[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


1 to 50 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps: Absalom Initiation

If you signed up for my table, please make a post in this gameplay thread to make sure the campaign shows up for you, and that you see the updates to the campaign leading up to the start date.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Doting in.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Dotto!

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

dot

The Exchange

Male Half-Elf Ninja 3 (HP: 27/27 | AC:18 T:14 FF:14 | CMB:+3 CMD:17 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+4 | Init:+6 | Per:+7 | Speed 30ft) 4.0

.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

The gnome looks around and places a pebble on the ground. The axebeak that is following her pecks at it and then drops it.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Hi

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Firewarden arrives early, as usual, and organizes her notes and writing gear in front of her. She is a slim Sylph who looks likely to blow away in a strong breeze. She is too skinny and bony to be attractive, her features rigid and at attention, her posture erect and also stiff. She is plainly dressed, except for the mithral shirt that gleams from beneath her clothing, and has a belt lined with various vials.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Something has been afoot in the Society, for the last several weeks, if not months. Something big is about to happen, although very few people know the details yet. Rumours abound of course, but most of the seem too wild to be believed. What is known, is that the Decemvirate have requested volunteers for a very demanding mission, consisting of upward of twenty teams. Six Pathfinder find their names listed in the roster as team "Kydkys", the old Azlanti word for 'resourcefulness'. It might turn out to be justified, but for now it's a motto that's yet to be earned. The group meets up in the halls of the Grand Lodge to get acquainted, share rumours and make the final preparations.

Here's a first post to get you started with the character introductions, and to tide you over until Friday. I'm not allowed to give any details about the scenario until the 9th, but feel free to make Diplomacy checks for 'Gather information'. I'll take those rolls into consideration for the first official post.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

A Varisian woman dressed in leather armor takes a seat at one of the seating groupings in the Grand Lodge. Propped against the chair is a backpack and a very nice longbow. She has a glass of wine in her hand. Her red hair is pulled back in a messy bun, and she is sporting some unusual ear piercings. A holy symbol of Erastil is hung around her neck, and anyone looking closely will see the upper part of the same symbol bleached into her skin just above her shirt collar.

"If half the rumors I've heard are true this mission will be interesting to say the least." she listens for more rumors.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"Rumors?" Yanda queries as she quirks an eyebrow, "Do tell!"

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

A scrawny tall half elf stands in the midst of you, he looks frantically around as if he lost something. He presents himself smartly wearing his clothes on a clean and tidy manner, equipped with a bunch of measuring tools around his waist. His bag filled to the brim and a crossbow hanging that does not look like it's seen any use.

"Oh, hello there, name's Kitt, anyone see a very big dog around here?"

As GM mentioned, I will be taking a back seat in some decision making due to my involvement as another table GM :) will keep everything in character!

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

A young man walks into the room. The light glints from his freshly shaved head and from his robes you can see that he is a monk. A temple sword hangs at his side, however it looks to not have seen much use.

He nods to each person in turn before announcing his name Kitajo. He then seats himself with a mug of water.

Kitajo didn't hear Kitt's question, but also has not seen any dogs

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

I'm sure glad I did not bring my character named Kitoro. Almost did. That would have made three Kits.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Kit 1, Kit 2, and Kit 3 of course Shera would get them confused.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"No I haven't seen a dog big or otherwise. Are you missing one?" She nods at Kitajo. "Shera, and that lovely lady over there is Yanda." she waves in Firewarden Yanda's direction.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

A dog you say? I have not seen any dogs.

Sovereign Court

3.0

A disheveled scruffy looking man with sardonic grin strides into the room with a swagger. Not particularly handsome, he has an sardonic grin on his face, with long lanky brown kept in control by a black hat. He is clad in a long brown coat, which is open to reveal a chain shirt, while one hand grips a staff which he thumps on the ground as he walks.

He stops and looks around the room, taking in the various pathfinders gathered there. He gives a grin and half-bows to everyone "Greetings friends! The name is Dovian, and I look forward to getting to know the ladies here very well...and also sort out some minor task that that I heard the Society needs some help with"

He gives a wink to Shera and flourishes a spread of cards before her in his hand "Pick a card my beauty...and pray tell what rumors have you heard so far? We can trade...secrets"

Dovian's cards:
All the cards before Shera are Queen of Hearts

diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"Let's see." she studies the cards for a long moment. "I'll take the Queen of Hearts."

