[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


51 to 100 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps: Absalom Initiation

The view once through the portal is breathtaking; The asteroid has a barren stone surface, with some remnant of ruins of a foreign civilization. Broad rocky stripes crisscross the landscape, displaying countless stratigraphic layers. However, with little obstacles on the surface to obscure the view, the dark void of space can be seen all around. Thousands of tiny stars in the distance dot the sky all around, and the sun hangs low on the horizon. It takes a few cautious steps to get used to this new environment, once through the portal. For one, the gravity is a lot less than normal on Golarion. The temperature is comfortable and there is apparently breathable air here. The protection of the [i]planar adaptation[i] spell isn't needed yet.

Low gravity rules:
Aucturn’s Tear has gravity that is only one-fifth that of Golarion. PCs can jump five times as high and lift five times as much as normal, and projectiles have their range categories quintupled. Reduce the die size of damage dealt by falling to 1d4.

Following Sorrina Westyr’s words, there isn’t much time to get accustomed to the new conditions. A small humanoid creature with skin like slate approaches, flying with the help of leathery wings to intercept the new arrivals, 15 foot off the ground. The ground rumbles in its wake, hinting at the possibility of another creature with hostile intent, underground.

Knowledge Planes DC 13+, to ID the creature:
The flying creature is an earth mephit, a humorless creature usually found on the Plane of Earth. It’s reasonably skilled at flying, has small claws to attack with and has minor magical abilities. You can ask one question on its abilities for succeeding at the check, plus one question for every 5 points by which you pass the DC.

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
BG: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Characters in bold may act.
New map up. Slide 5 gives the current combat map.

1st - Shera, Yarricki
2nd - Bad guy(s?)
3rd - Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, normal lighting

PENDING
-

GM rolls:

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki is unable to do something about the flying creature without sacrificing her melee abilities, therefore she waits to see what follows.

Delay

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera calls out. "Erastil bless us this day on our mission." She then pulls out her bow and moves forward a few feet.

Actions:
Cast Bless +1 morale bonus to attack rolls.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"Wow, things have heated up in a hurry. Let's MOVE!"

Yanda pulls her wheeled contraption through the gate, loaded with all kinds of wilderness gear and her portable alchemists lab while carrying an acid flask. Seeing the approaching doom she... waits for the bad guys to go so that she can take an action.

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
She will ask for special defenses. No need to waste an acid flask or bomb if it won't work anyway.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Know Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Forgot to roll earlier. I'd like to know any resistances.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda and Shera recognize the creature as an earth mephit. It's resistant to blow from non-magical weapons, but bomb and acid work just fine. DR 5/magic, no elemental resistances. It has fast healing 5 when underground or when in contact with the asteroid.

The Mephit beats its wings and engages with the Pathfinders. It's still up in the air, and opens its mouth to spew forth a barrage of earth and stones and Shera and Yanda. (4 damage, Reflex save DC 13 for half) The rumbling of the earth in its wake has stopped, but whether that means the threat has passed remains to be seen...

Knowledge dungeoneering or planes DC 15+:
Some creatures, especially connected to the element earth, have the ability to burrow underground without creating ripples of other signs of its presence.[/ooc]

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1,2 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - Shera
2nd - Earth mephit, ???
3rd - Yaricki (delay), Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, normal lighting, bless (+1 morale to attack rolls and saves vs. fear)

PENDING
Yanda, Shera - Reflex save DC 13 for half damage against the breath weapon.

GM rolls:

Breath attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

i assume that it now is within reach of reach weapons, please move me closer if that is required to be able to hit the mephit

Yarricki looks closely at her enemy’s weak points, she tells Thunder to move closer and attacks.

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Power attack, studied target
Yarricki’s magic lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 12

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"Terra! That thing kinda looks like you, except.. It's ugly.." Kitt comments on the creatures appearance, at the same time, he does something fancy with his wrist sheath, withdrawing one of his wands in a flash. "The marvels of modern engineering." He snickers, as he taps the wand on Terra. "Go get it!"

Swift action to withdraw Wand of Mage Armor from spring loaded wrist sheath, and standard action to activate it on Terra. Move action to fall back.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

AC at 20

Terra heed's her summoner's call to protect the pathfinders. It rushes around the team to place herself directly underneath the creature, and attempts to grab it with her sharp teeth.

Terra has 10ft reach. Move action to move, Std action to attack. If Terra cannot reach it, she will ready attack instead.

bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 111d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

Also preparing some AoO in case it's needed.

