Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


10,201 to 10,250 of 16,204 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>

Evil GM

RD 3: updated

Felicitas - cast spell failed
Grung - sling missed
Death Machine - disappeared
Desmond - dazed rd 1 of 3
Grimm
Kalim - dazed rd 1 of 5
Karnog - prot from evil cast


Evil GM

Grimm looks around for the creature to attack but sees nothing, "He's gone invis'ble or damn tellyport'd 'imself t'safety."

RD 4:

Felicitas -
Grung -
Death Machine -
Desmond -
Grimm
Kalim -
Karnog -


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Who are all wounded? Let us fast heal


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog channels to heal anyone hurt.

5d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 5, 4) = 19 HP healed


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Ahhhhh!" Desmond jerks out of it and shakes his head. "What in the nine hells was that?! I couldn't even move..."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A demon, of some variety or other. A rather large one, to boot."


Evil GM

RD 4: Demon

DM Only:

The creature acts.

RD 4:

Felicitas - gives direction
Grung -
Death Machine - acts
Desmond - comes around form being dazed
Grimm
Kalim -still dazed another 3 RDs
Karnog - heals 19 HP


Evil GM

Unless anyone is planning to do something else, this part of confrontation has ended for the time being.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Cannot see, cannot shoot. I dread its return but theres not much Karnog can do.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Same for Grung


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

same!


Evil GM

The party heals up and resumes their position in the cave. Making sure that they have sufficient guards in case the demon comes back. the rest of the evening passes without incident.

Which way are you heading now?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I want to propose that we start killing things now. No more running away.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Now, now, friend Grungsdi. That thing did run away from us, not the other way around."

Karnog grins at the warrior's exuberance.

"I expect you will get your wish soon enough."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"You know Grungsdi, it seems your fame is spreading. Our enemys know, they just await their certain doom. Now they are just... so fearful... they run away!" With a knowning smile Felicitas pats Grung on his shoulder.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Bah, I hate outsiders. They fight dirty." The backstabbing rogue announces.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Whilst dazed and unable to move, a strange tumor bursts forth from the left side of Kalim's neck.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Oh. Is that a normal spellcaster thing?" Desmond asks.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog evaluates the new growth on Kalim.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 heal check

"A sudden growth like that? No, that is far from normal, spellcaster or mundane. Was he wounded by the demon?"


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"He looks quite infested! I know of some evil monster who reproduce that way. Beware!"


Evil GM

Kill the monster, kill the monster, he's bewitched and possessed by the demon!


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Gah! Demon son of a s#!~! Where'd it go?" Kalim turns to the tumor. "It left?! ...must have frightened it. No, not you. Right." He turns back to his comrades. "What?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Kalim? You are speaking to a tumor which grew from the side of your neck with preternatural speed. This is very concerning, are you okay?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Uhhhhhh..." Desmond looks at Kalmin, then Karnog, then mini-tumor-Kalim, then down at his swords. Then he shakes his head. "This is above my pay grade."


Evil GM

It's the next morning and you need to decide which way you are heading. You can go down those stairs you recently discovered, or one of the other entrances that you know about.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Ah, of course. This is Bhagavāna Kī Ulṭī. He is ...a ...representative of the Void sent to me." It slowly, wetly detaches from Kalim and stretches out its "wings."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"If you are certain you are okay, I will take your word. But it still concerns me. An emissary of the Void acting through your body, and I assume your soul, is eery and scary. I will pray for your protection, as always."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond gags at the noise and turns to walk off. "I'm going to go scout. Over there. Away from here."


Evil GM

Desmond goes off on his own to clear his head and scout. the spellcasters do their thing. Grung and Grimm prep a hearty morning meal - perhaps their lasts - and discuss there next actions.

Is anyone going to do anything perhaps divine a course of action?

You all have many ways or entrances that you can head.


Evil GM

Desmond give me a perception check while you scout.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

No need to cook any longer!

