Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


351 to 400 of 752 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn has a feather with light cast upon it stuck into his headband. Here’s the post of Nisfeollyn asking Cad to light a raven feather for him.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Readied Action…
dagger throw: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 8 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bladud throws his blade, both too late and too inaccurately for it to help.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Round 2

The rats swarmed in, two lunging for Cadeyrn.

Rat 3, bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Rat 3, Confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Rat 4, bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

One gets a lucky bite in, nearly catching him in his unmentionables.

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

You're up guys.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

R2

Bladud stabs past his fellow highlander with a two-handed longspear thrust, targeting the rat who nearly unmanned Cadeyrn. "I think'he likes'ya!"

Attack Rat 3... 2-handed, power attack.
longspear: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Status:
HP 29/33
AC 19 T 13 FF 16
CMD 19 FF 16
F +6 R +6 W +2
—> +4 vs. Endurnance-related checks
.
Effects/Conditions None
Current ACP: -2 (shield stowed)


Loot Tracker Current Map

The dying rodent twitched and spasmed on the end of Bladud's spear, squeeking pitifully.

Squish. Big-ass-rat-on-a-stick.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Round 2
Cadeyrn stepped into the room while swinging at the other rat who tried to attack him.
"There's 2 more hiding in the corner, not counting the one in front of me", he said back to the group.
_________________
5 ft step into the room, power attacking rat 4
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 2

Dvalin heads into the room and swings two-handed at another rodent. "Hey, whack a'rat! I remember this game back home."

move action past Cad. Hard corner blocks AOO
warhammer on r4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage to r4: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Round 2
Standard Action: Total Defense +4 AC; 17 AC for this round
Move Action: 30’ finishing near Dvalin

Hearing the sound of combat from the next room, Nisfeollyn gripped his long sword and held it in a defensive position as he turned the corner. One giant rat had the opportunity to bite him as he slid past Caderyn. The elf twisted around Dvalin to stand nearly in the center of the room, against the eastern wall.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Nisfeollyn's heart leaped into his chest as the floor gave way beneath him.

Nisfeolyn saves and stuff:

Nisfeollyn Reflex Save DC 15 vs pit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Nisfeollyn Reflex save DC 12 vs Engulf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nisfeollyn Fort save DC 20 vs Paralysis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Rounds Paralyzed: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5) = 12
Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

He fell into the pit that had suddenly sprung up below him, landing directly on top of something clear and spongy about ten feet down. He was surprised at how soft the landing was. He was completely uninjured, and tried to sit up, but he found his body was unable to move well or gain purchase on the moist, pliant surface. He struggled a bit, panic rising as his body began to sink into whatever he had landed on. He was slowly being swallowed like quicksand and he felt his body going numb. It quickly stopped responding.

Then a tingling sensation began…

DC 15 Perception (if you are adjacent to the pit). Nifeollyn automatically makes this check.:

There is something invisible holding up Nisfeollyn. The elf seems to be sinking into whatever it is.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 13 (if you make the perception check):
Nisfeollyn has fallen onto an Ooze creature commonly known as a Gelatinous Cube. They are unintelligent scavengers who eat organic material, not really caring if it is alive or dead. Their semi-permiable membranous "skin" contains a body that is almost entirely formed of a thick digestive slime.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Another of the rats rushed forward to swarm in at the group.

Rat 2, Bite, Dvalin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Rat 4, Bite, Cad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Loot Tracker Current Map

Round 3

you guys are up.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

I thought when I came in there were only 3 rats left. Not certain if I hit rat 4, but I'm quite certain Dvalin hit it, so I think rat 1 is now in front of me?


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud curses as the elf drops from sight. He rushes into the room, wary of further traps. The highlander finishes his approach by circling to the first available footing from which he can figure out a solution. He peers over the edge, seeing what kind of mess the mage might be in.

Move to U.16... Trapspotter should give me a free attempt to find any other traps as I get there. If he sees a trap, it'll obviously affect the rest of his move and actions, so let me know.
Perception (now that he's adjacent to the hole): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Seeing the elf's predicament, Bladud calls out, "He's sinkin'in ... somethin'. Somethin' invisible. And he's not movin'." Not sure what else to do, he drops his longspear and fishes a length of rope from his backpack.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Round 3

Finding himself in pit, Nisfeollyn felt a moment of panic as he began to sink. He saw Wuntholor circling above him, cawing a warning. The numbness started at his hands and feet, but maybe he only perceived that because those body parts were more sensitive. He thought of what this could be and tried to speak, but nothing came. As he started to sink further he saw Bladud peeking into the pit.

