[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


251 to 300 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Well that worked better than expected

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 4

@yarricki
"No mystery there. One of my extracts gives fire resistance, and I have a very meticulous and logical head well suited to combatting the spread of fire."


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The woman doesn't seem to recognize the moniker 'Pathfinders'. She nods at hearing her own name, though. "Yes, I am Zhaleh Setat. My blood flows back to the last Saline Padishah. Long have I served Kelizandri, if only because of a bargain to keep my city safe. You must understand that life on the Elemental Planes is harsh. The Elemental Lords are ruthless and uncaring..." Her posture sags slightly. "As part of out agreement, I came here to oversee the work here on Aucturn's Tear, to build this... Vault."

"As we worked the winds picked up, seemingly coming from within the asteroid. They carried a voice, thundering but faint." There's a glimmer of inspiration in her eyes as she speaks, but it's faint. " It spoke of hope, and better days for me and my people. It gave me courage to rebel, to lead these people against their fellows, and against the wishes of the Brackish Emperor." She closes her eyes, and the spark is gone when she opens them again. "We failed. Ayrzul intervened, and stopped the asteroid from spinning. The cold hurt us, and allowed Kelizandri to send for reinforcements more suitable to those conditions. I... I nearly led these people to ruin."

--

Roleplay encounters have their own challenges with regards to timing. I will not wait with updating until everyone has posted like I would in a combat situation, but I will try to slow down occasionally to make things balanced and give all of you a chance to contribute.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"Well times are changing. Rumor has it that the balance of power on the elemental planes is shifting and we, as Pathfinders, find ourselves in the thick of it as we always do. I am hopeful we may aid one another. In fact I strongly suspect that our missions are one and the same. We too, are interested in this voice of hope and, perhaps, allowing this hope to prosper. It should be noted that we are but one of a number of groups exploring this asteroid. Hmmm. It occurs to me that we have made an ally that knows far mroe than we do. What say the rest of you? Should we summon our elemental friend at this time?"

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

I sense that she is worried for the fate of her people. After leading them into this situation, I think we can help restore her confidence and help her lead them out.

I made the sense motive and tried to convey the info without just copy pasting it. Social intersction is hard

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Did you notice that the asteroid is spinning again? That is work from other Pathfinders. "

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Being more a man of science than of speech, Kitt stays towards the back of the room, staring in awe at what is happening. He nods in agreement to emphasis the Pathfinders being a force of good and can help her restore balance. Kitt shrugs at the idea of bringing the water elemental into the picture, he's at a lost what's best for the group at this moment.

Sorry! Not to be unhelpful. As much as I'd like to contribute, I feel my knowledge of the scenario would be cheating.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Lets summon our Water Elemental friend. If what they said earlier is to be believed, and we have no reason to doubt them, Zhaleh led a rebellion against Kelizandri. Reuniting the water elemental with Zhaleh would bolster spirits I feel.

We could be wasting the chance to have the elemental aid us either in a social interaction or a fight later, but maybe the place of the small water elemental is with this larger group and the leader who could protect it

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera moves forward. "We have been asked to help by someone on this asteroid. I have an ally who may be able to help you trust our word." She summons our water elemental ally.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Shera whistles, and before long a water elemental rounds the corner. He first thinks there's trouble, but then quickly sees Zhaleh and her followers. "You did it! You freed them. Thankyou!" he exclaims in Common. He then quickly switches to Aquan, counting on Yanda to translate. "We fled the city to escape imprisonment, but I was caught by loyalists. It was nearly over for me, but then these people came, and they rescued me! They are formidable fighters. This genasi," he says, pointing at Yanda, "wields the power of fire and explosions. While that one - Shera - is very good with the bow. And kind, too! And the others as well, of course," he concludes, not wanting anyone to feel left out.

Zhaleh is visibly grateful that another of her group was rescued, and she welcomes him back. She also acknowledges Yarricki's observation regarding the spinning of the asteroid. "That is an impressive feat, no doubt. And I thank you for saving Zoto. Still, even if there are other Pathfinders in the asteroid with you... The entrance to the Vault is just beyond this cavern. You would be facing the best of Ayrzul's troops." She looks at Shera, who mentioned helping someone on the asteroid. "I once thought as you did, and nothing would make me happier than to see it freed. But, I... I don't think it can be done. As sorry as I am to walk away from these winds, it seems like the only viable choice."

