SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,084 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre attempts to act quickly and get a jump on their foes, but spends a bit too much time and attention checking that her gear is all situated as she likes, and she loses the advantage she was trying to gain.

Move: move through Card 1
Standard: exit card 1 with Initiative DC 16, 20' speed: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7

Nitre moves through Card 1 but can't exit the card

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Not a good start.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"And so I said to him: "Oh really? Well then, let me introduce you to... Uh..."

Full Round Action.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Iago looks around him, stunned. "Whats' going on?"

Whelp. Next time.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"There they are, up ahead!" Farzinel cries, moving quickly through his natural terrain.
Full Round
Initiative: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The desert elf takes off quickly, but then looses sight of their foes as they round he top of the hill.


GM Dice:
Stuff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Other Stuff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Fortunately for our group, though they don't know it yet, the opposition doesn't seem to have much better luck advancing.

Round 2, start!

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Frustrated at their slow start, Nitre concentrates just briefly on connecting with the power of the sage jewels that still infuses all the Pathfinders. She launches forward with ease, finding a clear path that leads her after their targets.

Standard: spend 1 mythic point to use Against the Odds to succeed at the Perception check on Card 1
Move: move through Card 2

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Did Farzinel not move off the first card last round?

The wizard, though frail, is determined to catch his opponents.

If he did, he attempts Acrobatics +3. If not, then it is an Initiative roll +14.

Acrobatics @ + or Initiative @ +14: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Success! Farzinel is on Steep Slope card (unless he failed to move last turn, then he is on High Ground card.


I neglected to read one part of the rules. So Farzinel DID move to Steep Slope last turn, which requires tiny retcon. He can see the foes. They are currently at the Quicksand Patch. As of her action, Nitre can also see the opposition.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Oh you mean that... HEY, WAIT FOR ME!!!!"

I believe I'm mire, so I'm going to unmire myself. And then contemplate the futility of existence.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

After finding the time to read the chase rules I realize that there would be some big bonuses to shift to bird form. So, it its ok, with you scorched one, after failing to move forward last round Stormy will shift to bird form. It seems flying gives +10 to obstacles. Also I guess her cat needs to make its own rolls to advance?

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Good point, Stormy. If Kadri flew ahead, he could perhaps keep an eye on them.


The winds impart a -4, so flying only gets +6

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Round 1
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 6 = 24

Round 2
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 6 = 28


Stormy, your action? You can shift to a bird form, but as mentioned only get +6 for flying due to strong winds.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Now in eagle form Stormy tries again to advance. This time she takes a full round action and uses Against the Odds to pass the initiative check.

Note the total will be +8 compared to Stormy's armor encumbered normal -2 due to 20' movement, but +6 on the die. A normal eagle is faster but Stormy's ability to shift is not that great yet and she is limited to 30" fly speed for now.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 6 = 19

I believe she succeeds at both checks.


Stormy has quite nearly caught up to the bad guys who are still trying to evade you! They try to move swiftly!

GM Dice:
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 18

Unfortunately they only get one square away, still in range of Farzinel's magic and potentially other actions as well. Everyone except Iago has made tremendous progress.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel casts silent image, making a point to exaggerate the mystic syllables and gestures, to make it appear as if a wall of fire has suddenly appeared within the crack ahead, blocking the villains path.
Will save DC 20.

He then attempts to make his way past the quicksand.
Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Noting the wizard had somehow managed to find his way past the sinking sand, the bat flies onward.

Survival, flying: 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 6 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

So at a rage of two squares can Stormy target the enemy with range spells? Also, I guess her cat needs to be making rolls as well?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago, confused, looks about to try and understand what is going on:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Oh. OH. THEY'RE THAT WAY???? S$*#, WAIT FOR MEEEEEEE!!!!"

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre tries to focus on getting a jump on their foes, scrambling up the steep slope and paying attention closely to her footing. She kicks and scrambles up the face, and is able to find a way around the narrow path and quicksand!

