SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


1 to 50 of 1,098 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You find yourselves assembled in the gardens of Sandswept Hall, the pathfinder lodge in Sothis. Each of you was summoned here by Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir for a mission of some importance, though the details were sparse to be certain. Now you await your audience with the venture captain, unsure what to think of your gathered compatriots. Some appear better equipped than others, though all certainly appear capable.

I will start moving this forward Monday, but didn't want the six of you to start out strangers, nor take valuable game time up with intros.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Pulling back his hood, the dark-robed figure reveals a head of deep, black hair, tanned-skin, and ashen eyes. Through his mane show the tell-tail pointed ears that are characteristic of the desert elves of Osirian.

dot

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 9 | HP 75/75| AC 24 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +14,+3 for traps W: +9; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +7 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +15, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jeras, high blonde elf, stands leaned back on the tree and cleans the nails with one of his knives. So leaned back he listened to the words of others and watched their movements to study them.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

A large kelid tromps into the room. Dark eyes coldly survey those gathered. He seems to be contemplating some thought before giving a single nod. "You shall suffice." Adding nothing else, the bearded cleric fills a tankard with ale before sitting heavily next to Farzinel. He drains the vessel quickly, spilling much of it down the front of his armor. Then, with out pretext, he slams the clay mug onto the table, shattering it into countless pieces. "FOR THE ROUGH BEAST!!" he shouts as hand drips with blood. The cleric then sits waiting for the others to arrive.

Spending my only 2 Prestige on a Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farinzel looks over at Jeras and gives a traditional elven greeting.
"Ehtelë met.”

Elven:
”Well met.”

Sensing that perhaps, his distant kin may prefer to forego pleasantries, the desert elf turns his attention to the Kelid sitting beside him. Looking down at the pieces of shattered mug below.

”Please allow me.” the elf offers. He gestures with his hand and utters a terse recitation. [ooc] casting prestidigitation

The broken pieces of the mug begin to vibrate, then lift from the floor, rise gently upward, hover slightly above the table, and then drop onto the tabletop. ”A bit hard on the drinking vessels are we, my fellow?” says the elf with a smile. ”I also could not help but notice that a portion of your libation has found its way onto your attire.”

With a second gesture and verse, the remnants of ale on Thelm’s armor vanish. ”As for your hand…” Farzinel shrugs, ”I can but offer the old, familiar adage: ‘Cleric, heal thyself.’ “

The elf smiles to himself. "That reminds me," begins the mage as he rises to his feet, "I must make preparations as another of our party will be joining us shortly."

Farzinel takes a few steps towards the nearest window, opens it, and then stretches his hand outside into the hot, dry air heated by the Osirian sun.

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

A small, brown bat flies toward the newly-opened window before it alights on Farzinel's finger. Exhausted from its flight in the scorching heat, the small familiar is visibly relieved to be reunited with its master.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago stepped on into the blossoming desert garden, a dazed look on his face as he attempted to fight off the splitting headache that threatened to overwhelm him.

Let the gods be kind, Cayden be merciful and I swear I'll try not to be a judgemental a~~*!%& today.

The loud sound of the cleric smashing pottery both caught his attention and sent a lance of pain through his skull. Ok, now I know the gods have a perverted sense of humor.

"Hello everyone, and what a beautiful day this will be! I am so glad to be up this early to meet my fellow agents. You guys would not believe. Now, if we could not break the Ventre captain's clayware, both he and my eardrums would be so far in your debt we would ... Do stuff. For you. That matters to you. Eventually." He clears his throat awkwardly, searching about for a friendly face.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 9 | HP 75/75| AC 24 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +14,+3 for traps W: +9; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +7 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +15, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

Jares looks over at Farinzel: "En jij ook."

Elven:
"And you too!"

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Wow!" the smallish dwarf exclaims, walking in the door. "I've known so many Pathfinders who never get the assignments they want, and here I am in Osirion! How did I get so lucky!"

She looks around the garden, clearly in a great mood. "You must be the other Pathfinders? This will be my first mission; I'm so excited to join you all!"

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

As the mug is reassembled, the kelid's eyes grow wide with rage. He stares at Farzinel, glaring as if he is trying to sear him through and through. He rises, grabs the now desecrated mug and tosses it out the window. He keeps his eyes on the mage until he hears the impact on the street below. He then returns to his seat next to the elf and waits in silence. Upon the arrival of the newcomers, the incensed cleric manages a barely audible, "Hnnn....I am Theld."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12
Theld Miasma wrote:
As the mug is reassembled, the kelid's eyes grow wide with rage.

