[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


151 to 200 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Well done Yanda!

Yarricki turns to Dovian and lays her small hand on his shoulder, reaching far up. "I am sure you would have also dealt with it if the spirit would not have lashed out at you. Here, let me heal you"

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Maps: Absalom Initiation

As Yanda restores the magic of the pool, they stop glowing white and come to rest. The spirit tentatively opens her mouth, and is relieved that she doesn't incur further agony. She opens her mouth and speaks some unintelligible words. After a quick spell she tries again, this time speaking in a tongue that everyone can understand. "My sincerest thanks for your efforts, and apologies for the wounds I inflicted in my tortured state." The spirit looks around the room, now a serene look on her face. "I am the Voice of the Seven Songs, one of the oracles of Iovo. However, that was many ages ago. Iovo is no more, destroyed until only fragments remain in a belt of asteroids. Little do I remember of that time..." There's sorrow in her voice, but she has accepted this truth.

"Once I saw nearly everything that had come to pass, and that was to come. Now, I see fragments. I see creatures of ice, molten water dripping from their bodies. I see slick tunnels, filled with terror and with the presence of the Brackish Emperor that haunts them." There's suddenly a hint of mirth in her eyes. "I see... a cache of supplies, there for the taking." The hint of mirth turns into a wide smile. "Actually, that one didn't take any divine knowledge. It's right over there; easier to see from up here, I guess."

Indeed, the spirit points to a satchel of strange leather, left in a corner. I contains four potions of endure elements, two potions of cure light wounds, a potion of remove disease and a wand of lesser restoration (5 charges).

Back in her role as oracle, she spirit draws your attention and makes a closing statement. "Iovo is no more. Our world was shattered long ago by the jealousy of those who paid for it with their last living breath. Now it flies through the void as the fiefdom of a new Lord. But the Lord of burial with no breath has not yet buried Thunder. Seek the heart of this prison or your lungs will soon go empty. The Seven Songs have spoken."

Please distribute the items from the cache among yourselves, let me know who has what and add them to your character sheets. Don't forget about them; this is a long scenario and you're going to need all the resources you get! Post for the next encounter will go up in about 1,5 hours, around 10 PM CEST).


Maps: Absalom Initiation

When the Pathfinders leave the shrine, the sun has just cleared the horizon, due to the asteroid spinning once more. As they move further into the city, they can already see the effect this is having: The temperature steadily rises and some of the rime on the ruined structures starts to melt.

The spire in the distance forms a clear marker of where they have to go, and the soothing breeze of wind also seems to come from that direction. As they near the structure, six minutes later, the broken stone tower at the center of the city resonates with an unnerving note from wind forcefully billowing out, like it was some manner of alien pipe organ. The sound comes from just beyond the center of the structure, where a hole in the ground leads down into the unknown. Melting ice creeps around the entrance, and the howls of hunting predators ring through the surrounding structures.

New map up, slide 6 on the presentation.

Two creatures are currently guarding the entrance to the underground. One is a six-foot tall chunk of ice without discernible anatomy. Beads of molten water run from its body, almost like it's sweating. The other is a small humanoid creature with leathery wings and skin of icy blue. It flaps its wings to cool itself, apparently also uncomfortable in the rising temperatures.

Knowledge planes DC 11 to ID the first creature:
This creature is a medium-sized ice elemental. Like all elementals, they are physical opponents, who cannot be hurt by precision damage or critical hits. An ice elemental deals cold damage with its slam attack, and staggers those who can't properly deal with this. (One extra question per 5 by which you make the check).

Knowledge planes DC 11 to ID the second creature:
Like the creature you first encountered on Aucturn's Tear, this is a mephit. However, this one is meant for cold environments. It has an average flying speed and a cone-shaped breath weapon, like the mephit you encountered earlier. (One extra question per 5 by which you make the check).

--

Initiative (Everyone gets a +4 bonus - two bonuses of +2 actually - due to the information you received earlier):

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 = 14
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 = 12
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 4 = 25
Shera: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10
Yarricki: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Bad guys: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Characters in bold may act.

Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 25 minutes left)
Dovian
Yanda
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Kitajo (mage armor, 25 minutes left)
Shera
Red
Green

ONGOING EFFECTS
Pillars, walls and the 'altar' on the map are impassable and provide cover. Stairs are normal terrain.

GM rolls:

Time: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo will use his superior speed to make his way toward the rear of the enemies.

