[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


201 to 250 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

No worries.

Shera waits until it gets close and then tries holy power on it. It's made of darkness light can't hurt.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki is still riding Thunder
Will
Yarricki: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Thunder: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
I assume Yarricki again made that save
Acrobatics Thunder: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Reflex Yarricki: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Reflex Thunder: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Shera's channel is enough to hold back the haunt and disperse it for the moment. Will do a proper update tomorrow morning. No further saves are necessary.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"Thank you, Shera. I don't know how many more times we could have faced that thing without someone getting seriously injured."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"You are welcome. I don't want anyone to slip and fall."

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

I assume the party hurries onward around the corner.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Proper update for Shera's action, as promised.

As the image of the leviathan gets close, a voice reveberates through the icy caverns. It sounds like crunching ice and rolling waves, as if Kelizandri himself were speaking. "Insects! You ssssshhhhall perisssssshhhhh on this rrrrrrock. Ourrrrrr combined might ssssshhhall crrrrrrussssshhhh you, like a sssshhhhip on the rrrrrrocks. He is ourrrrrs to seal away, forrrrrr eternity!"
Shera cuts it close and waits until the last moment to invoke the power of Erastil, but she is confident and a burst of positive energy radiates out from her in all directions. It acts as a shield against the leviathan, who is rebuffed and slinks away, no doubt to seek others to terrorize or to haunt them again later. Still, is buys the Pathfinders time to make it to the next bend, and away from the chasm-filled part of the tunnels.

Great work, I've reported your success in this encounter. Next one incoming in a short while.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

The frozen tunnels level off, causing the melting water to accumulate in bone-chilling pools. Droplets run down the thawing walls with supernatural purpose, whittling away relief carvings of an enormous dragon devouring entire cities. Warm wind still greet you from up ahead in the tunnels, adding to the sense that you're going in the right direction, and getting close.

Up ahead, beyond a shallow pool of about 4 foot deep, stands a creature guarding these hallways, dipping it's feet in the pool of water. It's an ice mephit, as you already encountered in the frozen city on the surface.

Perception DC 24+, for those entering area marked A:
There's another creature in the hallway to the left, hiding behind a wall. It seems to be a vampiric mist, similar to the one you encountered in the forest area.

- The black areas on the map are walls that block line of sight and movement.
- Please be aware that the entire area is dark. I've indicated Shera's light source. The marked area is normal light, twice as far is dim light.
- Pools have been marked in blue. They are 3-5 foot deep as indicated, and are therefore treated as deep bog: "A square that is part of a deep bog has roughly 4 feet of standing water. It costs Medium or larger creatures 4 squares of movement to move into a square with a deep bog, or characters can swim if they wish. Small or smaller creatures must swim to move through a deep bog. Tumbling is impossible in a deep bog."

--

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
Shera: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 0 + 2 = 6
Mephit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
???: 1d20 ⇒ 11

COMBAT TRACKER - Surprise Round - Characters in bold may act (all others are surprised).

Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 52 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 52 minutes left)
Dovian
Ice Mephit
Yanda
Shera
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder

--

ONGOING EFFECTS
Light on Shera, indicated as a yellow circle. Otherwise totally dark. Low gravity. Severely cold. Pools of 3-5 foot deep, indicated by blue outlines and treated as deep bog.

PENDING
-

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo takes his wayfinder from around his neck and mutters the word triggering light to begin to shine from it.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Seeing an enemy, Kitt once again decides the best course of action is to fortify his companion. "Terra! Let's go!" He touches her with arcane power providing her with a magical force shield, bearing a symbol of a screwdriver.

Shield and Move.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Proficient in seeing in the dark, Terra continuously moves towards the threat. She growls at it, with her sharp teeth. "Come and get me!"

Double move. And rolled some AoO as usual!

dice rolls:

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
AoO 1, magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 201d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13
AoO 2, magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 241d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Shera drinks a potion of Endure Elements. That water looks cold. She moves right next to the bog.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Is there any point in taking endure elements if you have had the environmental protection spell cast on you at the beginning?

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Good question.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

I've wondered about that as well, but I don't think there is. The spell specifically protects against "environmental temperature extremes."

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

I thought that maybe there would be some nob up ahead that would dispel the protection. Then having a potion on hand would be VERY useful. I was thinking they might have provided us some redundancy just in case!

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Or they assumed no one would spend the PP to get the spell, and gave extra potions to cover that possibility.

