[PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Iff

Maps


351 to 400 of 615 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Seeing that his last attack was less effective than it should have been Kitajo draws his cold iron temple sword and swings at Blue.

Cold Iron Temple Sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian takes a step to his right and flicks another card at the ambusher

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt panics as he sees a hostile next time him. Keep calm, keep calm. He attempts to keep calm, but his nervousness gets the better of him as he shrieks and runs to a safer distance.

Withdraw


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra on the other hand rolls her eyes and moves into the empty spot that Kitt left behind calmly to close in on the threat.

Magic Bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 111d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

AoOs:

Magic Bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 171d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9
Magic Bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 231d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Yanda is just going to get out her wand of CLW and be ready to help someone if they get hurt (Cast on Yariki or Thunder if they are hit).

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5, if needed.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Unfortunately the heroes aren't able to land a blow against the little miners as they weave their way around the bigger Agents. The miner facing Kitajo does seem to be more wary of his sword as she darts around him, hacking away with her pick somewhat tentatively.

Pick: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 12

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2: Characters in bold may act.
Dovian
Yanda
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Blue Miner -5
Shera
Yellow Miner -8
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder -13
Red Miner
Kitt, Terra (-14)(mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Suddenly, your enemies flee as a wave of Pathfinders comes roaring through the area! One of them, a little green gnome on a riding dog, calls back at you. "Hey, we just heard that Sorrina's giving a big announcement. You don't want to miss it, do you?"

The asteroid groans as if an invisible weight had been lifted from it, leaving the air cleaner and breathing easier. The reassuring breeze emanating from tunnels suddenly drops in intensity, leaving a feeble stream that whistles weakly as it drifts off into space. A moment later, portals wreathed in tumbling stone open all across the asteroid, and Sorrina Westyr urgently beckons everyone to come through.

“We've truly grabbed the scorpion by the tail. Whatever entity was holding us at bay has loosened its grip, but it has redirected its efforts to cutting off the source of air that allows us to survive in this place. The path forward is no longer filled with lethal energy. We have at most…an hour or two before we must return home or face asphyxiation. But if we press forward and find the source of the air, I believe it is tied to whatever captive is imprisoned here. Our portal minders will stand ready in case we need to evacuate quickly.”

Sorrina leads the assembled Pathfinders toward the edge of an immense, steeply sloped tunnel that descends into a miles-wide, spherical cavern. A crude stone fortress floats near the cave's center as if it were a rocky sun, and enormous slabs of earth orbit it like a miniature asteroid belt. These slabs gravitate inward toward the fortress, but periodic blasts of air slow their approach and cast the jagged masses back toward the edge of the cavern. Each gust is slightly weaker than the last.

Robed figures cling to the rocky slabs and chant loudly, as if empowering the stone. Unimpressed, Sorrina Westyr casts a spell at one of the distant cultists and flings him off his crude platform.

Aiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!” The cultist screams, arms and legs askew as he hurtles toward the fortress and collides with its surface with a faint splat.

“Woo hoo, Bullseye!” Drandle Dreng claps, then goes back to organizing a party of Pathfinders who are busily unpacking knotted ropes. “Hurry, there’s not a moment to lose!”

“We must get to that fortress,” Sorrina announces before signaling others to lower knotted ropes down to the cavern. “Clear off the opposition, then we'll make our way inside. I find it reassuring that whatever lies within the fortress has an aura of good, and no doubt seeks our aid.”

Part III Begins!
We have 25 of the 150 Clues We Need -- Now, go find the rest!

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"What are we waiting for. Let's go!"

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"First use that wand we received on Thunder please!"

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 = 14


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Other Society agents begin to lower and brace the knotted ropes down the sloping tunnel that drops into the cavern, which makes climbing down simple enough. Thunder and Terra are granted slightly less dignity as they are being lowered in harnesses.

Until a rune-scribed floating island begins drifting beneath the tunnel and brushing against the lowered ropes!

These rocky fragments gravitate toward the fortress, Sorrina shouts as she hangs from a rope. If we can cling on before it travels out of reach, it should carry it toward our destination.

The iceberg-sized rock spins slightly, revealing a host of undead cultists that cease their chanting, point toward the Pathfinders, and let loose unholy wails.

Now! cries the Master of Spells, and agents begin rappelling down to the crude platform.

You are all clinging to ropes still 15' above the still moving island. The harnessed pets will land at the end of the round, and it will be either a move action for one of you to free them, or a Strength check for them to burst their bonds.

Initiative:

Dovian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Yanda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Kitajo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kitt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Yarricki: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Skeleton Priest: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Skeleton Warrior: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The bony priest of Ayrzul gestures and a faintly glowing morningstar appears to attack his rival priest, battering her while she climbs.

