SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


951 to 1,000 of 1,096 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Hoping to draw the creature to her Stormy moves to the side and casts produce flame and throws fire at it. Her cat moves to guard her/.

produce flame, range touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Still waiting on Iago's actions within the grapple. Farzinel thinks it's a Behir, and a young example of the breed at that. (1 question.)

____

Nitre
Iago (-30)
Behir (-10)
Farzinel
Stormy

____

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Whoops!

Iago, unable to deal with the creature with his greatsword, attempts to regain control of the grapple.

Grapple Reverse, Mythic Surge: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 10 + (1) = 26

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Having already seen the creature grab and constrict to horrific effect, Farzinel evaluates what other special attacks the creature may be capable of.
Special attacks, please?


Iago is barely able to wriggle out of the creature's grasp, while Farzinel learns that had Iago not done so, he would have been subject to being swallowed whole, or possibly raked with up to 6 claws. He also knows there's a breath weapon possible as well. The creature seems to want its chew toy back, and strikes out at Iago once again!

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

A very fortunate Iago doesn't get eaten... this turn!

____

Nitre
Iago (-30)

Behir (-10)
Farzinel
Stormy

____

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Get out of there Iago. Stormy urges as she throws fire at the creature.

produce flame, range touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"In addition to its teeth, coils, and claws, that young behir likely has a breath weapon!" Farzinel shouts in warning. "We should split keep our distance and keep apart."

Does Farzinel know what type of breath weapon?

If so:

Farzinel casts resist energy (of the same type) upon Nitre. He then moves westward. To red "X"

If not:

Farzinel casts mirror image on himself. He then moves northward towards Iago. To green "X"

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"I'm sorry a breath WHAT?" says Iago as he slashes at the creature's throat.

Die creature, Die!: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 8 ⇒ (1, 5) + 11 + 8 = 25

He looks back over his shoulder to Stormy and her cat. "I HOPE THAT FIRE IS HEALING FIRE!!!"

Spending another Mythic Point to slash at it then move.

Die creature, Die!: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + 8 = 24

With a final slash, Iago begins to run towards the druid, hoping his armor will hold against the incoming giant salamander blow.

Provoking all day, all night and weekends too.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre looks around at the cluster she stands in the middle of, and recognizes the attractive target it must be given Farzinel's warning. "Biter, stay with me!" She quickly darts out of the scrum, stopping briefly to fire another bolt at the creature before looking for better ground from which to continue her attack.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: attack behir

+1 heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage, P: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Farzinel thinks it is a ZAPPY one.

Eat Iago (AoO): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

It tries to snap up a tasty Iago snack, but misses once more. It scampers down onto the ground and tries to cook its food before it eats it!

Breath Weapon: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5) = 30 Reflex Saves from Iago and Stormy please.

____

Nitre
Iago (-60) (-45 on save)

Behir (-69)
Farzinel
Stormy (-30) (-15 on save)

____

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Doubt if that makes the DC

As an immediate action Stormy activates Absorb Blow, which does three things. It absorbs 15 points of the damage. It gives her DR 1/Epic for a minute and it gives her 5 points of electric resistance. So she should only take 10.

She then calls out Don't stand in a line between me and that thing!

She uses a second mythic point to use Inspired Spell to cast Cure Serious wounds on Iago while saying I am NOT a healer. This causes her to loose the rest of her fire spell.

Cure Serious: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 7 = 21

Then she moves and her cat to move to flank and they both attack. The cat moves first so it might provoke.Costs another mythic point. for he attack.

Claw: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 161d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (1) = 6

MW Cold Iron Scimitar: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 211d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Is it an action for that attack? Or the spell? Because I'm fairly certain at least one would be a swift, and your immediate used your swift for this turn.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Nope. Agree the swift is used on Absorb Blow. Standard to cast. Move to move, and mythic point free action to activate Amaizing Initiative. to gain an extra standard action to attack. Expensive round.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre loads her crossbow as she continues to slowly create space on the battlefield, and she fires the bolt at the beast, but to little success. Still, her attack didn't go unnoticed... the behir seems to flinch at the strike and Nitre calls out an opening that she sees. "Stormy, it hesitates; strike now!"