Full round: attempt both checks to move forward three squares

Climb DC 15, slow speed: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 = 20
Acrobatics DC 17, slow speed: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18

(@GM, I think three squares must include the square she's leaving, so I think this puts her on Quicksand. If she should instead be on Crack in the Mountain, please adjust accordingly; thanks!)


Male N Badger | HP: 15/15 (8 nl) | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

I've been forgetting about Biter!

Round 1
Move: through card
Standard: Initiative DC 16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Round 2
Move: through card
Standard: Climb DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Round 3
Move: through card
Standard: Reflex DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Init:
Stormy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Farz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Nitre: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Iago: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
K: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
N: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

You may arrange yourselves in that 3x3 square as you like.

You catch up to your quarry outside what appears to be your destination. Having caught them by surprise, you have, by definition, a surprise round. And Farzinel, you may place the image of your fire wall on the map if you so choose, though that will be your standard in this surprise round.


_____

Farzinel
K
N
Nitre
Stormy
Iago

_____

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre loads one of her +2 screaming bolts into her crossbow, and calls out a threat. "Halt! We've caught you now; you need to return what you've stolen!"

Actions:

Move: load crossbow with +2 screaming bolt

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

An apparent wall of flames blocks the foes' escape.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy calls lightning down from the skies to strike the enemy on the left. Note she is still in eagle form and in the air.

Call Lightning: 3d10 ⇒ (10, 9, 9) = 28

Mythic Call Lightning:

Each lightning bolt’s damage increases to 3d10 points of damage (or 5d10 points outdoors in stormy weather). Half of this damage is electricity damage, and the other half is sonic. Save DC 16 Reflex for half.

Creatures that succeed at their saving throws are dazzled and deafened for 1 round. Those that fail at their saving throws are dazzled and deafened for 1 minute.

Shade, Bite, flat footed AC?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago, catching up with the rest of the Pathfinder team, rushes up to the beardless one. "Greetings! Have you ever had a hunk of metal slammed against your head? Move in any way that isn't a surrender and you will find out!"


Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The gentleman on the left dodge bolts of lightning left and right but still gets fairly singed. He also gets bitten and it looks like he will be beaten... things aren't looking great for our heroic duo here.

_____

Farzinel
K
N
Nitre
Stormy
Iago

_____

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

As best as I can tell, no one has attacked the bearded man on the right.

Farzinel approaches the two men. Holding out his hand, he begins to gesture and mutter a few arcane words, before saying aloud, "Kafar, we do not wish harm to come to you. We should be friends, though I cannot say the same for the one with whom you have been traveling."

Mythic power to cast Charm person on bearded man on right. Wil save (DC 17).


Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Kafar sees the truth in Farzinel's word, even though his ally is being attacked. Nefti looks at Kafar and tries to convince him that these are not his friends, but the spell's hold on the alchemist's mind prevents that consideration.

Seeing that Kafar will negotiate, Nefti similarly tries to surrender.

_____

Farzinel
K
N
Nitre
Stormy
Iago

_____

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"Your wisdom shows, Kafar." remarks the mage to the bearded man as he senses his spell at work.

Turning briefly to the younger one, he adds, "And I trust we will have no further trouble from you?" He waves his fingers in an archaic gesture as a warning.

Turning once again to Kafar, Farzinel continues, "One would not brave the dangers of the Pillars of the Sun, unless heading to some place or, perhaps, to some one of great value. Do you seek the Sanctum of Sages? Maybe counsel with the Diamond Sage? Or is it, indeed, both that you seek, my friend?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy gives a sharp whistle and her cat ceases its attack but stands ready in case of treachery. Lightning continues to crackle around her as she tells the wounded Nefti to throw down his weapons.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre keeps her crossbow trained on Nefti, listening intently as Farzinel begins their negotiation. Biter joins her at her heels and begins sniffing around in the dirt.