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Good day to you all!" a female gnome walks towards the group. She is wearing a red dragonhide breastplate and carries a lance. She is closely followed by a large axebeak "Is this team Kydkys? I am Yarricki and this is Thunder!" She points to the axebeak

"Isn't this exciting!? My strength lies in the fight, I am not really good at sweet-talking others or in magics, although I do have some protective magics of my own. If it comes to a fight, please do not stand before us as that will prevent us from charging. Who are you?"

Like Kitt I am GM'ing this one, so I will also take a backseat when it comes to some decision making.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"No worries here. I'm more of a back liner."

Yanda jostles her belt full of vials as she says that as if enforcing her statement with them.

"No sign of a dog, yet." Though it often feels like a travelling circus in the Pathfinders; I wonder what this 'dog' will look like, she thinks as she observes the Axebeak and muses over the other oddities various pathfinders have brought with them.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"These delicate hands are not made for fighting but for creating! I'm an engineer you see." Kitt tries to add something useful to the conversation but goes back shortly to calling out his 'dog' Terra.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

After hearing the relentless cries of his summoner, Terra slowly strolls her way to the group after she is satisfied playing with some dirt.

To call it a big dog would be certainly an understatement. This quadruped creature stands tall at about a meter tall, making it as large as the most wild cats. And it looks nothing like a dog. It's closer to a stone golem on fours, with a face built somewhat like a dog, but it could be anything really.

Terra quietly strolls in and falls at the Summoners side to take a nap.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Would Terra look something like a temple dog that Kitajo may have seen?

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt may call her a dog, but it looks nothing like a dog really. Normal people would not call her a dog. It's much more like a rock elemental on fours.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Ok, cool. Was just trying to see if Kitajo could make a connection to something he knew and spark some conversation.

Nodding to the stone creature Kitajo says That is an interesting companion you have Kitt. I have never seen anything like it.

Sovereign Court

3.0

As Shera picks a card from Dovian's hand and it opens to reveal the Queen of Hearts, Dovian sighs and folds the rest of the cards "Ah, the Queen of Hearts! Truly a sign that you reign over the hearts of your lowly subjects such as myself" Dovian kneels and sweeps her hand, planting a kiss on it

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera smiles at Dovian's actions. "You are my brave knight."

She looks to the "dog". "Well that's an unusual breed of dog. I also fight from a distance, and summon creatures in the name of Erastil." she reaches around and taps her bow.

Kit your description reminds me of the Zuul gargoyles from the original Ghostbusters.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

I have a lego figure for each of my characters, and I actually use the Terror Dog/Zuul gargoyle build from lego dimensions to represent Terra! So imagine exactly that but a more rocky build.

Terra growls and snaps for a short moment at Shera before lying herself back down. "I'm not a dog! I'm a mythical being."

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt scratches her head after calming her down."There you are! Terra here is a front liner herself, always getting in on the action. She may be lazy at times but she's useful in a fight, I've been teaching her some fancy tricks, this might be the day she can fly!" He nods proudly.

"For myself, I tend to stick to the back. I don't actively fight.. I don't believe in violence, but I believe in efficiency! So I use magic to help everyone, mainly Terra though. But if you need some magic armor ,or want to be big sized, or just need some magical guidance, i'm your man. Alternatively if you have any funny magic gimmicks I could use them too!"

Kitt plays totally support. If you have any special request do let me know, if you want me to hold wands and what not.. Even if it's not on my spell list, I have a fairly good UMD with +9

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera looks at Terra with a serious look on her face. "I'm sorry. You are clearly not a dog."


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Upon hearing Kitt bring up "magic armor" Kitajo reaches into his backpack and produces a wand. He passes it to Kitt. As you can see I wear no armor, so should we look to be heading into a situation where armor may be needed could you please use this on me. Wand of Mage Armor. I have a cure light too if anyone has that on their lists

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

I'll be happy to use your Cure light wand on you. I have that on my list, and some channels so we don't have to use all our resources.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo passes his wand of cure light wounds to the cleric. He had a minor moment, forgetting that Shera is a priest.

