SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


801 to 850 of 1,098 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Theld considers all he has heard and seen here. He is both anxious and excited about the possibility of a conflict.

Who is The Beast's true champion, Iago or the skald?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

If you are going to help with a diplomatic resolution/Iago's next diplomacy check, you should roll ahead of time. If you have a better modifier, you might want to consider taking the lead, and Iago will assist.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"We have no love of violence." Farzinel remarks, then glances at Theld. "Well, most of us, anyways."

The wizard then continues, "I had erected the illusory wall in an effort to avoid any conflict--as I said before, we are here seeking knowledge--but you obviously saw through my craft. Nevertheless, though the ruse was discovered, there does not seem to be any reason we cannot reach a peaceful resolution. Again, I ask--what in particular is it that you seek?"

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Its possible that we have seen such a weapon...

Diplo: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

lol. Its likely obvious that Stormy is not in favor of turning over the weapon.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

So be it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Iago steps up to the man, face to face and says: "You need a weapon to prove your valor? Well. I need to sell a weapon to bring back a companion from the dead."

He ponders his next words for a moment, his face lacking any sense of the same joviality he had before the dwarf's passing. "I have no doubt that your quest has... Great meaning to you. If you want to sully its meaning by robbing from those who are willing to sell it to you once they return to their base in Eto, then I am more than happy to meet your challenge. But I'm not going to throw away my only chance at getting a cleric to bring her" he adds, pointing at Nitre's body for added weight "back from Pharasma's boneyard just for the honor of a stranger." He shrugs, cracking his neck with a long, drawn out sigh. "So. What'll it be, northerner?"


The "Northerner" as he is called, looks Iago up and down, and looks to be in turmoil. "Very well. I will explore these ruins with you, and take my part of their treasures, but I will not take what you have found already. You have need to raise your companion, and that is commendable, but I will not be swayed!"

All that talk seems to be just that, talk, for as the room trembles, the brazier in the center of the table ignites with emerald fire, and the spectral form of the Sage of Plagues rises from the flames to attack. Yjalk and his group, terrified by the sight, flee immediately.

Dice:
Akhenethys: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Stormy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Theld: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Farz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Iago: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Enemies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The sage looks around the room, his eyes settling on Iago. "You. Give it to us." This one doesn't wait for an argument, and launches itself at Iago. Its spectral fingers barely miss Iago. The evil causes a mound of corpses to animate in a corner near Farzinel. It rises and strikes at him! 7 damage, and all within 30 feet of the creature must make a DC 12 Fort vs. Nauseated. Creatures are undead. Party may act.


Also to note, the one attacking Iago looks fairly incorporeal, and the other seems very corporeal.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

"Oh I'm going to give it to you alright" hisses Iago as he sidesteps to the side of the pillar.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Fort Save (GM reroll): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 5 = 24

Greatsword, Power Attack (Magic!): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 + 6 = 22

"And once I'm done giving it, you can go f~~~ right off!" he continues, the blade running straight through the undead's form and seemingly shredding away some of its matter.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12
ScorchedOne wrote:
The evil causes a mound of corpses to animate in a corner near Farzinel. It rises and strikes at him! 7 damage, and all within 30 feet of the creature must make a DC 12 Fort vs. Nauseated. Creatures are undead. Party may act.

If I am reading the map correctly, the corpses are near Theld and Farzinel's bat familiar (Kadri), rather than Farzinel. Did they move away from Farzinel after striking him?

Will save (DC 12): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Keeping his gut in check, Farzinel seeks refuge among his allies and pulls out a scroll of magic missile.

Scarab Sages

Male N Diminutive Magical Beast (bat familiar)
Skills:
Fly +16, Perception +9
| HP 10/10 AC 17 T 16 FF 15 | CMB -2, CMD 3 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 (blindsense 20 ft.), SM: +2 | Speed Fly 40 ft. (good) 5ft (land) | Melee: bite +7 (1d3-4) | Space: 1 ft.; Reach: 0 ft. | Active conditions: None.

