SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,121 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

"False? What? These documents?" You can tell without much trouble they knew those documents weren't going to fool someone with a keen eye. "Ah no... those are fakes we were going to feed the consortium so we could pocket some of this gold. But the letter of credit is genuine, and we are trying to meet someone here..."

As you have this conversation, Amenopheus walks up and surveys the situation. "What are you all doing standing around out here?" The Sapphire Sage looks exhausted, his clothing is scorched and torn in places, though he seems otherwise healthy.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Trying to recover the gems, Amenophus! It seems they already sold them, though!" Nitre glares at Kafar and Nefti, but adds "other than that, though, they've largely been helpful."


"Really? You searched them? I am sensing something of the gem on them." Amenopheus looks, and motions to Kafar, "That one. Check pockets, perhaps a hidden pocket. And why you're all still standing around out here is beyond me. I'm too old and it's too hot."

He walks up to the mountain, approximately the section that Kafar had been indicating, and places his hand... through the cliff face. A bit of effort and pushing, and then he entirely disappears into the rock.

You aren't certain what just happened, but your eyes saw it. Your minds are having trouble. Shortly thereafter, the illusion disappears. You see the cliff face has an entrance carved into it, grand doors visible and an entrance beyond. Amenopheus is no longer in sight, having entered the building.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel shrugs and begins to search Kafar. "I could use some assistance." he says to his fellows.

Perception (Aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy assists.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


While he protests, you do search Kafar, and he doesn't resist. You find on the alchemist the Topaz gem you were looking for, and once in hand the spirit of the Topaz Sage within reaches out to you, recognizing the power you have been given. It gives an impression of thanks to Farzinel, but does not appear to do more than give impressions.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"You are quite welcome." Farzinel responds aloud to the jewel, before placing it among his belongings for safe keeping.

"We should follow Amenopheus, certainly." the elf says to his fellow Pathfinders, "but what should we do with our 'new friends' here? Do we think they could be trusted to help us?"

He then turns to Kafar. "It would seem that the individual you were planning to meet here has failed to show." Farzinel states.


"Or are they already inside?" Kafar asks, and proceeds to head that direction, with Nefti following closely, though Nefti eyes his weapons longingly as he walks away.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Sorry, the last two weeks have not been great for me work-wise. Also, there are other issues at hand. Feel free to bot me whenever is necessary.

Iago clicks his tongue, shaking his head as Nefti seemingly gives some thought in things he shouldn't even think about. "Come on New Friend. Lets do some pathfindering!" With that said, he herds the younger Aspis towards the entrance, his stance ambivalent as to whether he is going to protect the lad or use him as a shield.

A high enough Sense Motive Check would probably indicate that he would defend the unarmed kid. Iago is Chelish, not a monster.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre gathers up the surrendered weapons, stowing them carefully so they can be returned in a pinch. She rushes back up to Amenopheus. "So, uh, what happened to you?!? You look okay, of course, I'd expect that... but you look like something really didn't like your clothes!"


"Well there were a number of creatures that seemed to object to my travels, and we had disagreements. I am hardy enough, my clothes less so." He welcomes you to the sanctum.

Beautifully engraved columns support the ornate entablature topped by a wide tapered cornice. The style hearkens back to Osirion’s golden age, and the impeccable design and craftsmanship lives up to the standards set by the ancient dynasties. A short flight of stairs ascends to stone door in the mountain.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago is the first to snap out of the reveries induced by such ancient ruins.

"Well, looks well-preserved for something its age." He eyes Amenopheus before coughing and adding as he grips his blade in both hands: "Lets go on in before we get a sunstroke out here."

He moves through the first room cautiously.

Perception, Entrance room: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"My once-aspis friends, I would suggest you stop looking through the doorway we just came in through and focused on moving forwards."

Assuming there is nothing of note in the first room...

"Hmm. I know this is where the jeweled sages had their pig roasts, but did they really need the man-sized gem here?"

Perception, Gem room: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy follows.

I might need a review of goals for this run. Been a while.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre begins examining the entrance room, paying particular attention to the pools. "Nice that they can keep these full in the desert like this. Curious that they haven't dried up in so long. This place must be actively used, then, right?"

Perception, stonecunning: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel looks around the entryway, nodding for his familiar to fly ahead and keep an eye on the warrior.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

The bat flies ahead, examining the room with the enormous crystal.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


The group notices that any water taken from the fountains seems to be refilled, like magic.

Traversing into the next room with the crystal, those entering find that this chamber’s floor angles upward as it meets the walls, which in turn angle inward like those of a pyramid, creating a space shaped like a cut diamond. The walls are smooth and somewhat transparent, like foggy quartz, save for where three opaque doors stand to the north, east, and west. In the center of the room, a clear 5-foot diameter crystal hovers a short distances from the floor and spins slowly.

