[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


451 to 500 of 615 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

If Yanda were to toss a splash weapon at a ring would the splash damage affect all the rings?


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra, bored, returns to chomping on the blue circles.

bite,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 141d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt wastes no time in the name of efficiency. Immediately he retrieves his wand to cure his pet Terra, and soon returns back to attempting to solve the puzzle through engineering means.

cure eidolon lesser wand: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
cure eidolon lesser wand: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

GM:
Kitt speaks Terran and Auran.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera pulls out her wand of cure light wounds and uses it on Yarricki twice. Then she moves back to the rings and tries to study them closely. "What can we learn?"

CLW Yarricki: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life
Firewarden Yanda wrote:
If Yanda were to toss a splash weapon at a ring would the splash damage affect all the rings?

Or would any area affect attack do so?

Sovereign Court

3.0

Not sure if this is still needed
will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The threat of the statues resolved, Dovian resumes trying to disable the remaining circles
disable device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Splash damage to all other circles seems viable, Yanda. AoE spells also seem like the could work. I've asked the questions to the other GM's, just for a quick double-check.

Kitajo starts 'working' on the blue circle. His first attack isn't powerful enough to damage the blue ring, but she second is. Compounded with the damage that was already done, this is enough to disable it.

Terra grinds down on the other blue circle, dealing minor damage. Kitt heals his eidolon with whatever spell he has available for the job (:P), then resumes his own work on the facets of the prison. However, he fails to make progress this time around.

Shera heals Yarricki, then studies the circles for a while. One of them has been destroyed so far, four of them are still intact. You know they have hardness, and know the effects of the warding circles. It takes a Knowledge Planes or Arcana to learn about the other three. I spoilered the information above, but no one made the appropriate check at that time. Shera, you could still make an action against the circles or puzzle this phase.

Dovian has no more luck than Kitt in dealing with the puzzle. He fiddles with another of the facets and thinks he's manages to break it apart. However, just when he thinks he has it, it turns out he was only working in a mirage and the real puzzle was something else entirely.

Both Kitt and Dovian are punished for trying to unlock the prison, and have to deal with the fear-inducing red haze. (Dovian, the previous fear effect had worn off already if you would have failed the Will save. However, you have to make a new one, regardless).

--

STATUS TRACKER - Bold may still act this phase.

Kitt (-1), Terra (-6. mage armor, 40 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 4 minutes left)
Shera (-3. Morningstar -2, broken)
Kitajo (mage armor, 40 minutes left)
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Yanda ()
Dovian ()

Blue 1 (Warding) (disabled)
Blue 2 (Warding) - (-3)
Green (?) - ()
Red (?) - ()
Teal (?) - ()

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
Kitt, Dovian - Will save DC 15 or shaken until end of next encounter. On 9 or less, start to suffocate.

Sovereign Court

3.0

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Cursing the mirage, Dovian shakes off the cloying red haze that surrounds both him and Kitt.

"Dammit, this thing is harder than it looks"

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Indeed! We have to persevere friends!" Kitt says as he wipes the sweat of his brow. The will to solve the puzzle is much stronger than any fear.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

@GM: according to this post Dovian was attempting to disable a circle, not a polyhydron puzzle

Healing phase
"Thank you again for keeping me in the fight Shera!"

Yarricki casts barkskin on herself (lasts 40 minutes, AC in spoiler adjusted)

Solving phase
Yarricki and Thunder strike at the other warding circle

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 3 = 12

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda picks a spot away from the others and targets the remaining blue ring (or green if the blue ring has been destroyed by the time it gets to her init) with a bomb.

+7/1d6+5, 7 splash bomb [rng: 20 ft; 20/x2*; fire] (+2[BAB] +3[dex] +1[tany] +1[pblank]/2d6 +4[int] +1[pblank]); DC 15 Reflex save for half splash damage

To Hit Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 to the remaining blue ring, 7 splash to the other rings and the polyhedron.

"Keep it up teammates. We got one, now let's do the next one!"


Maps: Absalom Initiation
Yarricki wrote:
@GM: according to this post Dovian was attempting to disable a circle, not a polyhydron puzzle

Thanks for catching that, I misread. Will correct on my next update. This means the second warding circle might be disabled before your turn, or after Thunder's attack but before Yarricki's. What would be your next target in priority?

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

I will follow Yanda and go for green and then red

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera put away her broken Morningstar, and pulls out her longbow. She casts the spell Deadeye's Arrow at the ring. (blue or green then red)

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Electrical Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
edit:I still shaken listed in Hero Lab


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Correction on earlier update:
Dovian crouches down to study the second blue circle. He has a nice point of entry where Terra broke off a piece of the circle, and he carefully chisels away a few central parts. Dovian is so skillfull that this immediately disables the second blue warding circle.

