[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


551 to 600 of 615 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Maps: Absalom Initiation

As the Pathfinders keep fighting Ayrzul's defenders and slowly whittle down on the facets of the prison, more of the entity's power leaks out. Suddenly, a very powerful blast of positive energy bursts forth from the Vault, accompanied by a loud thunderclap and the strong smell of ozon.

Everyone heals 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 hit points, heals 1d2 ⇒ 1 points of ability damage to each ability score, and regains one daily use of a class feature. In addition, everyone recovers one or more spells that has total levels equal to his character level. Please make your choices as part of your next combat post.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Once more, Ayrzul sends defenders to disrupt the Pathfinders' attempts to breech the puzzle. He probably knows that his living statues are too weak to stand up to the Pathfinders for long, but maybe they only have to delay them long enough...

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Defenders: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Kitt (), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 2,5 minutes left)
Yarricki (barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder ()
Caryatid columns: Green (), Red ()
Yanda (cat's grace)
Dovian ()
Shera (-1. Morningstar -2, broken)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks. Thunderous Aid (See slide 8)

PENDING
Everyone - Choices for 'Winds of restoration' (detailed in post above this one)

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life
GM Iff wrote:
Dovian, the intent is that the PC's decide who gets the boon before they roll.

He came by the decision to use the +3 honestly. I posted that I gave the bonus to him before he rolled. I just wanted someone to get the bonus before they spoiled it by rolling and I picked him.

Yanda does not really have many choices for what she can take. The only 'per day' thing she has is her bombs so she will take a bomb. And she gets all three of her extracts back.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Thunder regains a surprise shift and Yarricki regains Barkskin

"Kitajo, to that red one! I will take care of the other!"

Yarricki delays until Kitajo has moved away

Yarricki waits until Kitajo has moved away and then gives Thunder the opportunity to charge the green dinosaur

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Trip: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 + 6 = 20

AoO's:
Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 3 = 12

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo will charge at the red enemy.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda:
It might have been language, but I got a different idea from what Dovian posted. Also, I checked that taking away the bonus wouldn't impact the result. Dovian did make the check without the bonus, and wouldn't have qualified for a double success even with it.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"What is this feeling? I feel... powerful!" Kitt yells as the winds of restoration bestow it's powers upon him.

Recover 2 level 1 and 1 level 2 spell. Since i'm a spontaneous caster, do I need to mention any specific spells?

The orb has pique his curiousity, and he attempts to connect with the duck of thunder. With that he is able to channel a spell towards Terra.

Thunderous Aid, UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Cat's Grace on Terra.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

With her new found agility, Terra hops across to her attacking buddy, and gnaws on the stone creature. However she is unable to balance herself well with the grace of a cat. Dog's don't like cats it seems.

bite,BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 101d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Don't feel bad Terra. I am sure our next attacks will be more in time and will hit more solidly

Sovereign Court

3.0

Thanks Yanda. No worries GM. Will try to be clearer in my wording next time

Dovian heals up, regains a use of arcane pool, and regains his grease spell

Dovian feels the blast of positive energy wash over him and suddenly feels invigorated "This is...incredible"

He moves forward and seeing that Kitajo and Terra are having trouble with their foe, casts another grease spell, attempting to topple it agin.

std action to cast grease spell targeting the one in between Kitajo and Terra, reflex DC14 or fall prone

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

I'll take back one Channel Energy, 1 Bless (level 1), and 1 Spiritual Weapon (level 2).


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yarricki holds Thunder back just as long as Kitajo needs to get away, then lets the axe beak have free reign. It charges and knocks the living statue to the ground, dealing considerable damage on the way. Yarricki's lance hits the prone creature and smashes a large chunk of it. Her lance once again makes a very ominous sound, but it seems to hold. Barely...

Kitajo makes for the red-veined statue. His strike hits, but only knocks a small piece of stone away. Terra has a bit of an unlucky spell; her bite fails to find purchase on the statue.

The green-hued creature doesn't try to stand up, but flails his sword at Thunder from its prone position, to no avail. The other one takes a step away from Terra, focusing its longsword strike at Kitajo. They still suffer from poor aim, and his attack is no match for the monk's defenses.