--

You made a good case already, and the aid of the water elemental definitely helped (+2 circumstance bonus on the Diplomacy check). However, Zhelah is not swayed yet and needs some more encouragement. Shera has made a Diplomacy check already, but the others can make one as well. I will take the highest check result and count the others as Aid Another attempts.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

"I'm not a man of the sword or of the fight for any matter, but if what little support I give to this team helps to vanquish any amount of evil, I'll gladly support it! You mention the fight ahead being tough, than I imagine with need every help we can get!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Rolling and hoping for luck

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Nope

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Yarricki nods, but has nothing more to add to the case that her fellow Pathfinders are making.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Besides offering translations for those who might not know the language any discussion is in, Yanda also offers her thoughts.

"You could just leave, but I sincerely doubt that you would be safe even if you did. The arm of your enemies reach far beyond this rock. The best, perhaps the only effective way, to fight your enemies is to take a stand here and now while you may avail yourself of the powerful assistance that is being offered. Any general knows that you do not split your forces if that means giving up a superiority in a crucial battle. And make no mistake, there is a lot at stake here and now."


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Your results so far are enough to beat the highest DC required. I'll move on, but if you haven't posted yet feel free to add your inspirational speech. :)

Your words are enough to rekindle the flame of hope in Zhaleh's eyes. She straightens herself to her full towering 16 foot tall and squares her shoulders. "Yes. You are right! The damage is already done, and I have served long enough. I will ride this wave and see where it takes me: it is better to die for a worthy cause - if it comes to that - than to suffer under the yoke of the Brackish King for another thousand years."

She then drops to one knee, so that she can more easily converse with the Pathfinders, even if she still has to look down. "I can aid you in four ways. First, I will show you the way to the Vault Entrance, beyond this cavern. You will have to traverse it to gain access to the Vault, where Ayrzul's prisoner is held. Second is a piece of advice, or knowledge, that I heard on the winds. I'm not sure what its significance is, but I am sure it must be important. The phrase is "Lightning in the distance may seem without sound, but Thunder always follows, eventually..." She pauses for a moment to let her words sink in, then continues. "Third, I will speak with the people who followed my ill-fated rebellion. It is their choice individually, but it is my belief that they will flock to this cause once more. You will know when they do." She takes a brief look over her shoulder, proud at the assembled group of outsiders.

"Finally... You may know that my kind has access to many magical powers. The most potent among those is the ability to grant a wish. Once per year, to be precise. As a personal token of my appreciation for freeing me, I will grant your group this wish, to aid in your cause. You could choose wrath upon the enemies of Ayrzul that you meet, or armaments to aid you in your fight. The wish also has the ability to heal your wounds, but it seems like that won't be necessary." She straightens. "Confer among yourselves. Choose wisely, and come to me once you have decided on your wish."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera moves a little bit away from Zhaleh and her group, and waves over the others.

"What type of help do you think we should ask for? The location to the entrance or aid of the others are both good ideas. I also like the idea of the wish. Do any of you have a case for one of the four?"

My preference of gifts:
Wish: armaments
Aid
Location
Piece of information


Maps: Absalom Initiation

You get all four gifts, Shera. The way to the Vault Entrance is open, and the sentence she gave is a clue that will might come in handy later in the adventure. The aid might come later, depending on the successes of the other tables. The question for the group now is just what kind of wish you'd like. Sorry if that was unclear. :*)

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Thank you that makes sense.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"You can choose, as long as Thunder is with me I do not want for anything."

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo is utilitarian in his thinking. I do not mind if we choose either wrath or armaments. Armaments are of little use to me, I do not wear armour and while I can use weapons I prefer my fists and feet. Take what will benefit the most people.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt ponders long and hard, but it seems to hurt his brain a little, "Well, what do we think could be the most useful to create the best efficiency?" Kitt makes a convincing argument with himself that they are all equally good, unable to come to a conclusion. Having better weapons may allow the team to strike through the enemy with greater ease, but destroying the enemy with wrath also can strike them with greater ease. Decisions, decisions.

Too deep to choose :) Will be happy with whatever whoever picks!

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Seems like Wrath might work best for us since Kitajo doesn't use weapons, Yanda trows things, and Kit's Eidelon doesn't use weapons. Unless someone can come up with another idea along the same lines like AC increases for all?