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian flourishes a few cards in his hands as he makes his way forward "Fear not my fair lady, I shall protect you!" while subtly channeling his power into his cards, causing them to faintly glow

move action, swift to use power up cards via deadly dealer


Maps: Absalom Initiation

I just noticed that I made an unfortunate copy-paste error. This wasn't supposed to be a surprise round. However, the first three people got only a single action, so for fairness I will also have the mephit take a single action. After that, the rest of the PC's can take a single action, and then we'll start the first round.

The ice mephit chuckles. It then weaves some magic that causes three magic missile to fly unerringly at Terra, striking the eidolon without fail. However, Kitt's magical shield protects the eidolon, much to the mephit's chagrin. It curses in Aquan when it realizes what happened, then takes a step back to put some distance between it and the earthen creature.

Perception DC 24+, for those entering area marked A:
There's another creature in the hallway to the left, hiding behind a wall. It seems to be a vampiric mist, similar to the one you encountered in the forest area.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Surprise Round - Characters in bold may act (move or standard only.).

Ice mephit
Yanda
Shera
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder

Round 1 - Characters in bold may act (full round worth of actions).

Kitt, Terra (mage armor, 52 minutes left. shield, 4 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 52 minutes left)
Dovian

ONGOING EFFECTS
Light on Shera and Kitajo, indicated as a yellow circle. Otherwise totally dark. Low gravity. Severely cold. Pools of 3-5 foot deep, indicated by blue outlines and treated as deep bog.

PENDING
-


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra smirks as the magic missiles miss her. She then turns to engage the beast. She encroaches it as close as possible and then bites it.

Move and attack

Magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 221d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

AoOs:
AoO1,Magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 141d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13
AoO2, Magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 141d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo moves forward toward the ice mephit. double move

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Curious to see what is happening Yanda makes a full move up to the front.

If it is very icy and I need to make an acrobatics roll to move her full speed, here it is (for each 30')...
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Which means she will fall down back behind the group.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Yarricki urges Thunder forward single move, no action from Yarricki

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera moves into the bog like area, and fires an arrow at the mephit.

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Longbow Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“We’ve discovered a path to the Vault Entrance!” Sorrina Westyr’s image appears drenched but defiant, in the midst of pouring heavy rain. Ignoring the water sleeting off her, the Master of Spells points with her wand as she illuminates the asteroid map behind her. “Reports from those traveling through the Ice Reservoir indicate that most of the enemies in that region have been mopped up, though a few scattered groups may still be dealing with ongoing fights.” She taps the map. “We’ve discovered an entrance to the Vault through this area. If you’re nearby, proceed here as fast as you can!”

Then a serious expression crosses her face. “Our efforts have not gone without notice. My divinations indicate that Kelizandri, the Brackish Emperor himself, is displeased and wreaking havoc. Beware of flash floods and rain! Take care, Pathfinders!”

AREA E: The Ice Reservoir, is claimed and free for travel! GMs, there is a Water Event happening now!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Maps: Absalom Initiation

Major update, in an already complex encounter. Please take your time and ready carefully, so you understand what's going on.

Terra moves up and deals a blow to the mephit, bypassing its normal resistance to physical weapons. Shera, like a true Erastilian, prefers to attack from range. Her arrow seems to strike true, although it just misses a vital spot. Still, her arrows like the magical quality of Terra's attack and the arrow glances off the mephit's skin without harm. Kitajo, Yarricki and Yanda move up, to support their fellows in combat.

I'm putting Dovian in delay for now, because of the triggering conditions. A lot is happening at once...

--

There is suddenly a loud rumble from the distance, up ahead. The mephit looks back, suddenly scared. There is a sudden blast of cold, which preceeds a torrent of water coming your way. It might just be imagination, but it sounds like a voice coming from within the churning water. "Crrrrrusssssshhhhh!"

The roiling water makes no distinction between friend and foe, and threatens to sweep everyone off their feet. The water comes in hard and fast, and only Thunder manages to sidestep the force of it. The rest are slammed away by the waves, pushed against the eastern wall, jostled and sweeped off their feet. Even the mephit is pushed by the water, but it flaps for balance and stays on its feet.

The torrent of water passes as quickly as it came, leaving carnage in its wake. Also, it has left the area partially flooded. The entire map is difficult terrain now.

Everyone but Thunder is hit by a Bull Rush effect, due to the torrent of water. They are moved 5 foot to the East on the map. I have done this for everyone. Additionally, everyone will get 9 damage and falls prone. A reflex save DC 13 halves this damage (4) and avoids falling prone.

--

Suddenly, there appears a new foe from the middle corridor. It's a mist-like creature that had apparently been hiding behind an outcropping of ice. It hisses maniacally and comes flying in to deal with the nearest foe. It looks at the pandemonium caused by the water, and laughs as it lunges for Thunder.

