The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


9,151 to 9,200 of 78,391 << first < prev | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | next > last >>

F Sylph

As Jim and Alton investigate the big metal thing and the weird spinny-globe flying guy makes it vanish, Nasima's face slowly settles back into a much more pleasant smile, and she shakes her head. "All you techno-types. I'll never understand you guys. *giggle*" She shrugs, then, and walks out, making her way to the infirmary to see how everyone is doing, and how many were able to be rescued.


F Sylph
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

"ah heh heh heh hehhhh"

Perception Ch....nevermind. Nasima is still incorporeal.

Right. Time for more caffeine over here... (o.O)

Oh! No, she's corporeal. Sorry. Post edited. Probably just like a DC10 Perception since she doesn't even know she's doing it and therefore wouldn't try to hide it.


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre pulls his sword from the ground and sheaths it after his wounds heal himself. His helmet changes shape back to his normal mask and cloak. He than starts to head to his room.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Nasima Shearskye wrote:

"ah heh heh heh hehhhh"

Perception Ch....nevermind. Nasima is still incorporeal.

Right. Time for more caffeine over here... (o.O)

Oh! No, she's corporeal. Sorry. Post edited. Probably just like a DC10 Perception since she doesn't even know she's doing it and therefore wouldn't try to hide it.

Ahh. Got it...

As Fei is talking with Professor Sunwake he notices Nasima reappear, a disturbingly rictus grin on her face. Her face returns to normal as she says something to some other students and leaves.


Unbeknownst to anyone, while the Gear Wyrm fought and stomped and blasted, a single drop of an oily substance leaked out of a nearby HVAC vent, where it had sat since Ephebe's explosive marksmanship had sent it flying there earlier in the day. Not even as big as a pinhead, it nonetheless contained trillions of picobots and their attoform pilots and crews. When shielded, they registered as little more than a blip on a nanite's internal system sweeps, and as nothing at all on gear of "normal" size; they shunt even submolecular checks aside as noise within an acceptable S/N ratio.

The Attites are a supremely technologically advanced race, and they recognize greatness when they see it, be it in this giant stompy thing or in the creatures fighting it. Their first go-round here was filled with errors, but that was only to be expected for a first iteration. Iterate early, iterate often is an Attite creed. This big stompy thing looks like an early iteration. It bears investigating.

The puddle vanishes as the Attites easily make their way into the Gear Wyrm, slipping through cracks its creators didn't even know existed. They register with no concern the gate locks and dimensional shift as Solivala whisks the creature away. Such locks would be trivial to break when the time came, but for now there was much work to do.

So much work to do.


Male Half-Elf

Michael breaks the kiss before either of them suffocate. :)

"So, the girl with the wings and Vakkler, they okay? You're not hurt are you?"


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
Genosuke wrote:

Shifts back into his human form.

"I will head outside and assist the headmaster."
He "Snapes" bows to all and leaves.
I'm still waiting on the mob's reaction to the 'landslide' actually...

What post was that? >.>


Male (?) Unknown, (Host Body) Drow Metal Elementalist 17


The Attites find themselves outside the gate. A symbol showing up among their data of a gate imposed on a gear. It seemed the gate was beyond the attites understanding of technology. All their data had been copied and their presence detected by the gate whose sole eye seemed to be trained on them with a mocking expression. It turned out their technology was inferior by far, something most disturbing.

Solivala's explaination was done magically so if Alton somehow dropped an ear on it let me know and I will post a response to his questions.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

"Well, it's too bad I didn't get a chance to examine that thing. It was spectacular."

Jim walks over to Aananda. "I think I'm going to like it here. In the two days I've been here, I've gotten to see and do more than I ever could in Krueller's lab. This place is fantastic, and I can't wait until my classes start."

As Jim starts to walk away, he realizes something. "Speaking of which, what classes will I be taking? While Ryo and I got my actual enrollment completed, he was too busy to actually have me sign up for classes."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Solivala wrote:

The Attites find themselves outside the gate. A symbol showing up among their data of a gate imposed on a gear. It seemed the gate was beyond the attites understanding of technology. All their data had been copied and their presence detected by the gate whose sole eye seemed to be trained on them with a mocking expression. It turned out their technology was inferior by far, something most disturbing.