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Could we ask for DR to something, or multiple somethings. Taking 5 or 10 damage off a hit may prove useful?

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"I say we ask for the wrath thing. Seems like the most likely to be useful."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“The crater has been claimed, but our divinations indicate that Ayrzul is not happy about this! We’re experiencing unexpected surges in gravity everywhere, especially near the crater and vault!” Sorrina Westyr declares, madly strapping herself down as everything as everything rattles and shakes around her. “Hold on!”

Meanwhile behind her, Drendle Dreng is holding up a bottle, as he weaves back and forth in the convulsing landscape. “I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky tumbling down... WOOOOOO HOOOOO!”

___
AREA B; The Crater, is claimed and safe for travel! GMs, there is an Earth Event happening now!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Maps: Absalom Initiation

No sooner does the image of Sorraina Westyr appear, of there is a large rumble deep in the ground below the cavern. The roof of the ice cavern creaks dangerously, but it holds. As the Master of Spells warned, there is suddenly an increase in gravity, making it almost normal for Golarion. However, after getting used to low gravity, this feels like a crushing force, causing it hard to breath and your knees to nearly buckle. Luckily, the effect doesn't last long. After about half a minute, gravity returns to its (low) normal.

"So, you have definitely drawn the attention of the Fossilized King," Zhelah remarks from a distance. "You'd best choose quickly, and then I'll take you to the Vault Entrance."

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"I think I'd be happy with a nice all around resistance to the various elements. Similar to resist energy or protection from energy from all four elements. Seeing as how elementals are running rampant here, it seems prudent. Is this possible?"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

I like that idea Yanda. Like DR against elements?


Maps: Absalom Initiation

I could see that working, and will move forward on the basis of that wish tomorrow morning unless I hear dissenting opinions. Around 8 AM CEST I will post the resolution of this encounter and the next encounter. If anyone wants to post your in-game asking of the wish, I'd appreciate that.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Technically not Kitt's idea, but I'll do it!

Kitt paces back and forth, more and more ideas tumbling in his little brain. But something triggers an idea, a light bulb, maybe it is whispers in the wind, maybe interdimensional beings planting ideas in his head. He blurts it out loudly. "I WISH FOR ELEMENTAL RESISTANCES!"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"Excellent idea Kitt. I agree." Shera calls out with conviction.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Zhaleh returns to the group upon hearing Kitt express their wish. She inhales deeply, and breaths out a very fine mist that encompasses the group of Pathfinders for a few moments. When the mist clears, she formally states "Your wish is granted." Then, less formal and more urgently she leads the Pathfinders to one of the tunnels leading beyond the cavern. "This is the way forward. It's half an hour onward from here, I estimate. Prepare to meet with all kinds of resistance."

Everyone gets fire/cold/acid/electricity resist 3 for the rest of the scenario.

--

Indeed, Zhaleh's estimation proves correct and after some thirty minutes of traveling through the icy caves the environment changes. The temperature gradually rises to a comfortable temperature and the ice walls of the tunnels gives way to rough natural rock.

GM rolls:

Minutes: 5 + 2d10 + 10 ⇒ 5 + (8, 7) + 10 = 30


Maps: Absalom Initiation

After a few twists and turns, there is light up ahead. Vaulted arcs of stone create a bizarre network of geometric recesses, like a petrified beehive but orders of magnitude larger. As they enter the structure, the aura of the planetary apadation spell around the Pathfinders sparkles slightly, a sign that it is blocked radioactivity.

In one of the cells stands an altar smeared with blood and ochre. Two men prowl the altar and spot the intruders. They are humanoid and both display the trappings of a follower of Kelizandri. However, their clothing is smeared in filthy and smeared in blood. The one in red has several chunks of skin and flesh missing, showing parts of his skull and bones in his arms, in which he wield a bastard sword. The one in blue has postules on his skin, which has rotted in several places. It is unarmed.

Knowledge religion DC 12, ID blue:
This creature is a huecuva, a somewhat intelligent undead that carries a filthy disease on its claws. (One question, plus one for every 5 by which you beat the DC.)

