Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


701 to 750 of 752 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 4

Seeing the spider scuttle away, Dvalin hustles back out.

Double move to C34.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

I'll stay with Torgan, the dwarf says, wheezing heavily. The poison from the fungus is still affecting him and that last blow from the spider was a doozy.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud lets his adrenaline lapse as the creature retreats. ”Hold this’room,” he pants between gasped breaths. ”Ah’ll go’check the’main landin’room with Dvalin.”

He pauses to check on Lyla, his black eyes quickly searching her for obvious injuries, then gives her a wink and weak grin. Then, he hustles back across the room, looking weakened, exhausted, and held up-right mostly through highlander stubbornness. ”Don’t git overextended,” he grunts over his shoulder as he tries to vault over the raised ground. ”And keep tha’foreman alive.”

Drop rage. Attempting a double-move back out the door…
Acro: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18; good deal.
… ending in C.33.

Status:
HP 10/21
AC 19 T 12 FF 17
CMD 16 FF 14
F +4 R +5 W +2
—> +4 vs. Endurance-related checks
.
Effects/Conditions Fatigued (rd 1 of 4), 5 Str damage, 3 con damage
Current ACP: -4 (shield worn)

I vote we leave well enough alone and play defensive here. As much as I'd love to down that spider, its' a pretty big gamble given how over-extended on resources we are currently (and considering we don't really know what to expect from the spider at this point).


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 4 RETCON

Seeing the foreman trapped, Dvalin heads toward him burning webbing away as he goes.

Dvalin is pretty spent. However, he has heal and Spark, so he can get the foreman loose and treat potential poison.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Thank you, Nar, for your service. I don't think you could help much now. Rest. I will call on you again in the morrow
Standard action to dismiss Eidolon

Linguisics(Ignan): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17:

Ignan:
"Attack. Spider. Up."


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative/Action Tracker:

Round 4!

Group A
Nisfeollyn: Cast Acid Orb (caused mudslide)
Hal: Withdrew
Cad: Healed Torgan

Spider: Withdrew into tunnel

Group B
Dvalin: Burns webs
Lyla:
Torgan: Moved into Mephit room
Dorian: dismisses Nar, directs elemental
Bladud: moves

NPCs

Executive Decision. Lyla has not acted yet this round. I am going to Refocus her to Group A and move on to round 5.


The Foreman was spent. He lay on the ground trying to catch his breath. His green-grey skin was ashen and his eyes were extremely bloodshot. He managed to roll over and prop himself up against the pile of raised ground and started trying to cut away the webs still wrapped around his legs.

"Go... I'll be alright… Get that... damn thing."


Fala's scream rang through the catacombs.

"F!~@! Oh hell! It's in here! IT"S IN HERE!"


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative:

Round 5!

Group A
Nisfeollyn:
Hal:
Cad:
Lyla:

Spider:

Group B
Dvalin:
Torgan:
Dorian:
Bladud:

NPCs

Group A is up.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Damn! What now? - That thing gets around! What do you say Torgan? Stay here?

He also fumbles in his pack for a potion of healing and drinks it.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

"I'm coming with you Bladud", Cadeyrn said while deftly maneuvering around the rise and running out the cave and up the hill.
He started shouting, hoping Fala and the workers at the landing room would hear him. "Use whatever you have and try to get a fire going! The thing is hurt and will most likely not want to get near you then!"

__________________________________________________________
Double move to C27
Iron Weapon(Lucerne Hammer) Round 6 of 30
Lead Blades Round 5 of 30


Loot Tracker Current Map

Nis and Lyla, you are up.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn hears Fala and hurries from the cave. Along the way he picks up the torch he left on the ground. Once out of the cave he can feel Wuntholor observing him from the sky. He knows his appearance must be amusing: a nearly naked elf carrying two torches running to confront a giant spider.

”I’m right behind you Caderyn. With torches,” he pants.

Move to C29


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

Sword drawn, Lyla joins Nisfeollyn as he dashes towards the calls. As dire as the situation is she can barely suppress the urge to giggle at the elf's current state.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative:

Round 5!

Group A
Nisfeollyn: Moves
Hal: Draws and drinks potion
Cad: Moves
Lyla: Moves

Spider: ??

Group B
Dvalin:
Torgan:
Dorian:
Bladud:

NPCs

Group B, your turn.


Fala's frantic yells could be heard from the half-finished staging room that had once been part of the spider's den.

"Ohf~~#! It'sonthelift! It's on the lift!"