Amenopheus recognizes this crystal as a gatekeeper built to prevent non-sages from traveling deeper into the sanctum. He presents himself as the Sapphire Sage and announces that he seeks the Diamond Sage. The crystal briefly shows an image of a Garundi man walking toward the north door in the room, then a small, keyshaped sliver breaks off of the crystal. Amenopheus nods, picks up the key, and tells the group that the north door will lead them onward; it opens as he approaches.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy reviewed her buffs and follows along.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre moves into the room with Biter, and trains her crossbow on the northern door. Looking at Amenopheus, she offers "I suppose things are probably pretty safe in here, what with your magic Sage key and all, but I like to be sure."

She waits for someone to lead the way.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel watches the Sapphire Sage, then turns to Kafar and Nefti. "Will you be accompanying us, then?" he asks. "You did say that your contact awaits further inside, did you not?"

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago nods, nudging the pair along. "Yeah! That sounds like a great idea! Come on."

Stormy, what are you unclear about?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Everything. I do not even recall the mission. I'll go back and re-read everything if we are picking up the pace again, which I am in favor of.


Stopping those guys was pretty much objective 1, but now you're here, so might as well check it out, right? IC post shortly.


Kafar and Nefti attempt to follow the rest of you, but the crystal warns them that they are not allowed to enter. None of you sense this warning, as it is transmitted directly to them, but they alert you to the fact the crystal does not seem to want them to come in. "We can wait out here..." they say, and seem honest enough about it, though you obviously will have doubts. Amenopheus waits on you further in.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"Is that so?" Farzinel responds, warily. He eyes the two men, trying to ascertain whether the speak the truth or are engaged within a ruse.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Realizing that the crystals work in mysterious ways and that he is not likely to know one way or the other, he decides to leave the men be and to follow the Sage in hopes of learning more of the mysteries of this place.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Well, we confiscated their contraband... that should keep them out of trouble I suppose.

"Well, uh... be good then, ok?" Nitre joins Amenopheus further in the complex.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy moves to join the sage as well.


Two curved ramps ascend gently from one end of this semicircular room toward its northwest entrance. More than a dozen statues line the intricately painted walls, and all face toward an immense crystal that projects from the southeast wall. The statues are carved in the Osiran fashion, some bearing the heads of animals, and many holding objects like staves, ankhs, oil lamps, and scepters in their supple marble hands. Four engravings in the likeness of gemstones are set into shallow circular recesses in the floor arrayed before the huge jewel.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel surveys the room, casting detect magic and attempting to discern what it is that he is seeing.
Knowledge (arcana, history, or local): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

"What do you make of this, Amenopheous?"

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre enters the room and begins examining the statues and carvings.

Are the items held by statues real items, or just part of the statues?

Do the gem engravings on the floor look like they might be designed to accept a gem placed in them?

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Iago, grumbling slightly at the convenience of the crystal's attitude, does sense that somehow they are being truthful.

"Alright. I certainly hope you aren't feeling adventurous enough to try and leave us. We are in the middle of the Pillars of the Sun after all. You barely got through one way, with all your preparations and gear" he warns, unhappily.

Stepping on as their rearguard, Iago strolls on into the room, an eye out for danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Well I'll be.

"Statues. I hate statues. The ones that are left in tombs especially" he comments, as he makes an idle moulinet with his weapon.


The items being held by the statues certainly do seem real. Amenopheus starts walking through the crystal, and then for an unknown reason as he is about to answer the question asked he becomes frozen within the crystal he was passing through. While it doesn't look painful, the statues that start moving DO look like they might inflict some pain.

Init:
Stormy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Farz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Nitre: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Iago: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Statues: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Everyone but Iago may act first in round 1.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

I'm confused by the map; it doesn't seem to show any foes, or even the room that we're in?


Ah, it does show the room you're in but I did forget to drop their tokens.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel produces his wand and casts mage armor upon himself.

"And what do you make of this, Amenopheus?" the elf again asks of the Sage. His voice is now more urgent than it had previously been.


Amenopheus is currently encased in crystal and appears paralyzed, like those bugs trapped in amber from the ancient tale Jurassic Park.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre quickly moves near the crystal that holds Amenopheus. Just don't touch it... she thinks, it's probably some kind of trap for a Sage, and you're carrying a Sage's power right now, don't forget! Still, better than being close to one of these statues!

She raises her crossbow, firing its bolt at one of the statues; she reloads the crossbow with astounding speed! She keeps darting her head around to look over her shoulder, clearly concerned about a surprise attack from a statue behind her.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: attack statue on right
Amazing Initiative: spend 1 mythic power to gain additional standard action (move-equivalent): reload crossbow
Foe-biting: spend 1 legendary power to double damage from a single attack

+1 heavy crossbow, pbs: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23
Damage, P, pbs: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage, foe-biting: 8 + 1 + 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

As this looks like a tough fight Stormy will cast Barkskin on herself and move away from the statues, for now.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

bump


Thanks for the bump, dunno how I missed Stormy's post after I asked for it.