Solivala's explaination was done magically so if Alton somehow dropped an ear on it let me know and I will post a response to his questions.

At this point it seems like Soli is automatically assuming no one has surpassed his technological skill. Someone is always better, Soli. Trust me, I know.

And no, I didn't eavesdrop. Just asking out loud.


Headmaster Ryo wrote:
.... wrote:

There are shouts of surprise as the wall comes up.

"He's a Cardcaster!"
"I told you!"
"We're here to kill the dragons!"
"We're here to shut you down!"
"Maybe we should go!"
"Kill him!"

"When will you fools get with the times!? The dragons of legend have been extinct for thousands of years and it's a well known fact that I'm a Cardcaster, since I've been trying to get rid of all the ignorance-born rumors about us!" Ryo shouts, his eyes swirling with gray. "Now, since I've been threatened twice... GET OFF MY LAWN!"

The ground under the mob shudders and cracks as it suddenly becomes a very steep hill that slopes away from the school.


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:

Michael breaks the kiss before either of them suffocate. :)

"So, the girl with the wings and Vakkler, they okay? You're not hurt are you?"

"We dropped them off at the triage station. They looked like they were probably okay, but the healers have them in case they're not. And no, I'm not hurt at all."


Image
"Jim" Rivets wrote:

"Well, it's too bad I didn't get a chance to examine that thing. It was spectacular."

Jim walks over to Aananda. "I think I'm going to like it here. In the two days I've been here, I've gotten to see and do more than I ever could in Krueller's lab. This place is fantastic, and I can't wait until my classes start."

As Jim starts to walk away, he realizes something. "Speaking of which, what classes will I be taking? While Ryo and I got my actual enrollment completed, he was too busy to actually have me sign up for classes."

"Well,you can definitely have a place in Advanced Mechanics. And you'll need to take a PE...I'd recommend advanced. I think you can handle it just fine. You'll need History of Agartha to catch up on what you've missed over the last hundred years.....that leaves you with two or three slots open. What are you interested in studying? Ryo's been pretty busy so I can take care of the paperwork for you if you already know. If not we can take some time tomorrow to figure it out."


Male (?) Unknown, (Host Body) Drow Metal Elementalist 17
Alton Keme de Eil wrote:


At this point it seems like Soli is automatically assuming no one has surpassed his technological skill. Someone is always better, Soli. Trust me, I know.

And no, I didn't eavesdrop. Just asking out loud.

It has to do with the basis for his character and what he is.


Warforged Engineer Alchemist 16/Armiger 16 Champion of Creation

"I'm not really sure. I want to learn so many things, now that I'm able to. I don't really know where to start."


Male (?) Unknown, (Host Body) Drow Metal Elementalist 17
Alton Keme de Eil wrote:

Alton lets his legs uncurl from the light fixtures and lads on his feet about a yard from Solivala.

"Amazing piece of work, this thing. You called it a Gear Wyrm, right? A rather obvious name, but sometimes simplicity is key. How do you get the breath weapon to recharge? Is it a byproduct of the machine or a built-in feature?"

"Information on that subject is restricted. I can not answer."


Alton Keme de Eil wrote:
Solivala wrote:

The Attites find themselves outside the gate. A symbol showing up among their data of a gate imposed on a gear. It seemed the gate was beyond the attites understanding of technology. All their data had been copied and their presence detected by the gate whose sole eye seemed to be trained on them with a mocking expression. It turned out their technology was inferior by far, something most disturbing.

Solivala's explaination was done magically so if Alton somehow dropped an ear on it let me know and I will post a response to his questions.

At this point it seems like Soli is automatically assuming no one has surpassed his technological skill. Someone is always better, Soli. Trust me, I know.

And no, I didn't eavesdrop. Just asking out loud.

These things are to the nanites what the nanites are to microorganisms. They are smaller by a factor of ten. I might buy Soli finding them himself due to his power as Champion of Creation when scanning over the gear wyrm later, but having the gate find them is a bit much. And it would probably take him a bit of study to learn their data. After all what's the fun of being a super techie if you never find anything that you need to study? :)


Image
"Jim" Rivets wrote:
"I'm not really sure. I want to learn so many things, now that I'm able to. I don't really know where to start."