Roll20 | Trello

Hal stands next to Torgan, crossbow ready.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud continues huffing and puffing his way up the hill, fatigue weighing his feet down on the already-uphill run.

Fatigued means I can't run, so double move it is. Each square costs double moving up to the lift-hole, right?

Status:
HP 10/21
AC 19 T 12 FF 17
CMD 16 FF 14
F +4 R +5 W +2
—> +4 vs. Endurance-related checks
.
Effects/Conditions Fatigued (rd 2 of 4), 5 Str damage, 3 con damage
Current ACP: -4 (shield worn)


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

"I am staying here, guarding the exit, I do not feel like meeting the spider while climbing. Lets see how this develops. I am out of healing spells, so I have to be careful now."

Torgan stands ready with his axe.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 5

Dvalin continues to work on Bal's bonds ignoring his protests.

Dvalin is pretty spent. However, he has heal and Spark, so he can get the foreman loose and treat potential poison.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Did Dorian make himself clear enough for the fire elemental last round? I am currently going on the assumption he did and it took chase

Dorian spends his last shreds of arcane strength to breach the planar divide and summon forth the essence of stone.

Not wanting to send it in without protection, Dorian pauses a moment t regain his concentration.

standard action summon monster 2: earth ele. Do nothing else to cast mage armor next round and send it to chase


Roll20 | Trello
Torgan Axebearer wrote:

"I am staying here, guarding the exit, I do not feel like meeting the spider while climbing. Lets see how this develops. I am out of healing spells, so I have to be careful now."

Torgan stands ready with his axe.

Very well then - together we stand. How are you holding up? Do you need a potion or something?


Bladud, that is correct. Dorian, yes the fire elemental is gone.

Dvalin cuts the webs free and helps Bal to his feet. The savage looking foreman's skin looks drawn, ashen and pale. He stands unsteady and starts trying to move outside, leaning heavily on the wall and the dwarf.

"Thanks. Now go. I can handle walking out the door."

Initiative/Actions:

Round 5!

Group A
Nisfeollyn: Moves
Hal: Draws and drinks potion
Cad: Moves
Lyla: Moves

Spider: ??

Group B
Dvalin: helps Bal
Torgan: readies action in case spider comes back
Dorian: summons earth elemental
Bladud: runs up hill

NPCs

Group A, your turn.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Round 6!


Jonas stood at the top of the hill looking down into the lift hole and fretting. He was completely unprepared for this. His spells were nearly all geared at helping discover information, not fight off terrible monsters.

He and the Quartermaster cranked the lift mechanism as fast as they could.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn went up the hill as fast as he could muster.

_______________________________________________
I don't know how the hill goes over the map and when we can get to the lift. But I can double move 80 ft & run 160 ft, either of these should get me there I think. :) Don't really know where I would end up, so you can place me if you want.

Iron Weapon(Lucerne Hammer) Round 7 of 30
Lead Blades Round 6 of 30


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Round 6

Nisfeollyn continues running with the torches. He scowls at the sky when he thinks he hears a laugh-like caw from Wuntholor.

Much the same as Caderyn, I should be able to get to the top of the lift this round.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative/Action Tracker:

Round 6!

Group A
Nisfeollyn: Moves, arrives near lift.
Hal:
Cad: Moves, arrives near lift
Lyla:

Spider: ??

Group B
Dvalin:
Torgan:
Dorian:
Bladud:

Nis, Cad, you both arrive above the lift. Please place yourselves where you like near the square lined in green. I will make the necessary adjustments to note that you are above the NPCs on the map. You can now see down into the hole.

Nisfeollyn and Cadeyrn rushed up the hill, their overworked muscles starting to flag. They rushed onto the wooden platforms that had been built over the collapse and looked down the hole where the lift had been constructed.

The spider filled their view.

It was swinging gently, on the lift, reaching out with a couple spindly legs to anchor itself to the walls of the cavern as well. It reared up as it's numerous eyes caught the motion above it. It's mandibles flared wide and it keened a sort of clicking, hiss to ward off any who approached.

They could not see Fala beneath the creature's bulk, but they could hear her continuing to scream.


"I can't jump! It has me pinned! F~&+! Help!"


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

More vermin immune to my sleep spell, Nisfeollyn thinks as he meets the multiple eyes of the giant spider. The elf moves one torch to his other hand, his dexterous fingers straining to keep both held. Not at all concerned with the failure his last use of magic produced, he chants words of arcane power and shoots an orb of acid from his free hand.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Roll20 | Trello

Hal grips the stock of his crossbow and waits.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Where we last left our intrepid heroes…

Below ground, a few battered members of the second exploration group waited in case the spider came their way.