Spiritual Weapon at Shera: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1: Characters in bold may act.
Skeleton Priest
Shera DC 5 Climb Check to not fall from being hit
Dovian

Skeleton Warrior
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Yanda
Kitt, Terra (-9)(mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

"Ha!", followed by a less enthusiastic "Oh. Another nasty slope to head down. Well, on the bright side I can feather fall to the fortress, I think, "

I'm trying to make sense of the map. Could you mark an X where we are headed? Are we already on a path? Is that a sharp slope between us and the two miscreants on the map? Do we need to choose whether to go the long way around or jump or climb?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
18/23/28 - 15/17/19

I wouldn't recommend feather falling! Sorrina calls, There's a lot of debris that could squash you flat while you couldn't steer!

You're rappelling onto a moving island. You're currently suspended 15' above the ground, and once you've cleared the landing the plan is to ride it all the way down to the vault. The slope is a 5' rise, and isn't hard to climb, but will require some sort of check (or being very tall) to traverse.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Shera manages to hang on as the weapon hits her. She smiles grimly, and channels Positive energy at the cultists. She continues to climb down the rope.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Channel Positive: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Will Save DC 11. I have a Holy Symbol skin bleaching (tattoo). I don't believe I need a hand free.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Is the map the surface of the island/rock we are descending towards and our direction of motion is 'under' our icons?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You are currently heading down towards the surface, yes.

Priest's Will: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15
Warrior's Will: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 = 16

Erastil's judgment seems to fall lightly on his foes, but they are not proof against his disapproval.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1: Characters in bold may act.
Skeleton Priest -4
Shera -2
Dovian
Skeleton Warrior -4
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Yanda
Kitt, Terra (-9)(mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

I'm putting Dovian in delay. Also, I'm putting the skeletal priest in delay to let it act at the same time as the warrior. Essentially, that means that you're all up. :)

While the floating rocks floats past beneath the Pathfinders, Shera is the first to touch ground. She sees the skeletal warrior brandishing his longsword, ready to strike at the first to come near him.

To expand on Cwethan's explanation: Shera had made it to the floating rock safely, and is stationary on the map you see. The others, marked in blue, are suspended above the map on the ropes while the floating island (the map you see) sweeps past from right to left. That means everyone still on the ropes at the end of the round gets moved 20 foot to the right automatically. All clear? If not, please ask, either here or in Discussion.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1: Characters in bold may act.

Shera -2
Skeleton Priest -4
Skeleton Warrior -4
Dovian
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder
Yanda
Kitt, Terra (-9)(mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)
End of round - Everyone still on ropes moves 20 to the right of the map. Terra and Thunder touch ground, but are still harnessed.

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature. Slope requires DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb to check at normal speed. If failed, counts as difficult terrain.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Quick Climb: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 5 = 18
Quick Climb: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 5 = 12
Speed: 15 ft, normal climb speed = 15/4. Quick climbing (at -5 penalty) lets me climb at half speed, which gets me down to the ground in two move actions.

Yarricki quickly scrambles down to the ground

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Kitajo heads down the rope too.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Taking penalty to climb at half speed (20 feet)

He then approaches the enemies. Double move

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"You hold them of Kitajo, I will free Thunder first and then come to your aid!"


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Quadruped can't climb with their legs! No opposable thumbs :(

Terra the elemental dog, looks towards the floating mass and decides to take a leap of faith. She jumps off to attempt to land herself gracefully on to the rock.

Reflex DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 uh oh

fall dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 Of which 1st d6 is non lethal.

Total dmg is -11 and -3NL

She falls and bonks herself on the head, but picks herself up.
Fall and move action to get up.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

climb: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 1 - 2 = -1
fall: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Kitt climbs down but following his eidolon's lead, he falls the full way down. "Aiiieeeeeeee' He picks himself up and draws a wand from his wrist sheaths.

Fall and move action to get up, and swift action to draw wand of cure eidolon lesser from spring loaded wrist sheaths.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Solstice will spend a couple actions climbing down.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera pulls out her bow, and fires an arrow at the undead warrior.

Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Thunder:
hp 24/30 | Ac 16 T 12 FF 13 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Thunder jumps down softly and immediately moves to Yarricki's side.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

It's been almost 24 hours for Dovian, so I'm botting him.
Dovian Climb, accelerated: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Yarricki and Kitajo easily scramble down the rope and land on the rock, as do Yanda and Dovian. Thunder makes a good jump as well, although the landing is a shock on her legs.