At least this wasn’t like Helvellyn. Well, he thought as the tingling started, I still need to be rescued, but I’m not hanging upside down with my genitals exposed.

knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


M Raven Familiar; 7/7 hp|AC 16 T 16 FF 14|F +2 R +3 W+4

Flying around, the crow caws in Arcadian.

Spoiler:
”Gelatinous cube! Gelatinous cube! He’s going numb and tingling."


Loot Tracker Current Map
Cadeyrn Griogal wrote:
I thought when I came in there were only 3 rats left. Not certain if I hit rat 4, but I'm quite certain Dvalin hit it, so I think rat 1 is now in front of me?

You're correct. I missed your attack last round. Sorry about that. The rats missed anyway, so no real change needed. There is only one rat left.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Round 3
Cadeyrn swung at the last rat.
Greataxe power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage if hit: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

If this kills the rat, Cadeyrn will 5-ft step to where it was, so he can look into the pit.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Loot Tracker Current Map

The last rat dies, bisected by an axe.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 3

Dvalin pulls out a pint of oil and throws it down the hole.

move action to ready it.
ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 threat
critical: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Reflex save? To catch fire.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Round 4

Bladud, you do not believe there are any other traps near you.

Dvalin's fire catches and spreads across the translucent surface of the strange ooze making Nisfeollyn look like he was trapped behind a burning sheet.

Reflex DC 15: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 Yay, a one! It turns out Gelatinous Cubes in this setting are really flammable.
Fire Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

It was like the ooze was made of petrol. The rush of flames that rolled across it's surface sounded like a roar. The fire turned funny colors rolling between blue and green and seeming to float off the near-invisable surface.

Bladud raised a hand up and squinted to shield his eyes from the impressive rush of heat that rolled out of the pit.

Then the fire, and Nisfeollyn's frozen, wide-eyed face, rushed out of the pit towards him.

Nisfeollyn seemed to levitate out of the pit, only the flames marking the perimeter of the transparent block of ooze. Once free of the pit, it expanded with a gross slurping sound, the fire rushing across it's entire shape until it was completely sheathed in multi-hued flames.

The Ooze is moving towards Bladud.
Bladud, you may either take an AoO, or you may dodge out of the way. Which would you prefer? If you choose to dodge, please make a DC 13 Reflex save.

Inside the burning cube Nisfeollyn felt the tingling sensation spreading.

NisfeollynAcid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Round 4
Cadeyrn moved to attack the ooze with his greataxe hoping to slice a good chunk out of it.

____________________
Will move to the last available spot in front of the ooze(assuming Bladud opts for the reflex spot to get out of the way) and attack
Greataxe PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 4

Dvalin smiles that his fire trick worked. He wonders if his warhammer will hurt it, so he gives it a two-handed whack to investigate.

warhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn’s eyes and skin burned with the ooze’s acid. Through half-paralyzed eyes he saw the multi-colored fire above him, as if dancing on a solid mass of light since the cube was lit from within by his glowing feather.

He wanted to choke as the gelatinous cube leaked down his throat and he began to suffocate. That reflex was beyond him. Through his empathic link with Wuntholor he felt the bird’s distress. He knew when wizards lost their familiars it was a blow. How did familiars fare with the death of their wizards? His vision was getting dim, darkness edging out the light he felt surrounded by.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Sorry for the delay... i got sick.

Reflex DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Bladud sidesteps the flaming bull-rushy thingy, dropping his spear as he ties his rope to an arrow with a unique arrow-head (grappling arrow).

As the two warriors to their work, Bladud shouts as he draws his bow, "Ah'll see if I'can pull'im out!"

rules question:
DM, I'm hoping to use the grapple arrow to shoot it through the ooze into Nisfeollyn, then yank him out.

Would this be as simple as hitting Nisfeollyn with a shortbow attack using the grapple arrow, then using some kind of standard action to yank him back out?