--

Dovian then aids Kitajo and Terra in their combat, and uses a spell to topple the red-veined statue. Both of them are now prone.

Kitt, no need to specify specific spells, since you're a spontaneous caster.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1,2 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Kitt (), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 2,5 minutes left. cat's grace, 4 minutes left)
Yarricki (barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder ()
Caryatid columns: Green (-26, prone), Red (-1, pronea)
Yanda (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Dovian ()
Shera (-1. Morningstar -2, broken)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks. Thunderous Aid (See slide 8)

PENDING
none

GM rolls:

Lance damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) = 12
Green attack, prone: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 4 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Red attack, Kitajo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Reflex save, red: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo will stay put and punch down at the enemy.

Flurry Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 4 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Flurry Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 4 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Thunder dances back, away from the prone statue while Yarricki is studying the best spot to hit this particular one. Then they both attack.

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 14


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra bites strong and hard at the downed enemy.

bite,BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 141d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 = 12

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda attempts to cast Cat's Grace from the sphere again.

UMD: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Then she moves over near Dovian and touches him to deliver the spell.

Prone is NOT friendly to ranged combat. Adding in the winds that makes a -6. So spell casting it is then.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Green is dead, red is at -18. That one still has a decent chunk of health left.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera is feeling healed, and refreshed. She makes a request of the being trapped in the puzzle. "Could you please assist us in our fight? I would love to be more Graceful." It does not go well.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Maps: Absalom Initiation

While Thunder and Yarricki finish the green-hued statue, Kitajo and Terra team up once more to rough up the red-veined one.

Yanda seems to have found the trick to coax forth useful power from the being in the prison, while Shera still needs to find the right tone.

The statue stays on the ground and tries to stab its sword upwards at Terra. The attack would have hit, except that Terra feels more nimble, carried by winds that allow her to evade the strike.

I think Terra is at AC 22 now, due to mage armor and cat's grace?

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2,3 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Kitt (), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 2,5 minutes left. cat's grace, 4 minutes left)
Yarricki (barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder ()
Caryatid columns: Green (dead), Red (-18, pronea)
Yanda (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Dovian (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Shera (-1. Morningstar -2, broken)

ENVIRONMENT
Dim light (negated by copious amounts of wayfinders). Intermittent burst of wind: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks. Thunderous Aid (See slide 8)

PENDING
none

GM rolls:

Attack Terra: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo punches again.

Flurry Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Flurry Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

I think Kitajo gets an additional +4 since it is prone.

Yanda tries for yet another Cat's Grace but fails this time.

UMD: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Yeah, I do. Forgot to add it. I have been copy pasting the flurry since it is a pain to type all the time and missed the edit


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Yes, Terra's AC is at 22!
@Yanda, Kitajo. I believe it's a -4 to AC not a +4 to attack.

Terra bites strong and hard at the downed enemy.

bite,BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 1 = 251d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11

Kitt watches in the distance as he taps himself with some guidance while he attempts what piece of the puzzle he wants to solve next.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kinda wishing I had pummeling style rather than jabbing style right now. Pummeling style adds all the damage together before DR so I would be hitting for 5 more each turn, when I hit twice. But if wishes were horses beggers would ride.

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian, nods at Yanda as he feels his limbs are further energised. He moves forward and flicks a card at the prone caryatid.

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 nice
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 I'm on fire!
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

"Time for you to fold"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera again tries to speak to the prisoner. "Thank you for your help so far. We're trying our best to free you." She will take the Cats Grace.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

With the help of dozens of other Pathfinders, all working together, the last of the circles and their strange guardians fall!

Sorrina Westyr's image manifests to the Pathfinders, standing before a floating metallic polyhedron scribed with countless shifting glyphs. “We have done it! Now how to open this—”

A great crack interrupts the Master of Spell's musings, as an immense three-eyed giant with skin like hewn stone steps through a tear in space, with an army pouring out past her. The giant bellows so that all can hear. “I acknowledge your strength, little ones, for you have angered my benefactor enough to send me. I and my warriors, the Daemon Prayers, honor it with unyielding death. Seize the Vault! Slay them all!”

Sorrina Westyr urgently pipes in. “We just need a few more minutes to secure our prize and escape. Hold them off as long as you can!”

