SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core)

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps


751 to 800 of 1,098 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Theld nudges Iago, "Champion... find glory."

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel tries to see what everyone seems to interested in looking at.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Taking the hint...

Nitre pushes past, growing bored of inspecting the archway. "Nothing to see here; let's keep moving." She moves through the archway into the room beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Nitre steps into the hallway, and a whirlwind of blinding, burning sand comes up and shreds at her.

Fire: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 2, 4, 1, 6, 5) = 31 Reflex Save please.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

Damnit, I thought I posted that I was using detect magic, but I see that I didn't. Can I just make it a thing that whenever I stop to do a perception check I also cast detect magic?

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

And that's what I get for listening to the GM's goading. It's been fun folks.


I was not goading you, I was more trying to push forward. One of the level 4/5's would have been the ideal front person, not the level 1 ranger. Do you have a reroll?

Scarab Sages

Female LN Dwarven Ranger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM +0 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Shirt reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

I'd been away all weekend, so I was feeling like I was overdue to post; I hate being the cause of the game dragging. Since you'd posted not once but twice pushing the action, I decided that since nobody else was stepping up, I should get it going.

Bad call, obviously.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

Can I give them my reroll, with a +2 GM star bonus?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

I've been away all weekend myself, and I was waiting for someone else to try and spot the trap. I mean, I've been trying not to meta here. However, if the GM will allow it, I'll spend my reroll to go first and eat that trap.

Because yes, Iago isn't going to let the inexperienced Pathfinder go on in first. But I'd like to at least offer everyone else the opportunity to look for traps; but it seems that after I try a couple others try and half the party is just discouraged by the fact that with my modifier, I haven't found anything. Ladies, gents, I roll really bad all the time. Roll Perception! It's fun!


Rerolls can't be shared, unfortunately (unless you have something that specifically contradicts me, specific overrides general). Does anyone have such an object on his/her person? Normally this would be when I'd say something like "thank god for retail bonus" but we don't have that.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

A campaign coin? I don't think anyone does. Any thoughts about my offer?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Did that see the trap? I doubt it. If so perhaps she could have given warning?

Stormy looks on aghast as Nitre triggers the fire trap.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

Drat! I just went through all my boons and chronicle sheets, but nothing useful for our current situation. Maybe if Stormy has a re-roll available for her Perception check to notice the trap?


No one has perceived the trap. That's part of why I gave my semi-vague note to Iago to roll it, since he had stated that he was taking 10 and you can't take 10 on perception for traps.

Sand whips up, obscuring vision. When the sand dies down and clears, you see what remains of Nitre's charred body lying on the floor. The damage is severe, and those among you trained in healing can tell that she is not coming back from this without some serious divine aid. As the last of the sand falls to the ground, the chamber is silent, as silent as it gets.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago rushes in, a curse on his lips as he dives down besides Nitre's body. Not again. Come on be alive; COME ON!

A few moments later, he is forced to come to terms with the reality of the matter: Nitre is gone.

"F+*~. F&~#. F+&~. F!*#."

He slowly gets back up to his feet, imperceptibly nodding, before grabbing the body with both hands. "Theld. Farzinel. Akhenethys. Stay back. Use the wand if you need it. Follow in my exact tracks. Stormy, keep your eyes peeled" he says, in a quiet tone of voice.

And without a further word, he steps through the room to the other side.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy follows Iago but has her cat stay in the back guarding the people there. As she passes Nitre she says a silent prayer, closes the ranger's eyes and picks up the enchanted scimitar. We do not abandon you brave one. We will not leave your remains here but will carry them back across the sands with us.


This large columned chamber shows signs of past comforts, but an ancient battle scorched the walls and ceiling, and cracked and smashed the floor and columns. The remnants of furniture are scattered against the walls, and piles of bodies are stacked in the sleeping alcoves along the south and west walls. A dais crowned with a great, round table rises from the floor in the south part of the room. Three corpses sit around the table as if in conference, each dressed in fine silk robes. A slight breeze whistles through with a sound like a distant, murmuring voice, but there is no sense or meaning in it. An open hallway to the north leads to a natural cavern. Stairs lead downward in the northeast corner of the room, but were buried in stone when the wall collapsed.

The group can hear the sound of echoing footsteps and voices approaching from back the way you had come. You would estimate someone will be entering the chamber shortly, and you don't think they will be friendly. You have a few rounds to explore before someone arrives.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

I think the GM would have said something if we could retcon this by now. I'm afraid we'll have to continue without Nitre.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

This time Akhenethys does Detect Magic in all directions before continuing.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Is there a new map? I am unsure where we are at the moment.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

The cleric seems confused. Never before has an ally fallen so close to him. Though dedicated to The Beast, and a confirmed agent of destruction, Theld feels...sadness?...anxiousness?

Hearing the approaching voices draws the man out of his reverie. Theld feels his pulse begin to quicken as he unslings his axe.


Same map. I moved your tokens into the room you are in now.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy will move Nitre's body into the room and cast Bull's Strength on herself.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel pauses to consider the loss he has just seen. He has almost expected he humans to die, but the dwarf?!? Suddenly, the world seems far less certain than it had before. He casts detect magic and scans the chamber.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Detecting magic, you sense something in a broken ruby gem on the table, but otherwise only what you yourselves have brought.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

"A ruby -- perhaps a ruby sage jewel!"

Akhenethys rubs his hands, but moves forward very cautiously. Making sure mage armor is still up.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago sets Nitre's body to the side. "I'd stay away from that. And I'd ask, how in the name of all the gods did that break, and is it capable of breaking us? I'd also consider that we are about to have company" he states, very matter-of-factly, before moving to the other side of the entryway with his sword in hand.


