Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


551 to 600 of 752 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

Lyla's voice comes through the earpieces.

"Lyla here, at this point we may need rest if not magical help. Hal took a nasty wound from a mushroom creature that's eaten away a chunk of his arm. Not sure if going on today would be a good idea. How are you all doing? Any sign of the worker?"


Loot Tracker Current Map

The ogre's death was a bad one. It tried to get out of the pit but really only succeeded in popping up long enough to get hit in the face again by Cad and knocked unconscious. Then it burned to death as teh ground slowly went back to normal and the pit vanished. Then it was just a sad looking giant bleeding from the head an d smoldering beneath a pile of soggy mattresses.

Fight over. You guys are quite the wrecking crew.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Ogre went much easier then the swarm ;)

When Cadeyrn was certain the ogre was truly dealth with he doused the body and matresses by creating water. Cadeyrn then turned to Bladud,
"Bladud, you hadn't found any trace of the spider on this end anymore, am I right?" Cadeyrn paused for a moment and then spoke to the group as a whole, "Maybe we can try the path the other team used and continue where they currently cannot? Are you all still feeling up for crushing that spider and saving the worker?"


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

"Nis, is there any magic in there? Those gloves and boots look special. I agree with Lyla. After we secure and loot the room, we should call it a day." Dvalin offers.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

As the ogre dies, the fatigue and physical toll of the leeches is obvious. "I could take up the trail, but I'm no'in a shape to keep fighting. Unless we have some powerful restoratives, I'll need a few days to catch up. You think they have any healing magics they can use back at base camp?"

Bladud's at 5 con damage and 3 strength damage. That's 5 days of healing unless we can get a handul of Restore spells on him.


Loot Tracker Current Map

The exhausted surveyors trudged their way back to the staging area.


Fala took one look at them and said "Clear the lift! Surveyors coming up!"

She gave them a nod as they waited for the crates to be cleared from the platform.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

I know nisfeollyn hasn't checked them yet, but are the ogre's boots and gloves special? And did he have anything else on him?


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Yah, it'd be good to finish up looting the ogre before we head topside .. just so we don't forget.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin is not leaving without that ogre looted. Personal pride and accomplishment.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

As he waits for Nis to check the ogre's gear for anything expensive magical, Bladud speaks back through the communicating device to Lyla. "No sign of the worker or spider. We think he's your ways a bit. And we're doing much the same ... a bit tore up. We'll be takin' a'rest once Nis here finishes some hocus pocus."


Loot Tracker Current Map

Nope, no magic there. Just very well made and treated to protect against ground-based hazards. It was a mundane way for the ogre to protect himself from the leeches at his door.


Loot Tracker Current Map

All the ogre had on it was a smelly pouch full of odds and ends. Some were valuable but most weren't.

A gold tooth, two old Imperial gold coins, a silver pendant with no chain in the shape of a small dragon's claw, and half of some sort of carving made of silver and bone.

Nisfeollyn:
The pendant detects as Abjuration magic.

Knowledge Religion DC 22:

The broken carving looks like an old holy symbol of the imperial god Pluto. When whole the symbol would look like a simple depiction of a chalice with an orb in it.


Loot Tracker Current Map

As the ragged quartet looked over their meager find, they boarded the lift and made their way to the surface.

It was getting on in the afternoon, the shadows were beginning to lengthen. The thick trees on the edge of the hillock clearing the ruin was built into were lacing patches of darkness around like some god had spilled an ink pot.

The workers had build an impressive platform, like a raft with a hole in the center, right over where the cave in had happened where they had tumbled down into the spiders lair. Down below much of the webs had been burned away. Their staging point was nearly complete.

To the north, at the base of the hill, the Foreman's voice echoed.


"Heave! Again! Heave, you motherless monkeys! We've almost got it!"


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

As Bladud and his crew wait to be lifted up to base camp, he looks over at Crew Chief Fala. "Anythin' we need'ta do while topside? Check ins or debriefs before we can hit the'hay?"

If not Bladud tiredly pulls himself directly towards the spot they had been directed mere hours before. Hours that seemed like it could have been days for all the excitement they'd seen since. When he finds the tent raised for him and his fellow highlander, he barely takes the time to drop his longspear and pack before he falls down onto his cot.