Drandle Dreng’s shaggy head appears once again in the divination window. “You heard her, Pathfinders!” He says, fist raised. “Go get ‘em!”

Table GMs, begin the final encounters.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The Pathfinders of Team Kydkys deal with the living statues and consult with the other teams on how best to deal with this new threat. It is decided that the assembled Pathfinders will split up in three groups, with two heading back the way they came to deal with the threat of the Daemon Prayers and make sure there's a clear exit, while the third group stays behind to solve the final facets and protect those that do the solving.

You get a choice of battle maps here, but I made the choice for you in order to speed things along.

Because the conditions in the Vault room are not ideal for Shera or Yanda, they decide to head back to the surface of the asteroid, into the once-frozen city. Who knows, perhaps they'll even have a chance to meet up with Zoto again...

Don't forget you can still call him in as an ally for one encounter, as a free action.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The Pathfinders makes their way back through the frozen lake until they reach the ruined city on the surface of the asteroid. The sun is currently on the other side of the asteroid, but the rotation's effects are clearly visible.

They spot that the vanguard of the Daemon Prayers have made it to this location already. A fanged humanoid approaches, with hideously transparent skin that reveals the vivid colors of internal organs and ivory bones inside its body. He wiels a wicked-looking two-pronged sword and holds to leash to an emaciated, hairless canine that has a strange air of menace and cruelty about it.

Knowledge Planes DC 13, ID black:
This is an Urdefhan, offspring from the daemons of Abaddon. On Golarion, they live inthe Darklands realm of Orv. (One question, plus one per five by which you beat the DC)

Knowledge Planes DC 13, ID red:
The canine is a Yeth Hound, an evil outsider that delights in hunting intelligent prey.(One question, plus one per five by which you beat the DC)

The humanoid drops the cananin's leash and speaks in Aklo. Even for those not well-verses in the language, the intent is clear. "Kill! Attack!" The canine doesn't go straight for the Pathfinders, but rather hides behind one of the pillar. The humanoid draws his sword and challenges the Pathfinders to come forth.

New map up on slide 6.

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Black/red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2,3 - Bold may act

Red (readied action)
Black (readied action)
Yanda (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Kitt (), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 2,5 minutes left. cat's grace, 4 minutes left)
Dovian (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Shera (-1. cat's grace, 3 minutes left. Morningstar -2, broken)
Kitajo (mage armor, 39 minutes left)
Yarricki (barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder ()

ENVIRONMENT
Low gravity, normal temperature, normal light.

PENDING
none

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo retrieves a small bottle from his backpack and rubs the contents into his hands. Oil of magic fang, +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage for 1 minute

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"This is it friends! May efficiency be ever in our favour!" Kitt yells, as he does so he fortifies Terra's defences by casting an arcane shield around her.

Once done, he looks to retrieve his only magical rod. Noding to himself, smirking along the way. "This will do just fine."


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Just one square short of reach!

Terra again without hesitation runs straight into the heat of battle. "Grrrl"

Move and ready action to attack any enemy within range.

Ready action and 3 possible AoOs:

Magic Bite 1, BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 1 = 221d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 = 14
Magic Bite 2, BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 141d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16
Magic Bite 3, BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 1 = 151d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 = 12
Magic Bite4 , BS,PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 101d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

GM, can I cast barkskin on Thunder during the travel to the surface?

Yarricki urges Thunder forward and tries to strike the weird canine

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 14
Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 18
Additional Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 30

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda also puts up an arcane shield, but by using an extract instead of a summoners spell, then makes her way cautiously forward.

I'm assuming all spells have expired and the trip took far longer that 3 minutes.

Knowledge Planes DC 13, ID black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Knowledge Planes DC 13, ID red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Looking for energy resistances, special defenses, and special abilities


Maps: Absalom Initiation
Firewarden Yanda wrote:

I'm assuming all spells have expired and the trip took far longer that 3 minutes.