Once his morning prayers are competed, Karnog begins humming a soft dwarven tune, happily setting about seemingly pretend-crafting a full banquet style meal for the group.

As his hands pass over blank space and empty ground wisps of steam coalesce and begin to solidify. The whole process takes ten minutes to compete, but by the end a sumptuous meal of meat, bread, and all sorts of delicious dwarven cuisine lays on a beautiful table, just waitin to be enjoyed.

Karnog says a brief dwarven blessing to Torag before sitting down and waves the party over.

"Please, my friends, sit. Eat and rejoice, for the Creator has blessed us with his bounty and love on this day."

Casting Heroes' Feast.

Stats:
You bring forth a great feast, including a magnificent table, chairs, service, and food and drink. The feast takes 1 hour to consume, and the beneficial effects do not set in until this hour is over. Every creature partaking of the feast is cured of all sickness and nausea, receives the benefits of both neutralize poison and remove disease, and gains 1d8 temporary hit points + 1 point per two caster levels (maximum +10) after imbibing the nectar-like beverage that is part of the feast. The ambrosial food grants each creature that partakes a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves and a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against poison and fear effects for 12 hours.

If the feast is interrupted for any reason, the spell is ruined and all effects of the spell are negated.

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Temp HP to everyone for 12 hrs


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 +5 vs traps


Desmond you make your way back hear that "new" cave opening with the stairs leading down. You take up a position a healthy distance way. Seeing if you notice any giants or other undesirables. To your amazement you observe a shuffling hoard of zombies emerging like rats. To your eyes it looks like there are 50, or more, shuffling out groaning and flailing about.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Oh. Desmond sneaks back to the party. "So I found about..." Desmond starts counting on his fingers. "50 zombies? At that new entrance. I think a good channel would be a welcome gift for them."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Best meal we've had in ages and of course a bunch of undead wastes of flesh and arcana interrupts."


squishy sounds:
"How disappointing indeed."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

At the meal Felicitas and Aurora eat with vigor. "This is a very, very excellent spell you can cast. You have my thanks!"
"A channel or a decent fireball. Means we do not have to get closer!"


Evil GM

Felicitas from what Desmond describes it sounds like he witnessed a "hoard", you've heard about these before. Hoards are similar to swarms in their attacks but with larger creatures usually medium sized. Unlike a swarm, when a hoard is broken apart some individual creatures will continue to fight on as individuals.


Male, Ac 22,T16,FF18, F4,R6,W5, Fly 23, Dipl +9Perception 12, Stealth 17,UMD 13 SR 13 Ini+3 Faerie Dragon Familiar

Telling her comrades about it.. Felicitas stresses the danger of the hoard.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Fireballs would be preferable, that would keep us at range."


Evil GM

So what is the game plan?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"My channels will damage them, but I would need to be close by. I can also create a temporary wooden structure to funnel them through, keeping their numbers from overwhelming us. Of course, a large area, long range attack like fireball would be spectacular."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

So fire them. It decided


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Very well." Kalim moves to a vantage point and lets loose. DC 20 fireball: 11d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 3, 3, 6, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1) = 29


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Fireball caps at 10d6, btw


Evil GM

I'll take the last dice off his fireball roll, when it's his turn.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung sets himself up at the font of the cave or what not ready to confront the horde


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog stands at the ready as well, planning on channeling positive energy once the horde comes within reach.

6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 4) = 30 Positive Energy, DC 17 for half


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond does what he does best; hides, waiting for the right opportunity.

Stealth: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (11) + 25 = 36


Evil GM

I'll set up the current field this afternoon. I need to put together a battle map.

Karnog:
During you morning prayers you receive Torag's blessings. You are renewed with spells and have been blessed with additional power (access to level spells). However, you did not receive all of your 5th level spells this time, rather Torag choose to commune with you.

I'm going to provide you a lot of background information and torag will permit you up to 3 direct questions to be answered.

10,201 to 10,250 of 16,204 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.