Unfortunately, I don't think prestidigitation is powerful enough to reassemble the mug. I imagined the spell as merely sweeping up the pieces and placing them back on the table. I assume Theld threw the desecrated pieces of mug out the window.

Farinzel meets Theld's gaze. These humans can be so hard to read. the elf ponders. I cannot tell if I truly offended him or whether he is merely playing a game. Once the cleric, returns to his seat, a sly grin appears on the mage's face. I think I prefer the latter.

With his back to Theld, Farinzel flashes a brief smile to Jeras. ”I timeácait- na- afoot.” the desert elf nods to his cousin in the hope of finding a friendly audience to his prank.

Elven:
"The game is afoot."

Then, with both a short recitation and playful gesture by Farinzel, a small, crude and artificial looking mug appears on the table.

Prestidigitation does permit the fashioning of such objects, but I’m not sure I would want to drink out of it!

Before he can see how the cleric reacts, Farinzel notices the arrival of the newcomers. "Greetings." Farinzel says to Iago and Nitre. "I am Farinzel and this..." he says pointing to the bat on his finger, "is Kadri. As fellow Pathfinders, we are indeed at your service. This our first mission for the Society as well." The elf gives a curt bow, waiting to hear the reaction from Theld behind him.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago blinks, lips pursed. Whelp. Turning to the dwarf newcomer, he opens his arms in greeting. "We're glad to have you! Welcome, welcome, to a land of mystery and ancient secrets, and treasure so plentiful that it beggars the imagination." And with a stride, he catches Nitre in a strange hug, enabling him to say to her discreetly "Watch out for the bearded weirdo, I think he's completely nuts. Or hates clayware more than anyone really ought to" he adds with a pat on her back before standing back up to offer a radiant, possibly forced, smile to everyone involved.

"Iago Dalamitri, late of Westcrown. It's a pleasure. Do you have any particular strange phobias? No? Just gauging my partners."

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

I missed that it was Prestidigitation and was treating more like the Mending spell. No worries. Just having some fun with it all. Theld is not enjoying any of this, but I am having a great time.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 9 | HP 75/75| AC 24 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +14,+3 for traps W: +9; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +7 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +15, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | / | | Active conditions: None.
Farzinel the Learned wrote:


With his back to Theld, Farinzel flashes a brief smile to Jeras. ”I timeácait- na- afoot.” the desert elf nods to his cousin in the hope of finding a friendly audience to his prank.

** spoiler omitted **

Jeras just nodded to confirm.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Elf Rogue 9 | HP 75/75| AC 24 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +14,+3 for traps W: +9; +2 vs. enchantment | Init: +7 | Senses low-light vision; Perc: +15, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | / | | Active conditions: None.

"I'm sorry guys! I just realized I had to be somewhere else. Good bye!" And he goes!

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12
Iago Dalamitrin wrote:


"Iago Dalamitri, late of Westcrown. It's a pleasure. Do you have any particular strange phobias? No? Just gauging my partners."

"Fears are often subjective, Iago Dalamatrin. Thus, they are seldom perceived as 'peculiar' by those who experience them. That being said, I find the thought of any prolonged loss of contact with my family to be quite... unpleasant." replies Farinzel, as if speaking of a recent experience. Then, as if to quickly change the subject, he speaks further.

"Tell us, do you have any phobias that you have identified as being 'peculiar'?" inquires the elf before adding, "Just gauging a partner."

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago looks the elf strait in the eye and replies: "Yes. I'm afraid of weirdo crackpots who are supposed to be on my team. No pun intended."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"It is not my place to question the wisdom of Venture-Captain Balentiir. Perhaps, he anticipates our mission will pit us against a host of dangerous pottery. Under such a circumstances, Theld's talents would seem to serve us well." suggests Farinzel.

"Surely, during your missions with the Society you have faced some unusual foes... if not compatriots."

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

"The Rough Beast calls to you wizard, and you will serve him, someday soon."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel contemplates a number of playful retorts, but chooses to forgo them. Though still young for his kind, he is wise enough to know when to avoid provoking an apparent zealot. Instead, the Learned One chooses a much more diplomatic response.

"Perhaps, your words will prove to be prophetic." replies the elf. "For the Rough Beast calls constantly, even from within its prison. And history cannot deny that its calls have been answered from time to time."

"Should such a day as you describe ever come to pass," the wizard continues carefully, "I suppose our main purposes will then, once again, be aligned as they should be now. For have we not all come here in answer of a single call, that of the Venture-Captain Balentiir."


