Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


601 to 650 of 752 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Loot Tracker Current Map

Dorian, yes. Your little buddy is still there.

Bladud, I'll give you a 10 foot move bonus for sliding part way down the hill. Place yourself.

Lyla, Dvalin, Dorian, take your actions.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Cool. position updated. :)


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Dorian moves towards his grimy summoned warrior and speaks a few eldritch words of protection whilst holding a piece of cured leather to the creature. The leather-piece disintergrates. It's dustmotes spreading along the elemental's form, outlying a protective force before blowing away.

Terran:
"A spider has been found, a large 8-legged insectoid creature. Find it and kill it. Thank you."

Move and cast mage armor on ele (now 20AC before cover)(how do you want to determine it's current HP? seeing cover prevented earlier hits)
The Muddy Elemental sinks into the ground and moves towards the spiderDon't know how webby/obstructive everything is, so haven't actually moved him. Feel free to do so
Nar moves in as Dorian does, intent only on keeping his master safe.


Loot Tracker Current Map

I'll have time to figure out it's HP sometime in the next day or two.

Botting Lyla and Dvalin for now.

Hal pushes into the webbing, trying to get through.

Hal Reflex to avoid getting caught: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

But the webs cling and trap him in place! Hal is Grappled by the webs!

Lyla steps past Travigan, following Hal in.

Lyla Reflex to avoid getting caught: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

She steps around the worst of the ebbing, not letting it get a hold of her clothing.

The green area is webbing. It is identical in effect to a DC 17 Web spell with the following change- Violent movement will cause a new save to avoid getting stuck (falling down, being bull rushed, etc.)

Keep in mind that webs are Difficult Terrain, and provide Cover. No one can see more than 20 feet through the webs.


Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Bal scrambles back again, but a thick mass of webbing fires out, slapping into his chest.

His eyes go wide, and then in a heartbeat he is dragged screaming into the dark.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Round 1

Group A, go!


Loot Tracker Current Map

Hal's dwarf eyes could make out some the irregular web-filled cavern in front of him. It looked like a high-ceilinged cave formed by the cave in, not part of the purposefully carved out structure they'd been in so far. The ground was extremely varied, rising up more than ten feet in some areas.

Old cocoons filled with the husks of creatures littered the place. In the distance to the north, he could just make out a fresher one that looked distinctly humanoid.

As group 2 enters, assuming they have dark vision or a light source, they will see the same thing as Hal.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Why are you botting Dvalin? Is it my turn? Who is Hal? It better not be Dvalin. Cheers


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Initiative tracker reposted for clarity. Not certain but I think you just got moved or something in round 0 from what I could tell on the map. So technically you still have your round 0 actions. And Dvalin, Hal is the dwarf from the other group.
Initiative
Group A
Nisfeollyn
Hal
Cad

Spider!

Group B
Dvalin
Lyla
Torgan
Dorian
Bladud
NPCs

Round 1
Cadeyrn cast a spell on his Lucerne hammer and moved towards the cave entrance, positioning himself in front of Nisfeollyn, in case the spider would try to get him as well. Upon seeing all the webbing Cadeyrn shouted "Loads of webbing here, so be careful! If we got some fire we could maybe try and clear some of it!"
Iron Weapon(Lucerne Hammer) Round 2 of 30
Lead Blades Round 1 of 30


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn looked on helplessly as Bal disappeared into the dark web strewn hole. ”You have the right idea, Caderyn. Torches! We need torches!” the elf called to any of the workers in the area to bring torches.

”And buckets of water too.” This will get smokey and dirty, he thinks.

Does Nisefollyn know if the cantrip spark can help start to burn away the webs? If so he’ll do that. If he doesn’t know how effective it’d be, he readies an action to fire his short bow at the spider if it appears again.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

The dwarf attempts a strength check to get free.

Str + 0 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Having gotten free he is careful to stay still and extends his crossbow, ready to fire.


Loot Tracker Current Map

GM rolls:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The webs moved, but were too thick to see through.


Bal struggled and grunted, finding his breath again, calling out from somewhere in the mass of webbing.

"F!+~! Help! AaaAAAAAGHH!!! Ow, f#&*! Someone get this thing off of me!"


Loot Tracker Current Map

Dorian, your elemental has moved to try to engage, but was caught in the webbing. Dorian does not know this, but I wanted to make sure you had an idea of what was going on with your minion. It acts on your initiative, so if you'd like to roll me a Strength or Escape Artist check I can fill in the rest.