Double move


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s projection appears once again to every Pathfinder. Behind her is a map of the Asteroid, Aucturn’s Tear, lit up with different colors around the different regions.

“Good news, everyone! Our tactical reports coming from the region known as Area F, ‘The Sea of Fire’, tell us that the entire region has been claimed and is now safe for travel! Keep going, Pathfinders!”

The Sea of Fire has been Claimed!

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Since Kitt plays primarily support, he will pick the wand of lesser restoration.

"Oh, this wand will come in handy. Let me know if any of you need the healing. Not only am I a perfect engineer! I'm also much proficient in the art of first aid."

***

Kitt looks at the image of Sorrina, and then the icy creatures. "Err. Doesn't look like good news if there's danger at every corner!" He taps his hand on Terra, and Terra seemingly understands what to do.

Cast Shield on Terra and move action.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

AC at 24

Terra races forth to the creature. She moves relatively far to a point she is able to reach one of the creatures.

Double Move with 40ft speed, rolling some AoO

AoO:

AoO 1, Magic Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 171d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
AoO 2, Magic Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 = 61d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera grabs a potion of cure light and endure elements. "I'll keep these handy just in case someone needs them."

Know Planes 1st: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Know Planes 2nd: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Resistances please.

"This another mephit, but it's one is meant for cold environments. It has an average flying speed and a cone-shaped breath weapon." She moves to east , and then shoots an arrow at the creature of ice.

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda will snag a potion of resist disease under the principle of first come, first serve, and we're in a dang hurry. She does not need a second endure elements potion, or so she hopes.

Know Planes first creature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Know Planes second creature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Is it still low gravity or did that change when the asteroid began to rotate? If so Yanda will toss a bomb at green who is 65 feet away, otherwise she will move another 30 feet.

+6/2d6+4 or 6 splash bomb [rng: 20 ft; 20/x2; fire] (+2[BAB] +3[dex] +1[tany]/2d6 +4[int]); DC 15 Reflex save for half splash damage

To hit ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14 fire damage, 6 splash

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian cooly gets back to work [b[]I think I got it!"[/b] and just then, the spirit lashes out at Dovian, causing him to yelp in pain and lose his focus. Luckily Yanda manages to pacify the spirit and Dovian cradles his twitching fingers. When Yarricki heals him, Dovian closes his eyes as he feels the healing magic soothe him. He flashes a grin and bows to Yarricki "My thanks milady"

Dovian muses over the oracles words while he helps himself to a potion of cure light wounds and endure elements Lord of burial...no breath...not yet buried Thunder? Wonder what that means. Lungs will soon go empty...guess we better get to the core of this place soon

When the party encounters new creatures, Dovian clicks his tongue irritably "More of these pests! It's almost enough to make a guy fold his hand!" He moves closer to get a better look at them but his lack of planar knowledge means all he sees are two flying ugly creatures while he channels some energy into a deck of cards in his hands, causing them to glow faintly

double move, swift action to use 1 point of arcane pool to enhance cards


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitajo hoofs it, as does Dovian. Terra does so as well, after Kitt has properly shielded it from the oncoming danger. Shera recognizes the ice mephit, and realizes that it must be resistant to non-magical weapon. (DR 5/magic on the mephit)

Shera fires an arrow, but its course is deflected by the weathered altar in the center of the structure. Yanda throws a bomb at the mephit, but the rotating asteroid must have affected her aim. Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 2 Her bomb lands short, although the edge of the explosion still hit the ice mephit. It fails to dodge the blow, and the fire has a big effect on its icy body. Huge chunks are blown away or evaporate instantly. (Takes double fire damage)

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Characters in bold may act.

Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 25 minutes left. shield, 4 minutes left)
Dovian
Yanda
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Kitajo (mage armor, 25 minutes left)
Shera
Red
Ice mephit (Green) (-12)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, normal light.
Pillars, walls and the 'altar' on the map are impassable and provide cover. Stairs are normal terrain.

PENDING
-

GM rolls:

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki takes the rest of the endure elements potions (3) and the last cure light wounds potion

- - -

Yarricki expertly guides Thunder around the pillars and onto the stairs while studying the creature for the best spot to hit it. She finds the perfect spot and puts her lance just there!

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Power attack, studied target
Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 10

Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 16
Additional Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 22

I have included a page on the map slide show with the supplies we found and who has them


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“More tactical reports have been flowing in to our Control Center,” Sorrina Westyr proclaims as her image appears once more to all of you. She points her wand at a now glowing region of the Asteroid. “We’ve cleared another region! Area D, The Frozen City has been claimed and is now safe for travel!”