Above ground, the rest huffed and ran up the steep hill hoping to arrive before the enormous spider killed any of their crew.

They were ragged. The ruins of Lord Greywulf's manor had been full of trials and dangers. Each had taken it's toll. It was hard to believe that they had only been there for one day.

The glob of acid missed the spider by only inches, but it got the creature's attention. It sprayed a glob of thick webbing toward the elf and sunk it's fangs into Fala.

Ranged Touch, Web, Nisfeollyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Nisfeollyn's Reflex save, DC 16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Nisfeollyn managed to keep the sticky strands from gluing him in place, but he was still quite tangled.

Nisfeollyn is Entangled, but is not glued to the ground. This effect is identical to a Tanglefoot bag, except that it does not have the limited duration.

Attack, Fala: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12
Fala fort save, DC 18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Str damge: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Dex damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Fala's scream was cut off by the shock and pain she lost her grip on the platform and fell. She was tangled int he spider's webbing so she ended up dangling by a strand upside down swinging haphazardly back and forth.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Group B it is your turn.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud continues his fatigued, plodding rush up the hill, still unable to get into melee with the spider.

Double move (map position updated).

Status:
HP 10/21
AC 19 T 12 FF 17
CMD 16 FF 14
F +4 R +5 W +2
—> +4 vs. Endurance-related checks
.
Effects/Conditions Fatigued (rd 3 of 4), 5 Str damage, 3 con damage
Current ACP: -4 (shield worn)

Doomed Hero: Can Bladud attack from where he is now on the map (assuming his longspear)? Or do I need another move action to close into reach range?


Loot Tracker Current Map

You are now in range.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 6

After Bal's bonds are broken and Bal is on his feet limping, Dvalin hustles toward his companions. He sees Nisfeollyn entangled in webbing, so he ignites the webbing with the snap of his fingers. A little singed, but he'll be able to act.

move to C35
cast Spark on webbing


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
You are now in range.

You mean after that double move, correct? (I don't want to miss a chance to attack, if it's available.)


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Torgan guarded the exit, not knowing a battle is taking place elsewhere.


Roll20 | Trello

With his trusty albeit weakened dwarvish companion.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

If I got it right, that means we're now back to the top of initiative and in round 7. Can I hit the spider from where I am currently standing (I have reach)


Loot Tracker Current Map
Bladud wrote:
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
You are now in range.
You mean after that double move, correct? (I don't want to miss a chance to attack, if it's available.)

Correct.


Loot Tracker Current Map
Cadeyrn Griogal wrote:
ICan I hit the spider from where I am currently standing (I have reach)

Yes. The platform is 15 feet down, and it is a large creature. it is just within reach of a Reach weapon.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative/Action Tracker:

Round 6!
Group A
Nisfeollyn: Moves, arrives near lift.
Hal: Waits with crossbow
Cad: Moves, arrives near lift
Lyla:

Spider: ??

Group B
Dvalin: burns webs
Torgan: guards down below
Dorian:
Bladud:

Round 7!
Group A
Nisfeollyn:
Hal:
Cad: Attacks spider
Lyla:

The webs wrapped around Nisfeollyn went up like tinder, scorching his exposed skin.

Fire Damage, Nisfeollyn: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Dorian, Bladud, and anyone in group A who wants to take their turn, go ahead.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn tried to swing at the spider from his current position.

Attack with lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage if hit: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 6 = 12

Iron Weapon(Lucerne Hammer) Round 8 of 30
Lead Blades Round 7 of 30


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

Lyla joins the others in approaching the lift.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Can I get some feedback on the Fire Elemental's actions? Even if Dorian is too far away to see, someone else probably does. Or we can maybe hear the Spider's reactions to it

Dorian weaves together a protective force around the little earth elemental and instructs it to find and fight the Spider. Speaking in it's own tongue and adding some finer instructions to the path of the Arachnid.
Earth ele has AC 21 due to mage armor.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

As the webs entangling him burn away in a flash of flame, Nisfeollyn screams out in shock and surprise. He looks around to see who rescued him from the webs and salutes Dvalin with the torches, calling out, ”Thank you!”

He turns his attention to the spider once more and sneds an acid orb flying towards it.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d3 ⇒ 2

I’m sorry for if I’ve delayed the game too. I don’t know where Nis should be on the map. I thought he was near the lift.


Roll20 | Trello

The dwarf watches for the spider and listens for the screaming


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

.

701 to 750 of 752 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.