Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


301 to 350 of 752 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Yah, i just now realized Bladud only has 4 gold on him, though you guys are welcome to it if it'll help us pick up another Cure potion. I guess I'll worry about purchasing more gear as we find more loot.

Bladud continues to search at the door, ready to move northward once he's satisfied the door is not trapped. The rolls are in a spoiler above.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Another stuck door. The damage to the structure definitely seemed to have done a number on the door frames down here.

Bashing through?


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

So with the money we have (my 36 GP & Nisfeollyn's 19 GP), we can buy one of the CLW potions. I'll mark it on the loot sheet. Who is going to take it with him, Bladud? And my vote is for bashing through. These doors don't seem to hold any historical or structural value ;)

After Cadeyrn bought the potion from the quartermaster, he gave it to Bladud. "Keep it handy. You never know when we meet another giant scorpion or something worse."


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin slings his warhammer and gets the sledgehammer and uses it on the door.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
bonus for sledge?


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud gives an additional kick, helping Dvalin's efforts.

Strength (AA to Dvalin): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)
Cadeyrn Griogal wrote:
After Cadeyrn bought the potion from the quartermaster, he gave it to Bladud. "Keep it handy. You never know when we meet another giant scorpion or something worse."

Bladud takes a break from working on the door with Dvalin to look down at the potion offered by Cadeyrn. "Thanks. I have a few of 'em already, though." He nods to the elf as he returns to his work, "Might be smart ta'let Nisfeollyn carry that'un. Spread'em around to those of us who can't knit skin with a bit'a finger-wagglin'."


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn gave a start with Bladud’s suggestion that he take the potion. Wuntholor cawed in annoyance at the sudden movement. ”Oh, that is quite kind of you Bladud. I do not think I will need it though. I am not nearly as dangerous as the rest of you. My chances of being attacked are fairly small. However I will hold it, for the moment, as a reserve if you will, for when someone needs it.”


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud laughs, "Thaht's exactly why you should carry the damn thing! If I should get in'a bind and these two knuckleheads are can't get to me... I sure as hell want you able ta'help me out."

He pats the two on his bandolier, "I've got two fer the just the same situation."


Loot Tracker Current Map

They talked while they pounded on the door. It was being stubborn.

Not quite. Even with the +4 from the sledge and the Aid, you're still just a bit short.

Go ahead and try again.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin hands the the sledge to Bladud, "Here, you give it a whack."

aid strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn chuckled after Bladud’s reply. ”Ahhhh,” the elf nodded, ”now I understand. I am not quite the mind reader you think I am,” yet, he added to himself. "You should tell me such plans upfront to avoid any unpleasantness."


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn was looking at Bladud and Dvalin whacking at the door.
"Let me give it a try", he said while he took the offered sledgehammer and swung at the door not unlike how he was walloping the scorpion not to long ago.
_____________________________
Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
didn't count the AA & sledgehammer bonus because I wasn't certain how much they added


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud continues to try to help with the door, putting his crowbar to good use on the hinges.

Aid Another, DC 10
Strength + crowbar: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

... but mostly just getting in the way.


Loot Tracker Current Map

The crowbar wasn't finding purchase, so Cadeyrn resorted to more basic technique and slammed the sledge into the door right next to the handle. Wood splintered and a good nudge with his shoulder opened it right up.

Bladud moved in and stuck his head around the corner where the hall turned right. The corridor smelled like animal urine and mold.

Bladud, or anyone else who enters the hall and looks around the corner: Perception DC 20:

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
At the far end of the hall, just before it turns to the left, is a dark shape, about the size of a small dog, hiding in the corner.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin twirls his warhammer and waits for Bladud. "What do you see, Bladud?"


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

While, Bladud and Caderyn did their best to breach the door, Nisfeollyn angled the light from the glowing feather away from the door so that once it was opened Bladud wasn’t a silhouette, easily targeted by a scorpion or mephit. While waiting, he polished Wuntholor’s beak.

Once the door was opened, he put his hand on his longsword and Wuntholor hopped onto his left shoulder. The elf waited for either the all clear, run-away, or help-I’m-being-attacked signal.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn gave the sledgehammer back to Dvalin. "That seems to have done the trick."

