SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


101 to 150 of 1,121 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The sunrod seems only half effective, as if the darkness were encroaching on all light.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"What so you make of this, Nitre?" referring to the darkness and it's affect on the sunrod.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none
Iago Dalamitrin wrote:
"Only if the dwarf is buxom."

Nitre looks down at her chest in confusion, unable to process how that's going to help her or Iago at the bottom of a well.

Farzinel the Learned wrote:
"Do you have any advice, Nitre, on how to avoid deadly snakes? "

She shakes her head. "We don't have too many snakes where I'm from... and their poison seems to be a weakness us dwarves don't share! If we get bit we'll suck out the poison if someone looks woozy, but it doesn't happen much."

Farzinel the Learned wrote:
"What so you make of this, Nitre?" referring to the darkness and it's affect on the sunrod.

Nitre finally makes her way down to the bottom of the well to join Iago, and to study the darkness Farzinel speaks of.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

She walks up next to Iago, and peers into the darkness.

Darkvision 60' - is her vision at all impaired by this seemingly supernatural darkness?

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel considers what forms of magic could produce the darkness effect his observing. He considers whether it is likely the result of some magical item being activated.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

He also considers whether it is likely the result of an active spell or possibly some snake-related magical beast.

Knowledge (arcane): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Then, to make certain all bases are covered, he turns to Nitre and asks, "Do you think that such darkness could be associated with any natural underground phenomenon or some subterranean creature."

Farzinel speaks quietly to Iago in an effort not to alert (any further) anything that may be in the chamber, "I have a bad feeling about this. I could send Kadri ahead of us to look around if you think it helpful. However, he is not much of a communicator. He can convey to me empathically feelings associated with any danger lurking inside, but I am experiencing a sense of imminent danger already. Though to be honest, we desert elves live our lives in the sun and consider practically all confined spaces to be dens of danger."

"I understand , however, that you have experience exploring such places as does, I assume, Nitre. I suggest that you two lead the way. The rest of us will follow, though I am reluctant to turn my back on the thrall of Rovagug."

Proposed marching order (first to last): Iago, Nitre, Farzinel, Stormy, and Theld.

Dark Archive

M | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMD 12| F +4 R +0 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft / 20 in armor | Channel negative energy 9/9 (DC16) | Battle Rage +1 5/5 | Destructive Smite +1 | Active Conditions: None.

"Nothing more to be known about this shrine...yet." Theld also casts a series of spells and looks around the chamber for any threats or the cause of the darkness.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23

Casting Detect Magic and Guidance

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Seeing the reduced light from the sunrod Stormy tries to add her own light to the darkness. Casts Light. Depending on the result may light a touch.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago shrugs. "It's a big empty space right now. No need to act paranoid and send in helpless animals" he says as he steps on further into the room. "Cultists? Undead cultists? Your god was unworthy. Come on now" he taunts without any real passion, beckoning at shadows "come out now and thrash me."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12
Iago Dalamitrin wrote:
Iago shrugs. "It's a big empty space right now. No need to act paranoid and send in helpless animals" he says as he steps on further into the room. "Cultists? Undead cultists? Your god was unworthy. Come on now" he taunts without any real passion, beckoning at shadows "come out now and thrash me."

"I wouldn't call Theld 'helpless'." Farzinel smiles in response to Iago. "Although you were apparently right about evil cults not being on speaking terms with one another."

"That being said, while religion is not my specialty, I do know enough about undead to know that they are among the few creatures that are both more patient and, unfortunately, more enduring than elves. I am reminded of a saying that I once heard during my studies in Tephu. It was something along the lines of 'If the pharaoh will not come to the pyramid, then the pyramid must come to the pharaoh.' " recites the elf.

Unless the knowledge checks reveal something new, Farzinel is ready to go into the chamber (though hopefully not first!)

Dark Archive

M | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMD 12| F +4 R +0 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft / 20 in armor | Channel negative energy 9/9 (DC16) | Battle Rage +1 5/5 | Destructive Smite +1 | Active Conditions: None.

With a nod to Farzinel, "I would think a wizard would know the power of words. Your jabs bring me joy elf. They are designed to cause pain. To break a spirit. Thank you for your gift."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12
Theld Miasma wrote:
With a nod to Farzinel, "I would think a wizard would know the power of words. Your jabs bring me joy elf. They are designed to cause pain. To break a spirit. Thank you for your gift."

Rather insightful for a short-lived human. the elf ponders. I suppose a jab, no matter how playful, is still a jab. And do they not say that the heart of comedy is pain?

Fazinel is suddenly struck by a chilling thought. Theld did say, during our first meeting back in Sothis, that one day I would answer the call of The Rough Beast. Could it be, he is right?

Still peering into the deep darkness ahead of him, the sentiment gives Farzinel a moment's pause. Then he calls to the cleric, "You are welcome, as always, Theld. And should you come across any ancient vessels within this chamber, try not to engage them in battle. You may not be able to overcome them as easily as that cup that you faced back in Sothis."