Kitt and Terra seems to share a mystical connection in this instance as well, and both land on the floating island unceremoniously. Shera takes advantage of her early descent, and fires an arrow at the undead warrior. The skeletal creature blocks the projectile with his shield, however. He's wearing sturdy armor, and Shera reckons that her arrow might not have done much damage to the skeleton, even if it would have hit.

--

The bone priest raises a cackled chant to Ayrzul and weaves a spell that he confers to the warrior next to him. His ethereal morning star continues bashing at Shera, but she easily dodges its blow this time. The skeletal champion advances upon Kitajo with his longsword raises to deliver a powerful strike, but the skeleton's aim is poor and misses the mark.

Spellcraft DC 17 to ID the spell being cast:
The skeletal warrior was imbued with protection from good.

Knowledge religion DC 12 to ID the warrior (red):
This undead creature is a skeletal warrior. It has DR 5/bludgeoning, like most skeletons. (1 question per 5 by which you beat the DC)

The other one (blue) is a bone priest, similar to the Kelizandrite undead priest you encountered in the Vault Entrance. It has channel resistance, spells DR 5/bludgeoning and magic and a gaze attack.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Characters in bold may act.

Shera (-2)
Bone priest (-4)
Skeleton warrior (-4)
Dovian
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder (6 NL)
Yanda
Kitt, Terra (-11, 3 NL. mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature. Slope requires DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb to check at normal speed. If failed, counts as difficult terrain.

PENDING
Kitajo - Will save DC 15 versus the bone priest's gaze attack. On failure, shaken for 1d4 rounds.

GM rolls:

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Longsword attack +PA, Kitajo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Ride Fast Mount DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Yarricki quickly climbs into the saddle, but not as quickly as she practiced on the fields outside Absalom. She urges Thunder a bit north and readies her lance.

Move to mount, move to ready lance. Thunder takes a single move. AC is now 17, shield not equiped

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Know Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"The spell is Protection from Good." Shera swings her Longbow on her back on the way down the slope. She pulls out the Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds.

Double Move
Acrobatics to go down the slope: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Being unable to identify the creature infront of him does not daunt Kitajo. He can identify a corpse just as easily.

Flurry Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Flurry Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Yanda moves into position and readies an action to toss a bomb at the priest when he takes a standard action.

+9/2d6+5 or 7 splash bomb [rng: 20 ft; 20/x2*; fire] (+2[BAB] +3[dex] +1[tany] +1[pblank] +2[dex mut]/2d6 +4[int] +1[pblank]); DC 15 Reflex save for half splash damage

To hit ranged touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11

Ick. Glad it does splash. Is the mutagen still in effect? If not subtract 2 from that roll.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitajo isn't fazed by the priest's intense stare and starts his brawl with the champion. His first attack deflects off the undead's armor, but the second finds a weak spot and smashes a few ribs. The warrior makes a motion as if he would spit, even if nothing leaves his skeletal mouth. "We will repair the Vault. You won't be able to free the Duke. You will die here, like so many before you." There's a certain irony in the words coming from the mouth of an undead, but it's lost on him.

Yanda takes out a bomb and gets ready to toss it, but holds her throw for the moment.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Characters in bold may act.

Shera (-2)
Bone priest (-4)
Skeleton warrior (-10)
Dovian
Yarricki (AC 17, no shield. -1 Con damage), Thunder (6 NL)
Yanda (Readied action, bomb. mutagen, 16 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (-11, 3 NL. mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature. Slope requires DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb to check at normal speed. If failed, counts as difficult terrain.

PENDING
None - Will save DC 15 versus the bone priest's gaze attack. On failure, shaken for 1d4 rounds.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt holds his ground and calls upon his eidolon to restore it to good health. He uses his wand as the elemental dog makes to his direction.

cure eidolon lesser: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra moves to Kitt and the once more to get in on the action! Terra cowers in fear at the sight of the undead. "grreeeiikkk"

Double move.

will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Terra, get away or Thunder will trample you!"

You are blocking the charge lane to blue...


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Noted, will move out next round. Wanted to be in a position for AoO with reach to both undeads.

"Grrrokayyrrr" Terra growls as she hears Yarricki's call.

AoOs:

AoO1,magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 101d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8
AoO2,magic bite, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 101d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12


Maps: Absalom Initiation

I will allow another destination for Terra, if you'd like. Normally, around the table, you could have discussed this during the move. Alternatively, smart use of delay next round might solve the issue as well.


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

I think it'll be cleaner if terra moved out next round just in time for thunder to move in.


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Dovian Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Dovian realizes that his card will probably not do a lot of damage to the skeletons, so he moves in closer to encircle their foes.

Kitt heals Terra, and Terra moves up.

