the fun never ends

Sargon will delay until the statues animate


Evil GM

The party's mood ranges from sardonic to concerning but the group understands that it must push forward to survive. Sargon begins floats off the ground, invisibly while eagerly awaits to blast anything that animates in the room. Rey nudges the heavily armored paladin forward instinctively using him as her personal body shield. Dragox fills the corridor dutifully with blade in hand.

Meanwhile, Omar exhales and begins to examine the statues and pool. His eyes focus on the heavy elephant tusks, initially concerned about being gored by either the red or green one, then he chuckles to himself: clever. To his eye, it looks like the tusks unscrew.

Sargon as you float up higher you don't see anything in the statue's opened palms but they do seem large enough stand or sit on.

Dragox you notice there are 5 valuable ivory tiles over belly of the massive statue each depicting a single letter: "F", "V", "T", "H", "S."

Rey the ruby in the statue's head has catch your attention as your fingers wiggle with anticipation.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Curious...It appears as if we have our screw key and a poorly hidden message F,V,T,H,S. Tzolo shall vanquish her foes.

No matter how inviting, Sargon does not land in the palm of the statues hand


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

"Should we arrange that message in a particular way? There is a lot of value in those statues...we need to collect all of that," the paladin says, with visions of armies decked out in shining suits of full plate mail, taking the WorldWound.


Evil GM

What are you going to do?

Dragox you do see quite a bit of potential loot in this room.

Each of the elephant tusks look valuable; the tiger head itself would fetch a handsome price; then there is the ruby in the colossal statues forehead that can feed an army for month, the eyes look like black opals, and the 36 fangs looks like smoky blue quartz. At least to your treasure looting eyes!


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Rey takes the time to detect magic throughout the entire room to see if any magical auras are present on any of the valuables.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Well I don't see any traps, so you are welcome to grab stuff Dragox. "


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

Dragon reaches up to start pulling down any of the jewels he could easily reach. If he could not get any, he will try to climb to the closest one and see what happens.


Evil GM

Dragox jumps about 4 and half inches off the ground while in his full plate armor, as he reaches for one of the ivory tiles below the colossus navel. His fingers pry but the tile does not budge. If you are attempting to climb up to get tot he gems in eyes and forehead you need to make a climb check for me.

Meanwhile Rey checks the area for magical auras but she does not detect any.

Anyone else doing anything?


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

Dragox stepped back. "I'm no good at climbing in all this armor. Could I get some help from one of you? How about prying some of those jewels out of the statues?"


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Sargon will continue to fly around invisibly keeping an eye on things.

I'm not much good at prying jewels Dragox


Evil GM

Sargon:
As you buzz around you notice that one of the small statues appears with a tiger head appears to be loose, as if: it screws off.

The big half-orc paladin's gaze falls on Omar.


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Magic or not, Rey is wary of prying things off of the statues. I'm not doing it. Even the absence of magical auras doesn't convince me that thing isn't coming to life if I touch it wrong.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

It appears as if one of these tiger heads unscrews

Sargon will unscrew it


Evil GM

Sargon cautiously and slowly unscrews the tiger's head. Dreading every rotation. He lifts the head and peers inside a hollow space there are two ornately adorned scroll cases, both cases come scrolls, there and a tile that is inscribed in Taalese: Ivory blade, crimson sword, leads thee to the hidden hoard.

Three scrolls total: Bulls strength, augury, and purify food and dring.

You can make a knowledge: dungeeonering roll to try to figure out the riddle.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"I suppose I can try. "

climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 then he will pry out the gems with his adamantine kukri trying to avoid touching the gems with the blade since it would cut them.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Ivory blade, crimson sword, leads thee to the hidden hoard. This have any meaning to any of you?


Evil GM

Anyone with know: dungeoneering can make that attempt.


Evil GM

Omar you shimmy on up the statue and are able to pry the big ole ruby from it's forehead. It looks quite valuable to you.

Ruby 5000 GP value.


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

"See? Nothing to worry about! Let's collect all those pretty little gems, and get moving again!". The paladin was actually quite relieved something didn't animate and attack them.


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Rey will use her skills as a Lore Master to figure out the riddle. Sargon, what do these Taalese words say?

Once Sargon gives her the info she'll take 20 on the K:Dungeoneering check.