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.
Theld Miasma wrote:
With a nod to Farzinel, "I would think a wizard would know the power of words. Your jabs bring me joy elf. They are designed to cause pain. To break a spirit. Thank you for your gift."

Iago does a double take. "Are you Kuthite? What is it with all the Kuthites lately" he asks as he looks about the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Dark Archive

M | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMD 12| F +4 R +0 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft / 20 in armor | Channel negative energy 9/9 (DC16) | Battle Rage +1 5/5 | Destructive Smite +1 | Active Conditions: None.
Farzinel wrote:
Theld. And should you come across any ancient vessels within this chamber, try not to engage them in battle. You may not be able to overcome them as easily as that cup that you faced back in Sothis."

"I make no promises wizard. Should I be defeated, I know it will fall to ruin in time."

Iago wrote:
Are you Kuthite? What is it with all the Kuthites lately" he asks as he looks about the room.

With a fiery outburst, Theld snaps, "Speak not to me of that petty usurper Dou-Bral!"

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none
Theld Miasma wrote:
"I make no promises wizard. Should I be defeated, I know it will fall to ruin in time."

"That kinda of sounds like a promise." Nitre keeps pace with Iago as he leads, turning as she goes to make her point to Theld, even walking backward at one point. "I mean... sure, really it's a lot of confidence. But the confidence kinda stands in as a promise. You can't really promise anything after you're dead; you won't be around to see it through, right? But your kind of confidence... well, it really feels like a promise! It's like your whole attitude is the promise."

Suddenly Theld erupts at Iago's slight comment.

"I'm not sure where I was going with that. Sorry." She turns back around and keeps her eyes open for any stonework that might be interesting. Or not.


Nothing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

No one sees anything as yet, due to the unnatural darkness causing anything more than 15' beyond the sunrod to be shrouded in dim light, and anything beyond 30' from the sunrod to be completely dark.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

And the light spell that Stormy cast? And her torch, if the light spell is affected?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago shrugs and begins to look for the baubles Torch has them looking for. "Shout out if you find a rod that looks like it's been carved way too carefully to be mundane."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Added a "sunrod" icon to the map and placed it 20 feet in front of Farzinel per prior post.

Farzinel, no longer encumbered by the gear that he left at the top of the well, follows Iago into the chamber allowing any others to proceed before him if they so choose.

Assuming nothing attacks him, Farzinel reaches down to retrieve the sunrod and says, "The air is stale, yet breathable. The entry is clear, although visibility remains quite limited. he calls back to the others.


All light sources are only half as effective. Our dwarfess can see 60'.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy's shield is producing light like a torch and she holds an actual torch to help pierce the encroaching darkness. She catches up with Iago and stands beside him. What manner of magic dims our lights? she asks.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Beats me. Never heard of that sort of precaution being taken. Let's try and find those objects before the reason why becomes apparent."

Do we find anything?


Based on current map positions, you see and find nothing.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Looks like I'm going to need to wade into the deep end. And by deep end, I probably mean this pool" comments the swordsman as he draws his greatsword to sound for the depth of the pool of water before him. "If you guys wouldn't mind just waiting at the edge to see if I drown?"

Moved myself in, but Iago sounds for the bottom with his greatsword. I just want to figure out if the pool is deeper than three feet.

Dark Archive

M | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMD 12| F +4 R +0 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft / 20 in armor | Channel negative energy 9/9 (DC16) | Battle Rage +1 5/5 | Destructive Smite +1 | Active Conditions: None.

Theld considers the opportunity for destruction and realizes,I cannot afford to lose this one just yet!

Before Iago can venture into the water, the cleric offers up a rope nodding toward the warrior's waist.

Not that Theld is great with words, but how about we tie a rope around you as a precaution?

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre moves over to the edge of the pool, trying to get the best view she can of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Stonecunning +2 for stonework

With darkvision she should be able to see the whole room from this position.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

It seems the boards ate my earlier post.

Having picked up the sunrod, Farzinel ventures in further following in the footsteps of Iago (and allowing anyone else who so desires to go before him). "For a dry well in a desert, there seems to be a considerable amount of water here. Perhaps, Grandmaster Torch does not possess as much information as he lets on." the elf notes. Then add, "Or perhaps he simply chooses to withhold that which he does possess. Either way, it cannot bode well for our efforts to honor our side of the agreement."


Similarly, Farzinel.

Nitre notices nothing out of the ordinary, even with her superior dwarven darkvision.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel makes an arcane gesture in front of his eyes as he recites the formulaic words of a spell. Farzinel casts detect magic

"If there is a rod imbued with magic within this chamber, I should be able to find it, darkness or no." he says as he strains his eyes, first to look into the waters around Iago, and then with an intent to form a search pattern as he progresses around the room.

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Feeling more at ease within this chamber than it has since even before departing Sothis, he bat takes to the air and peers around. Perhaps disturbed by the unnatural darkness (or else some of Farzinel's companions), the bat never strays much further than five feet from the wizard's head.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 blindsense (20 ft.)