The workers scrambled, looking for torches or lanterns.


Most of the torches are down here! Fala said over the ear cuff. This damn lift is too damn slow! I'll try to toss some up out the top! Tell the guys to head to the top of the hill and catch some!

Nisfeollyn, the Spark cantrip will light things that are made to burn, essentially removing the Survival check necessary to start fires. It is not powerful enough to catch the webs, but it could definitely catch a torch or lantern, which could then be used to catch the webs.


Noros and I are on our way! Jonas called over the ear cuff.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Group B, you're up!


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Get up here team!

The dwarf moves through the webs 20 feet. Trying to be careful.

Ref 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Torgan moved carefully into the room, his axe ready.

CM check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Not seeing the spider, Torgan continued to move forward.

CM check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

I'm such a fool, I ask for fire, but forget to mention that I got a bunch of torches in my backpack, Cadeyrn thought when he heard Nisfeollyn shouting for torches.
"I've got some torches in my backpack! The rest of you go to the pit, there's extra torches coming up", he said to the workers. "When I'm not to busy fighting, I can summon forth water with my powers if someone is in immediate danger of burning."

Can I talk outside my turn, otherwise he'll be saying this as soon as he can in the next round ;)


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud pulls an empty sack out of his pack as he closes on the door, tying it onto the end of his longspear. "Cad! Nis! Can one'a'you get this'thing lit?!"

Drawing out the sack and tying it onto the end of a longspear are both likely standard actions, but Bladud's not going in there without a torch of some kind to burn away the webbing. So this could be Bladud's actions of this round and next, i guess.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin lights Bladud's longspear with Sparkand stays out of the den.

I'm at a conference out of the country until late Sunday. Will post well on Monday. cheers


Loot Tracker Current Map

Looks like we are waiting on Dorian and Lyla in group B

Yes, talking is a free action, within reason. Keep in mind a round is roughly 6 seconds. No dissertations. :)

Bladud affixed a torch to his spear. It might not stay there through an actual fight, but for clearing webbing it should do fine. With a snap of his fingers Dvalin set the torch alight.

Both sides can now hear each other. Hal and Cad have both spoken and made each team aware of each other's presence. Feel free to yell at each other.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Initiative List:

Group A
Nisfeollyn
Hal
Cad

Spider!

Group B
Dvalin
Lyla
Torgan
Dorian
Bladud
NPCs

GM rolls:

s: 1d20 ⇒ 11
b: 1d20 ⇒ 15
p: 1d20 ⇒ 10

elemental: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Poor little guy is still stuck in the webs.

Travagan finally saw it. Its size made his breath catch in his chest. Behind him, Hallvardr could just make out its shape through the webbing.

It rose up over the web-covered rise in front of him, scuttling backwards much faster than he expected dodging away as the very top of Bal's head bobbed into view for a moment and vanished. He was sputtering and yelling, but sounding weaker than he had moments ago.

One of its many eyes caught sight of Travigan and it turned to more easily watch its prey and this new intruder in its lair.

The thing was enormous. Its mandibles were long with four injector spines the size of short swords and a dozen grasping serrations to prevent prey from escaping. Shiny, spindly legs with thorny protrusions at ever joint connected to a bulbous body that was trailing a strand of wet looking webbing towards Bal. Its front legs were working, waving, wielding the web like a weapon. It was trying to bind the Foreman.


Jonas came charging up near Cad, out of breath. "What.. do you need?" he huffed.

He spent his full action moving. Next round he can help.


Behind him, the dwarven quartermaster was coming as well, his stumpy legs going as fast as they could. He had an arm load of… stuff, some of which was falling behind him as he ran. He cursed the whole way.

Noros will arrive next round.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Three unlit torches were thrown from the top of the hill, cast up by Fala and then passed on by one of the workers. They landed near Bladud.

Marked with a "*" on the map.

Group A, you are up. Bal actually managed to shove the spider off of him, so now it isn't ducked down behind the rise.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Hal tries to shake himself free.

CMB (minus strength mod due to poison) +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

"What do we need?" Cadeyrn said while walking to the closest torch and picking it up. "Fire to clear out the webs and water if someone gets caught in the flames. I can provide the water, if really necessary, but I think my powers are better used on that spider."
He remembered what Jonas had done earlier that day and turned back to him "Can you do that fire trick again you did earlier today? Or do you need a big wooden plank for that?"


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn called out to Wuntholor to circle above the the area. Seeing one of the torches thrown from the top of the hill, Nisfeollyn hurried to one and used a spark from his finger tips to ignite it’s head.