If so, does Bladud think it would be any harder to hit Nisfeollyn with the arrow than normal?


Loot Tracker Current Map

Rules Answer:

Nisfeollyn is inside another creature. Normally it would be impossible to shoot/hit him with anything, but it's cool so I'll allow it.

Here are the complications you need to be aware of-

Nisfeollyn can't grab the arrow. You'll have to really hit him, potentially damaging him to snag him good enough to drag him out of the cube. Think of it like trying to drag someone out of quicksand. It's not going to be easy.

Next, Distortion. Through the fire and the transparent ooze, your target isn't clear. I'll apply the same penalties that you'd incur for shooting at a creature that was beneath water.

Last, fire. The rope might catch fire from being in contact with the surface of the ooze.

If those are factors you're comfortable with, go ahead and give it a shot.

Round 5

Bladud's spear was swept up into the body of the massive Cube, but he easily kept clear of it. Dvalin and Cadeyrn hacked large squelching pieces of burning slime free of the thing's main body.

Inside, Nisfeollyn continued to suffocate and burn in the creature's acidic body.
Nisfeollyn Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The ooze pushed forward, endangering Bladud and Cad

Take an AoO, or make a DC 12 Reflex save, guys.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Round 5

Nisfeollyn’s mind screamed as the creature continued suffocating and dissolving him. He tried to push the panic and terror, to achieve an elven calm. Thoughts swirl in his mind as he tries to focus on a final message.


M Raven Familiar; 7/7 hp|AC 16 T 16 FF 14|F +2 R +3 W+4

Wuntholor swoops cawing in Arcadian. He bites at the gelatinous cube’s edge.

Arcadian:
”Let him go you or I’ll peck you to death!”

Melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3
The 1d3-4 is what's listed in the SRD under the "raven" entry on the familiar page. I don't understand how something can do 1d3-4 damage.


Loot Tracker Current Map

It's mostly relevant in case of buff spells that adjust it (bull's strength, enlarge, etc). It means normally a raven does 1 damage on a hit (since no successful hit can do less than that).


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

I think technically Dvalin should get an AoO as the cube is moving through a square threatened by him, or am I wrong in this?
reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Cadeyrn narrowly escaped being enveloped by the cube himself.
I am waiting to do my round 5 action, as it might differ depending on Bladud's round 4 action.


Loot Tracker Current Map
Cadeyrn Griogal wrote:
I think technically Dvalin should get an AoO as the cube is moving through a square threatened by him, or am I wrong in this?

Correct. Thanks for pointing that out.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 4 bonus

warhammer AOO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud’s last post was his round 4; I should have made that more obvious (actions being tying the rope to the arrow [standard] then drawing his shortbow [move]). And thanks, DM, for the clarification. I hadn’t considered the distortion specifically, and wasn’t accounting for the fire at all, but I was assuming I’d need to actually shoot the arrow into Nis himself. I guess at this point it’s down to the dice. :D

Reflex DC 12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9; Hmmm… though it may be moot, now. I’ll wait to make my round 5 actions until I figure out if I’m still functioning.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Did the ooze take 1d6 fire damage in Round 4 or did it take time to put itself out?

Round 5

Dvalin continues to wail away at the flaming ooze knowing its the best way to save the pickled elf.

warhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Round 5
Cadeyrn continued hacking at the ooze as well. "I hope this does the trick. If it moves any closer I'll have nowhere to go!"
Greataxe PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage, if hit: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Loot Tracker Current Map

Bladud's Fort Save, DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Bladud tries to fire his bow to snag Nisfeollyn with a roped arrow, but didn't anticipate the speed the thing moved at. He was swept up into it, his breath abruptly cut off and his body immediately beginning to go numb. For the moment he was able to continue to struggle.

Dvalin and Cadeyrn continue hacking and splattering chunks out of it's burning form, but still it moved on lurching and slimeing it's way toward them.

Bladud, you are Pinned, Suffocating and taking Acid damage, but are currently still able to struggle. Please take your Round 5 action. Good luck.

Bladud Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 4 fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Round 5 fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Round 6

Dvalin continues to wail away at the flaming ooze knowing its the best way to save the pickled elf and highlander.

warhammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Round 6 fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Woot! That's another 26 points of damage!