He drew his greataxe again, so that he was ready in case of trouble.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin leans the sledgehammer next to the door.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Sorry for the delay… work+sick family.

Bladud gives the corridor a few sniffs, eyes squinting to the east before he mutters back to the crew, his voice pitched low. ”It reeks of animal piss and mold. And there’s something there… hidin’in tha’corner, about the size of a small dog.” He briefly describes what he sees to the group.

Would a visual description be enough to give any teammate with the appropriate skill ranks a chance at ID’ing it?

”Any’a you know what thaht sounds like?”


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

”Let me look,” Nisfeollyn said as he approached the door. ”Stay on my shoulder Wuntholor,” the elf said, peering around the corner and into the room.

perception with Wuntholor: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

"No, I can't say I know what that is from here."


Loot Tracker Current Map

The creature scurried away on all fours, disappearing from site around the far corner. It moved too quickly to get a good look at it, but it seemed furry, with a long narrow tail.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn came peeking around the corner. "It seems to have scurried off. Let's continue after it, but be prepared for a fight. Cornered creatures either cower or lash out", Cadeyrn said.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn shrugged, backing away from the door. He covered the glowing feather with his right hand. Yellow-white light slipped from underneath his palm and fingers. ”Hopefully it does not feel cornered. We should let Bladud look for traps first before rushing after that animal.”


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

"Looks very dangerous. You go first." Dvalin nudges Bladud forward with a quote from one of his favorite stories.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

"Well Nisfeollyn, we will find that out once we get through this corridor I suppose." Cadeyrn said while he waited for Bladud to give the all clear.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

"Right," Bladud grunts as he moves quietly down the corridor, senses straining for any signs of danger.... longspear in-hand.

Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

If he doesn't notice anything before he reaches the bend in the corridor, Bladud carefully sniffs the air before peeking around the corner.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

”Do not press onward until called,” Nisfeollyn softly said with a chuckle. ”I learned my lesson at Helvellyn, How could I forget it? Wuntholor reminds me of it very often.”

I have no idea what happened at Helvellyn but feel free to makes something up, if you want.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Already stalking down the hallway, Bladud stifles a chuckle and looks back at Nisfeollyn at the mention of Helvellyn. He's shaking his head mirthfully as he continues on his quiet inspection route.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Bladud turned the corner and saw a sturdy wooden door with a hole chewed in the lower corner large enough for a child to crawl through.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

"While we're waiting for Bladud, why don't you tell Dvalin the story. I think he'll find it utmost interesting. I would do it, but you're a much better storyteller then I am Nisfeollyn."


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

"Psssst" Bladud's noise gets Dvalin and Cadeyrn's attention, and he wordlessly beckons them forward while keeping an eye on the door.

When they arrive, he points to the door, whispering to the others. "Not to interrupt what is surely a fun retelling, but tha'little critter went through thaht'hole in tha'door. Still not sure what it is, but my guess is'a big'ass rat." He shrugs in the darkness to show it's probably a poor guess.

He sniffs the air as he considers.
Is there a scent he can associate with the critter?

"Be ready," he finishes as he sneaks to the door, watching for traps along the way. Leading with his nose, he gets to the door and lightly checks to see if it's trapped, locked, or stuck. Then he presses his ear to the door.

If there was a scent he could associate with the creature from when he was away from the door, does the scent change in any way (specifically in intensity)?

Rolls:
Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Perception (Ear to door): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

You guys update your positions on the map (assuming you came up when Bladud beckoned)


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

”I’ll tell my side of the Helvellyn tale later, when we’re out of the dungeon,” Nisfeollyn said noticing Bladud’s indication it was safe to move forward.

position updated :)


Loot Tracker Current Map

The sound on the other side of the door, and the smell definitely led Bladud to believe that his guess of 'big ass rat' was correct.

The latch was a little stiff, but not locked and apparently untapped.

Scent doesn't specify that you can tell distance, just the approximate time since the thing that left the scent was there. Also, the smell is really strong. This is clearly part of the creature's lair, so its hard to smell anything that isn't "big ass rat"

As Bladud put his ear to the door, a Big Ass Rat stuck his head out of the hole and lunged at him.