--

With both blue rings disabled, Yanda aims for the green one. It's an easy target and her bomb lands where she wants. There is a big explosion, but when the smoke clears it turns out that the circles aren't damage. The circles count as objects, so energy damage is unfortunately halved. That means the attack does not deal enough damage to bypass hardness, even with both warding circles disabled.
Edit: I'm sorry if I wasn't as clear earlier as I should have been on the circle's abilities. Here's the mechanics. The circles have hardness 8, and a moderate amount of hit points. As objects, the take half damage from all energy attacks (except sonic, which deals full damage.

Yarricki and Thunder follow Yanda's example and attack the green circle. Togethere, the demolish it. Shera then finishes with an arrow of electricity at the red circle. However, the lightning dissipates harmlessly into the ground.

--

There is then a rumble in the walls, and two more living statues step forth to confront the Pathfinders. Combat in the next post.

--

STATUS TRACKER

Kitt (-1), Terra (-6. mage armor, 40 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 4 minutes left)
Shera (-3. Morningstar -2, broken)
Kitajo (mage armor, 40 minutes left)
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 40 minutes left), Thunder
Yanda ()
Dovian ()

Blue 1 (Warding) (disabled)
Blue 2 (Warding) - (disabled)
Green (?) - (disabled)
Red (?) - ()
Teal (?) - ()


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The Pathfinders are again interrupted by two creatures emerging from the walls, this time from a white-tinted and black-tinted type of stone. They seem of the same shape as the creature faced earlier, and undoubtedly share the same strengths and weaknesses. It occurs to the Pathfinders that these two living statues lack a certain greenish tint that the earlier ones had. The hue is only noticeable now that it's missing.

Both of the statues wield longswords, well-made by the look of it. They do not spare a glance at the rubble that's left of their predecessors, or the weapons left by them. Instead, they single-mindedly stride forward and heave their weapons up high for an attack.

Two more Caryatid Columns. I made some mistakes on their abilities earlier, getting them mixed up with animated objects. The creatures have the standard construct traits, DR 5/-, do not have hardness, and take full damage from all energy attacks as normal. Whenever they are successfully attacked with a manufactured weapon (not a natural attack or unarmed strike), the weapon takes 3d6 points of damage (which I will roll). Any damage in excess of weapon hardness is applied to the weapon, and it gains the broken condition if it suffers damage like this.

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Caryatid Columns: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Characters in bold may act.

Kitt (-1), Terra (-6. mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 3,5 minutes left)
Dovian ()
Caryatid Columns: Black, White
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yanda ()
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 40 minutes left), Thunder
Shera (-3. Morningstar -2, broken)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
none


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Kitt gasps and touches his eidolon with a rich of guidance. Terra immediately reacts as she always does, recklessly with intent to cause pain to baddies. She moves to a position to give Kitajo a possible flank.

magic bite, guidance, bull's strength, power attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 241d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16

AoO:

magic bite, bull's strength, power attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 101d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 15

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian, recalling the previous encounter with these creatures, grimaces as he knows his cards would barely scratch them Need to learn how to better channel my arcane energies...

Instead, he extends his hand and mutters a few arcane syllables, causing the surface where the caryatid who is facing is standing to become slick.

std action to cast grease spell targeting the one in front of Terra, reflex DC14 or fall prone


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Terra knows that these creatures of earth aren't the most nimble, and she the black-speckled one where it hurts. Dovian follows us with a well-timed grease spell, that causes the living statue to fall over.

The statue responds by standing up, which gives Terra an opportunity for a second bite. The statue is an easy target, lying prone, and the eidolon takes another chunk out of the statue.

The statue locked in combat does stand up despite the damage, and retaliates against Terra. Its longsword digs into Terra's flank(, causing 7 damage). The other one advances to the nearest target, which happens to be Shera. The priestess is still surprised by the appearing creatures, and the longsword strikes dangerously close to her heart. However, her armor deflects the attack right at the last moment, preventing the worst of it. (Failed to confirm crit, still 11 damage to Shera.)

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1,2 - Characters in bold may act.

Kitt (-1), Terra (-13. mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 3,5 minutes left)
Dovian ()
Caryatid Columns: Black (-21), White
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yanda ()
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 40 minutes left), Thunder
Shera (-14. Morningstar -2, broken)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
none

GM rolls:

Reflex save, black: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Black, Terra: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
White, Shera: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
White, Shera confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Critical damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo sees that Terra has taken a considerable chunk out of the black statue and moves to attack it to try to finish it off.

Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra will hold assuming Kitajo comes in for the flank, once flank achieved will retaliate!