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Thunder bites a huge chunk out of the icy creature, and next comes Yaricki's lance. Her aim is perfect, and it strikes straight through the heart. At least, if the creature would have had a heart. Instead, it still stands, uttering a deep and rasping laugh. It leans back to strike a retaliating blow. However, its wounds are graver than it thought: the creatures loses balance, slips in the pool of water at its feet and falls, shattering in a thousand pieces. The mephit, seeing this, throws his hands up into the air. "Sod it, I didn't sign up for this! 'd rather live in fear of Kelizandri than die because of his stupid commands. I'm out!" It turns its back and flies off.

I'm cutting this combat short. Both monsters are on really low hit points, so you surely would have defeated them next round. The area has been claimed though, so I feel it's time to move on. I will report it as a success, because of how wounded the creatures were. If you want, you can shoot some arrows at the mephit and kill him. :)

COMBAT OVER

--

No sooner has the icy creature been dealt with, or a Varisian half-orc with a plethora of weapons arrives on the scene. She cleans blood off one of her swords with a practiced gesture, and is soon followed by her team of fellow Pathfinders. "That's a nice way to see an ice elemental go down. Well done!" Her companions quickly check the surrounding, and two of them investigate the way down. "Did you get the missive from Sorrina? Good. We've done a sweep of the city. There's some pockets of winter wolves holding out, but most of the opposition has been dealt with. We can expect more teams of Pathfinders to come through here, ready to explore further." She beckons you closer. "Ready to head down? You got here first, after all..."

I've updated the map of Aucturn's Tear on slide 4 to show the progress you've made. Two areas claimed already. Things are going really well!


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Gusts of warm air greet you as you descend a stairs hewn in the rock. There is no light here, and it's still severely cold here despite the warm air: the sun hasn't had time to warm up the area below ground yet. The stairs lead into a cellar that opens up to a large subterranean lake, now frozen solid. There's a spherical tunnel through the ice, sloping down and turning left and right at irregular angles. After a while, the tunnels splits and sometime merges, creating a warrens of passages. Powerful gusts of warm air howl through these twisting tunnels of ice. The passages turn upon themselves and end in sudden precipices. The footing is treacherous, and a step to either side drops into chasms clouded by freezing mist. Navigating the tunnels is a challenge, and it's slow going to avoid slipping off the path.

I'm going to need one person to take the lead and make a Climb of Survival check. Success means a certain measure of tunnel exploration in the right direction, failure means getting lost for a while.

Environment: No light. Severely cold. Slick tunnels: Moving at half speed is safe. Anything faster requires an Acrobatics check to avoid falling prone, or even slide down a precipice on a severe failure.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera casts light on the end of her bow. "I can look around, but I may not be the best at it."

Survival +2

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo looks around, he thinks he knows the way. He has lit his wayfinder so that he can see.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt may not be a proficient climber, but he is a proficient thinker. He provides some engineered guidance to Kitajo as he attempts to lead the way. "Well you see the angle of those rocks, that's too acute, you need to hit the right angles. always climb with a 45 degree posture..."

Cast Guidance on Kitajo +1


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra attempts to look around for clues about the path and telephatically lets her master know about them. Not because she can't talk, but because she is lazy to.

Aid another

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

I think Yaricki should take the lead with a +8 survival. What is the difficulty of the slope? I have a +3 acrobatics/dex and I don't think that is sufficient.

Yanda moves at half speed.

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian sighs as combat ends "Well that's disappointing"

He tips his head at the newcomer Varisian half-orc at her offer for the team to head on first "Much oblighed ma'am" before following his party

GM please use whichever is appropriate

aid another (climb): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
aid another (survival): 1d20 ⇒ 17

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera casts Touch of Law on Yaricki. "This should help you guide us through this dangerous area."

Touch of Law (Sp):
You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, infusing it with the power of divine order and allowing it to treat all attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round as if the natural d20 roll resulted in an 11.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

With Shera lighting the path and with some help from Kitt, Terra and Dovian, Kitajo boldly takes the lead and leads the Pathfinders through the first stretch of the tunnels. It's been nearly half an hour since going underground, and both Terra's and Kitajo's mage armor spells have expired. Yanda takes a cautious look at the slope next to the path. She'd be in real trouble if she lost her footing, and takes it slow. (I'm going to assume that everyone most at half speed, unless otherwise stated).