Knowledge religion DC 19, ID red:
The creature is a bone priest, a follower of an evil deity that was driven mad by his death and subsequently reanimated. It has all the magic at its disposal, that it did in life, as well as Madness-related abilities. It has an unnerving stare that strikes fear into the hearts of everyone that sees it. This is a gaze attack with a 30-foot radius that causes the shaken condition. (One question for every 5 by which you beat the DC.)

New map up on slide 6.

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Red,blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

STATUS TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Yanda
Red
Blue
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Shera
Dovian

ONGOING EFFECTS
Bright light. Low gravity. Normal temperature.

PENDING
-

GM rolls:

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki is taking in the environment and fails to note the defenders...

I seem to have awful luck with my initiative checks in this special, I am glad that is more than offset by my to hits ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kn Religion ID Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Kn Religion ID Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Unable to identify red or blue Kitajo moves up for a closer look. Double move

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt hesitates as he sees more hostiles, mostly because he's running out of spells. He considers himself for a moment, and the potential worst things that they might run into. Instead of his normal shield spell, he cast a spell of guidance on his companion. "Undead like beings! Terra attack!"

Guidance on Terra.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra makes another dash towards the enemies, but once again finds herself slightly short to make an immediate attack. Instead, she chooses to hide around the corner and wait for a perpetrator to come around for her to pounce upon.

Move and Ready attack

magic bite, guidance, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 121d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13
AoO1 magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 171d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
AoO2 magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 131d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

Wow them rolls. Terra has Acid immunity by the way. :)

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda is untrained in knowledge religion and cannot make those rolls.

Yanda moves forward and takes her mutagen gaining dex and armor.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitajo, Kitt, Terra and Yanda are first to react to the new threat and approach the shrine with its altar and its two defenders. The man with rotted skin is smart enough to realize that Kitajo has moved around the corner, and moves to cut him off. The creature swipe a claw at the monk, but misses wildly.

The other Kelizandrite, the one with the bastard sword, repositions and draws a bead on Yanda. "Kelizandri, we will not fail You. Not again!" He casts a spell and a shimmering ghostly trident appears in front of Yanda. It hovers in front of her and stabs at the sylph, but Yanda easily sidesteps the trident, much to the chagrin of its creator.

Spellcraft DC 17 to identify the spell being cast:
This is a spiritual weapon spell.

Kitajo:
The man in red has a very powerful gaze that strikes fear in one's heart. At the beginning of your turn, please make a Will save DC 15. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. If you fail, you are shaken for 1d4 round.

--

STATUS TRACKER - Round 1 & 2 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 22 minutes left. guidance)
Yanda
Red
Blue
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Shera
Dovian

ONGOING EFFECTS
Bright light. Low gravity. Normal temperature.

PENDING
Kitajo - See spoiler.

GM rolls:

Huecuva attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Know Religion Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Know Religion Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"The blue one is a huecuva, a somewhat intelligent undead that carries a filthy disease on its claws. Don't let it touch you if you can help it." She moves in and fires an arrow at the red one.

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

The image of Sorrina Westyr appears as she helps an enormous water elemental dispatch a band of gargoyles. “We do not stand alone in our efforts, my friends. Our teams discovered a band of rebels fighting back against our adversaries and we have begun to coordinate with them. Some much needed assistance should be arriving shortly.”

Table GMs, the Allies benefit is now in play!

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Kitajo launches a flurry of blows, drawing on an inner reserve of energy to strike a third time.
Burnign a ki point to add an attack to my flurry. As always Jabbing damage is added if the previous strike hits. Fingers crossed.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Flurry 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Jabbing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Flurry 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Jabbing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

If all 3 hit then that is 27 damage, before any DR or resist jiggery pokery

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda now appears all stretched out, with elongated fingers and multiple joints. She already looked like she would be blown away by a moderate breeze, but now she looks practically thready. But however odd the transformation may look, she is now incredibly quick and difficult to hit.

After moving forward so that she is in her preferred range, she tosses a bomb at the furthest undead (red).

+9/2d6+5 or 7 splash bomb [rng: 20 ft; 20/x2*; fire] (+2[BAB] +3[dex] +2[mutagen dex] +1[tany] +1[pblank]/2d6 +4[int] +1[pblank]); DC 15 Reflex save for half splash damage

To Hit Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt follows behind the crowd, withdrawing a wand from his wrist sheath, and also withdrawing a rod.