"Well, you're welcome to look over the course catalog tomorrow. Although some courses may be temporarily suspended or combined with others. We already had a bunch of teachers quit ad after tonight I think we're likely to lose the ones that were on the fence. But don't worry. We'll have replacements soon enough. We always do."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

A few members of the mob manage to keep their balance, but most are caught off-guard, and they fall back away from the school.
Scared, the townsfolk flee.
One more rock is thrown first.

It's thrown by an eighth level rogue, with 4d6 sneak attack damage. I'm sure that wouldn't drop Ryo, but it may have a better shot at stinging a bit. :P
Ryo can't find the thrower, and then the mob has vanished into the forest.


Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Ryo's been pretty busy so I can take care of the paperwork for you..."

Automatic pay raise.


Good to know, narrator. :)

Solivala wrote:

"Information on that subject is restricted. I can not answer."

[/i]

"Is that a 'You don't have the clearance' kind of restricted or the 'I don't know but don't want you to know that' kind of restricted?"

The dragon isn't out in the open anymore, is it?


Ryo almost growls as he forces himself to stay calm and ignore the cut above his eye. The nanites were already fixing it anyway. With a weary sigh he returns the slope back to it's original angle and floats up and over the wall. He needed to see how many more student names would be added tot he memorial stone...

He doesn't know everyone that died got brought back to life yet.


Male (?) Unknown, (Host Body) Drow Metal Elementalist 17

The clockwork gate leads to Solivala's demiplane. The creator of a demiplane has the ability to expel anyone inside it. To top it off his demiplane is home to the rest of his swarm, subatomic particles that fill every bit of the place. Thats why the Gear Wyrm is a non issue once its been taken in there. The demiplane is Solivala. Gate filter keeps swarm from leaking out. But if you want Solivala to eat the Attites for sneaking in then fine. ;)

Edit-Nope gear wyrm is gone, unless I missed something.


Male Kitsune (9-tailed) Professor of Eastern Philosophy and Planar studies (?)Sorceror/(?)Flowing Monk

Walks out of the school as Ryo is going in, and bows.
"I missed it, I take it."


"They'll come back and in larger numbers. I dread the day non-lethal means will not frighten them off."

Gotta go now, be back in about 2 hours.


Male Kitsune (9-tailed) Professor of Eastern Philosophy and Planar studies (?)Sorceror/(?)Flowing Monk

"I understand, Ryo-san. The taking of innocent life is harder when the need is driven by their own ignorance."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"What the hell is going one I know there is a concert but some people might want to slee...oh hell What happened here?" Asch asks as he and Amada teleport into the middle of the concert hall.


Asch Redgrave wrote:
"What the hell is going one I know there is a concert but some people might want to slee...oh hell What happened here?" Asch asks as he and Amada teleport into the middle of the concert hall.

Welcome back ,kids - the party got a wee bit out of control here ;D


DM Downrightamazed wrote:
Solivala wrote:

The Attites find themselves outside the gate. A symbol showing up among their data of a gate imposed on a gear. It seemed the gate was beyond the attites understanding of technology. All their data had been copied and their presence detected by the gate whose sole eye seemed to be trained on them with a mocking expression. It turned out their technology was inferior by far, something most disturbing.
LOL! Seriously, dude? Hahahahaaa. Wow.

I know, right?


Solivala wrote:
The Attites find themselves outside the gate. A symbol showing up among their data of a gate imposed on a gear. It seemed the gate was beyond the attites understanding of technology. All their data had been copied and their presence detected by the gate whose sole eye seemed to be trained on them with a mocking expression. It turned out their technology was inferior by far, something most

LOL! Seriously, dude? Hahahahaaa. Wow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Whoa, time warp!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How in the 9 Hells did that happen?

Also, no offense KC, but Soli reminds me of you back when we were playing the Elemental Champions. Charles too.


How the....


Whoa! Time warp fun. Kronos is messing with the thread. ;P

Soli, email headed your way.


*snickers*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
How in the 9 Hells did that happen?

Eh. I went back to edit and it munched my edit; I think my post got re-time stamped. *shrug* GREAT SCOTT, MARTY!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf
DM Downrightamazed wrote:
GREAT SCOTT, MARTY!