AoO:

AoO,bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 101d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8
AoO2,bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 1 = 251d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
AoO2 crit?,bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 221d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo moves toward the mephit and launches a strike at it.

Unarmed Strike: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

As long as i have ki in my ki pool my unarmed strioes are considered magic


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Reach attacks will work, since the Memphit had to come down slightly for its breath weapon. Kitajo, do you also have reach?


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The mephit realizes too late that it's made a mistake in coming down to blast the intruders. It's slate-like skin protects it from the worst of the axe beak's bite, but Yarricki's magical lance has no trouble piercing its chest and comes out the other end. The creature gurgles, speaking in Terran. "Fools. You cannot breach..."

It's still pandemonium all around, despite Yarricki's victory over the mephit. Everywhere, Pathfinders are fighting creatures of earth, swarming to defend the comet against the Society intruders.

Kitt and Kitajo may redo their actions, since Yarricki posted first and his attacks killed the mephit. However, there's no clear target currently.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1,2 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - Shera
2nd - Earth mephit (dead), buddy
3rd - Yaricki, Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, normal lighting, bless (+1 morale to attack rolls and saves vs. fear)

PENDING
Yanda, Shera - Reflex save DC 13 for half damage against the breath weapon.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Know Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Shera doesn't manage to dodge the rock vomit, and takes all the damage. "Some earth creatures can hide underground and hide their presence. There may still be something here waiting to attack us." she cries out waiting for the other creature to make itself known.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

My actions won't change, it'll just be a ready action instead then. Also my mistake for not highlighting, but Terra has the magic attack evolution, so all her attacks count as magic.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

SInce there is no current target Kitajo will simply wait for danger to present itself. With nothing threatening anyone right now he will take a relaxed stance and look around.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda hasn't posted yet, but since there's not a lot of action anyway I'm going to push on. Yanda, if you want, you can take an extra round of prep, that is assumed to happen before the creature shows itself.

The ground next to Kitajo rumbles, and a mass of stone without discernable anatomy appears from underground. It's clearly hostile and starts smashing at the monk. It throws its entire body at Kitajo, but the devestating attack is just barely dodged.

Knowledge Planes DC 13+:
The creature is a medium-sized earth elemental. It has all the elemental traits and has a very powerful slam attack. One question, plus one question for every five by which you beat the DC.

The creature is just outside of Terra's reach, which makes the readied attack moot.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2,3 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - Shera (-4)
2nd - Buddy
3rd - Yaricki, Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, normal lighting, bless (+1 morale to attack rolls and saves vs. fear)

PENDING
Yanda - Reflex save DC 13 for half damage against the breath weapon.

GM rolls:

Slam attack Kitajo, PA, earth mastery: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 = 19

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki urges Thunder to the other side of the creature while studying it

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Power attack, studied target
Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 12

Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt moves up to Kitajo and gives him a little bit of support. Using his own wand, he cast a protective armor around him. At the same time he looks at Terra, nodding at her. The creature nods back as if she understands.

Move and std action to cast Mage Armor.
I'm using a charge from my own wand, it only makes sense action economy wise!


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra moves around, attempting to gnaw at the elemental. "Grrr." However a little sand gets in her eye, and her she chomps at thin air.

Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 131d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

AoOs if any:

AoO 1 Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 = 71d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8
AoO 2 Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 231d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Know Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

I know nothing about this creature. Let's hope it just dies." She fires two arrows at the creature in rapid succession.

Composite Longbow, Bless, PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Composite Longbow, Bless, PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Composite Longbow, Bless, PBS, Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo launches a bunch of punches.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Flurry 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Jabbing: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Jabbing damage only if first strike hits. Also in a down time can i get a mage armour please


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Under the combined fury of Shera's arrows and Yarricki's bite, the creature is seriously wounded. However, they find that the lack of a solid anatomy makes it difficult to strike a blow where it would really hurt. The creature is immune to critical hits. Kitajo hits with one of his punches, but the second jab doesn't connect. Bits of rock break off and the creature looks in bad shape, but it still stands. It grumbles in a low roar, like a furiously grinding millstone.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2,3 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - Shera (-4)
2nd - Buddy (-27)
3rd - Yaricki, Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, normal lighting, bless (+1 morale to attack rolls and saves vs. fear)

PENDING
Yanda - Reflex save DC 13 for half damage against the breath weapon.

GM rolls:

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitajo I mage armored you in the last post.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Another fast moving game. 19 posts after one Saturday of gaming. Gotta love it.

Reflex ST: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, so 2 points of damage.