Frankly Terra is getting sick and tired of these creatures even though they are made of the same flesh. She holds for a good timing to end them.

magic bite, BS, PA, flank: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 1 + 2 = 291d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16

crit?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 261d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Nice Terra. I might have to look at how to get a companion of my own. Having a flank buddy is AWESOME :)


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Terra and Kitajo makes a great team, and between the two of them they take the black-speckled statue apart.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda just downs a shield extract and moves around the enemy to provide a different target and set up a flank for the eventual charge from Yarricki. I was able to do this without entering reach until the last step.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt draws his wand quickly like magic from his spring loaded wrist sheath and heads over to Terra to cure her.

rejuvenate eidolon lesser: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Swift to draw, move and heal

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki has waited for the combat to develop and decides that now that Yanda distracts it the time to charge has come!

Thunder bites the annoying statue, twists his great head and the statue finds itself on the ground. Just the spot where Yarricki was aiming her lance...

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Trip: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 + 6 = 26

Damage 42-10 = 32 and I assume prone, I hope the lance keeps resisting the shock of impact

If it is stupid enough to stand up:
Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9

Yanda, flanking with reach weapons and/or big creatures is weird. You did not provide the flank because the line that can be drawn from center to center of the flanking creatures needs to pass through two opposite sides of the flanked creature. Our line passed through bottom and right side of the flanked creature.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera doubles over in pain with the attack, and decides to full retreat to give Yarricki and Thunder room to move.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Oops. I forgot you had reach. I had expected you to end up on the diagonal but with reach you were able to end up to the right side. My mistake, but I don't know that it mattered.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1
Firewarden Yanda wrote:
Oops. I forgot you had reach. I had expected you to end up on the diagonal but with reach you were able to end up to the right side. My mistake, but I don't know that it mattered.

No problem, with these rolls I am certain I hit. Next level I will have sneak attack, so then it becomes important...


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The white-speckled one has nearly the same fate as its erstwhile companion: It is first smashing to almost nothing by Thunder and Yarricki, then finds itself flat on the ground. Like the other one, this living statue seems to follow the same protocols: It tries to stand up, but Thunder sees to it that it never makes it off the ground.

Yarricki lance damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) = 8
That doesn't bypass hardness. Thunder's AoO is enough to kill the creature, so Yarricki doesn't have to make a second attack with her lance.

COMBAT OVER

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Should we get back to the business of destroying rings? Hmmm. You just posted 3 minutes ago. I have a feeling you were not done.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

You beat me to it, Yanda. ;)

By now, the Pathfinders have fallen into a rhythm, if an uneasy one. Following their second battle against Ayrzul's defenders, they have a few seconds to catch their breath and recuperate before they need to resume their work on the circles and prison.

Same drill as before: Two rounds worth of actions to heal, buff or recover. Then the third phase in which to interact with the circles and the Vault. See slide 7 if you need a refresher on possible actions.

STATUS TRACKER

Kitt (-1), Terra (-8. mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 3,5 minutes left)
Dovian ()
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yanda ()
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 40 minutes left), Thunder
Shera (-14. Morningstar -2, broken)

Blue 1 (Warding) (disabled)
Blue 2 (Warding) - (disabled)
Green (?) - (disabled)
Red (?) - ()
Teal (?) - ()

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
none

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

If anyone ha a mending spell, use it during the recuperation period please.

Yanda gets busy using her disable device skills (and a little acid) to continue to destroy the red ring, or teal if already destroyed, or solve a facet if all the rings are destroyed, using her 'inspired' trait to roll twice.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Yarricki works with Yanda to destroy the last circles

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda's acid deals with the red ring very efficiently (disabled with roll of 26) While Thunder and Yarricki deal with the teal one by brute force.

All rings have been disabled. Only work on the Vault is needed now. Great job so far. Go go go! :D

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo moves up to the rings, opens his pack and draws out a small glass potion bottle. The liquid inside seems oily. He opens the bottle and rubs the oil into his fists. Potion of magic fang. +1 to attack and damage with my unarmed strikes for 10 rounds He then sets to work attacking one of the rings Red? Is it still up?

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt takes some time to heal his eidolon and cast some guidance on himself. He is clearly frustrated at the puzzle and wants to solve more!

rejuvenate Eidolon Lesser: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
UMD,Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra gives the puzzle a cold hard look.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Can I retcon my turn then please. Post went up as I was posting mine.

Kitajo will not pour oil on his hands and will not punch a non-existent ring. that would be silly.

He looks at the facets of the polyhedron. He tries to use his wisdom to unlock a secret.