One of the statues casts a spell, targeting itself and its ally, and it suddenly moves much faster. The other statue steps off its pedestal and comes after Iago!

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Its quarterstaff strikes his armor but doesn't even put a dent in!

Party turn.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre's eyes dart to the open archway that they came through, and she notices Biter looking anxiously into the room. "Biter, come here! Don't just stand there watching!"

She pulls the trigger as soon as her eyes land on the animated statue again, and she--moving faster than reality again--immediately reloads and fires!

She backs up a step, making room for Biter. She notices the other statue on top of Iago, and she sees an opening. "Iago, there's some chink there, under the arm. Strike it now! Use the Sages' Power!!!"

Actions:

Free: handle animal (defend)
Standard: attack statue on right
Move: reload crossbow
Amazing Initiative: spend 1 mythic power to gain additional standard action: attack statue on right
Foe-biting: spend 1 legendary power to double damage from a single attack
Swift: Decisive Strike +3 on Iago
5' step

Handle animal DC 10, link: 1 + 6 + 4 = 11

+1 heavy crossbow, pbs: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25
Damage, P, pbs: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

+1 heavy crossbow, pbs, legendary surge: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + (4) = 24
Damage, P, pbs: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
Damage, foe-biting: 6 + 1 + 1 = 8


Iago gets to take an immediate attack at a +3 bonus; this attack costs no actions and bypasses all damage reduction

Decisive Strike wrote:
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to give one ally within 30 feet the ability to immediately make a single melee or ranged attack on your turn. Add your tier as a bonus on the attack roll. The damage dealt by this attack bypasses all damage reduction. This attack doesn’t count toward the ally’s actions on its turn.


Male N Badger | HP: 15/15 (8 nl) | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Biter scampers across the floor, weaving behind Iago's legs to avoid the statue near the door, and stops in front of Nitre, spinning to defend her.

Actions:

Move: 30'
Standard: readied attack vs any foe that moves to attack Nitre

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage, P: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"The bigger they are..." begins Farzinel as he rubs a smidge of butter on his hands before gesturing and uttering an archaic phrase.

Casting grease in area of statue near Iago. Area indicated in map in yellow. Creature must make a successful Reflex save (DC 17) or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.


Stormy and Iago still up.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago's eyes widen as a voice in his mind goes: "Really, you're surprised by this?" Then all of a sudden, dearest Nitre's voice rings through. "Huh? Oh. Right. RIGHT!"

Immediate Action strike: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 2 + 3 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 11 + 6 = 24

The adamantine blade arcs through the air, digging deep into the creature's armpit.

Regular attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 2 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 11 + 6 = 25
Confirm?: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 2 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 11 + 6 = 21
GM reroll that crud: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 2 + 5 = 33
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 6 = 22

"I think you might be onto something!" he exclaims with joy as he pulls his blade out and swings again!, possibly lopping an arm and a stony head off.

"Nitre. Baby. I could kiss you right about now."

If that's enough, I'll spend a mythic point to move my speed up to the next one and hit it. Otherwise, I'll spend a mythic point to hit the first one again.

Regular attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 2 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + 6 = 22


Iago does indeed drop the first statue, and moves to the second (careful to avoid grease), and wallops it as well.

Stormy spends a mythic point and calls lightning, the reverberations in the small chamber loud, and almost deafening the adjacent Iago.

SR: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Lightning: 3d10 ⇒ (9, 9, 10) = 28
Reflexes: 2d20 ⇒ (17, 18) = 35

The construct stays on its feet and tries to strike Iago.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 1) + 10 = 12

It does so with a resounding crack as the quarterstaff dents the side of Iago's armor and may even have broken a rib or two.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Assuming it is our turn again.

Iago's grin turns into a comical air of surprise as the air is driven from his lungs.

"That... Hurt..." he wheezes, before lifting his sword for a counterblow.

Regular attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 2 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + 6 = 22
Mythic attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 2 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 + 6 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy moves up to stand adjacent to both the stature and Iago ready to defend the brave fighter if needs be. She strikes at the stature with another bolt of lightning.

Call Lightning: 3d10 ⇒ (2, 9, 2) = 13 Well that is puny compared to what you rolled. But it's half sonic (which might be good vs statues) and DC 16 reflex for half damage. If you fall that roll the enemy is dazzled and deafened for a minute and for a round even if they make it. So that is -1 to hit I believe.

The black lion charges in and bites at the statue with its magical bite. The bite crackles with electricity.

Charging bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 281d6 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + (5) = 12


Iago feels like his sword strikes are not going to connect, but he knows that he could potentially tap into his latent mythic power to correct the error in reality. Lightning strikes and biters bite.

Farz or Nitre?

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Sorry, didn't realize I was up....

Calling on his mythic power, Farzinel sends three bolts of force at the upright statue.

Damage (magic missile): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 3 = 9

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,121 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.