"Its a Mephit. Your mundane weapons will be less effective but most everything else will do fine. It also heals real fast. This acid should do the trick."

Knowing that the acid she is holding will work she launches it at the nasty critter.

+8/1d6+5 or 6 splash acid flask [rng: 10 ft; 20/x2; acid] (+2[BAB] +3[dex] +1[tany] +1[pblank] +1[bless]/1d6 +4[int] +1[pblank])

To Hit Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She has Precise Bombs so she excludes friendlies from the splash.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Your getting better at not hitting your friends Yanda." Shera jokes.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Last post before bedtime. Dovian hasn't posted over the weekend, so I'm going to bot him.

With the Mephit already perished, Yanda hurls her flask at its buddy, which is also fully affected by its contents. The creature is now critically wounded and staggers about. However, it's not dead yet.

Dovian regular thrown dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dovian's dagger, however, is enough to put the creature down!

OUT OF COMBAT

--

PARTY STATUS
Yanda, -2
Shera, -4
Kitajo, Mage armor (1 hour left)
Terra, Mage armor (1 hour left)


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Time: 0:01 after arrival

”You handled that earth elemental with flair. Bravo!” A rugged-looking Pathfinder wielding a longsword, probably an Andoran judging by his navy blue tabard, hustles over, dispatching an earth elemental on the way. He’s taken easily to the lower gravity and is upon you in large leaps. "We have located three avenues of approach and have some more information on them. There’s no time to wait for a central plan, so it’s up to each group on how to approach. Here is what we know:"

Into the Crater
"The crater over there is swarming with defenders. If you choose to go there you need to be prepared for combat, but it seems the most direct route to the center of the asteroid."

The Frozen City
"On the asteroid’s dark side, that way, we have located a frozen city. If you want you can explore the city to see if we can find the means to help the trapped being."

Sea of Light
"On the sun-facing side we have located the wreckage of a metal craft. It might contain the same kind of objects as can be found in Numeria. If you want to explore that, be aware that that side of the asteroid is bathing in direct sunlight, causing extremely high temperatures. I hope everyone took Calciniel up on his offer for planetary adaptation, if you decide to go that way."

"As I said, it is your decision, and I trust you’ll make the right choice. I’m off to brief the next group. Take care!" He moves away in big leaps before you can even start to think of questions.

Where do you want to go? This choice will have a big impact on the scenario for your group, so please choose carefully. I expect little input from Kitt and Yaricki in this discussion, because they know the scenario. I will move us forward once a clear consensus has been reached, or go by majority vote at 8 PM CEST, which is 21 hours from this post. Also, there's a map of Aucturn's Tear at slide 4.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

I am not sure which path to take. I can see benefits to all of them (obviously that is what was intended). Maybe the Frozen City path? I am fine with punching on with enemies, but no sense getting to the trapped being and not being able to free them. Not sure. I am Australian and will be asleep when the post goes up to move us forward, but will check back before I go to bed to see where we are at.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

@Shera
"Practice makes perfect! Too many embarrassing misses in my past."

Let's just vote. First location to get to three votes wins.

"Frozen City sounds good to me. Less likely to run into things that are immune to my bombs."

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt looks at Terra and shrugs his head. "Anybody know who that was?" And then turns to the group as Terra digs in the ground to kill some time."So which way?"

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"I have no idea who that was." Yarricki gives Thunder an appreciating pet on its rump. "I don't have a preference for direction, so you can decide. Oh, if I may be so bold: we might want to be careful with limited resources like spells and such. No way to know when we can rest to regain them".


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Thanks people, for taking the time to check in on the Presentation. There's a clear majority to Frozen Forest, so I'm pushing you along. Yanda and Shera still have damage, but you may retroactively heal that, if you want.

The Pathfinders of Team Kydfys decide to go to the Frozen Forest and set off with the sun in their back. As they walk, the sun quickly sets over the horizon behind them, leaving only dim starlight to guide them. It occurs that the asteroid flies without rotation, leaving this part without any sunlight to warm it. The temperature drops rapidly to below 0° F. If it weren’t for the protection of the planetary adaptation spell, their fingers and toes would surely freeze off within the hour.

A good twenty minutes later, the barren landscape eventually gives way to a vast forest of lifeless trees blanketing this landscape. They resemble conifers, but not any recognizable species. A thin layer of ice coats each branch, tracing dappled shadows in the starlight. The path is somewhat slippery with rime. A dark, half-fallen spire rises in the distance, while running water splashes nearby is heard alongside the sound of vicious combat. In a clearing some creatures made of water, their bodies sluggish and partially frozen, seem to gang up on one of their own (the one marked in blue). Off to the side is a mist-like creature, seemingly enjoying the show. The creature in the center of the mob, on the ground and weakly defending from the attacks of his fellows, sees the group of Pathfinders and speaks out to you.