Actions:

5' step
Move: load crossbow
Standard: attack behir
Swift: Decisive Strike on Stormy

+1 heavy crossbow, point-blank shot, precise shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
Damage, P, point-blank shot: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Decisive Strike wrote:
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to give one ally within 30 feet the ability to immediately make a single melee or ranged attack on your turn. Add your tier as a bonus on the attack roll. The damage dealt by this attack bypasses all damage reduction. This attack doesn’t count toward the ally’s actions on its turn.

Decisive Strike (Stormy): immediately make a melee or ranged attack at +3 bonus (no action cost to Stormy)

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Iago feels the heat blast around him and grits his teeth before feeling Stormy's soothing touch. "Thanks "Notahealer", I'm Iago" he mocks, before turning back around to give the creature a thrashing.

Die creature, Die!: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 8 ⇒ (4, 5) + 11 + 8 = 28

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Seeing the creature already taking substantial damage, yet still posing a serious threat, Farzinel summons upon a reserve of mythic power within him and fires an array of force bolts at the behir\.

Use of Legendary Magic to cast magic missile at 5th-level.
Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 = 9


Eat Cat (AoO): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

It snaps at the cat as the cat moves into flank, but the various blows bring the creature low and it joins the dead worm on the desert floor, bleeding out. Combat Over.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

I think you can save your mythic point there Nitre. We did not need it.

Breathing hard Stormy takes out a wand of cure light and begins to tend to people's wounds. If you need healing roll charges of cure light and let me know how many you used.

Cure Light: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11 2 charges brings Stomry to full.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Okay, took back the mythic point.

Nitre rushes over to Iago. "Are you okay? That thing looks like it tore you up!"

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"It is good to see that you are still among us, Iago." Farzinel notes with a smile, before he bends down to examine the remains of the behir, drawing out some ink for a quick sketch.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago collapses down upon the sand, panting heavily. "Remind me... To buy Stormy... A drink... And a smoking hot Calistrian with six-packs for days for a night" he replies to Nitre.

He produces his wand of curative magics. "In the meantime, could you hit me with this a couple times?"

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

That should bring me to full.

"Yeah. I'm glad I'm not dead too. I'd take a set of scales, but I think I want to let it hollow out first. Yeah. That's it."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

New plan, let the creature come to us from now on. Stormy saws with a smile as she uses Iago's wand on him.


Combat having passed, you recall that you are in somewhat of a press for time. Now a respite of an hour with the use of mythic energy could rest you, or you could simply press on. That choice is yours. Once you do press on, you will need to deal with the heat, two fort saves vs heat exhaustion unless you have mitigated this, as you trek into the nearby mountains.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre, once she's made sure that Iago is healed and safe, looks ready to press on. She has very little in the way of daily use abilities that need to be refreshed, but she will wait with the others if anybody needs to take that hour rest. She won't use a mythic point during the hour though, there's no real benefit for her.

When the group is ready to continue after their adversaries, she cinches up her pack and gets ready to go.

Fortitude, endurance: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 = 28
Fortitude, endurance: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 = 23
She will use surge if either of those rolls fail

Surge:

Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Nah, DC's are pretty chill. You would basically have had to nat 1 to fail.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Before the party continues on, For again casts resistance on each of the party members, including himself and.his familiar.
+1 resistance bonus to saves

Fortitude, resistance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
Fortitude,resistance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Fortitude, resistance: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16
Fortitude,resistance: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

The bat tolerates the heat, only for a time


*cough* Farz might want to surge that 2nd fort save. *cough*

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Mythic Surge: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Mythic Surge: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Determined to keep pace with his allies, Farzinel draws upon mythic power to press forward.


You only needed to surge the 2nd one, and that passes.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Let me know when we get to the point where Iago must choose whether or not to read from the Tablets of Skelos (TM) to regain mythic power.

Iago, stuffing his wand back in his pants, gets back to his feet. "New plan sounds good. Let's go with that."

Endure Elements still applicable here?


Endure Elements is perfect for this. Still need saves from Stormy unless she also has endure elements up. And now would be a fine time to use the tablets, if you so choose. You just have to be under the open sky. (Not in a building / cave)

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy has Endure elements for herself and Iago. Sorry, but remind me about the tablets.