Knowledge:Dungeoneering: 20 + 19 = 39


Evil GM

Rey perks up proud as peacock.

Rey:
It's simple riddle: An elephant's tusk is ivory right? We need to unscrew red (crimson) tusk and use that as the key to get to the hoard.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

I've got it! An elephant's tusk is ivory right? We need to unscrew the red (crimson) tusk and use that as the key to get to the hoard. Rey smiles, but then immediately frowns. Though, from what I've seen of this tomb so far, I doubt it's really just that easy. More than likely unscrewing the tusk is going to start a flow of caustic acid into the room, and we'll all end in a heap of bleached bones and magic weapons.


Evil GM

Omar are you going to unscrew the red tusk?

Sargon:
You realize the lettered tiles on the belly are a puzzle of some sort. The letters were: 5 valuable ivory tiles over belly of the massive statue each depicting a single letter: "F", "V", "T", "H", "S."

So far the looting is going smoothly.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

Sure, Omar unscrews the tusk.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

I believe this is a puzzle, a deceptively simple one at that. I believe we need to arrange the tiles like such T,S,V,H,F. Would anyone like to do the honors?


Evil GM

Omar unscrews the crimson tusk and hands it back down...everyone else stands read for the statue to move, but it remains inanimate. Sargon's voice breaks the tension.

Omar:
When you unscrew the tusk the threading looks similar to the threading to the keyhole in the hallway. The one that you could not pick.


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

Dragox moves the tiles around as requested by Sargon. "What's the worst that could happen, right?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

In response to Dragox's question about what is the worst that can happen.

Acid shower: 50d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 3, 5, 1, 3, 3, 4, 4, 1, 6, 6, 1, 3, 3, 6, 4, 3, 6, 3, 5, 1, 2, 1, 3, 3, 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 6, 6, 6, 4, 3, 3, 2, 3) = 168

Click Here:

DM humor!

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Hmm, this might be the key to another spot. "

which side fits the hallway?do I need to remove the tusk?


Evil GM
Omar bin Zayed wrote:

"Hmm, this might be the key to another spot. "

which side fits the hallway?do I need to remove the tusk?

I assumed you removed the red one that Rey mentioned. Are you going to unscrew the green one too?

The whole tusk unscrews and you think will fit screwing into the secret door thread.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

He might as well do both.


Evil GM
Omar bin Zayed wrote:
He might as well do both.

Just so we are clear: The whole red tusk unscrews {Like a threaded bolt)from the statue. You believe it will screw into the secret door lock in the hallway (Like a nut).


Evil GM

I want to make sure everyone is on the same action. So here is quick recap of where the game stands:

Rey has advised to unscrew the red tusk as it could be the key that leads to the treasure hoard. She has not mentioned the green tusk.

Omar climbed the statue and took the ruby in the forehead and opal eyes. He then removed the red tusk. I have not had you remove the green tusk yet. I need you to confirm if you are going to do that or not.

Sargon has given directions on the tile puzzle: T,S,V,H,F.

Dragox is depressing the tile letters per Sargon's directions.
--------

Dragox pushes the tiles in the order that Sargon directs. The belly rumbles: Tzolo Shall Vanquish Her Foes. The a secret door in the statue's stomach opens inward, revealing a corridor.

-----
With that set-up what are you doing next?

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

I will remove the green tusk.


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

I say we let Omar finish his hijinks and then we can head down that corridor.


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Rey takes a moment to jot down the details of the room and the puzzle on her map, which, even though they appear to be about to gather a hoard of treasure, she considers to be the real treasure of this adventure.

Craft Mapmaking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Proceed when ready gentleman. I'm right behind you.


Evil GM

As Omar unscrew the green tusk a greenish-yellow vapor sinks quickly from the head of the statue, clinging to everything as it moves. The acidic odor burns and leaves a ghastly taste.

Everyone needs to make fort save DC 20. success means 1/2 con damage.
Cloud Kill con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

fort 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33

As a swift action, the paladin uses his Lay on Hands ability on himself.

LOH 7d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 6, 3, 1, 3) = 21


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),
DM wrote:

Everyone needs to make fort save DC 20. success means 1/2 con damage.

Cloud Kill con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Everyone has Life Bubble up, does this prevent the damage

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,876 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to the Tomb... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.