Besides the creature in the center of the mob, the others don’t seem to pay you any heed for the moment. They continue attacking the poor fellow on the ground. If you want to intervene, you'd have to hurry.

Speak Aquan, Linguistics DC 20 or Sense Motive DC 14:
The creature cries out for mercy of its attackers, and calls upon you for help.

Knowledge Planes DC 11 to ID the creatures:
The creatures are small water elementals. The freezing cold has left them sluggish, by the looks of it. Also, they will pose less of a threat when they’re encountered on land like this. One question, plus one question per 5.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 13 to ID the mist-like creature:
This is a vampiric mist, an amorphous aberration with vicious blood-draining claws. One question, plus one question per 5.

--

New map up on slide 5. Environmental conditions: Low gravity, dim light, severe cold, slippery path (-2 Acrobatics, does not count as difficult terrain), trees on the map provide cover and are climbable but otherwise impassable.

GM rolls:

time: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (3, 8) + 10 = 21

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Healing before hand. Using wand.
CLW Yanda: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW Shera: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Linguistics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"They are water elementals, and are moving slow because of the cold. I don't know what the other creatures are. I can't understand the one being beaten, but it seems wrong. He wants us to hep him." Shera fires her bow at one of the attackers.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Purple or yellow. Shera is a cleric who cannot allow something to suffer when they ask for help thus the attack.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
"Looks like we have a cry for help! Shall we?"

It is a forgone conclusion. I can't imagine not helping.

Before the words are entirely out of her mouth she is off to help, though I will wait for initiative and the like before posting an action.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

I'll give Shera a suprise round, then go by normal initiative. Also, Shera does not seem to have Darkvision, so I'll roll the 20% miss chance due to dim light.
Miss chance, 1-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 64

Shera doesn't waste time, and fires an arrow at the closest water elemental. It hits, and causes a rather heavy wound. You also get one question regarding the water elemental's abilities.

The mist-like creature is quickest to respond. It slides in between the thick trees and waits there, prowling for an opportunity.

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Bad guy (gray): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Bad guys (red, yellow, green, pink: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - Bad guy (gray)
2nd - Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt
3rd - Water elementals: red, yellow, green, pink (-8)
4th - Shera, Yarricki

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, Dim lighting (20% miss chance), Slippery roads (-2 to Acrobatics)
Kitajo - Mage armor (39 minutes left)
Terra - Mage armor (39 minutes left)

PENDING
-

GM rolls:

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Yes, lets help. Kitajo begins to advance. he is not very tall or imposing, but he moves with quiet confidence toward the downed elemental.

This isn't quite the Liberty's Edge freeing from slavery, but Kitajo feels that this is kind of in the same vein

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Careful! That foggy creature is a vampiric mist! It has vicious blood-draining claws!"

Any special defenses like DR?


Maps: Absalom Initiation

DR 5/magic, and immune to crits and precision damage due to being amorphous. It is not incorporeal.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Special defenses on the water elemental?

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt shouts "There's a hold point there! Maybe we can take advantage of it! Might be efficient!" He turns to look at his Companion, and she nods back seemingly understanding what Kitt means. Kitt starts to cast shield on Terra and moves slightly up.

Std action cast shield, Move action.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra makes a dash towards the hold point, and positions herself there, gnarling at the creatures, and barking to distract them. She readies herself for an oncoming attack.

AC is at 24.Move 40ft and ready action to attack any creature within her range. Since she has reach and Combat Reflexes also going to ready some AoO

Ready Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 = 161d6 + 3 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 7 = 12
AoO 1 Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 211d6 + 3 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 7 = 15
AoO 2 Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 1 = 251d6 + 3 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 7 = 15
AoO 2 Crit? Bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 231d6 + 3 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 7 = 15


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Forgot to include, but wanted to remind, Terra's attacks for purpose of damage reduction and immunities are considered magical.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Shera doesn't recall any special defenses on water elementals. Terra moves up, ready for the inevitable wave of water elementals to crash in on him.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - Bad guy (gray)
2nd - Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt
3rd - Water elementals: red, yellow, green, pink (-8)
4th - Shera, Yarricki

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, Dim lighting (20% miss chance), Slippery roads (-2 to Acrobatics)
Kitajo - Mage armor (39 minutes left)
Terra - Mage armor (39 minutes left), Shield (4 minutes left)

PENDING
-

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda takes full advantage of the low gravity and launches a bomb in a low arc towards the back of the harassers (aiming for yellow, excluding the victim).