GM wrote:
A sheet of beaten gold. The sheet bears an inscription in Aklo that describes a prayer one can perform under the open sky to channel the power of the stars. Farzinel considers the ritual and that while it certainly would channel the power of the stars, it might also draw some unwanted attention from them as well.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Totally using those tablets.


After hours of hiking, the scarps on the sides of the canyon gradually descend, until the whole of the terrain becomes a gradual slope encircled by distant mountains and deep chasms. The rest of the adventure unravels at night.

The open valley offers an unobstructed view of the region, and you spot a campsite on a mountain nearby; the light of a campfire is clearly visible to the party just a few miles away. The signal soon disappears, but it is enough to confirm that you are on the right path. When you reach the campsite, over an hour later, you find a recently extinguished fire, bloodied bandages, and fresh tracks.

Heal or Perception DC 15:
Upon inspecting the bandages you can find thin, glassy worms caught in the gauze. You can identify these as the larvae transmitted by an akata’s bite—the same larvae that create void zombies—by also succeeding at a DC 20 Knowledge (dungeoneering) check.

I need another fortitude check against high altitude. You've been climbing quite some time.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

If the Fort save is a fail, Mythic surge:

Mythic surge: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Mythic surge: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"It would seem that we just missed our quarry." the wizard notes.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Fort, Stormy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Heal, Shade : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Stormy examines the bandages. Not good. she notes, explaining what she finds.

Heal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


Farzinel feels the air getting thin, but his mythic abilities prevent any ill effect.

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"So, they didn't fare as well against the akata? Hopefully, that slows them down so we can catch up."

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Alright. Well. Maybe we'll have some leverage over them to get the sage stones back." He frowns, and looks to Farzinel. "Farzinel, do you still have those tablets? I feel like channeling the power of the stars might be a good idea right about now."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Sounds good to me. Stormy agrees.


Anyone doing so, just state you are doing so. It takes one minute to perform the ritual, after which you regain 1d2+1 mythic power.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel reaches for the tablet. As he does, he feels pain, a reminder of the battle with the akata. He hands his wand of cure light wounds to Stormy. "If you would be so kind?"

Wand, CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand, CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Once his wounds have healed, he produces the tablet and performs the ritual.

Mythic power: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 4 / Marshall 3 | HP: 52/52 | AC: 19 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 (16 Fl) | F: +9, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +9, SM +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Nitre looks to the stars as others start performing the ritual. "I don't know... do I really want something from the Dark Tapestry peering down on me? I think I might wait..."

Nitre has only used 1 mythic power so far, so it doesn't make sense for her to recharge yet. Maybe later.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy channels the mythic power.

Mythic points: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago follows the cryptic, Weird instructions, channeling strange powers from beyond.

Mythic points regained: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


You perform the ritual and feel energy flowing into each of you. (That did the ritual, that is) Leaving the campsite, you follow a trail down the mountain, returning to a low pass altitude zone. The narrow and sinuous path down the mountain limits visibility, so you only spot your quarry just as the you reach the end of the trail.

Due to the twisting pathway, severe winds, and airborne sand, it is virtually impossible to target any creature more than two squares away;

Mythic Chase Rules:
While skilled and mobile adventurers generally enjoy chases, this kind of challenge can be tough for less agile warriors; however, characters blessed with mythic power have additional options during a chase that allow encumbered characters to excel and quick characters to truly shine. A mythic character can spend one use of mythic power once per round as a free action to do one of the following.

Against the Odds: Automatically succeed on one skill check or saving throw to overcome an obstacle. A PC must use this ability before attempting the skill check.

Clear the Path: When a PC exceeds the DC for the skill check or saving throw to overcome an obstacle, he removes all obstacles from that square. Have the player describe how his character punches handholds in a wall, smashes down a barrier, brushes away caltrops with the shockwave of his leap, or similarly defeats the obstacle in a mythic fashion.

Implacable Pursuer: For the duration of the chase, the PC ignores all armor check penalties and any reductions to his speed as a result of wearing armor.

Standard chase rules otherwise apply.

Round 1 begin!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Hmm. Don't you have to tell us what the obstacles are so we know what to roll? And is initiative important here. Seems like it would be.


Obstacles are on the map / handout page, running block init. Party may attempt either of the first two obstacles listed. If you succeed you may move your token to the next one.

951 to 1,000 of 1,096 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.