Move to c30 and pick up a torch.


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

"Cadeyrn, you can focus on the spider. I can create water if we need to control the flames." Lyla says quietly.


"Ah, unfortunately I only prepared that particular spell once today. I am a diviner, not an evoker." Jonas said, his face a mask of concern.

"Noros!" he called over his shoulder. "Do you still have that potion of dragon's breath?"


"Ja!" Noros said huffing. "Got it here somewhere!"


"Give it to them! Put it on the expense list, my authorization!"


Loot Tracker Current Map

Inside the lair, Hal struggled against the webs but could not free himself.

The spider continued to wind the struggling Foreman in webbing.

Group B, you're up.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

"Alright everyone. Heads up! I will be summoning forth a fire elemental to burn the webbing. However, I do not speak Ignan beyond a couple of words and phrases. And I am pretty sure I don't quite have the inflection right. However, the ritual of summoning does create a certain...emphatic link that helps alleviate misunderstandings."

Dorian draws forth most of what remains of the power that allows him to control the planar boundaries and summons a small fire elemenal from a portal. And in doing so returns the mudman's spirit to it's home. It's mucky shell falling to the floor, still held by the thick strands of webbing.

Addressing the flying mote of incendiary ectoplasma Dorian tries to use what Ignan he can scrounge up.
Linguistics 28:
Hello friend, we are having a Spider problem. Would you be so kind as to remove the Webbing in our path that way? Thank you. , Pointing beyond the secret passage.

Nar stands firm, keen on protecting Dorian from surprise.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

The dwarf panics... not wanting to be burned.

He tries desperately again to free himself.

CMB 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Round 2, Group B

Dvalin hustles behind Bladud wondering how he can be useful having spent most of his resources on the f-ing ogre.

double move to C33


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

CM check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Torgan tried to move but got stuck in the webbing.

CM check to break free: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Fortunately he was able to break free.

"Bloody webbing! Where is that spider anyway?"


Loot Tracker Current Map

Bladud previously posted that he was waiting for some kind of fire, so now we're just waiting on Lyla.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

I guess she might be waiting for people to get burned by the little fire elemental ;)


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Dvalin used Spark to light Bladud's longspear upthread (here). I'll go ahead and post to keep things moving. If it's invalidated for some reason, that's fine.

Bladud moves into the dark cave-like room, using his impromptu torch to burn webs as he goes. He moves with a readiness to strike at the spider if it comes within range.

"Wouldn'a mind some'help in here, folks!"

Move forward in the map. I've updated his position. If at any point Bladud is knowingly within striking range of the spider, he'll rage and make the attempt.

Longspear attack:
rage + attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Seeing as Lyla has readied to rain water upon burning people, I suppose this means we're back to the top of initiative? In that case :
"Nis, can you light this one up as well?" Cadeyrn said holding up his torch.

Will do the rest of my turn after Nisfeollyn as I would like to have a lit torch before I go in ;)


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Fire? Oh this is going to hurt, moans the dwarf.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Nicely done Bladud!

Bladud moved in, stepping just barely into the webbing and thrust upward toward the massive spider above him. He caught it in the leg, bunching through chitin with a heavy thrust. The spider recoiled with a surprisingly human sounding screech and whirled on him, slamming it's long leg down like the spear that just struck it.

Attack on Bladud: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 1) + 7 = 16

That looks like a hit unless there is something adding to Bladud's AC I'm not seeing. Bladud, I'll let you describe how it hits you. That's a nasty wound.

Spider points spent: 1


Outside the spider's lair, Quartermaster Noros came huffing up, dropping kneeling and dropping a bunch of small tubes, trinkets and charms on the ground.

"Gotta.. come up with… better way.. a carryon' this crap."

He rifled through it, coming up with a metal vial. He tossed it to the closest of the Surveyors. First one who is outside to claim a Potion of Firebreathing gets it.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Wow that spider does a lot of damage .... Did Bladud clear the square he was in of webbing? I'm just wondering if would be able to strike the spider from the spot behind bladud without having to worry about concealment and such.
Not certain if Dvalin agreed with it or not, but he could take the elixir to make blasts from a distance against the spider.


Loot Tracker Current Map

There is still webbing in Bladud's square. When he tries to move from that square he'll have checks to make unless someone burns the webbing away.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Thats definitely a hit. My goal was to clear the webbing as Bladud moved forward. That was the whole point of the fire on the spear.

601 to 650 of 752 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.