I had hoped that no one would notice this. :*) You are right to ask about it, though. Truth is, they haven't expired. The scenario offers a choice of maps, and one of the is the Vault room. There, its assumed that this fight occurs directly after the previous encounter, and that you can use all the buffs you got. To keep it fair, this is also the case when the group selects a different map (like I've done for you). It doesn't makes perfect sense, but it'll have to do. Yarricki, because of that I would rather not allow buffing in between the encounters. Others have used their first turn here to buff, which wouldn't really be fair in that case.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda knows that the Urdefhan (black) is resistant to acid (10) and reacts to positive and negative energy like an undead would. The Yeth hound is not resistant or immune to any energy types. It can fly, though it seems to hide that capability from you currently. Furthermore, it's resistant to weapons not made of alchemical silver.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

No problem GM!

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

When you say resistant to acid, does that include alkali?

So the Cat's Grace and Shield spells are still active from the previous encounter? If so, she will down the targeting admixture instead.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda, it seems that way: "Against non-ooze creatures, an alkali flask functions as a normal flask of acid." And indeed, shield and cat's grace are still up.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera casts Bless on the group,and then she moves forward drawing her bow as she goes.

+1 To attack rolls and saves against fear


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitajo bolsters as offenses for this final fight, while Kitt uses his magic to protect Terra. Terra, buffed to the brink, strides forward by the most direct line possible.

Yarricki steeds Thunder around the building, but still has enough speed to make it. Thunder's bite can be dodged by the Yeth Hound, but it has no chance of dodging Yarricki's lance. The lance runs straight through, skewering the creature and killing it instantly.

Yanda moves forward, and uses some magic to make her bombs more accurate. She's followed by Shera, who blesses the entirity of the party with the exception of Thunder and Yarricki who are too far away for the blessing to reach them.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act

Red, yeth hound (dead)
Black, Urdefhan (readied action)
Yanda (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Kitt (), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 2,5 minutes left. cat's grace, 4 minutes left. shield, 4 minutes left.)
Dovian (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Shera (-1. cat's grace, 3 minutes left. Morningstar -2, broken)
Kitajo (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Yarricki barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder ()

ENVIRONMENT
Low gravity, normal temperature, normal light.
All save Yarricki/Thunder - bless

PENDING
none


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Botting Dovian
Dovian draws a card and moves forward, hoping to take advantage of the low gravity to let his weapon soar. However, it's too far away and the shrine is in the way.

The humanoid with the transparent skin curses when he sees his hound speared by Yarricki. He doesn't seem eager to confront the gnome on her axe beak. Instead, he charges at Terra. He is a formidable fighter with his strange two-pronged sword, but Terra's magical defenses hold, deflecting the attack.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act

Red, yeth hound (dead)
Black, Urdefhan (readied action)
Yanda (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Kitt (), Terra (mage armor, 39 minutes left. Bull's Strength, 2,5 minutes left. cat's grace, 4 minutes left. shield, 4 minutes left.)
Dovian (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Shera (-1. cat's grace, 3 minutes left. Morningstar -2, broken)
Kitajo (cat's grace, 3 minutes left)
Yarricki barkskin, 39 minutes left), Thunder ()

ENVIRONMENT
Low gravity, normal temperature, normal light.
All save Yarricki/Thunder - bless

PENDING
none

GM rolls:

Charge attack, sword: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Did Terra's ready action and AoOs not do anything?

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo will move into position near Terra.

My buffs are not correct I don't think GM Iff

Kitajo will punch at the enemy and use his stunning fist ability.

unarmed strike+magic fang: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

if it hits then Stunning Fist dc 14


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Oops, they did. Both the readied attack and the AoO hit, and leave black severely Wounded. Will take that into account into next update. Will also get the buffs sorted by then. Kitajo should still have Mahe armor, probably a copy-paste error somewhere. I noticed that I also forgot Yanda's most recent buff.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

GM Iff, i was editing my action when you last posted because i could make the enemy in a single move. Just wanted to make sure you saw that.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda makes her way to the sidelines of the action where she can get a clear shot and arrows a bomb at the remaining enemy.

to hit ranged touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 9 = 18

Yanda should have shield, cat's grace, bless, and targeted admixture up

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt decides to go all out on these bullies! He concentrates on casting a spell.

Casting enlarge person!


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Using Yanda's bomb as a distraction, Terra moves around the enemy and attempts to take it down once more.

magic bite,bs,pa: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 1 = 241d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 = 13

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera moves forward and fires an alchemical silver arrow at the remaining creature.

Longbow, Cats Grace, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Damage Silver: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

551 to 600 of 615 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.