Fort save (DC 12): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

The bat is disgusted, but not nauseated. The winged creature cautiously flies away. Withdraw


Sure, Theld was the one attacked. I assumed it was Farzinel due to the bat being adjacent. Theld will not be struck, then. Barely.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Fort save vs DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Is this an ongoing effect? Asking for a friend.

Feeling a thump on his armor, Theld turns in surprise. He brings his greataxe at hip level, calling on 'The Beast' to aid in his devastation. With cold eyes, he offers, "Sacrifice."

Ax of Come get Some! {Destructive Smite}: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 211d12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

Destructive Smite (Su): You gain the destructive smite power: the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a morale bonus on damage rolls equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1). You must declare the destructive smite before making the attack. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. {4/5 uses remaining}

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

If I recall correctly, we have a scroll of Ghostbane Dirge that we found earlier. I don't recall who took it, but it's on the cleric spell list so it would have made the most sense for Theld to have it.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Akhenethys steps back and casts Glitterdust, affecting only the incorporeal creature.

Glitterdust does work on undead, so it needs to make a will save, DC 18, or be blinded.

If we determine that Akhenethys has the scroll, he would also pull it out as a move action so that someone else can read it.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy moves to flank the incorporeal creature with her enchanted shillelagh.

shillelagh: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 312d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

Confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 282d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

If only one could crit ghosts without ghost touch :(

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Any incorporeal actually, but stormy does not know about such things.


Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The creature does not make its save against the glitterdust, and is temporarily blinded.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

It does not find Iago in its blinded state as it screams with rage, and begins to babble incoherently. All must make a DC 15 will save or be fascinated.

Fascination: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 rounds

The enemy attacking Theld swings twice with its mighty limbs.

Attacks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Attacks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The cleric is knocked from his feet, with a resounding and eerie thud. I need two fort saves vs. disease, and a stabilization check, in that order please.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The incorporeal creature does not shake off its blindness.

GM:
Allip -17
Golem -10

Party may act.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Will save (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel looks up from the scroll in his hands and then cocks his head to listen as the creature begins to babble. The wizard finds that he is unable to do much else.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

??? What the heck? Paizo ate my post?

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Oh shut your damn mouth!"

Greatsword, Power Attack vs Babbler in Chief: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 + 6 = 21

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Fort vs Disease: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Fort vs Disease: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Stable?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Stable? GM reroll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Sigh.


Iago slices some more, Theld doesn't bleed out on the floor, though he does feel a festering take hold of himself as he lays there. His unconsciousness is filled with fitful dreamings of The Beast. Stormy and Farzinel find themselves distracted by babbling.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Miss Chance 1-50% Hit: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Wisdom Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 You also take 1 point of wisdom drain, Iago. DC 15 will negates the damage but not the drain.

The hulking undead monstrosity steps up and tries to wail on Iago as well.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

He does so, most efficiently, and the fighter takes multiple mighty blows. Fort vs. Disease, x2

Party may act, those that are not fascinated or unconscious. Akhenethys has 2 turns to execute.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Fort Save #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Fort Save #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Bruised, but undaunted, Iago goes for one more blow against the ghostly creature.

Greatsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 10 + 6 = 24

"That all you guys have?" he taunts, stepping back five feet to avoid getting flanked.


Iago fells the Allip, instantly ending the fascination effect! Good swing. Those previously fascinated may act.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"Well done, Iago!" Farzinel cries with appreciation as he comes to. Then, looking down at the scroll in his hands, he recites the magic words and sends a bolt of force toward the animated bones.

Magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"I really need to invest in a wand." the wizard notes to himself.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Dang, you just rolled 3 nat 20s in 4 rolls. Pretty darn good Iago.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Relieved to see the babbling creature fall Stormy steps up and attacks the remaining undead with her enchanted club.

shillelagh: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 242d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12

If the creature is still standing she calls her pet over to play.

Melee bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

All told... Lucky day for a lucky guy.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 I think that means I lose my second round of actions?

Akhenethys began summoning a monster to aid them, and it appears just as the babbling allip captures the wizard's attention. Though he is fascinated, the creature attacks.