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian rises from his kneeling position and turns around to find himself face to face with a....stony creature thing. "Ahah! You must be the dog that our friend was looking for! What a magnificent beast! You are certainly the largest and...stoniest dog I've ever seen!"

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"I can use those healing wands too. If I might be so bold Kitajo, would you mind if we use that armoring wand on Thunder when it is needed?"

Still need to buy him armor...

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

The success of our mission will rely on us helping each other. After all the society motto is Explore, Report, Co-operate, isn't it? Thunder may benefit from the wand also, and any others who may require it


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

Dovian already did some mingling to catch some of the latest gossip. The others, however, might also have heard rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Drovian:
Many people in Absalom speak about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. You had your fortune told by a hawker in the street. Despite what doomsayers in the strees say, she fortold a great opportunity to explore the unknown and make a name for yourself. What's even more interesting, is that messenger from all over the Inner Sea have been arriving in Absalom. You had no trouble getting them to share a bit of what they knew: strange gateways have been appearing around the world. This hes led to a secret meeting from the messengers with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr. Supposedly these gateways were discussed, as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). Everyone except Drovian. One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn's Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn's Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Off to the side, several well-stocked merchants have been invited to the gathering, eager to provide their wares to big spenders such as Pathfinders, about to embark on a mission into the unknown. A tall elven man - a retired Pathfinder - approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart. "Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture-Officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion's atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment." He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it! It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...” He reaches into his spell component pouch. "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

I strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts tomorrow). The spell also protects an animal companion or eidolon, if you choose to have the spell cast.

The elven man then takes one of the small sacks from the youngster, a lad still in training at the Grand Lodge. "In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack, quickly bids you good luck and hustles over to the next team.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf. Your party also receives one wand of cure moderate wounds (5 charges). Please add these items to your inventory, and let me know who will take the wand. This is also the moment for any last-minute purchases.

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Kn History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

I can't see any obvious point where one could enter the spire, but they are said to contain great armies. There is also rumours that space and magic are bent is strange ways. It was constructed by a wizard after all.

Turning to the spell casting vendor Kitajo nods and accepts the spell casting. He also ticks the crystals into his backpack and the spineleaf he places around his neck.

There is a sash available that has pockets or something. I am in my car, but will look it up and maybe purchase one for my air crystals and potions and oils.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Great posts GM ;-)

"Yes please, can you also cast it on Thunder?"

Diplomacy aid the next player who rolls diplo: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"She must be speaking about the strange lights in the sky! It's all the buzz lately. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends. How scary is that huh!" Kitt says as he stuffs pouches of crystals and snapleaves in the pockets of his pants.

He also accepts the spellcasting service from the dodgy elf.
Spending 1 PP

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Kn Arc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Kn Geo untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Yanda has nothing to add to what Kitajo said, but she does want the protection offered.

"We're going to the comet up there? Yes, I think one would have to be crazy not to accept your protective spells. Go ahead. Shera, I suppose you should take the wand." She looks around to see if there are any objections.

GM Iff - are we still good with Yanda treating her pack mule as a mechanical conveyance for RP purposes? Its a new chronicle so I have to ask.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Know Arcane: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Shera shares the rumors she's heard with the rest of her fellow Pathfinders, "There have been strange gateways appearing all over the world. It may have something to do with the upheaval in the elemental planes. Also the Kyonin elves met with the Decemvirate recently which led to many eleven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel to be commissioned." Then she shares the one piece of information she knows about the Tower of Nex. "The tower of Nex was built a long time ago in an unsuccessful bid to invade Absalom in 166AR."

"I'll take the spell, and hold on to the wand."

I thought there was some kind of potion bolero type thing, but can't remember if that is still legal. I do recall seeing that potions are allowed in wrist sheaths in PFS.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

It was an Adventurer's Sash and costs 20gp, for no real mechanical advantage over a backpack in term of item retrieval so I will save my 20gp. The crystals can go in my pocket or something

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Follow me!" Yarricki shouts while she readies her shield and lance. She then urges Thunder through the gate...

1 to 50 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.