Shera suddenly see the shadow of a leviathan moving below the ice, and the Erastilian get a feeling or wrongness. A presence inhabits these tunnels, and it's rapidly approaching! Terra feels it as well, probably because of her connection to the elements.

New map up on slide 6. We're in a surprise round. Only those who made the Perception check (Shera and Terra) get to act. Because of this, only they get to attempt the knowledge check below to learn about the nature of this threat. Please note that the surprise round only allows a single move or standard action.

Knowledge religion DC 17+:
The shadow isn't an actual creature, but a haunt. It triggers in the Surprise round on initiative count 10, with a (usually) nasty effect. It can be neutralized by dealing enough positive energy before that time. Channeling works, targeted attacks such as healing spells must succeed at a AC 10 touch attack. The haunt is pervasive enough that range is no issue.

--

Perception:

Dovian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Yanda: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Kitajo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Shera: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Yarricki: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Terra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Thunder: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15
Shera: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 0 + 2 = 11

COMBAT TRACKER - Surprise Round - Characters in bold may act (all others are surprised).

Yanda
Shera
Kitt, Terra
Kitajo
Dovian
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
???

--

ONGOING EFFECTS
Light on Shera. Low gravity. Severely cold. Slippery paths (Moving at more than half speed incurs an Acrobatics check to stay on your feet and on the path).

PENDING
-

GM rolls:

Minutes: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (10, 2) + 10 = 22 +5 minutes in E1.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

When Yarricki finds out how cold it is in the tunnels she takes her endure elements potion and drinks it, she then takes another and she feeds it to Thunder.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Could I please have another Mage Armour Kitajo says, handing over his wand.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

GM, Kitajo:
GM, I had the intention of always re-buffing Terra and Kitajo and the hour mark so that we don't get caught off guard. I'm sorry if I did not make it obvious. It was my fault that I didn't make it clear so i'll understand if you disallow it this time, but for future reference I always intend them to be buffed.

Kitajo, since I used 2 charges of my wand last time to buff us, would it be okay to use 2 charges of your wand to even it out? For reference, i'll continuously hold on to your wand for this scenario.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra, with her animal like instinct moves ahead of the group to prepare for any oncoming frontal attacks.

Move action


Maps: Absalom Initiation

That's perfectly fine, Kitt, and sort of what I had assumed. I'm pushing you from one encounter to the other, so you have quite some leeway to make retroactive statements on what you do between the encounters to heal and buff.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Fine with me Kitt.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

That shadow is a haunt. We need to offset the negative with some positive. Heals and channels and the like.

Kitajo sings to him self. Good, good, good, good vibrations

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt refreshes Terra and Kitajo's mage armor as their buffs run out with Kitajo's wand. "Better be safe than sorry!" Kitt travels mostly slowly and steadily through out the journey not risking any bad moves. The risk does not justify the reward.

As they approach the odd creature, Kitt looks around but is unable to see the so call haunt. "What are you referring to Kitajo? Terra, where are you going?"

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda is mystified as well, not having dealt with any haunts before.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Know Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"There is something under the ice. Be careful. She casts bless on the party.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Sorry, Kitajo. You didn't make the Perception check and were surprised. I ruled that surprised people are not aware of the threat yet (until it's too late) and cannot attempt the knowledge check. In essence, you don't know that there is something to identify until it's too late.

Shera and Terra notice the threat, but aren't able to do anything about it. The leviathan from under the ice suddenly approaches rapidly, now clearly visibly by everyone. It seems for a moment like this terrible creature of the depths will burst out from the ice and devour everyone. Nothing actually happens and the image disappears at the last moment, but the sight is frightening enough to test the will of even the bravest warrior.

The haunt triggers, causing a fear effect. I need a Will save from everyone against this effect. Everyone who fails this save runs away at top speed (as the 'panicked' condition), possibly leading them to drop or slip off the path. Therefore, I also need an Acrobatics check and a Reflex save from everyone. I will describe what happens, based on which rolls were successful/failed.

PENDING
Everyone - Please make a Will save, an Acrobatics check and a Reflex save (in that order).

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki is riding Thunder
Will
Yarricki: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Thunder: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
I assume Yarricki made that save
Acrobatics Thunder: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Reflex Yarricki: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Reflex Thunder: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Sorry. I mis-understood and didn't read it properly. I'll go back to not noticing now and be more careful in future.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Will ST: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

A least she made one of them.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21+2 if enhancement
acro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Being of sound mind and logical thinking, Kitt awaits to see what happens.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
acro: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Terra fears ghost. She may look tough, but she's a softy on the inside.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Don't forget the +1 saving against fear effects from Bless.