Both Thunder and Yarricki can make an AoO against the creature. Assuming they don't kill it, Thunder is hit for 2 Con damage and takes 1d6 Bleed damage each turn at the start of its round.

The Mephit takes heart from the attacks of its fellow. It flexes its claws and starts tearing into Terra. One of its attacks hits, nearly hitting a vital part. The other might strike Terra, if she's unable to defend herself properly.

Terra takes 3 damage from the Mephit's attack. The other attack will also hit (for 2 damage), if Terra is prone following the water Bull Rush.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1, 2 - Characters in bold may act (move or standard only.).

Ice mephit (-10)
Dovian
Yanda
Shera
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Kitt, Terra (-3. mage armor, 52 minutes left. shield, 4 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 52 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Light on Shera and Kitajo, indicated as a yellow circle. Otherwise totally dark. Low gravity. Severely cold. Pools of 3-5 foot deep, indicated by blue outlines and treated as deep bog. The entire map is partially submerged and difficult ground.

PENDING
Everyone except Thunder: Reflex save DC 13 to avoid falling prone and to reduce the damage from the water from 9 to 4.
Yarricki, Thunder: AoO's against the mist-like creature.
Thunder: 2 Con damage and 1d6 bleed damage each turn, assuming the AoO's don't kill the mist.
Terra: 2 damage from Mephit attack if she's knocked prone.

GM rolls:

Bull rush Dovian: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Bull rush Yanda: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Bull rush Shera: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Bull rush Yarricki: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Bull rush Thunder: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Bull rush Kitt: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Bull rush Terra: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Bull rush Kitajo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Bull rush Mephit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Reflex save, Mephit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Vampiric Mist touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Mephit attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Mephit damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Mephit attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Mephit damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Mephit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Mephit critical: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Shera manages to not fall as the water rushes through the caverns. Realizing that her attack didn't work on the mephit she shoots an arrow at the other creature.

Darkwood Longbow, PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage Cold Iron Arrow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Reflex ST: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Ouch. Yanda is caught totally unprepared and goes down hard. It takes a while for her to regain her footing and stand up, but as soon as she does she throws a bomb at green.

To Hit Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

GM:
Yarricki is riding Thunder, would she be dismounted from the bull rush? I would probably allow my players a ride check to stay in the saddle if they fail the reflex safe, so will do that. It is fine if you rule otherwise.

Reflex Yarricki: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ride Yarricki, Military saddle: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19

Thunder AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Thunder Nonmagical Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Yarricki AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Yarricki Magical Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Ride Yarricki, to avoid hit on Thunder: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Thunder: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Thunder Nonmagical Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Yarricki Studied Power attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 1 = 22
Yarricki Magical Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 12

Yarricki catches the full brunt of the wave, but manages to stay in the saddle. Both she and Thunder manage to hit the misty shape, but do not drive it of. Although she tries to get Thunder out of the way of the vampiric mist, it is to quick for the axebeak and saps some of it's strength. The little gnome takes her time while Thunder magically displaces and snaps at the mist. Finally she knows where to hit it and drives her lance home!

Using Surprise shift

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Evasion means I take no damage for the successful save

Kitajo advances on the Mephit and throws a kick Can I do that from in the deeper water? Maybe a punch would be better, regardless, unarmed strike

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

I think I got everything GM Iff. If I messed up let me know and I'll straighten it out


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

With amazing reflexes, Terra keeps her feet firm on the ground. From where she stands she continues to engage the Mephit. Biting it with tenacious ferocity.

"Kitajo! Move back, let it come to us." She snarls.

magic bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 241d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

AoOs:

AoO 1, magic bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 = 71d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
AoO 2,magic bite,PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 = 61d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Much like his elemental buddy, Kitt follows keeping himself afoot, he may have had to bump into a few people before he stands firm though. He decides it best to be prepared, he withdraws a rod and a wand.

Swift action retrieve wand of cure eidolon lesser from spring loaded wrist sheath, and move action to withdraw rod of reach lesser.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
3.0

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Dovian is just about to join the fray when the image of Sorrina appears. Right after Dovian registers the warning about flash floods and rain would appear, he feels a slight shift in the air That's not good...

Dovian quickly plants his staff into the ground and braces himself as the sudden torrent of water crashes into the battlefield, allowing him to stay on his feet even as he is battered and forcibly relocated by the water. As he reorients himself after the sudden flood, he looks up only to see a new creature on the battlefield

"Oh great, another one"

Trusting Kitajo and Terra to handle the mephit, Dovian flicks a glowing card at the new creature instead

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

But disoriented right after the flood, the card flies right by the creature


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Catch-up from pending effects

The only one to fall prone due to the onrushing water is Yanda. Shera and Dovian weather the storm. as do Kitt and his companion. Yarricki is battered hard by the water, and it is only her skill at riding Thunder that prevents her from being washed away. Kitajo deals with the water best. He jumps up and grabs a hold of the ceiling while the water passes.

