SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) (Inactive)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


1,101 to 1,121 of 1,121 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"Iago! Do it again!" Nitre hollers as she loads and fires her crossbow again, reloading with incredible speed.

Actions:

Move: reload crossbow
Standard: attack remaining statue
Amazing Initiative: spend 1 mythic power to gain additional standard action (move equivalent): reload crossbow
Swift: Decisive Strike +3 on Iago

+1 heavy crossbow, pbs: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24
Damage, P, pbs: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Iago gets to take an immediate attack at a +3 bonus; this attack costs no actions and bypasses all damage reduction

Decisive Strike wrote wrote:
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to give one ally within 30 feet the ability to immediately make a single melee or ranged attack on your turn. Add your tier as a bonus on the attack roll. The damage dealt by this attack bypasses all damage reduction. This attack doesn’t count toward the ally’s actions on its turn.


Botting Iago

Iago taps into his Mythic energy to alter probability.
Surge: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Both of his strikes which were veering off course turn and connect with the construct and finish it. You are left in a room with a sort of prismatic arrangement, different light shines from different objects in the room, held in the outstretched hands of statues at least one of which looks dreadfully familiar.

Knowledge History or Appraise first, then a secondary check is Intelligence, Knowledge Arcana, or Knowledge Nature. A perception check can give you yet another clue. Lastly, Knowledge (Engineering) can aid you.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel considers the different objects in the room, held by the statues. He casts detect magic.

"I welcome your assistance." he says to his fellow Pathfinders.

With the help of his allies, Farzinel discerns some information:

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Yuck! I anticipate using a few mystic surges.

First surge: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8[ooc]Add +6
Second surge: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3Add +3
Third surge: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9Add +7


Surge is only +1d6, I rolled 2 because I was simplifying.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Nitre's Extra attack, since I can only surge once a turn.

Greatsword vs Bad Guy: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 2 + 3 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 11 + 6 = 24

Iago manages to pull from the dark 3energies to veer his blade into the creature once. But twice? That would be pushing it, even with the spirit of the Ruby Sage looking over him.

Thankfully, Nitre is also looking over him. And at her command, he sinks the blade in deep into their last opponent. "Don't take it too hard" he comments mockingly, before pulling his weapon out and looking about the now-quiet room.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Lets use the second surge GM ScorchedOne has rolled to apply to this check. This generates a 27 perception.

"So lets see. We have Amenophus hanging in that crystal chamber there, two pacified guardians. Aaaaand..."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 Anyone can roll appraise...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Holy smokes, thems was some good rolls. :)

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre looks at the scene in front of her. "I... I don't think I get it!"

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Intelligence: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Stormy somehow knows that each of the carvings set into the floor before the crystal gate is a gemstone indicated in ancient Osirian. Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, and Topaz are represented. She also realizes that they associate with colors blue, green, red, and yellow respectively, and that the items being held are emitting these colors of light.

Nitre and Iago each notice that one of the statues represent familiar figures, Nitre sees that one is obviously Amenopheus, and Iago seems to think that another represents the image of the ruby sage that they saw when granted the power they now hold. A bit of fiddling with items gets those two statues properly situated holding the right items.

Another several minutes gets the last two items also situated so their light falls on the stones correctly, at which point Amenopheus is released from his crystalline prison. He urges you through, and as you do, you see the remaining statues handing their items back to where they were originally held. You are thankful that more statues did not animate to fight you.

A broad, simple, flat-topped column of sandstone rises from a deep pit in this circular, domed chamber with a white tiled floor. Though no wind can be felt, particles of sand slowly blow around the pit as if circulated by a lazy breeze, their movement creating a soft, rasping susurrus. The only occupant of this room is a Garundi woman bedecked in the style of an Osirian noblewoman. She greets Amenopheus and the Pathfinders, "Welcome home. I am the Diamond Sage, Tahonikepsu."

Amenopheus is cordial but cautious as he questions the Diamond Sage’s decision to remain hidden for so long, and he speculates how much more they might have accomplished in recent years had they met sooner. He voices his desire to rebuild the Jeweled Sages—a goal that he and Tahonikepsu share; however, despite this common ground, the two disagree on many nuances.

First, they disagree about the true cause of the Jeweled Sages’ destruction, which evolves into a disagreement about the lost order’s hierarchy. Amenopheus interprets the collapse of the Jeweled Sages as an unfortunate accident driven by outside forces, namely the invasion of Osirion by the Kelish thousands of years ago. Had it not been for this calamity, the Jeweled Sages would have continued to thrive. To Tahonikepsu, the invasion and subsequent purge of the Jeweled Sages reflects a critical weakness in the organization. She posits that, spread out and without a strong leader, the order could not respond quickly and effectively to a new threat. Amenopheus defends the order’s egalitarian organization structure as a key source of strength, allowing each member to act independently when needed. The Diamond Sage retorts that without consistent, decisive leadership, the Jeweled Sages will always be vulnerable and disorganized whenever a new threat strikes.

