The Mud Sorcerer's Tomb (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

Map


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,876 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Sargon blasts the black portcullis


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

How quickly is the wall moving?

Rey moves to the back of the room, mentally dispelling her previously cast Greater Invisibility so that her comrades can see her. If we can't find some other way to bypass this wall, I'll just teleport us right through it with a Dimension Door, she says, but for that to work, you'll all need to be touching me when I cast it. Yes, this is me saying I want you all to touch me, but only if we can find no other means to stop this trap from crushing us.


Evil GM

wall movement: 10 feet per round.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Group Hug!" and he moves up to touch Reyondele.


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Not that I don't like the affection, but I just remembered. Teleportation spells don't work in the tomb. Damn! We're not dimension dooring our way out of this one! Sargon, you got any ideas?

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

Assuming the disable didn't work, he will pull out his adamantine kukri and try to hack through the bars of the portcullis.


Evil GM

Omar the wall continues to grind closer as you were not able to disable it's advance.

Rey quickly thinks of song she knows to move people dimensional but it fizzles out of existence.

Sargon's green ray blasts the adamantine portcullis. Much of your energy seems to be absorbed by the bars but three become pitted.

-----
Suddenly where the marble block eased into the floor lower another 2 feet this creates just enough space for two humans sized creatures to fit. The advancing wall moves another 10 feet.


Evil GM

Everyone can make make a perception check.

Initiative Order:
Sargon
Omar
Dragox
Rey


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Perception: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (8) + 26 = 34

Curious,that usually does the trick

Sargon casts Wall of Force in front of Rey and Dragox parallel to the portcullis in the hopes of slowing the wall from crushing us ala star wars


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

"Try it again, Omar! Two of you hide in hide in he depression. Save yourselves!"


Evil GM

I'm waiting for everyone to post.


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

In desperation Reyondelee casts Detect Secret Doors and spins a slow circle of the room looking for any secret exits.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

Omar will try to disable it again. 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (14) + 32 = 46


Evil GM

Sargon's wall of shimmering force appears and appears to stop the moving wall, but Sargon can tell that it's under a great deal of constant pressure and his wall will eventually break.

Omar quickly searches for a way to disable the moving wall but he quickly realizes it can't be disabled.

Rey regains her composure and casts a spell and she grins to herself.

Rey:
You see a thin outline of secret door that is on the moving wall but it fades away as Sargon's spell stopped the moving wall. You realize that the secret door only appears and is accessible, when the moving wall is in action. Sargon's spell made it fade away.


Evil GM

Initiative Order:
Sargon
Omar
Dragox
Rey


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

[ooc]Speaking is a free action we can do outside of our initiative, right? Can Rey point out where the secret door is once the wall starts moving again, or point in the general direction to give Sargon and Omar a better chance to locate and open it?[ooc]

Gentleman, I think the situation is much less dire than we thought. There is, in fact, a secret door in the moving wall, however it is only accessible while the wall is moving.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Oh, well that is helpful. I guess we need the spell down then.

Then he looks for the secret door.

perception: 1d20 + 29 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 29 + 6 = 37


Evil GM

yes talking is a free action.


Evil GM

I assume Rey would point out the area on the wall that the secret door was located.

Omar you don't detect the secret door at this point. it's only noticeable when the wall is moving. You do realize this is one nasty trick the mud sorcerers put in front of you.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

When the party is ready Sargon dismisses his spell

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

Omar will make sure he is in the indicated position (by Rey) so he can open the door in a hurry.

disable device: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (2) + 36 = 38 if needed


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

"Let's get right beside the door before letting the spell drop. Then we can scurry out before we get squished."


Evil GM

Everyone crowds around the area that Rey points out, then Sargon releases his spell. The wall continues moving but Omar and Rey locate the secret door and get it opened. Once opened the wall stops moving.

I'll get the description of the next area up tomorrow.


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Whew! Great work everybody. I thought that was the end there for a quick second. Rey says, breathing a heavy sigh of relief.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Yeah I'm sure that had two of us had laid down in the coffin, the situation would have gotten worse.


Evil GM

The group slips into the corridor revealed behind the tricky secret door.

Updated Map


Evil GM

Omar make perception check.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

perception: 1d20 + 29 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 29 + 6 = 47


Evil GM

Omar you realize that you are about to walk over a weakened area of the floor and to your eye it looks like trap that resets.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"Ok, let me deal with this, seems like another trap. "

disable device: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (1) + 36 = 37 derp


Evil GM

Omar sets off the trap and it reveals a pit that falls 20 feet. He is able to wedge a piton into the floor when it resets and he is hopeful that it holds when his crew crosses the area.


Evil GM

I'm going to put up the map here first, then describe the room the room.

Updated Map


Evil GM

The archway leading into the chamber is inscribed with the following in Taalese:

does anyone try to read the statement?:
"The reverent should tread with care. The irreverent shall die."