Wisdom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian grins as he watches his teammates disable the rest of the circles "Great work guys"

He buckles down to start unlocking the polyhedron

disable device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitt, Terra, Kitajo and Dovian resume their efforts to cracks the puzzle of the Vault. The first thing they notice is that things look a lot sharper than before. The shimmering effect that twarted their efforts earlier is gone. Kitt channels a tiny bit of fake magic into one of the facets, which causes it to unlock. Terra stares at the puzzle for a while, but doesn't see anything that grabs her interest. Kitajo finds a koan that intrigues him. He meditates on it for a while, and eventually finds the answer - if barely.

Dovian then does what he does best: Taking things apart in style. He unlocks one facet with lightning speed, then finds an anagram puzzle written in Auran. He has no idea what any of the runes mean, but that doesn't stop him from finding the correct answer: "Ranginori, Duke of Thunder." (Dovian's exceptional result gives him two successes this phase. Great work!)

Looking over the rest of the facets, the Pathfinders are pretty sure that they've picked most of the easy ones (less hard ones, honestly). All the others look about the same difficulty. It definitely helps that the shimmering effect is gone, though.

Successses this phase, so far: 4
Waiting for Shera just a bit more.

--

STATUS TRACKER

Kitt (-1), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 3,5 minutes left)
Dovian ()
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yanda ()
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 40 minutes left), Thunder
Shera (-14. Morningstar -2, broken)

Blue 1 (Warding) (disabled)
Blue 2 (Warding) - (disabled)
Green (?) - (disabled)
Red (?) - (disabled)
Teal (?) - (disabled)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
none

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

While the others are looking at the puzzles Yarricki heals the worst of Shera's wounds

2 times Cure Light Wounds wand: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

flavor for the two rounds of healing after combat


Maps: Absalom Initiation

It's been 24 hours, so botting Shera. One tap of someone's healing wand, then an attempt at the puzzle.
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Puzzle, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

That's four successes total this phase, a very good score. I've reported them to the Overseer. The House is making good progress!


Maps: Absalom Initiation

There is another rumble in the walls, but this time there is one difference: The sound comes from two sides of the room. Two now-familiar figures step out from the walls, snapping with their stone dinosaur-heads and brandishing their longsword. They seem poised to perform a flanking strategy against the Pathfinders.

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Caryatid columms: Blue, yellow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act

Dovian ()
Shera (-1. Morningstar -2, broken)
Yanda ()
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder
Caryatid columns: Blue, Yellow
Kitt (-1), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 3 minutes left)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
none

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo steps up and launches his now familiar flurry of blows.

Flurry Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Flurry Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda is nearly out of bombs so she draws her dagger and moves up closer, suceeding in an aid another action to give a +2 to the next person to attack blue as well as a potential flank.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera nods at Yarricki in thanks for the healing, and then turns and fires two Cold Iron arrows at the blue tinged creature.

Longbow, PBS, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage Cold Iron: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Longbow, PBS, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage Cold Iron: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

GM, I assume I can charge as there are two shortest charge lanes: one is blocked by Shera, but the other is free. If this is not allowed I will use Thunders sudden shift power to shift 5 feet to the south, then there is definitely a charge lane

Yarricki and Thunder charge again!
Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Trip: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 + 6 = 26


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Botting Dovian

Kitajo misses Terra for a flanking buddy. His first strike connects, but fails to cause any damage to the living statue. His other punch flies wide. Shera's first arrow hits, aided by Yanda's distration. It strikes the statue in the arm and causes some damage. Shera's second arrow misses. Next up piling in is Thunder, who takes off a big chunk out of the statue's flank and bashes it to the ground. Yarricki's lance hits next, and drives straight through the prone creature. The weapon creaks dangerously from the impact, but it holds together. (Lance hardness is weird, but I've put it at 10, +2 from being magical.)

With the other statue appearing closest to him, Dovian realizes he's in trouble. However, bailing would put Kitt at risk, who's even less capable of taking a punch. Dovian spins his quarterstaff and hunkers down. (Total defense.)

As expected, the yellow-veined statue comes charging in at Dovian. He does what he can to defend himself, but the statue is exceptionally accurate and strikes a vicious blow. All that Dovian have to console himself, it that things could have been much worse. )Failed to conform crit, 9 damage to Dovian.)

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1,2 - Bold may act

Dovian (-9)
Shera (-1. Morningstar -2, broken)
Yanda ()
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yarricki (-1 Con damage. barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder
Caryatid columns: Blue (dead), Yellow
Kitt (-1), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 3 minutes left)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

PENDING
none

[spoiler=GM rolls]
3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3) = 12
Charge attack Dovian: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Confirm attack Dovian: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
Critical damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Punches in bunches has worked, at least partially so far, so Kitajo goes again, adding a third strike for good measure.

Flurry Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Flurry Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Flurry Unarmed Strike 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

451 to 500 of 615 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.