"It looks like the Marid has heed our calls!"

Swift action draw wand of cure lesser eidolon from spring loaded wrist sheath. Move action to move 30ft and move action to withdraw rod


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

After Yanda throws a bomb, Terra looks to it as the perfect opportunity to strike cold into the heart of the creature. (If it has a heart) She makes her way up the stairs getting as close as possible and unleashes a bite! However, a flying particle from the bomb blast gets in her eye, and causes her to miss.

magic bite,guidance,PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 81d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11
The dice hates me!

AoOs:

AoO 1 magic bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 111d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13
AoO 2 magic bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 171d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11


From behind you, around a corner of the last icy tunnel, a small water elemental. It's Zoto, who waves one of his appendages at you. Judging from Sorrina Westyr's call and from his presence, the followers of Zhaleh have indeed decided to join your cause. The Allies benefit is in play. That means you can call on the aid of the Water Elemental in another encounter.

--

Shera finds a clear shot through to the spellcaster. She hits, but her arrow does not seem to cause as much damage as she had hoped. Yanda's bomb easily hits her target, and his already stained robe goes up in flames, revealing more of his gruesome bone-covered body. The man bites through the pain, and seems all the more determined because of it. Terra next makes her move, but she doesn't manage to get a good grip.

Meanwhile, Kitajo launches a staggering volley of blows into the huecuva. His attacks aren't just fast, but accurate as well. Within a span of six seconds, he's smashed the undead creature into the wall and onto its final rest. Blue dies.

--

STATUS TRACKER - Round 1 & 2 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Yanda
Red (-13)
Blue (dead)
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Shera
Dovian

ONGOING EFFECTS
Bright light. Low gravity. Normal temperature.

PENDING
-

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki and Thunder circle around the altar. Yarricki tries to find the right spot to hit the enemy double move and study


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Botting Dovian. Haven't seen him in a while, and had already sent him a PM to check in with him.

Thunder takes Yarricki around the shrine on swift feathered legs, while Dovian takes a more cautious approach.

The shimmering trident still haunts Yanda, and this time she cannot dodge its attack, despite her increased agility. It pierces her shoulder, causing a small puncture wound. (5 damage to Yanda). The spellcaster is bolstered by this success, and starts swinging at Terra with his greatsword. "You creature of earth, traitor to this cause... Feel the wrath of the crushing wave. You'll never make it to the Vault!" However, the man's bark is worse than his bite, and his sword attack glances off Terra's rock-like skin.

Kitajo, Yanda, Terra, Yarricki:
The man in red has a very powerful gaze that strikes fear in one's heart. At the beginning of your turn, please make a Will save DC 15. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. If you fail, you are shaken for 1d4 round.

--

STATUS TRACKER - Round 2 & 3 - Bold may act

Kitajo (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 22 minutes left)
Yanda (-5)
Red (-13)
Blue (dead)
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Shera
Dovian

ONGOING EFFECTS
Bright light. Low gravity. Normal temperature.

PENDING
Kitajo, Yanda, Terra, Yarricki - See spoiler

GM rolls:

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Greatsword Terra: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki and Thunder move further around the altar until they can attack the guardian on the stairs.

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Power attack, studied target
Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 12

Edit: Completely missed the spoiler!
Will Yarricki: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Will Thunder: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Sovereign Court

3.0

Whew! Sorry guys, things have been slightly hectic on my end. Been travelling the past few days. And nice choice on the wish, Dovian wouldn't really need more armaments with his cards handy!

Although alarmed when Yanda starts chucking bombs around, Dovian's protests are quickly silenced when the Veela emerge from the ice. Whilst the party converses with Zhaleh, Dovian does his best to chat up several of the Veela and as a consequence misses most of the conversation. When the party makes a move, he executes a quick bow before joining them deeper into the caves, where he quickly catches up on what happened with Zhaleh.

"Great job Kitajo!"

Moving into range of the remaining foe, Dovian channels his arcane energy into his cards and flicks one at the enemy

swift=arcane strike, move, std=attack

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Shaken: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Shaken for 2 rounds

Despite his shaken state Kitajo advances on the red enemy.

He will prepare to attack should someone distract the enemy from the opposite side.

Readying an attack should a flank appear

Unarmed strike inc flank and shaken: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

251 to 300 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.