Who can read this statement?

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

don't think I know taalese


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Reyondelee pulls out one of her five scrolls of comprehend languages, but doesn't read it yet, just in case Sargon is going to read the Taalese.

I think Sargon knows Taalese doesn't he?


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Sargon will read it


Evil GM

Sargon:
A fortitude DC 23 save is in order.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


Evil GM

Sargon reads the Taalese inscription and when he gets to the word: die, it flares greenish red as the symbol of death blasts. You take 85 HP of damage.

If you have Spell resistance you can roll it. Rather than hit with the full 150 HP of damage I reduced to 85 HP and I'll say there was some spell decay.


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Sargon reads the Taalese inscription and when he gets to the word: die, it flares greenish red as the symbol of death blasts. You take 85 HP of damage.

If you have Spell resistance you can roll it. Rather than hit with the full 150 HP of damage I reduced to 85 HP and I'll say there was some spell decay.

I appreciate not being instakilled

Sargon reels back in agony, Thank the gods, none of you could read that vile script

Does anyone have some healing?


Evil GM

Blood spurts form Sargon's nose, and dribbles from both his eyes and nose as the spell triggers. He staggers back into Omar's arms.

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

"I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss eh?"


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Reyondelee will use another two charges of her cure critical wounds wand.

Cure Critical Wounds 2 Charges: 8d8 + 20 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 4, 8, 2, 7, 1) + 20 = 54

Touching Sargon's rear end to release the healing magic, she gives it a good squeeze and then kisses him on the mouth to release the second charge. There you go sweet heart. She says with a wink. Looking him over to see if he is properly healing, she says, need another of my sweet caresses?


1/2 Orc Cleric Of Caydean 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15/11/14 | F+4,R+1,W+4 (+2 to charms, compulsions, and emotion spells | Init.+1 | Perc.+6 | SenseMotive+2 | CMD 14 | Darkvision 60’ | 30’ movement

Dragox shakes his head. "It's not always best to be the smart one,eh..:"


Active Spells:
Darkvision(6 hrs), Life Bubble(4hours), Overland Flight( 16 hrs), See Invisible(Permanent), Symbol of Mirroring(Permanent),
LG Human Sorcerer(Arcane) 14 | HP:116/116 | AC:14 | T:14 | FF:10 | Fort:15 | Ref: 14 | Will:19 | Init: +14(16) | CMB:5 | CMD:19 | Fly 40"
Skills:
Engineering 9, Planes 10(20), Linguistics 9 Perception: 24(26),

Sargon is taken aback but not surprised by the bards unique way of healing.

Horny Bard wrote:
need another of my sweet caresses?

*Sigh If you can spare it my dear, that was quite a nasty surprise

Omar wrote:
"I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss eh?"
Dragox wrote:
"It's not always best to be the smart one,eh..:"

Alas being a leader does have it's drawbacks


Female CG Half-elf Bard/14 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 30 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +15 | Init +4 | Perc: +23 | Speed 30 ft. |

Why certainly my dear. Rey says and then fires off another two charges of her wand.

Cure Critical Wounds Wand 2 Charges Expended: 8d8 + 20 ⇒ (4, 2, 8, 7, 5, 3, 8, 7) + 20 = 64

Rey brushes her hand through Sargon's hair straightening it up to release the first charge, and then kisses his forehead to release the second. There you go beautiful.


Evil GM

Rey uses some of her seductive grace to heal Sargon. To her surprise both Dragox and Omar start to whine about being hurt...too.

Pressing forward the group gazes into the massive room. There is a large U-shaped pool that dominated this 35-ft tall chamber. Above the domed ceiling shines like mother-of-pearl, reflecting a rainbow of colors back into the room. Resting on a platform in the center of the pool is a mastless 35-ft long ship made of a fine reddish wood. Eight oak beams angled up from the stone platform support the hull of this ship. the deck is 12 ft above the floor, and holds a small cabin to the west, a covered stairway to the east, and a great wheel inlayed with ivory between those two structures.

A pair of fanged elephant heads, ten feet above the floor on the west wall, spray water from their curled trucks into the pool. They flank yet another stone face, six feet in diameter, that sits somewhat lower on the wall. This stone visage has an evil, fanged grin. The face has tightly gritted teeth, wild unkempt hair, huge ears, an arrogant, jutting chin, and squinting eyes from which pour a steady river of tears.


Evil GM

Current Map

Profile view

[ooc]What are you going to do now?[/occ]

Grand Lodge

Male
Stats:
(N HP 109/116, AC 31, T 21, FF 24, Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +12, Init +7, Perc +29, Stealth +28CMD 37)
ranger 14

take a close look around
perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (7) + 29 = 36

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,876 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to the Tomb... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.