As if they could hear the words uttered by Farzinel and appearing as if summoned, servants come to usher the assembled pathfinders into Balentiir's office. They have but a moment before Balentiir shutters of the windows in his second-story office overlooking the lodge’s tranquil gardens and seats himself behind his writing desk. He nods and introduces a thin, aging Garundi man in an ornately bejeweled and feathered turban. “This is Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage. I trust most of you know of him already. If you don’t, know that he has served both the Ruby Prince and the Pathfinder Society for many years, uncovering vast troves of lore from Ancient Osirion and mentoring some of our finest agents. He recently approached my colleagues and me with a request for assistance, and the Society has agreed to step up and aid its ally. The arrangement is, in fact, rather mutually beneficial.” He nods to Amenopheus, signaling the elder man to speak.

“Faithful servants of the past, I bid you greetings,” the wizened sage says with a shallow bow. “Our esteemed ruler, the Ruby Prince, recently released me from his service, which has freed me to learn more about a little-known organization to which I belong: the Jeweled Sages, protectors of Osirion’s history and chroniclers of its past glories. Quite by accident, I found myself initiated into this group, and have long believed myself to be its sole surviving member. Each sage in the group possesses a unique jewel—a priceless artifact that contains memories of Osirion’s golden age.” He pauses as if considering how to express his thoughts “For many years, I have sought news of any other members of the Jeweled Sages. My agents recently learned of the Diamond Sage, whom they traced to the city of Eto in the Osirian Desert. At the same time, I received word from a reliable source that several other jewels in the vicinity. I ask that you travel to Eto, negotiate with my contact in the city for his assistance, and then use what you learn to find the Diamond Sage and these lost jewels.”

Venture-Captain Balentiir frowns and adds, “This contact has tried to remain anonymous, but we suspect he is none other than Grandmaster Torch. If you’ve heard of him—or worse, met him—you may know trading favors is his signature. Regardless of Torch’s past treacheries, we need you to deal with him fairly for the information. There is a caravan leaving for Eto in a few hours, so don’t delay.”

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

As this is Farzinel's first mission for the Society, he has had no contact with either Amenopheus, the Jeweled Sages, or this Grandmaster Torch. The Learned One tries to recall what he may have read or gathered about either during his travels in the area.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

If either skill will help him know something possibly useful about Eto, then he will also attempt to recall such information. Knowledge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

"If you are familiar with this, Torch, then perhaps you could suggest a favor that we may be able to offer in trade." the elf says, hoping to prompt the Venture-Captain.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Never met this Torch guy either. But what has he done in the past that was "treacherous"?" asks Iago, deciding that perhaps ignoring the crazy Rovagug worshiper is probably the best course of action. I miss the Kuthite. And that weird one with the mask. Not the rude cocky a~@#&&& though. Damn, does he really compare so poorly?


Venture-Captain Balentiir sighs heavily. “The man is a charming devil to be sure. He always plays one side of a deal against the other, and usually ends up ahead. You’ll recognize him by his burn scars. He suffered some injury that never seems to heal. Whatever you do, never fully trust him.”

Additionally, Farzinel recalls some small tidbits he had overheard about Eto.

Farzinel:
Madame Zelekhati recently began hiring more workers at the Dancing Dunes, though she sends away most who don’t have at least some elven blood. Also, most merchants recommend avoiding Beggar’s Alley, which is home to a gang of pickpockets known as the Hundredfingers.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Interesting. And what do we know about this Diamond Sage?"


Amenopheus answers, "I do not know of him, or even if it is a him, but if you locate the Diamond Sage you must contact me. I will give you half of this stone," he promptly takes a stone from his pocket, breaks it, and gives half of what is now obviously a geode to the party, "and you may use it to contact me should you find either a jewel of my order, or the person known as the Diamond Sage."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Had no idea we were starting, or even that the gameplay thread was open...

Entering late, a tall and muscular woman is followed by a black cat. She wears a red dragon hide breastplate and carries a simple spear. A black scimitar is at her waist and she is adorned with both club and sickle. a wooden shield is slung over one shoulder. Please excuse my tardiness. It seems no one informed me that we were gathering. She says. Seeing Iago, she chooses a seat by him and says I am sure my friend Iago here will catch me up. Going to Eto it seems. Caravan did you say?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"We're out to meet a guy named Torch. Slippery kind of guy, plays both sides of a coin. Looks like the Society had to deal with him before and they got burnt. Which is funny because apparently he's got a bit of a burn scar himself" summarises the Chel with a grin that skirts the border between a leer and a warm, pleased smile. "Nice to see you Storm, don't leave anything breakable near the bearded guy, he's got a case of butter-fingers. And hello to you, Shade you big ol' puss-puss. C'mere you furball" he continues, seemingly heedless of the size of the lioness.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Amenopheus, was it?" Nitre speaks up with a little trepidation. "I'm a new Pathfinder, and I'm so so honored to meet you! A Jeweled Sage? I've never heard of that before today, but it sounds so awesome! I'm also a Sage... a Scarab Sage. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to talk about that, but I just did! Your kind of Sage sounds much more impressive. I think my group will take just about any Pathfinder, but you had to really earn yours! I can't wait to try to find the Diamond Sage you want us to find. I'm sure he or she will be totally okay! But if not, don't worry; we'll get retribution for you, right good!"