Still in full combat gear and boots, the highlander is snoring in no time.

I figure we take a full day (two nights) to recover. That's 2 pts back to all stat damage plus whatever Restore spell slots Dvalin can prep in a single day. I'm open to better ideas, though.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Know (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Yes, two nights. Dvalin will take 10+7=17 for Heal (long term care) for himself, Bladud, and up to 6. Everyone heals 4 ability damage and 6 hit points.

Dvalin has 3 slots for Lesser Restoration. Bladud and Dvalin need one each, so he has one leftover for someone else.

Dvalin wants to restock his pints of oil. What's available at what cost?


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

After all the ogre’s items were gathered, Nisfeollyn cast a detect magic spell and studied the pieces one by one. ”This pendant has Abjuration magic. Nothing else is magical. The boots and gloves are simply thick leather.”

On the surface, Nisfeollyn walked tall, as if wearing fine robes and not the rags remaining from his near death experience with the gelatinous cube.

”Foreman Bal, is there a tent for bathing? Also, are there any spare clothes? I would even wear pants,” he said with a slight shudder.

During the rest days he’ll prepare Identify and use it for spellcraft checks on the pendant and any items the second group needed to identify.
spellcraft identify pendant: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Doomed, one more thing. Before Dvalin goes to the surface, he expends his last 3 Door Sights on any door that we've left unopened. It's not clear to me which ones those are, so please let me know. Also, if we don't have 3 unopened doors to search, Dvalin can do it for team 1, too. After the doors have been cleared of any traps, of course. Thanks!


Loot Tracker Current Map

Getting to team 2 is a bit tricky. You planning on going down the crack in the wall to find them?

The foreman is a little busy to answer Nisfeollyn's question. The group moves to the edge of the hill and looks over to see the foreman leading a team of workers who have some kind of elaborate rope harness set up with block and tackle. About ten men are hauling for all their worth.

Suddenly they all fall backwards as whatever they were pulling on gives way with a crack, followed by the sound of many twigs being broken one after another.

Think the sound of velcro, writ large.

No rest quite yet folks. There's one more thing left to take care of. :)


The forman scrambled to his feet and rushed over to the edge of the hill, disappearing for a moment beneath an undercut.

"We got it! It's op-" his words were cut off by a startled bellow. He staggered back, one hand clamped over a bleeding puncture in his chest.

"F~##! Spider!"


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn rushed over to the workers to figure out what was going on.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Daydreams of a soft pillow and welcome sleep are all kinds of burst with the foreman's yell, and Bladud rushes toward the yell of 'spider!'

"Right!" he grunts through the fatigue, "Payback!"

What do we need? Initiative checks?
Given that some of his teammates are slower (and he doesn't want to rush into a fight alone and hurt), Bladud will take a move action at some point while rushing over to choose the spider as his Favored Target if he can. Let me know either way.
initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin will wait to coordinate with the other team his available Door Sights. I imagined they would lead him down there after they came up for a meal between rests.

Dvalin leaves his backpack and pick at the camp to get to heavy load and hustles over to the accident.

Perception take 10+10=20
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Loot Tracker Current Map

I'll handle initiative like I always do.I wanted to give everyone a little time to catch up on what was happening before diving in. Guess I shouldn't have done that. Thanks for being on top of things guys.

GM Rolls:

Nisfeollyn, initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Cad, initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Dvalin, initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Bladud, initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Torgan Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Lyla Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Dorian Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Hal Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Spider Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Initiative!

Group A
Nisfeollyn
Hal
Cad

Spider!

Group B
Dvalin
Lyla
Torgan
Dorian
Bladud
NPCs


Loot Tracker Current Map

Round 0 (surprise round!)
(no one is surprised)

Take it away group A


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

what's the map look like?


Loot Tracker Current Map

click the current map link. Its current. :) ________________^


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

The dwarf lines up a shot and pulls the level of his crossbow.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d10 ⇒ 8


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
click the current map link. Its current. :) ________________^

Yes, I looked there first. Where's the spider? The player failed his Perception check.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

I see Bal on the map and the members of Team 1 (C19 & 22 plus B20 & 21), but I don’t see the spider.