Akhenethys Bin Lisimba wrote:

Akhenethys rubs his hands, but moves forward very cautiously. Making sure mage armor is still up.

It has been fewer than 3 hours, probably fewer than 1, so yes?


Any other actions before friends arrive?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

If time allows Stormy will cast shillelagh from her wand.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"Do we know, for certain, that the approaching foes are after the same object that we are? For, if so, I could disguise the entrance to this chamber with an age of a wall. Alternatively, I could make the pit outside appear as a solid floor with. silent image spell." Farzinel suggests.


Time allows, figure a round or so. Anyone else, or ready to move on?

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

My sword is drawn, but I'm not brandishing it threateningly. Apart from that, I'm ready to move on.

"Do what you must. But remember, our mission and Nitre's recovery are our primary concerns. I couldn't give a damn about their well being. That said, I'm going to see if I can't coax them into doing the hard work for us. If your illusion doesn't fool them."


Once I have Farzinel's action, we'll proceed.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

Farzinel casts silent image and an illusory wall conceals the chamber now holding the party.

Illusory wall noted on map with yellow-dotted border.

Dark Archive

M | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7 | Active Conditions: None.

I have one casting of Bless left, but I am waiting until I know we are in a fight before I drop it.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (garundi) Conjurer 3 | 17/17 HP | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +3 Wi +3 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | Acid Dart 6/8 | Arcane Bond 1/1

We haven't actually picked up the jewel, right?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

I don't think so but I sorta wish someone would.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

Iago, taking advantage of the new set of interlopers' caution, moves sideways towards the remains of the red gem and scoops it into his pocket before returning to his original spot.


A group begins approaching. At their fore you see a man, having the look of a classic viking perhaps save for his bald head. As they approach the wall where moments before there was one, he tests it with a hand, and then with a sword. Once he strikes it he grins, and then passes through it. The rest of his group, seeing their leader pass through what is seemingly a wall, have little trouble following him through.

"Vell, vell, seems as tho ve are not ze first to arrive. Who arrr you, vy is you here?" His accent is clearly Skald, he speaks the common tongue with a strong slant toward that language. With him are a woman and another soldier.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy reacts negatively to the tone and questioning but does not go so far as to threaten. Yes we are here, and were here first. We have fought the guardians here and defeated many traps, and won, even though the cost was high. So you are late to the game. Perhaps you should leave?


The large man shakes his head. "I haff come for a veapon, to kill a dragon. Once I haff this, I leave. Not before."

Also wrong tier, there are 3 additional soldiers with him and the woman, not just 1.

Scarab Sages

Male NG Elf (desert) Wizard 3 Spells: 2nd 3+1/3+1; 1st 4+1/4+1; Orisons 4;0 Mythic 8/9 | HP 20/20 AC 18 T 17 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +14 | Perc: +4, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft 20 ft. (w/all gear)| Active conditions: mage armor.
Skills:
Kn (arcana, history, local) +12, Kn (plane, religion, nature) +11, Know (dungeon) +10, Linguistics +12, Spcft +12

"What does this 'veapon' look like?" Farzinel asks. "Perhaps, we could give a clue for you of where to find it. We have come only for knowledge and have little interest in violence."

Mostly, true statement. However, if needed...
Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

GM, what kind of check would we have to make to let these people go ahead and eat whatever traps are left here for us?


You are in the final room of this adventure. There are no other "traps" to "eat". It will be a diplomacy to convince these fine folks to depart in peace, and you may offer them items which can help them slay dragons for potential bonuses.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Such a weapon would be worth quite a bit of gold. You would expect us to just give it to you if we found it? We have lost one of our own already. We will require quite a bit of gold to have her raised. Such a weapon as you seek might on its own fetch the required sum.


The woman with him speaks up. "It is his destiny! Destiny has called us here, and we will have the weapon, whether you give it or whether we take it!" He silences her, not in a misogynistic fashion but more in that she is not helping the situation.

"It is as Signe has said, I must have the weapon to slay the beast. I have need of it, and if needs must, I will take it from you by force. I have no desire to kill such fine folk though, and pray we can end this without conflict as well." He's a bit gruffer, but he does still seem willing to resolve this without coming to blows. Your loss has touched him, to a point, but he will not be swayed from his goals either.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human [AC: 22/12 tch /21 ff; H63/63; Frt +8, Ref +4, Will +9, +4 vs fey and plants; Init +4; Perc +11 Druid 5

Stormy knows she is not helping diplomatically and bites her lip not allowing the retort on her lips to be vocalized. She looks to the more diplomatic in the group to speak before she ruins the chance for a peaceful solution.

I want to take these clowns down, but I get the feeling that others may not want to.

Scarab Sages

Male CN Human Fighter 5/Champion 3 | HP: 64/64| AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9 CMD: 20| F: +6, R: +2, W: +4 (+1 vs Fear) | Init: +4 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft |Hard to Kill | Mythic Power 6/9 (+1d6), Fleet Charge, Fleet Warrior, Impossible Speed, Penetrating Damage, Amazing Initiative, Recuperation | Active conditions:None.

GM only:
I am well aware of that. Iago is not. He suspects that there might be another trap. I on the other hand know that normally it is only after these clowns leave that Spooky McSpooksperson appears and things go down. What I am asking is if Iago cannot convince them to go ahead, step on the dais, trigger the magical reveal that noone here will actually be surprised by, take some hits, get hurt, possibly die, and then we mop up the rest?

751 to 800 of 1,098 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SO Destiny of the Sands 1 (Core) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.