Second, the two sages disagree on how to rebuild the organization. Both accept that they will need to recover additional sage jewels and recruit new prospective sages. Amenopheus believes that the next generation of sages must be chosen from among the most learned scholars. Not only does this match the founding principles of the organization, but he theorizes that anything less than a well-trained mind would be unable to harness the millennia of memories within each sage jewel. To Tahonikepsu, the thought of populating the Jeweled Sages with cloistered academics might allow for easier retention of historic facts but would undermine the sages’ ability to actually use their knowledge to better the world. The Diamond Sage would rather recruit a generation of active and innovative sages who could act as advisors to powerful leaders, read the current events to predict future decisions, and participate in making history rather than simply recording it.

Finally, Amenopheus has had enough. "I invoke a Convocation of Sages. Let it be decided." Amenopheus votes, obviously, for his own side, whereas Tahonikepsu votes for hers. You may ask a few questions, but the long and short is that you will be voting on the future of the jeweled sages.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

I side with Tahonikepsu. No cloistered scholar can be informed enough of the needs of the world to make the best decisions. Stormy states firmly. It is out in the world where true wisdom gained.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

My alignment doesn't allow me to be the contrarian here. :(

Iago nods. "Might as well have people with the perspective of millenia give their opinion to those who will listen."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"There is strength in diversity." notes Farzinel. "Thus, an organization structured in a more egalitarian manner is more apt to thrive in the long term than one driven by a single, dictatorial figure."

"I, too, agree with Amenopheus that well-trained minds are better equipped to deal with the weight of memories." the elven scholar continues. "However, once so equipped, the advances to be gained by such minds should be to the benefit of all. Why not draw recruits from among the academics, but then employ them out within the world as advisors, prognosticators, and innovators?"

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre looks from Amenopheus to Tahonikepsu in shock. "You want... us? to make this decision for you?" She looks around at the other Pathfinders, incredulous that they all are offering their opinions with such little concern.

"I mean... wow. Let me take a moment!" And she does. She considers what the others have said, and studies both Sages again before responding.

"I... I don't know that my opinion should matter so much; I'm just a little dwarf, with a barely capable crossbow and not much sense!" She shakes her head, but continues. "But if I had to say, I guess that it seems the Sages are in trouble now--I mean, that's why we're here, right?--and maybe a new approach is in order. I'll side with you, Tahonikepsu, and cast my vote that way." She shies her gaze away from Amenopheus whenever his eyes lands on her.


"Very well, enough have sided with you that it seems moot." Amenopheus concedes. "I called for the convocation, and I shall abide its outcome."

Tahonikepsu seems pleased, and nods appropriate thanks to the Pathfinders. "I will see you returned to Eto safely once our business is concluded, have you need of anything else?"

You also have two thieves out in the lobby to deal with as well.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"What would you have us do with our two rivals?" Farzinel inquires of the sages. "They certainly gave us a race to here, but now seem somewhat adrift. They claimed to have plans to meet someone here, but we have not encountered any others since our arrival."

"The fact that they made their way here tells that they have some access to knowledge as well as a measure of skill." he notes.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy waits, listening for council.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

"I wonder if we might convince them to return with us, and join us as Pathfinders?" Nitre posits.


Tahonikepsu smiles. "I am pleased with their ingenuity, you should not harm them. And they did have plans to meet someone here." The Garundi woman winks.


Does Nitre or anyone else wish to make a check or invite either of the gentlemen from the lobby to join the society? Otherwise aside from RP we're wrapped and I'll be happy to get you those chronicles so you can potentially still sign up for Gameday starting in two weeks.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

When they all get to the lobby, Nitre approaches the two Aspis agents. "So, curiously, it seems we've found the person you were supposed to meet!" If Tahonikepsu has accompanied them, she nods in her direction.

"I think we might have just elected her as head of the Jeweled Sages, now, too! This is probably going to be a fun time for the Sages and the Pathfinder Society. Since you seemed to want to work with her, maybe you'll want to work with us, too? I know the Society loves to take in Aspis agents when we can!" Though she feels confident in what she said, she still glances around nervously, hoping someone else will speak up and aid her attempt.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


Mythic power surges through Nitre's words, giving them strength and lending more authority to her words.

1d6 ⇒ 6

They agree to join the Society if anyone can help them with their worm-wounds, which you can manage. You are able to arrange transport back to Edo, where you get your well deserved rest. The power of the sage seems to fade as you travel further from the sanctum, until only a whisper of it is left within you.

So ends the saga of Destiny in the Sands.

Done, unless you guys want to RP more. Otherwise I'll get sheets up later today.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

And its a bit better than dying in the desert. Stormy adds. But she comes across a bit too strong.

Diplo Assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

1,101 to 1,121 of 1,121 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.