I've told you before my name is Michael and I also said it was a bad idea to take the delorean-skimmer for a joy ride!


Agarthian Storyteller wrote:

How in the 9 Hells did that happen?

Also, no offense KC, but Soli reminds me of you back when we were playing the Elemental Champions. Charles too.

None taken. Implications that I've improved are what I play for.

Moving on. It's okay if I play the ruler of the Dragon Empire, right?
Awesome!
Okay, guess who it is?
You'll never guess! >:)


AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


Male Fiend (Unknown) Fighter/Monk 16


Bzzzzzzzz bzzzzzz bzzzzz

A sleeping student in the infirmary has their face screwed up in discomfort from something moving close to their face. From time to time a lazy hand comes up to swat at it. But still it moves about, enough to annoy but not enough to cause the person to wake.

Bzzzzzzzz bzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If anyone was awake in the room they would see a cross legged teifling with a fishing rod, but in place of hooks small fluffy balls hanging from half a dozen strings spread over a whole row of sleeping students.

Kalesril seemed to have missed so much. Some sort of strange zombie infestation and then some metal dragon like monster attacked. He wondered how long his bad luck was going to keep running. Then again he was not going to stop finding whatever enjoyable activities he could in the meantime.

Bzzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Can I assume Vakkler was healed? I want to harass him! <)


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

Not sure if Vai would even be noticed with the chaos in the infirmary right now, what do you guys think? Still knocked out?


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

A few cure moderate wounds or the like would be pretty simple, so it's not that presumptuous to assume you're awake. Especially given that you've only got this one character to play. But I'm hardly the final word on things. :)


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9

Vai gasps as consciousness flood her body once again. She is immediately aware of her wings, uncomfortably pressing against her back as she lays on a bed in the chaotic infirmary. She opens her eyes slowly, calmly, trying to keep her composure. Someone definitely saw her.. especially with the amount of people! Vai tries to make her wings vanish, pulling them back in as fast as possible, hoping people will think they were a continued illusion.


Male Unknown 16 Invulnerable Rager/ 16 Hex Crafter Magus

Enre thinks as he walks toward his room. Once in his room he begins to repairing his armor thinking all the while. With the repairs done he leaves his room once more and walks around once more.


Kicking rubble off the stage, Kam sighs.

"I thought being up here without the illusion would be bad enough, but this? This sucks."

"Yeah." Belyu agrees.

"Nothing we can do about it though." Su'Ta replies.

"Yes there is." Taron growls as he stands up and throws his mind into repairing the instruments. "We can play. We can show that nothing will stop us. Ammy, hack the school's intercom system and start broadcasting. Everyone else, get ready."

With a surprising amount of enthusiasm, the members of Fly Free get everything back together and working. Soon, the intercoms all around the school crackle to life.

"We are young
We are strong
We're not looking for where we belong..."


Yeah, Vakkler it's reasonable to assume that you're awake.

Also, I'm going to sort out some of this other stuff here in a few minutes too.


If some other bands start playing inspiring music, that would be great! ;) Imagine the entire student body standing up for the school the next time something tries to start s&%@!


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler is already back up. He once again managed to avoid most of his healing, and is determined to restore order--certain that his time spent unconscious was time enough for a student rebellion to take place. He's looking for Jiminy or another student troublemaker.
Instead, he sees Kalresil.
The kobold's eyes bulge. "You--"
He rushes over and yanks a string off the contraption. He turns to Kalresil. "And what do you think you're doing, you demented freak? What's your name?"


Official Ruling: On the matter of the nanites and picobots... nanites are the size of viruses and picobots are the size of atoms. Doesn't mean the nanites can't find the picobots, but it will take them some time. On the matter of the gate, being able to control a demiplane does not include being able to screen down to the atomic level. Some concerns were expressed by Solivala because the majority of his 'body' is inside the demiplane. The picobots may be an annoyance to the nanites, but they cannot do any real damage to them or take over any part of the nanites that constitute Solivala's body. The nanites making up the gear wyrm are fair game espcially since they are outside of Solivala's control. I hope this clears up any lingering confusion. Thanks.

Now, back to enjoying the game. :)

9,151 to 9,200 of 78,391 << first < prev | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.