Will for hyena: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Edit: Had the damage dice wrong.
trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


The golem continues its hard-hitting methods with Iago, basically ignoring the minor petty slashes and bites.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Neither of its blows ring true unlike the previous assault, however!

Party turn!

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Greatsword vs Golem: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 2 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 + 6 = 27

Iago goes for a disemboweling strike against the golem, sweat pearling around his brow. "Come on. Try harder."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel extends his fingers and sends an orb of acid toward the remaining golem.

Ranged touch attack (acid orb) into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5
Damage (acid): 1d3 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Both Stormy and her pet attack.

shillelagh: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 222d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10

Melee bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Melee claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Melee claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Theld lays very still.


Apologies, I had a post at one point for this but it must have been lost to the tumultuous chaos that is life.

Between the various slashing, bludgeoning, teeth, and claws, the large creature is felled! You are left standing in a room. One of you has gem fragments in a pocket. How do you proceed?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago, sword still in hand, goes back to his initial task: sweeping up the remains of the ruby. "If anyone sees anything that looks like two unbroken versions of this, let me know."

Is there a perception check to figure out what happened to the other two gems here?


There is not. You may recall you have a magic object from the first scenario that you were to use at this point in time.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago halts his dust-gathering process, grabs the geode from his pants and speaks the following into it: "We have found the remains of the ruby. No other signs of the other two gems. Scry me for location."


As promised, Amenopheus arrives 1 hour after Iago contacts him about the broken sage jewel. At first he bemoans the loss of the jewel, but he quickly realizes that the shards hold a glimmer of magic and may still contain several of the Ruby Sage’s memories. Amenopheus uses his magic to contact the spirit of the Ruby Sage, who briefly animates her nearby corpse and restores it to how she must have appeared in life. She thanks the group for putting her colleague’s spirit to rest and can explain the events that led to her death—the same events that led to her sage jewel’s near-destruction.

Through the gem, she has maintained a limited degree of awareness, and she also related that until only day before, the topaz and emerald jewels sat on this table alongside her. When the thief handled one of her shards, she was able to read his thoughts before he discarded the fragment and fled. She identifies the thief as a man named Kafar, who had intentions of delivering the jewels to the Diamond Sage in a region known as the Pillars of the Sun. It is there that the Jeweled Sages’ built their sanctum, but it strikes both her and Amenopheus as odd that the Diamond Sage would collect the gems there instead of finding new candidates to become sages elsewhere in Osirion. Amenopheus voices his concern that the Diamond Sage’s actions are not typical for the order, and he is dismayed that the jewels may be in the hands of known enemies of the Pathfinder Society.

Sharing her fellow sage’s concern, the Ruby Sage offers her power—mythic power—to the group if they are willing to chase down the thief Kafar, reclaim the stolen jewels, and find the Diamond Sage to learn what she intends.

With that said, her corpse slumps and returns to its desiccated form.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Any help for Nitre?[/b] Stormy would certainly ask.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Also checking that someone dropped a CLW on me. I was stable, but below zero.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

If no one else has a wand to spare, Akhenethys will use his potion to heal the cleric.


If no one did so before his arrival, Amenopheus will revive Theld. Lamentably he is not able to restore Nitre.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago purses his lips, clearly angry and frustrated. "This journey has gone from bad to worse." He points to Nitre, slumped in the corner. "We lost a Pathfinder, only to get beaten to the punch by two thieves? Only to grab the dust of a gem?" he asks rethorically, his voice rising in anger. He stops, and takes a deep breath, and continues: "So. How much money do we have here? I assume we're going to try and bribe one of the god's servants into pulling her out of the line at Pharasma's All-You-Can Eat buffet."

GM, can you look over what we have here, and is there enough for a raise dead?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Aye. I'd give all we found and more to bring her back. Stormy confirms.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel nods in agreement.

Farzinel is willing to contribute whatever is possible for the raise.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

I don't have much, but willing to chip in.


Posting in discussion for out of game discussion.

801 to 850 of 1,098 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.