Pre Combat Rolls:

Rat Stealth: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 4 = 31

Nisfeollyn, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Cad, Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dvalin, Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Bladud, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Rat Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Nisfeollyn, initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cad, initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Dvalin, initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bladud, initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Initiative Order
Bladud
Rat
Cad
Nisfeolyn
Dvalin

Everyone is Surprised, so no one but the Rat gets to act in the Surprise round.

Surprise Round
Rat Bite vs. Bladud Flat Footed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Round 1
Bladud, you're up


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud stumbles back and grunts. Big-ass rat." He finds the closest available spot. Stinks something horrible, too. Maybe lots of'em."

Withdraw to first available slot in the hall.
Also, I'll be unavailable today. Take the reins and bot Bladud as needed.


Loot Tracker Current Map

The rat disappears again, ducking back through the hole in the door.

Everyone else, go ahead.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

”Perhaps more than one rat,” Nisfeollyn said. ”Wonderful.” He held his sword in a relaxed grip, glancing over his shoulder to make sure rats weren’t sneaking up behind them. The elf gently pinched his nostrils because of the smell.

”If there are more than one, I can attempt to put them to sleep.”


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

"We'll need to get through that door quickly. Can't have that rat nipping at us without being capable of getting back at it." With those words Cadeyrn stepped forward and slashed at the door with his greataxe trying to make an opening for them to get through.
__________________________
5-foot step forward and he will attack the door while using power attack, combat expertise and fighting defensively. So current AC is 21. Did a quick search and apparently you can stack all of these things in one attack ofcourse adding up the penalties (have furious focus, so no penalty on first power attack each turn).
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 - 1 = 16
Damage if hit: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Disregard the line about putting the rats to sleep. It’s been pointed out to me that sleep wouldn’t affect the rats. Definitely a case where I’m not as knowledgable as Nisfeollyn.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

"C'mon. You can hit the door harder than that. I 'eard it say sum'thin bout your mutha." Dvalin encourages Cadeyrn.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Oh, we'll put 'em to sleep, alright ... *bounces greatsword in hands menacingly*

"If tha'smell is any indication, there could be'a whole nest in'there.. don't let'em swarm'ye, Cadeyrn."


Loot Tracker Current Map
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
The latch was a little stiff, but not locked and apparently untrapped.

Bladud didn't actually say the door was unlocked, but I did mention it…

Nisfeolyn's axe scores a gash in the wood, but the door held firm.

Round 1

No rat came through to attack this time.

Bladud didn't actually act, but he did post. Everyone may take another turn (including Bladud if he wants). The rat isn't attacking this turn.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

Dvalin encourages Cadeyrn.


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Sorry about that. I had wanted to toss up a post so you guys could continue since I knew I would be unavailable. I should have relayed that information.

"Oy... mate..." Bladud grunts as steps into the bend in the corridor, "the door's unlocked." Then he switches his longspear to his off-hand and draws a dagger, readying it to throw.

Ready to throw at the first opponent sighted.


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

"Don't matta. You 'eard what it said bout his mutha." Dvalin smiles at Cadeyrn.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Let's see if this goes easier. Cadeyrn opened the door readying his axe for the rat on the other side.
opens the door and readies an action to strike at the rat if it gets into melee if that is possible.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn shifted his weight from foot to foot in anticipation of what they would find behind the door. Wuntholor gave a tiny flap of his wings in a sign of annoyance at the elf.


Loot Tracker Current Map

Can I get a reminder of your light sources again. It only really matters for Nisfeollyn, but it's also important for some enemies.

The room before them was long, stretching out in front of them. Cad barely had time to look before his attention was taken up by the swarm of dog-sized rats crowding around the door.

Cad, Bladud, go ahead and take your readied actions. Once they're resolved I'll do the Rat's turns. No one but Cad can see the rest of the rats. Only the one in the doorway is visible. Nisfeollyn, you can't see any of them at the moment.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

Cadeyrn swung at the creature.

attack & possible damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Loot Tracker Current Map

Cad's axe messily ended the oversized rodent.

301 to 350 of 752 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.