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Either ignoring the jabs, or oblivious to them, the kelid asks, "Will you travel to Eto with us Amenopheus?"


The Sapphire Sage responds, “My dismissal from the Ruby Prince’s service has left me neither exiled nor truly welcome. I will return to Absalom soon.”

Questions being mostly answered, your travel is arranged for. You travel as part of a caravan. The immense rock walls that ring Eto rise from the horizon like a shimmering mirage that gradually sharpens into focus. The city sits inside an elevated crater with sheer, weathered sides broken only in two places by heavily guarded gates. Long lines of caravans wait in a meandering queue awaiting entrance as officials search their cargos for contraband and calculate taxes. Water sellers, food vendors, and guides march up and down the lines peddling their wares and services to the visitors. Beyond the gates, the main thoroughfares fan out around the various districts of the city before dwindling into the dozens of pathways that flow through the bazaar like the delta of the great River Sphinx.

Each caravan or group of travelers is assigned one or more trios of officials, each of which consists of two guards and a customs agent. Eto is a hub of trade in Osirion’s interior, and these officials ensure that no one brings dangerous contraband (such as certain drugs, large quantities of explosives, etc.) into the city. They further confirm that all Osirian relics are documented and taxed; the opening of Osirion to treasure-hunters by the Ruby Prince’s decree stimulates the economy, but the Ministry of Culture ensures that the kingdom receives a cut of all finds and withholds artifacts of special importance. If you wish to conceal any of your equipment from the customs agents, you may attempt Sleight of Hand checks for each item to be smuggled.

Your customs agent is Mahu, a bored Garundi man whose graying beard and tired eyes suggest he’s seen it all and heard every excuse at least a few dozen times. As he inspects your gear, he plies you with questions about where you’re from, where you’re bound, and what interesting sights you’re seen.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"I came here from Absalom, via Sothis. And let me tell you, that beetle's carapace... Terrifying. Thank goodness at the time the pharaohs had a big enough bug-swatter. Or whatever it was. Do you know how that thing died? Anyway. Just came back from a trip to Varisia. Have you heard of the Runelords? Terrifying wizards, predate the Pharaohs? We had to investigate a temple dating back from their time. I had everything; creepy statues, lots of depictions of angry people, remnants of their creations, the Sinspawn... Before that, I was in the general area; Okeno. Had to find an old Qadiran operative. But she had run by the time we got there. I tell ya, Qadirans..." says Iago, chatting up the guardsman pleasantly.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Curious, the elf notes to himself as he patiently waits his turn to speak after Iago. The fighter seems to have the best gift for words among all of us.

Following Iago's lead, Farzinel chooses not to openly declare himself as a member of the Pathfinder Society. As a native of Osirian, he is cognizant of how the natives view any suspected "treasure hunters".

"I am Farzinel." says the wizard. Before continuing, he lowers his head slightly, attempting to imitate customary greetings he had observed the humans use among each other. "I come from one of the tribes, which I suppose have been referred to in these parts as the 'wild elves.' I was trained in the magical arts by the scribes and masters of Tephu. From there, my desire for knowledge brought me first to Sothis, where I acquired these robes, and now to Eto, where I presently seek another person that I am told is a keeper of information."

"Should fortune smile upon me, I hope also, perhaps, to acquire enough coin here in Eto to further my travels. To that end, I understand that there may be work for one of my kind at an establishment called the Dancing Dunes. If you know of it, would you be so kind as to point the way?"


Iago may, at his discretion, roll a Diplomacy check. He may alternately roll one as an aid attempt to someone else's check to follow. There may be a bonus assessed for fun RP. I enjoy reading stuff, or I wouldn't be doing PbP.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Wanting little to do with Mahu, Theld decides it would be best to be as direct as posible without giving anything away.