Round 0

Nisfeollyn issued a string of Arcadian curse words as the elf restrung his bow and drew an arrow. Aiming, he exhaled to relax. The taught sound of the string was a final, delayed exclamation to his frustration.

short bow attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 damge: 1d6 ⇒ 2


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn dropped his backpack and rushed forward, once more drawing upon his inner reserves.

Metal bubbles up from his hands and solidified in the shape of a cold-iron lucerne hammer.

"We run around all day trying to find it and then it pops up looking for us!"

Move from C19 to B27 (should be 40 feet), Standard action to activate Iron Weapon Revelation for a Lucerne Hammer. And like the rest of them, I too cannot see spider on map. I suppose it's somewhere around B35 to D35 area.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
I'll handle initiative like I always do.I wanted to give everyone a little time to catch up on what was happening before diving in. Guess I shouldn't have done that. Thanks for being on top of things guys.

No problem. Just got caught up in the excitement. :)


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Awaiting any discernible Spider activity or notice of a lack thereof before proceeding


Loot Tracker Current Map

No one was able to see the spider yet. Initiative kicked off when you heard Bal yell. You'll need to move to get a better view and try to engage.

Please take a look at the map and move yourselves appropriately. I'll update the map as soon as someone sees something. So far the only one to interact with the spider has been an NPC.

Those of you who have taken attacks, please post a different action. You're going to have to go where the spider is in order to attack it.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

It's still not clear which way the Spider would be. Dvalin moved in that direction, but the player doesn't which way that is.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Muddy Waters still around?(3minutes total)


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Thanks for clarifying the situation. Nisfeollyn heads to A31. Since previously posted actions are cancelled...Round 0

Nisfeollyn hears Bal’s scream and points to the sky. As he hurries towards Bal, short bow held hip high in front, he draws an arrow with about a quarter of the full tension needed to fire.


M Raven Familiar; 7/7 hp|AC 16 T 16 FF 14|F +2 R +3 W+4

Wuntholor sees Nisfeollyn’s finger pointing to the sky and jumps from his shoulder. He beats his wings, lifting above Nisfeollyn. His black eyes scan the area for a spider as he caws, hoping it scares the creature away.

Wuntholor is above the C33 square.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Loot Tracker Current Map

Please check discussion thread for detailed clarification of the situation. Nis, for the sake of expediting things, I'm going to move you to a better vantage point. Since all you're doing is moving this round, and you're moving mostly downhill, I'll let you get a little extra distance in.

Wuntholor took flight above the hill, but saw nothing dangerous.

Nisfeollyn on the other hand, rushed down the hill towards the Foreman and saw that the work crew had found another entrance to the ruin!

The ground had obviously fallen down over some kind of door, burying it over time. They had excavated the earth and just now managed to force the door open.

Nisfeollyn's keen elf eyes could see into the gloom down the ancient doorway. It was full of criss-crossing spider webs. In the dark of the hole a cluster of reddish eyes gleamed.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

"Great Trickster, bless my weapon with strength to kill some vermin!"

Torgan casts Magic Weapon.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Moved to K35


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Thanks for using Nis to propel the scene.

Nisfeollyn calls out, ”A new entrance! The spider returns!” He plants his feet, pulls back on his bowstring, and fires at the spider, knowing that the webs may ruin his shot.

short bow attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 damge: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative Order (reposting):

Initiative

Group A
Nisfeollyn
Hal
Cad

Spider!

Group B
Dvalin
Lyla
Torgan
Dorian
Bladud
NPCs

Middle of Surprise round

Nisfeollyn's hasty shot disapeared into the darkness. The spider retreated as well, its eyes vanishing from the elf's sight.

The Spider moves out of Nisfeollyn's vision, deeper into it's den.

Group B, you're up!


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

How much time since the Mushroom fight has passed?


Loot Tracker Current Map

A minute or two. Enough time to catch your breath, discuss leaving and pry the door open.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

So my summon is stil around for another 15 rounds or so?


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Torgan casted the magic weapon spell as written above


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud continues to huff and puff his way towards the danger.

Use move to get as close to the spider's cave-opening as Bladud can. I'd say that's 30 feet, but maybe Bladud can benefit from Nis's down-hill movement thingy?

551 to 600 of 752 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.