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago nods back, grabs the rope and ties it to his waist. Well, at least he's not asking me to tie my own noose. And with that element of safety, he begins to search the entire pool.

I will take a 10 or a 20 on my Perception check, depending on what I am allowed to take and search this pool.


Iago searches the pool but finds nothing of interest. The bat, remaining near Farzinel, also finds nothing. Is there in fact nothing here?

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12
ScorchedOne wrote:
Iago searches the pool but finds nothing of interest. The bat, remaining near Farzinel, also finds nothing. Is there in fact nothing here?

Any results with Farzinel's search pattern and detect magic up? If not, then I may indeed conclude that there is nothing and suggest that we start looking for hidden doors and then tracks.


Detect Magic has not detected anything either.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago frowns, frustrated. "Alright... Lets see if maybe there's something hidden in the altar."

Same thing, taking a 20 or a 10 on Perception. Can you tell me which of the two I am taking?


You previously took 20, two minutes searching the pool got you nothing. Now... you approach the altar and... make me an actual perception check.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Clearly distracted by the events unfolding, Iago's first glance is... superficial, to say the least.


Not only is Iago's first glance superficial, it...
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
does not alert him to the snakes coiled beneath the altar which do not take kindly to his approach!

Initiatives!

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

I'll save everyone's initiatives after this for quicker combat starting in the future.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Initiative!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Specializing in the divination school, Farzinel has the ability,Forewarned (Su). He always acts in a surprise round, but remains flat-footed until he takes his action.

Dark Archive

M | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMD 12| F +4 R +0 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft / 20 in armor | Channel negative energy 9/9 (DC16) | Battle Rage +1 5/5 | Destructive Smite +1 | Active Conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Sigh, after the snake.


In his surprised state, Iago is not ready to react to two snakes attempting to bite him!

Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Their fangs do not pierce his armor, however!

Iago
Theld

Snek
Stormy
Farzinel
Nitre

Dark Archive

M | HP 17/17 | AC 16, T 10, FF 16 | CMD 12| F +4 R +0 W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft / 20 in armor | Channel negative energy 9/9 (DC16) | Battle Rage +1 5/5 | Destructive Smite +1 | Active Conditions: None.

Grr.. I had posted from my phone that I moved up with Iago (and that I couldn't update the map. Is it alright if we say I was a little farther back from my current position?

Theld moves forward and allows a sickly cloud to erupt from his body.

Selective Channel for Damage, DC 15: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Between distance and Selective Channel, I should have enough to exclude any friendly tagets.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Oh, I LOVE snakes" exclaims Iago as the burst of energy sails past and he goes for an underhand sweep with his weapon.

Greatsword, Power Attack vs Red: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 + 6 = 19


Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

The blue snake resists the evil energy Theld emits, and no one cares what happened to the red snake with regard to the channel because it is a greasy spot on the floor where a snake used to be. Blue tries once more to bite Iago, but it would need a miracle.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

It does not receive a miracle.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel races forward to see what the commotion is.

double move - placed Farzinel next to Theld. Added the bat token.


Stormy
Farzinel
Nitre

Sorry, forgot to mention new people in turn.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre finds herself farthest away from the action, so starts moving around the pool. They'll have that little thing destroyed by the time I get there anyway.

Double move: 40'

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy casts Barkskin on Shade and sends her in to help with the snake. The cat is almost playful as it nips the creature right behind the head.

Melee bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Shade:

Young female Lion - shadowy grey black coat
N Medium animal
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7
—————
Defense
—————
AC 23, touch 14, flat-footed 19 (+4 Dex, +4 Armor, +3 natural,+2 Barkskin)
hp 19 (3d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3
—————
Offense
—————
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +7 (1d6+2), 2 Claws +7 (1d4+2)
Rake, 2 Claws +5 (1d4+1)
—————
Statistics
—————
Str 14, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 10
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 16 (20 vs trip)
Feats Weapon finesse, Light Armor Proficiency
Tricks Attack, Attack, Attack Any Target, Come, Fetch, Guard, Seek, Stay
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+10 to jump), Perception +7, Stealth +6
SQ attack, attack any target, come, fetch, guard, seek, stay
Other Gear - Studded leather
—————
Special Abilities
—————
Attack [Trick] The animal will attack on command.
Attack Any Target [Trick] The animal will attack any creature on command.
Come [Trick] The animal will come to you on command.
Fetch [Trick] The animal will get a specific object.
Flight (80 feet, Average) You can fly!
Guard [Trick] The animal stays in place and prevents others from approaching.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Seek [Trick] The animal moves into an area and looks around for anything that is obviously alive or animate.
Stay [Trick] The animal will stay where it is.
Flank [Trick]


Those actions described take place, including Shade biting the snake, which doesn't fall quite like the other did when slashed by Iago.

Iago
Theld

101 to 150 of 1,121 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.