9 damage for Yanda, who also falls prone. 9 damage for Yarricki as well, but her Ride check avoids falling prone. 4 damage for Shera, Terra, Kitt and Dovian. 0 damage for Kitajo.

Terra stays on her feet, which allows her to avoid the mephit's second attack. Yarricki and Thunder make a valiant effort in fending of the mist on the approach. It drains some of the axebeak's blood, which heals some of its wounds and causes a large bleeding wound. Thunder takes 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage at the start of its previous turn due to the Bleed effect.

--

Your turn

Shera easily hits the mist. Her arrow flies through it, but takes a good chunk of its form with it on its path and pins it to the icy wall. Once Yanda has regained her feet, she throws a bomb at the mephit, no doubt realizing how effective this was against the previous one. It seems to realize its fate even while the bomb is still in mid-flight. "No, no. She deserves her fate! The traitor must remain entombed, she-" Yanda's bomb scores a solid hit this time. Her bomb explodes squarely against the mephit's chest and rips its icy body apart. Terra snaps at the remains for good measure. Mephit dies.

At the same time, Yarricki and Thunder get their revenge against the mist. Both of them scores solid hits again. It wails and grasps at the tendrils of fog while they come apart. It thrashes some more, but quickly has dissolved entirely. Mist dies.

--

COMBAT OVER
Well done. I'll give you a bit of time to deal with the aftereffects of this combat. I'll assume you move on. Next encounter should be up around 9 PM CEST. (If you don't get around to post before that time, any healing can be easily retconned).

--

STATUS TRACKER

Dovian (-4)
Yanda (-9)
Shera (-4)
Yarricki (-9. -1 Con damage), Thunder (-5. -2 Con damage, bleeding 1d6/round)
Kitt (-4), Terra (-7. mage armor, 52 minutes left. shield, 4 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 52 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Light on Shera and Kitajo, indicated as a yellow circle. Otherwise totally dark. Low gravity. Severely cold. Pools of 3-5 foot deep, indicated by blue outlines and treated as deep bog. The entire map is partially submerged and difficult ground.

PENDING
-

GM rolls:

Vampirice mist healing: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda starts healing herself.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As she does so she says, "If anyone needs any help with healing let me know."

Am I ever glad for that environment spell right now. Anyone have prestidigitation so we can clean up a bit?

Though healed she is sopping wet and wrings out what she can without removing clothing.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"If we gather away from the enemies I can heal everyone at once." Shera moves into an area trying to avoid the dead or dying creatures, and Channels Energy.

Channel Energy : 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
I don't have selective channel.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5
CLW Thunder: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW Yarricki: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Lesser Restoration Thunder: 1d4 ⇒ 2

"Thank you Shera. Kitt, can you use that wand we found on Thunder?"

After everybody has gathered themselves Yarricki casts light and takes the lead further down the icy hallways "I wonder where they hold that captive marid that water elemental was talking about. It never hurts to make some more allies"


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Please continue to settle healing as needed. Assume that happens in the caverns with the mephit.

The Pathfinders continue on their way, with the feeling that they must be getting close to 'something'. And indeed, they are... Ten minutes later, the tunnel opens up into a large cavern.

Several tunnels lead into this expansive ice cavern, in which rests an enormous block of ice bound in chains that hang from the icicle-covered ceiling. Hundreds of figures are flash-frozen within, caught in a moment of horror and agony. At the front of the inanimate crowd stands a regally clad giant who stares ahead with defiance. Entering the room causes the breath to catch in one's lungs, and each exhale causes a plume of thick fog. The block of ice must be radiating intense cold, enough to cause discomfort even though the protection of the planetary adaptation.

Knowledge planes DC 19+:
You recognize the regally clad giant as a Shahzada, a noble Marid. They are outsiders living on the plane of water. All Marids are formiddable opponents with a wide array of spell-like abilities at their disposal. The most fabled of these is the ability to grant a wish.

The ceiling is 70 foot high here, and anyone who wishes to reach the chains must fly or climb that high. The bottom of the ice block is about 10 foot off the ground. With some help, one could probably reach it and use the block of ice to climb up to the chains. The cold in the room is uncomfortable but not dangerous, except for those who would come very close to the block of ice.