+6/2d6+4 or 6 splash bomb [rng: 8020 ft; 20/x2*; fire] [ooc](+2[BAB] +3[dex] +1[tany]/2d6 +4[int]); DC 15 Reflex save for half splash damage

To Hit Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12, 6 splash

"You might want to keep away from the tree line. That thing is bound to pop out somewhere."

Putting her own advice to practice she moves to the other side of the rocks.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

I didn't move Kitajo for my move earlier. Have moved him on the map.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra'a bites are magical foot purpose of immunities and DR, just wanted to put it out there again.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Terra, noted. Everyone, please mind the 20% miss chance from dim light if you do not have Darkvision or low-light vision.

Yanda has the hang of the lower gravity, and takes an excellent shot at the water elementals. She's also not bothered by the weak starlight. The one she aimed at is barely standing, while two others also take heavy damage.

Two of the elementals crash into Kitajo, but their attacks are feeble. Their bodies are partially frozen and sluggish, and they are less effective on land anyway. Two others note the lack of effect their companions have against the monk, and tries to move around. There's not much space, but they seem riled up already.

They slip past Kitajo, but little do they know that Terra is stoney death waiting for them. Terra's readies action and AoO's are enough to kill green and yellow.

The Pathfinders have bought the bullied water elemental a bit of rest, with their intervention. It seems to be able to speak Common, in a crude accent. "Thankyou, for halp me." The mist-like creature in the woods bides its time for now. A menacing hiss can be heard from between the trees.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1,2 - Characters in bold may act.

1st - none
2nd - Dovian, Yanda, Kitajo, Kitt
3rd - Bad guy (gray) (delay), Water elementals: red (-6)[/dice], yellow [ooc](dead), green (dead), pink (-8)
4th - Shera, Yarricki

ONGOING EFFECTS
Low gravity, Dim lighting (20% miss chance), Slippery roads (-2 to Acrobatics)
Kitajo - Mage armor (39 minutes left)
Terra - Mage armor (39 minutes left), Shield (4 minutes left)

PENDING
Kitajo - AoC against green (has no effect in the end, only for where green dies)
-

GM rolls:

Reflex save red: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 2 = 12
Reflex save green: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9
Pink attack Kitajo: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 - 4 = 1
Pink damage Kitajo: 1d6 + 6 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 - 4 = 2
Red attack Kitajo: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 - 4 = 14
Red damage Kitajo: 1d6 + 6 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 - 4 = 1

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki moves Thunder to the edge of the woods while studying the vampiric mist and attacks it when she is able.

Yarricki has darkvision, Thunder has not, he has narrow frame

Readied attacks, both Thunder and Yarricki have reach:

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Nonmagical Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Miss chance, high is hit: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Power attack, studied target, possibly higher ground (not included)
Yarricki’s +1 lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 18
Magical Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 13

Sovereign Court

3.0

Hey all, so sorry for my absence. Oh man, so much to catch up on

Dovian accepts the tall elven man's offer and feels the effects of the spell wash over him. He also fastidiously secures the snapleaf as a makeshift badge on his coat and stows away the pouches of air crystals and potions.

As Sorrina Westyr briefs the assembled pathfinders, Dovian nods and thinks to himself Adventure and glory awaits...but it seems I will be gambling with my life as well this time...let's just hope the risk is worth the reward eh

Dovian stands by the side as his companions swiftly deal with the mephit looks upon the strange creature Fascinating... before nonchalantly flicking a card that downs it. Slightly surprised, he is nevertheless pleased "Aced it!"

Walking with his companions towards the Frozen City when they come across the wounded creature, his companions leap into the fray while Dovian sighs irritably and rolls his eyes Heroes...they will be the death of me someday

However, as the elementals close in on the party members Dovian and channels his innate magic into the cards which begin to glow a faint purple-ish color. Taking note of Shera's and Yarricki's warnings, he moves forward closer to the fray (while taking care to ensure the big bird is between him and the creatures) and tosses a card at the nearest elemental.

The accursed darkness makes it hard to see...

miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 59
attack v pink: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"Good Job Terra!" Kitt yells from a distance and keeps himself out of trouble. He moves around the corner to provide Yanda some guided assistance. "May your hands be ever steady!"

Move and Guidance on Yanda

51 to 100 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.