Nefti does as instructed... there are certainly no weapons in his hands any longer. He looks around furtively, not liking the idea of being quite this grievously outnumbered.

Kafar on the other hand turns talkative, his speech accented. "We do seek the sanctum, though I do not know about this diamond sage you speak of. We have our own goals for doing so."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"And just between friends, what goals would those be?" Farzinel inquires further of the enchanted Kafar.


"Just between friends you can ask someone else, because I am not telling you." They're friendly, not pushovers.

"What do you want, besides to harass us when we have done nothing to you?" He asks.


Even at friendly, it's an unreasonable request, requiring either a further diplomacy check, or other action. So you may ask other questions, threaten/kill them, or proceed in another fashion.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"We did not mean to 'harass' you, noted one." Farzinel replies with a smile. "We intended only to catch up to you and gain your attention. I apologize if some of my comrades methods were a bit... aggressive."

"As for your intentions, I recognize that they are your own. We, too, seek the Sanctum of the Sages and were informed by a local woman that you and your companion have a map to the location. We wish only to head their ourselves and see what mysteries it may hold." he adds.

"Would you be willing to allow us to take a look at the map?"


"We can share with you the way. It is actually supposed to be... directly here behind us."

The group sees a wall. A sheer cliff face that rises quite a long distance, and certainly doesn't look like the entrance to any sanctum.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"What kind of funny business are you about, there? That's just a cliff face!" Nitre pauses, though, and her eyes begin scanning for details that all dwarves might recognize, especially in this kind of terrain.

Perception, favored terrain, stonecunning: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 33

So, I'm going to assume that Nitre sees something with that roll, unless they're just bluffing.

"Alright... so what you say might be true after all. We need to come to an agreement if we're going to proceed in there together. I sure don't want to explore under the earth with this crossbow trained on one of the two of you the whole time. Can we trust you?"

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Nitre's dwarven senses tingle, and gets the feeling that this cliff face only looks like a perfect representation of a cliff face. Some of the spots would have been smoothed where there are still ridges, and some of the cliff face is just too perfectly angular. Something is up. It could simply be the employment of stone shape or another several spells you could imagine.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy looks impatient and close to acting. You have surrendered. We expect more cooperation.


"He surrendered. I'm your nice friendly guy here, and I am cooperating. It is not my fault that you do not ask the right questions and that I may not have all the answers. We were to meet someone here, or rather there." He points at the extremely solid sheer cliff face behind himself.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"We have also been informed that you have come into the possession of a pair of gems, one emerald and one topaz." Farzinel tells Kafar. "If you have come here to sell the gems, then at the very least allow us to make an offer for them. Though, of course, we would need proof that they are indeed within your possession. Do you not agree, Iago?"
Here's hoping that our diplomatic soldier is still among us.

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

That does sound quite reasonable to me. Stormy says, perhaps glaring too hard at the man.

Diplo Assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


"We already sold the gems. This was about a different business venture," Kafar says. "I have papers documenting the sales as well, in my satchel."

If prompted he retrieves them slowly and displays them.

If you search the satchel you do indeed find those documents.

Within are two terms of sale and a letter of credit worth 6,000 gp, all three signed by some buyer named Angvar Branmaz.

Know: Local and Linguistics please.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel considers the papers.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Linguistics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

"Who, may I ask, is this 'Angvar Branmaz' and where can we find him?"


"Oh you know, Angvar, likes to hang out in bathubs, looks like a bad burn victim. Half orc bodyguards." Nefti supplies, and he seems to be honest about it.

Farzinel notes the letter of credit is genuine but the other two pieces are cheap forgeries.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"I know of a man that meets such a description, but, to my knowledge, his name is not 'Angvar'." Farzinel replies. "I suspect that it is a false name--a ruse--meant to deceive those with whom he deals so that he may--undoubtedly--swindle or betray them. Yes, it would seem that the name you were given is as false and deceptive as those documents that accompany the letter of credit that you were given."

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,084 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.