The bone priest signals to the champion, who was weary of attacking the nimble monk. Suddenly, he switches targets to Terra, who seems wounded and an easy target. However, he doesn't find the eidolon easy prey.
The priest then draws his bastard sword and also steps up to Terra. This was just what Yanda had been waiting for. She tosses her bomb. However, Yanda seems to have some trouble adapting to the increased gravity, and her bomb just misses. The bone priest dodges the worst of it, but is still singed. The bomb has also interfered with the bone priest's aim, and his sword glances harmlessly off Terra's hard skin.

The shimmering morning star harassing Shera makes a final feeble attempt to harm the Erastilian, then winks out.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Characters in bold may act.

Shera (-2)
Bone priest (-7)
Skeleton warrior (-10)
Dovian
Yarricki (AC 17, no shield. -1 Con damage), Thunder (6 NL)
Yanda (mutagen, 16 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (-7. mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature. Slope requires DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb to check at normal speed. If failed, counts as difficult terrain.

PENDING
Terra - 7 fire splash damage. Reflex save DC 15 for half.
Everyone except Kitt - Will save DC 15 versus the bone priest's gaze attack. On failure, shaken for 1d4 rounds.

GM rolls:

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Champion attack, +PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Priest attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Bomb scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Human (Tien) Monk (Unchained) 8 | HP 75/75| AC 29 T 26 FF 26 | CMB +12, CMD 34 | F +8 R +9 Will +8 (+2 Vs enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | Speed 50ft | Stunning Fist: 8/8 | Ki Pool: 10/10 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The gaze from the priest innerves Kitajo.

Shaken rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2

He moves to be opposite Terra to try to divide the enemy's focus. Despite his unease Kitajo launches a flurry of strikes at the warrior (red?) adding a third strike to try to ease his mind.

Flurry Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Flurry Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Flurry Unarmed Strike 3: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Jabbing Style Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Biped Azata 4 HP:26/26 | AC:15(19)(23) T:12 FF:14 | CMB:7 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Per:+14|

Terra failed the will save earlier. Yanda has precise bomb though, so i'd imagine she would not want Terra to be hit? But i'll roll the reflex anyway. Terra will attempt to take down the red with flank from Kitajo, but if it's already down she will target blue instead.

shaken ?: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Greeekkkrr" Terra yelps as she is slightly burnt by the bomb.

GM:
Also GM I did not notice the acrobatics requirement to move before. should I retcon? Terra does have +8 to acrobatics so I think i'll likely not fail it but i'll roll anyway and see if retcon is needed.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

But she does not give up hope, she uses Kitajo's position to her advantage as well. She then moves out to give some runway space to Thunder, but has a bit of difficulty.

magic bite,PA,flank, shaken: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 + 2 - 2 = 171d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12

Acrobatics for 5ft step, shaken: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9
She will take a move action to move out of her current square, thus will provoke an AoO

Bite is treated as B/S/P for the purpose of damage reduction.

Dark Archive

Half Elf Unchained Summoner 4 HP:27/27 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 | CMB:3 CMD:14 | Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+4(+2for enchantment) | Init:+2 | Per:+2 | Rod of Reach Lesser 2/3 Spells L1: 1/4 L2: 1/2

Kitt yells from a distance as he watches his companion do some dangerous things. "Terra! Be careful!"
He draws his rod from his bag, and uses it simultaneously with his wand.

Cure eidolon lesser, rod of reach: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitt, I had indeed missed the Will save by Terra. You normally only make the save vs. a Gaze attack when you start your turn within the area. This wasn't the case for Terra yet, previous round. Also, I checked up on the Precise bomb discovery. Unfortunately, that only works if the bomb actually hits. Yanda missed this time, and on a scatter everyone does get splash damage, regardless of the discovery.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Will Yarricki: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Will Thunder: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Shaken: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Although Thunder seems to have his doubts they charge the blueish bone priest!

Thunder bites: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Trip: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 14

Charging power attack
Yarricki’s lance: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 + 6 = 23


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Kitaho tries his best, but the priest's gaze keeps drawing his attention. Even with Terra forcing the skeletal warrior to divide its attention, Kitajo doesn't land any of his blows. Terra likewise has little luck in landing a blow. All she catches in her bite is the cold steel of the skeleton's armor. She then scrambles up the hill, knowing that Thunder will soon come charging in. The maneuver allows both undead to take a free shot at the eidolon, and she feels the steel of the champion's longsword in her flank. (7 damage)

With Terra out of the way, Yarricki sets Thunder to charge, despite the axe beak's doubts concerning the bone priest. The axe beak seems to see a clear solution to the problem, and snaps at the bone priest's head. His beak has trouble breaking the creature's skin, but he knows he can count on his master's help. Yarricki's lance hits him - though barely - and smashes quite a few of the priest's ribs. It curses and again makes a spitting motion, not yet beaten into submission.