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Round 5

Bladud’s instincts kick in, and the world seems to contract around the only two things that are immediately important… Nisfeollyn and escape. He tries to lunge through the thick, suffocating, burning goo to grab the elven academian and burst towards the northern wall.

I’m not exactly sure what types of rolls are appropriate. Pinned would indicate that he can do nothing but try to escape, but Bladud would prefer to try to use this round to try to push Nisfeollyn out if that’s possible. CMB attempt? Strength check? If that’s simply not possible, I guess he’ll instead to free himself of the pinned condition so he can try to free Nis next round.

some rolls, to be used as appropriate to my intent:
Raging CMB = +8
Raging Strength modifier = +5
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 17

Status:
HP 24/33
AC 10 T 4 FF 10
CMD 19 FF 16
F +8 R +6 W +4
—> +4 vs. Endurnance-related checks
.
Effects/Conditions Raging, Pinned, holding breath (33 rds remaining)
Current ACP: -2 (shield stowed)


Loot Tracker Current Map

You break the Pin with your Standard action. You still have a move action. Would you like to grab Nisfeollyn, or get out of the ooze?


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Grab Nis first.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Bladud swims awkwardly through the strange creature's body, risking paralysis and further acid to save the elf.

The ooze itself surged forward, trying to engulf the last two members of the group.

Cad, Dvalin, please make DC 12 Reflex saves. Dvalin, because you have nowhere to go but down or across the pit, you will need to either jump down the pit on purpose, or take a -4 penalty on your save. Your choice.

Round 6!

Bladud Fort Save, DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Just as Bladud wraps his arms around Nisfeollyn, his muscles stop responding.

Bladud, Rounds Paralyzed: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) = 13

Nisfeollyn, Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Bladud, Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

DC 12 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 4 = 4

The flaming invisible cube surges toward Dvalin, but he can't get out of the way. Fortunately, it keeps burning.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Dvalin Fort Save DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Rounds Paralyzed: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5
Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn knew he probably had less than a minute to live. And there was nothing he could do about it. 6/15 hp


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

I find it strange how we are currently positioned on the map. I was in the lower left corner. With the specific reason that the ooze would have to choose and was only going to be able to take one of us with his his engulf on round 5. I was also well aware that if it had chosen me I would have no place to go and would've fought it. But at least we would've gotten a few more attacks in (one from me taking an AoO & Dvalin from it moving to me. Because if I was where I am now in round 5 I could've easily 5 ft stepped into the corridor and not have a chance to get caught in the ooze now.


Loot Tracker Current Map

You made your saving throw last round when it moved ten feet forward and tried to engulf you and Bladud. The monster description indicates that you are moved to the closest safe square when you dodge an Engulf. I moved you from the corner to your current position. Now, on this round it is moving again forcing you to make another dodge. If you make it you will be displaced into the hallway.

Does that clear things up?


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Yup, clears things up. But if I had known that I was standing near the hall way, I would've taken a 5-ft step after my combat action, such as to not get engulfed. But I'll roll with it :)
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Round 6
Now the only combatant left, Cadeyrn tried to make every hit count, while slowly stepping backward into the hallway.
Greataxe PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage if hit: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
also takes a 5-ft step backwards after attacking the ooze, in the hopes it's not fast enough to follow him in the corridor, due to its size.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Umm. Dvalin would probably have moved differently too if the pushing game mechanic of the ooze was clear. Cheers.


Loot Tracker Current Map

If you make your save you move out of the path of the creature. How else would it work?

Cadeyrn's gash with the axe finally makes the cube collapse, it's membrane too damaged to maintain it's own structural integrity. It pops and releases acidic slime in a wave that covers the majority of the floor, burning up quickly in flares of green and blue. The fumes sting the eyes fiercely.

Cad watches in horror as his friends quickly catch fire.

No damage yet. It will happen at the top of the round if you guys are still burning. No more suffocation or acid damage though. Bladud, you still have an action this turn.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
If you make your save you move out of the path of the creature. How else would it work?

I don't know. My character has never faced a Cube. And his player has never faced a Pathfinder Cube. I rely on what is described by you to avoid meta-gaming. Cheers


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

So Bladud is no longer paralyzed?

351 to 400 of 752 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.