--

GM rolls:

minutes: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Out of concern for his companion, Kitt immediately treats her with the wand. With a single flick, a bright sparkle releases from the wands tip and circles the eidolon, closing all her wounds. "All better now!" He says as he pets Terra.

CEL: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"Hmm, my turn now." He says as he retrieves a similar looking wand, but not exactly the same. It has a few marks on it that distinguishes it differently. He taps it on himself, and a similar swirling light cures all his wounds.

UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"What is this? Well whatever it is, Terra could probably give you a boost if you need to reach the block of ice. Anyone can cast fire?"

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"I do have two flasks of alchemist 's fire, does anybody else have those?"

Sovereign Court

3.0

As Dovian luxuriates in the glow of healing energy from Shera, Dovian sweeps one of her hands and kisses it "Many thanks milady! I'm fully restored! Truly, you are a wonder of wonders indeed!"

When the party spots the Marid, Dovian impulsively hails it "Ho! You there good sir! What are you doing here?"

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

I seemed to miss some post! Looks like I need not heal myself earlier.

Kitt thanks Shera for the healing and assist with Thunder by using the wand of restoration lesser. He also takes out his crossbow and bolts, "Hmm, we could always try shooting the chain down? I'm not very good at this, but surely someone is?"

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Yanda downs an extract of shield when they get to the room.

@Dovian
"The fellow looks to be encased in ice. I don't think he's going to say much unless we get him out, if at all."

@Yarricki & Kitt
"Well, I have two flasks of alchemist's fire and my bombs which generate a lot of heat too. Though I really like the idea of breaking those chains. Melting that much ice would take a lot of heat and this place seems to suck up heat. Kitt, you see what you can do with your crossbow. Let me toss a bomb at that block of ice and if it does any good we can determine if the alchemist fires might be of any use."

And with that Yanda launches a bomb at the ice.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Kn Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Yanda downs an extract of shield when they get to the room.

@Dovian
"The fellow looks to be encased in ice. I don't think he's going to say much unless we get him out, if at all."

@Yarricki & Kitt
"Well, I have two flasks of alchemist's fire and my bombs which generate a lot of heat too. Though I really like the idea of breaking those chains. Melting that much ice would take a lot of heat and this place seems to suck up heat. Kitt, you see what you can do with your crossbow. Let me toss a bomb at that block of ice and if it does any good we can determine if the alchemist fires might be of any use."

And with that Yanda launches a bomb at the ice.

damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Know Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Careful Yanda. We don't know." she watches the bomb fly. Oh nevermind.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Digging through his pack Kitajo speaks to Yanda I have 10 torches, but I have lost my means of lighting them. If someone can spark them we could place the torches around the block.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Sure thing Yanda, after this is done you must explain where you got the title Firewarden, it seems you set more things on fire than that you extinguish fires... Not that I am complaining!"


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Yanda's bomb again has an effect that goes beyond her prospect. The low gravity allows her to lob her bomb near the top of the block of ice. The explosion blast apart of good chunk of ice, which causes the anchored chains to come loose. The block of ice comes crashing down with an ear-shattering sound, causing it to break in two. Several of the imprisoned beings break free, a myriad of creature from the plane of water: elementals, mephits, a few undines and some alluring creatures that Yanda recognizes as Veela. They are stunned for a moment, but quickly realize what's going on and start breaking apart the rest of the ice to free their leader.

Before long the woman is freed, because once out of the ice it's clear that the giant is not a man as Dovian had assumed: easily 18 foot tall, with blue-green skin, eyes of the deepest blue and thick locks of wavy white hair. She takes a few moments to smooth her dress, adopts a regal stance and looks down at the Pathfinders while her band of followers stand behind her, cautiously waiting for what's next. "Humans? Are you from the Material Plane? What brought you here?" She looks over her shoulder at her motley crew of followers, then turns back to you. "I assume it was your efforts that freed us. You have our thanks for that, but you must know it's not safe here. We have to leave before you also incur Ayrzul's wrath."

Sense Motive DC 20:
She manages to hide it well, but being imprisoned has been a big blow to the woman's morale. She's somewhat despondent, fearful of further repercussions and worried for the fate of her allies.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 anyone willing to aid (if allowed)?

"We are Pathfinders. I assume you are Zheleh. We are exploring the asteroid to find a being trapped on it that is sending out signals to other planets. Do you know more about that?" Yarricki asks


Maps: Absalom Initiation
Yarricki wrote:

anyone willing to aid (if allowed)?

I normally don't allow Aid Another on Sense Motive, except in special circumstances. It's already hard to combine your knowledge of 'gut feelings', especially while in a conversation with the person you're trying to 'read'.

201 to 250 of 615 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.