"I am from a land of ice and snow as vast as this desert you call home. I have come here seeking knowledge." Then with the closest thing to a smile, he adds, "I wish to be a ...torch... in the darkness of ignorance." To date, it would be the first thing resembling a joke from the cleric.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Lost a post when the system locked for a moment. I gotta remember to save stuff before I submit.

Stormy spends a good part of each day in eagle form flying above the caravan. It lets her keep watch on the road ahead and alerts her of any likely threat. And being new to the ability to change she she revels in her new forms and in flight specifically.

In the evenings she is useful around camp. She can create water at will and keeps everyone's water topped off. And she tries her hand at desert hunting to add to more meat to the daily rations.

At the gate she looks confused and offers If anyone has something they would rather not been seen I can simply fly it in later. The security seems poor. Am I missing something?

At the gate Stormy adds some to Iago's story. He does not exagerate. I was with him in the last adventure and put down a sinspawn or three myself. And there was undead. got right in their face I did. The real threat were the harpies. Nasty business that. Now what exactly are we not suppose to be bringing in? I know I am ready for a break from desert travel. I know I could use a bath.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"I don't know much about anything, but I'm reasonably certain that bathtubs aren't on that list. Unless we find Sekh-pa-Mefer's ancient gold-plated bathtub right?" he adds with a nudge and a sly smile.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre enjoys the travel, frequently commenting to any who will listen (or not) about the vastness and desolation of the desert, and how that is equally fascinating and terrifying. "I mean, it's all sun, right? A sun that never ever stops. I mean, I'm all for sun, but sometimes you just want a good sturdy roof of bedrock to block it out for a week or two, you know?"

When she's questioned, she makes sure to use the inspector's name. "Mahu? So I've always heard stories about Osirion, all the fascinating tales about genies and oh, the other ones with the different names, you know what I'm talking about. But flying carpets and all that stuff. So here I am! Osirion! Can't wait."

Diplomacy, ha!: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1


Nitre, was that an aid attempt, a joke, or a legitimate attempt to diplomacy the NPC?

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Aid attempt, for sure. She'd never lead a diplomacy. I was thinking we all had to make the roll; I see that wasn't the case. As many will, you may disregard her babble as you see fit. :)

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

The bat remains hidden within Farzinel's cloak, trying to avoid detection. It begins to lightly tug on Farzinel's clothing as if it were inquiring:

Have you convinced the two-legged creature with the large tuft of fur on its chin that does not break things to let them continue on their way?


Mahu smiles from time to time, but his expression sours when he sees the geode. "What is this, sirs?" He asks the men specifically, though he doesn't seem overtly disdainful of the women.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

As Mahu questions the others about the geode (Am I correct that Iago has it?), Farzinel slowly reaches for his spell component pouch to obtain a small piece of wool. He waits to see what happens, but realizes that it may be necessary in there immediate future to cast silent image in order to create a distraction.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy is not a sir but responds anyway. A rock?


"Doesn't just look like a rock to me. Looks like a relic, an artifact... this is particular stone, here." He doesn't seem convinced.

Decide as a group, you can either bluff, saying it's obviously nothing, diplomacy, to convince him to overlook it, or you may submit it for inspection with honesty.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Not my forte but I'll go along with whoever leads and try to support.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

I'm not the most social guy either. Willing to aid when we decide.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre just looks from one Pathfinder to the next when the inspector challenges their geode. I barely avoided serious trouble last time I opened my mouth. Better let others take the lead on this!

As we saw above, Nitre will be no help with this. Iago, am I correct that you're the only social character? Let us know how you'd like for us to help, but you will get the lead on this, I think.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago shrugs. "Well, it was given to us by Amenopheus the Saphire Sage, who used to be the advisor to the Ruby Prince. I'm sure that he wouldn't be one to pawn off Osiriani artefacts. Since he's a powerful arcane master in his own right and a fervent supporter of the restoration of the Dynasties, I was assuming he just made something that looked like an ancient artifact at first glance."

He grabs the geode and tosses it to Mahu. "We're also supposed to break it in half when we have decided to contact the old man. Doesn't sound like something I would do to an artifact of ancient Osirion. But, it's your call, although I hope you will err to our benefit."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Well, if you wouldn't mind saying a couple things in support of my position, and roll an assist, that would be great. Feel free to go with a certain line of reasoning, I'll try to pick it up.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Looking a little surprised Stormy retorts. The man speaks the truth. I can vouch for him. It really is a rock but its suppose to let us talk to the guy we are working for. That can't be bad, right? The surprise on her face mostly spoils what she says.

Diplo assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

1 to 50 of 1,098 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.