--

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Characters in bold may act.

Shera (-2)
Bone priest (blue) (-31)
Skeleton warrior (red) (-10, protection from good)
Dovian
Yarricki (AC 17, no shield. -1 Con damage), Thunder (6 NL. Shaken, this round)
Yanda (mutagen, 16 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (-19. Shaken, 2 rounds. mage armor, 7 minutes left)
Kitajo (Shaken, 2 rounds. mage armor, 7 minutes left)

ONGOING EFFECTS
Dim light. Normal gravity. Normal temperature. Slope requires DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb to check at normal speed. If failed, counts as difficult terrain.

PENDING
Everyone except Kitt - Will save DC 15 versus the bone priest's gaze attack. On failure, shaken for 1d4 rounds.

GM rolls:

Champion AoO at Terra, PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Priest AoO at Terra, PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Shera moves up and sticks the wand of Cure Moderate Wounds into the ribs of the Skeletal Warrior, and activates it.

CMW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 3) + 2 = 12
Will Save for Half DC14 Wand 4/5


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Shera, could you please make a melee touch attack to see if you hit the skeleton with the wand?

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Shera and GM, damage from CMW should be 2d8+3 for 13. We also used one charge of that wand on Thunder, so now are down to 3 charges.

Sovereign Court

Female L/N Sylph Alchemist/5 | HP: 37/38 (?/? false life)| AC/FF/Tch: 26/21/15 - 18/15/13 | CMB +3; CMD 16 16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/10/2 +6/8/2 | Init: +3 +3 | Speed 30 ft | Disable Device +9, Fly +11, Kn Arc +9, Kn Local +10, Kn Nat +9, Kn Planes +6, Perception +8, Sleight of Hand +11, Spellcraft +11, Survival +7, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: mutagen, shield, ant haul, false life

Seeing the lovely placement of her enemies Yanda decides not to delay this time, adjusts for gravity, takes careful aim, and looses another bomb on the priest.

+9/2d6+5 or 7 splash bomb [rng: 20 ft; 20/x2*; fire] (+2[BAB] +3[dex] +1[tany] +1[pblank] +2[dex mut]/2d6 +4[int] +1[pblank]); DC 15 Reflex save for half splash damage

To hit ranged touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

Reminder: Yanda excludes allies from splash on a hit.

"That should just about do it."

Sovereign Court

3.0

Dovian charges forward with his quarterstaff at the skeleton warrior, knowing that his cards will be less effective agaisnt this undead foes "All in!"

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
quarterstaff: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Maps: Absalom Initiation

Shera doesn't have trouble hitting the skeletal champion. However, the aura of his protecting from good spell shimmer slightly and allows him to avoid the worst of the effect. Still, the positive energy from the wand leaves his bones brittle and causes many of them to crumble already.

Yanda's bomb then finishes the job. Her aim is near-perfect this time, and the resulting explosion snuffs out the last of whatever unholy life force animated the skeletons.

COMBAT OVER

With the undead defeated, the Pathfinders have a little more time to take in their surrounding. All throughout the massive cavern, large chunks of rock fly in circles with Pathfinders battling undead followers of Ayrzul. All of the rocks' trajectories take them to the center of the asteroid, which must be the Vault. It is nearly a half-mile wide with defenses established in every direction. An adamantine shell encloses the structure; however this has been ruptured, and strands of the sky metal practically bleed from the holes in a vain attempt to repair the damage and reseal the area completely. The ground bulges all about, and chunks of earth and metal explode periodically as blasts of air billow out from within, driven by an unseen force.

It will be a few minutes for 'your' island to reach the Vault, which can be used to study the Vault and to recuperate.

The island's flight to the Vault takes 10 minutes. Yanda's mutagen has almost run out, and Kitt and Kitajo should renew their mage armor spell. Also, please make a Knowledge Engineering, Perception of Survival check to identify a suitable point of entry into the fortress, while you approach the Vault.

--

STATUS TRACKER

Shera (-2)
Dovian
Yarricki (-1 Con damage), Thunder (6 NL)
Yanda (mutagen, 5 minutes left)
Kitt, Terra (-19. mage armor, 60 minutes left)
Kitajo (mage armor, 60 minutes left)

GM rolls:

Will save vs CMW: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

351 to 400 of 615 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Multi-Table special] #8-00The Cosmic Captive - GM Iff (Tier 3-4) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.