Will: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yarricki steadies himself, and isn't frightened by the image. Thunder is caught off-guard and stampedes away from the group. Luckily, the axe beak has steady footing and doesn't slip.

A similar thing happens to Kitt and his companion. The summoner isn't fazed by what he sees, but Terra hoofs it on the heels of Thunder. Lucky for the eidolon, she's steady on her feet and doesn't slip.

Kitajo has seen worse and he realizes at the last instant that they're dealing with a haunt. He isn't gripped by fear.

Yanda is scared witless and also runs away. She slips and slides off the path. She dangerously close to the edge when she regains her wits and manages to hold herself, just inches before dropping over the edge!

Shera had seen the threat coming and meets it with steely resolve. Trusting in Erastil, she holds her ground.

Well done so far. Giving Dovian just a few more hours, then I'll bot him. For all the others, the fear effect lasts 1 round. Then you are free to regroup, recover and continue. Kitajo now realizes the effect is a haunt, and knows that they tends to return after a certain time, unless permanently dealt with. It this case, the latter is probably too much to ask for.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki calms Thunder and then rides back "There, there, it was nothing."

When she rejoins her companions she urges them onward "We better not linger here, I do not want to see Thunder break his legs if or when that haunt returns"

Sovereign Court

3.0

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"I agree with her. My pet seems to be terrified as well of the haunt. We should make haste out of here, it's only efficient that way!" Kitt says with full concern of his companion.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Dovian meets his fear with bravado, and doesn't budge.

After regrouping, it is indeed time to press on. Who knows when the haunt might strike again?

I need another round of Climb/Survival checks, to see if you go the right way for the next part of the trek through the tunnels.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"We should turn left here"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera will cast touch of law on whomever needs it to lead the group forward. She slips lightly but follows carefully.

Treat your next roll as if you got an 11

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"A little help here!" she screams while clinging for dear life to the icy ledge, in her panic from the haunt forgetting that she can do a feather fall.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Survival aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

A far more cautious lady follows with mincing steps as they progress, occasionally offering advice; though it sure seems like most of her advice is all about choosing the safest direction.

"Ah, no, not that way. That looks too steep. How about THAT way!"

or

"Stay to the left. I heard grey ice is dangerous."


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Left does indeed seem the right way. The group of Pathfinders make good progress, occasionally aided by Yanda's cautionary words. After about give minutes they come to a bend in the path, and safe ground is seen in the distance: There are no more chasms there, but rather tunnels with ice on all side. If the Pathfinders reach it, they'll be safe from falling down, and possibly from the haunt as well.

Alas, safety suddenly seems far away, when Shera and Kitajo notice the malevolent presence again. Thunder and Terra also note it, but don't have time to warn their bosses. The others are caught off-guard, probably because the leviathan doesn't approach from below this time. Rather, it creeps up on the Pathfinders from the icy ceiling above!

You encounter the haunt again. There's still a Perception check to avoid surprise, but I gave everyone a +2 circumstance bonus for knowing what to look out for. Those who are not surprised may act, possibly they can neutralize the haunt. If not, you may already make the Will save, Acrobatics check and Reflex save (just in case the haunt does trigger.

Rules on the haunt: It triggers in the Surprise round on initiative count 10, with a (usually) nasty effect. It can be neutralized by dealing positive energy. Channeling works, targeted attacks such as spells must succeed at a AC 10 touch attack. The haunt is pervasive enough that range is no issue.

Shera, I am sorry to say that your bless effect from the previous encounter with the haunt is no longer in effect. The haunt reset time is five minutes, which means this happens after your spell ends.

--

Perception:

Dovian: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Yanda: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Kitajo: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
Shera: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Yarricki: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Terra: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
Thunder: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18
Shera: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 0 + 2 = 9

COMBAT TRACKER - Surprise Round - Characters in bold may act (all others are surprised).

Kitajo (mage armor, 53 minutes left)
Dovian
Shera
Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 53 minutes left)
Yanda
Haunt
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder

--

ONGOING EFFECTS
Light on Shera. Low gravity. Severely cold. Slippery paths (Moving at more than half speed incurs an Acrobatics check to stay on your feet and on the path).

PENDING
Everyone - Will save (vs. fear), Acrobatics check, and Reflex save (in case the haunt triggers).

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo cannot think of anything he can do to prevent the haunt from triggering, so will just prepare himself for the coming events.

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

151 to 200 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.